1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-30, 14:36   Link #701
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I can hardly call that pwning, it was basically a double KO.... >_>
Except one of them lived to fight another day, with his GN drive intact, while the other... had to switch bodies and lost his own drive.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:53   Link #702
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post

If there is one thing that this episode really fails on, is building tension; instead of having Setsuna and Ribbons go at it, like possessed freaks, with everything on the line, this becomes some battle of ranting and whole bunch of other meaningless shit. Personally, this doesn't hold a candle to final battle between Rau and Kira, which must be pointed out, was basically all on the back of Rau. By the way, good job on the ominous ending, will Ribbons look a bit older next time he pops out?
In my opinion it was incredibly tense and an all out sort of battle. I think you might have watched the final episode of Gundam Seed Destiny instead because that was more of a rant on rant battle. This one had some talking, but it was pretty much to the death with neither Setsuna or Ribbons willing to give an inch. That's what I look for in my Gundam final battles and I have to say it was probably the best final showdown I've seen since Char's Counterattack. By contrast I find the battle between Kira and Rau incredibly bland with how they just kept repeating that DRAGOON animation over and over and over again and how they just would not shut up. Yeah so me it's the exact opposite between the two series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:53   Link #703
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
In the last scene, I think that CB is only just returning to space to prepare/repair, and Allelujah and Marie are taking a much needed vacation, so that All can try to propose to Marie.
I think Alle and Marie are leaving... i mean Alle never liked the fighting and he promised Sergei that he would not allow Marie to fight, so it would make sense that they would take this peaceful time as a chance to leave CB and live a normal life away from the battles.

i think it's telling that Setsuna and Lyle were the only meisters on the ship when it left... If they are just repairing/preparing then Lockon and setsuna would not be as needed so they too could take a vacation... not to mention that i would assume that a couple of months have past since the last battle so they have likely already done the repiars they needed

Besides... CB can find a new meister if they need one. I mean, they had to find all of the meisters in the first place, and even had to replace Lockon... they would also need a replacement for Tieria... and though the government does view them as an enemy, their public opinion is likely not too bad at this point... since they got Veda back they will have no trouble looking for new meisters
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:02   Link #704
randomness

Is it me or is Setsuna suppose to die
randomness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:03   Link #705
nutype
Future MD

if i saw the 00/reborns fight correctly, ribbons beat setsuna. First of all ribbons is in an inferior 2x Tau drive with no hax abilities like the 00. The 00's limbs, face and GN drive are cleaved off while the reborn is in comparitibly better shape.

Last edited by nutype; 2009-03-30 at 15:15.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:14   Link #706
kakakka

Ribbons used Trans-Am...

It was a battle of Trans-Am before 00 got trashed
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:15   Link #707
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Ribbons used Trans-Am...

It was a battle of Trans-Am before 00 got trashed

yup i just noticed it right now, thanks.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:17   Link #708
Scrya
"Also a Lolicon"

Send a message via MSN to Scrya
Now that I think about it, what was the point of Trans-Am Burst? xD. And what was that thing the Exia did at the end with its GN Drive?
Scrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:27   Link #709
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrya View Post
Now that I think about it, what was the point of Trans-Am Burst? xD. And what was that thing the Exia did at the end with its GN Drive?
Trans Am Burst was just the GN Radio thing on a larger scale
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:28   Link #710
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
if i saw the 00/reborns fight correctly, ribbons beat setsuna. First of all ribbons is in an inferior 2x Tau drive with no hax abilities like the 00. The 00's limbs, face and GN drive are cleaved off while the reborn is in comparitibly better shape.
Well Externally Reborn was in better shape, but what of the underlining damage?
From the way the reborn had the small explosion after it had already left the battle and from the way Ribbons was speaking, the Reborn may have suffered a great deal of internal damage. If Ribbons kept on fighting in it, the internal damage might have lead to the suit shutting down part of or all of it's systems, or it may have just blown up completely...

00 may have been missing more limbs, but reborn may have had so much internal damage that it was sitting in a ticking time bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrya View Post
And what was that thing the Exia did at the end with its GN Drive?
Rule of Cool
It has no meaning but just to make that final stand off look awesome... though i do think they should have done something similar with ribbons just to create a parallel between them
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:34   Link #711
randomness

can any1 answer my question??
randomness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:37   Link #712
Scrya
"Also a Lolicon"

Send a message via MSN to Scrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Rule of Cool
It has no meaning but just to make that final stand off look awesome... though i do think they should have done something similar with ribbons just to create a parallel between them
Hmm.. that's a good point. This feels like Gurren Lagann now though (not that it was bad) xD. It still looked freaking awesome lol.
Scrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:09   Link #713
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
haha Japan realy loves Germany ?
That, and it appears to be a semi-tradition since UC. For the most obvious reference, just look at the flag of Zeon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:19   Link #714
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Rule of Cool
They kind of did with 0 Gundam, but it was a few seconds before colliding with Exia, and it wasn't as big as the rings, it was more of a jet exhaust type....
Old 2009-03-30, 16:29   Link #715
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post

haha Japan realy loves Germany ?
I don't think its that .
Japan likes the most USA and France .

Well , it was a double K.O but Setsuna survived !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:33   Link #716
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I don't think its that .
Japan likes the most USA and France .
That was not a very educated comment, imo, and totally baseless.

Fact is that Japan takes cues from a lot of European countries. However, Japan took many cues from Germany in terms of government and social services when Japan became a world power back in the late 19th century. For example, the Japanese constitution was based on the German constitution written in 1871.

Anyway, I do suggest you spend some time in Japan when given a chance, go visit some of the parks on people's day off, you might see something that will open your eyes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-03-30 at 16:44.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:46   Link #717
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
By the way, did anyone else noticed all of those Innovators (Innovado) scattered around the in outro? I saw one for Bring/Divine, Anew/Revive, and Ribbons/Hilling, did not see one for Tieria/Regene.

look at the glasses, the color of her hair it's dark purpple in my raw, and her fringe of hair... exactly the same

Spoiler for Tieria/Regene:
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:55   Link #718
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

While I did like this episode a whole bunch, the only complaint I had was the sudden transition to Exia and 0 Gundam. It was nice how they did it, but, I much preferred if it stayed Reborn Gundam vs 00.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:55   Link #719
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
not sure if anyone else said anything or realizes that unless your in japan and go to the theater to watch the movie, or by chance find a a cam version of it we wont see a download of it until a year or so later, if its like bleach or naruto. So that sucks a lot of us are gonna have to wait to 2011 to see the movie.

As for the Exia 0 Gundam fight i can personally say i hated 00 (the gundam, not the show) so i was really glad to see it get destroyed and replaced by exia.
Old 2009-03-30, 17:16   Link #720
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Not bad, I expected a finale, only to see that movie will be made. Well it works for me, but I only hope they put more Gundam pilots in it. The 2nd Season was alright, it had it's ups and downs, but overall it pictured itself as one of the better Gundam shows. If only the music was as good as in Destiny I would give it a highest score.

Patrick and Katy is a pure win, it made me more happy then some other scenes in the anime =)