AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 20:10   Link #1501
justavisitor

And let me conclude the argument by saying, even if she does something wrong/not appropriate, I can easily "forgive" her after Seo gives us a semi-Nanami-focused chapter. I got to say Seo draws Nanami really well in this chapter XD

I know I should not judge ppl just because of their look, but hey Seo's artwork is really great Go Nanami!!! (oops, I guess I am still a fan of Eba..but I have no idea whether I will switch sides in near future )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 21:19   Link #1502
mammothb

argh, i still cant understand wat nanami did in the end, when is the scans coming out? looking forward to the drama though D
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 02:21   Link #1503
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Nope, Nanami is just a very perceptive girl. She saw the writing on the wall and she WAS NOT WRONG. She did the right thing. Haruto had already fallen in love with Eba, Eba attacked hard and strong and got the boy. It didn't help that Haruto did lie to Nanami about where he went when he broke up his date with Nanami and then abandoned her to go searching for other girl.
If she did forsee the "writings" then why is she having second thoughts NOW? Why the regretful face? Eba attacked hard and strong but Nanami just backed off even though she had the advantage in the beginning. Nanami wasnt perceptive, she was just indecisive. Even if Haruto did fall in love with Eba, Nanami could try going out with Haruto and make her bond stronger with him, IF her love for Haruto was strong enough. Nanami is having those regrets now because even if she did the so-called right thing, the truth is, she just disregarded her own feelings and didnt wait to see and try out Haruto's feelings for her. Do you really believe that Haruto would've broken up with Nanami once he started going out with her? I believe if they became a couple Nanami could say that she was uncomfortable with Haruto and Eba being so close and I would bet that Haruto would've done something about it. Nanami abruptly rejected him without even giving him a reason.
Old 2009-10-29, 04:58   Link #1504
mammothb

during the time when haruto last confessed to nanami, before looking for eba, eba already decided to support haruto x nanami rit? (if i remember correctly). So if haruto did go out with nanami, I think eba will be sensible enough to not cause any misunderstanding. Yea, also given how haruto has managed to survive the few months of long-distance relationship, if nanami didn't reject him and they went out together before he developed feelings for eba, I think the whole series could have just ended with a "…and they lived happily ever after".

I think nanami is impulsive. If she had been thinking of whether she did the wrong thing rejecting haruto she would have been less cold when interacting with him? Perhaps treat him more normally instead of like she hates him or something. And it's also just before the trip when she talked more normally to haruto, probably she suddenly realize that she wants to be with haruto.
Old 2009-10-29, 07:46   Link #1505
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Nanami is having those regrets now because even if she did the so-called right thing, the truth is, she just disregarded her own feelings and didnt wait to see and try out Haruto's feelings for her. Do you really believe that Haruto would've broken up with Nanami once he started going out with her?
You always have regrets in this type of situation. She doesn't have a crystal ball neither do I, so it is hard to say what would have happened if Haruto and Nanami had started dating. Nanami was honest with herself, she knew she couldn't handle to date Haruto and come second in his eyes, like he was doing. Also, very few girls would be confortable dating a guy that is living with non related girl. Nanami knew what she was able to handle and thus backed up. She knew Haruto had feelings for Eba and that was enough for her to step down.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 10:51   Link #1506
Dark Mage

Quote:
You always have regrets in this type of situation. She doesn't have a crystal ball neither do I, so it is hard to say what would have happened if Haruto and Nanami had started dating. Nanami was honest with herself, she knew she couldn't handle to date Haruto and come second in his eyes, like he was doing. Also, very few girls would be confortable dating a guy that is living with non related girl. Nanami knew what she was able to handle and thus backed up. She knew Haruto had feelings for Eba and that was enough for her to step down.
So why is she trying to come between them now? Actually Nanami was the first in his eyes or else he would've confessed to Eba and maybe Nanami was honest but I think she was just playing it safe and is now regretting it because she just didnt give it her best-shot. Kotone could move on because she knew that she atleast tried. Remember Honoka from Suzuka? She was in much the same position as Nanami but she fought for Yamato's heart and didnt give in easily and that's why she didnt have regrets
Old 2009-10-29, 13:29   Link #1507
golthin

Quote:
So why is she trying to come between them now? Actually Nanami was the first in his eyes or else he would've confessed to Eba and maybe Nanami was honest but I think she was just playing it safe and is now regretting it because she just didnt give it her best-shot. Kotone could move on because she knew that she atleast tried. Remember Honoka from Suzuka? She was in much the same position as Nanami but she fought for Yamato's heart and didnt give in easily and that's why she didnt have regrets
like you said regrets, she might think that now she has a chance with Eba in Tokyo. the main problem for her was that Eba was living with Haruto and Eba was his first priority over her.
Come on, how would you feel if your girlfriend drop you on a date because a male friend called and needed some help? Lets not say ONCE in a blue moon but in a frequent manner?
Old 2009-10-29, 15:40   Link #1508
Dark Mage

Quote:
like you said regrets, she might think that now she has a chance with Eba in Tokyo. the main problem for her was that Eba was living with Haruto and Eba was his first priority over her.
Come on, how would you feel if your girlfriend drop you on a date because a male friend called and needed some help? Lets not say ONCE in a blue moon but in a frequent manner?

The thing is, she wasnt his girlfriend yet and if it was my girlfriend if I didnt feel comfortable with her getting too close to other guys I would tell her that. But now Eba is Haruto's GIRLFRIEND. And like I said it didnt stop Honoka from Suzuka taking a shot at Yamato, even if they lived in the same apartment. Infact Yamato clearly loved Suzuka but Honoka didnt back down while in this manga, it was clear that Haruto loved Nanami as he confessed but his nature of feelings for Eba were still unclear and the only advantage Eba had over Nanami was, she stayed in the same house and that's it. Nanami just didnt want to take a risk and everybody knows "no risk no gain" . The best example of this is Eba, she knew that she was taking a risk by getting into a long-distance relationship with Haruto despite the fact that it might not work out and that Haruto might change his heart and go after Nanami again while Eba was away and Eba wasnt comfortable with it so she said it out loud to Haruto and asked him "what will happen if he started liking Nanami again?" and Haruto promised to be true to her and so Eba risked/took a chance to see if they could make things work out somehow, whether or not it will work out still remains to be seen but Eba can say that "atleast I tried my best and hence I have no regrets"
Old 2009-10-29, 18:37   Link #1509
golthin

Quote:
The thing is, she wasnt his girlfriend yet and if it was my girlfriend if I didnt feel comfortable with her getting too close to other guys I would tell her that. But now Eba is Haruto's GIRLFRIEND. And like I said it didnt stop Honoka from Suzuka taking a shot at Yamato, even if they lived in the same apartment. Infact Yamato clearly loved Suzuka but Honoka didnt back down while in this manga, it was clear that Haruto loved Nanami as he confessed but his nature of feelings for Eba were still unclear and the only advantage Eba had over Nanami was, she stayed in the same house and that's it. Nanami just didnt want to take a risk and everybody knows "no risk no gain" . The best example of this is Eba, she knew that she was taking a risk by getting into a long-distance relationship with Haruto despite the fact that it might not work out and that Haruto might change his heart and go after Nanami again while Eba was away and Eba wasnt comfortable with it so she said it out loud to Haruto and asked him "what will happen if he started liking Nanami again?" and Haruto promised to be true to her and so Eba risked/took a chance to see if they could make things work out somehow, whether or not it will work out still remains to be seen but Eba can say that "atleast I tried my best and hence I have no regrets"
well, it is Eba's turn to get a dose of what Nanami got. Lets see if Eba can handle it.
Old 2009-10-29, 23:56   Link #1510
Dark Mage

Quote:
well, it is Eba's turn to get a dose of what Nanami got. Lets see if Eba can handle it.
I believe she can and even if she doesnt no harm done as. like I said that she already took risk after getting into a relationship with him, and had already taken the fact that Haruto's heart may change and he might once again turn towards Nanami. If it doesnt work out Eba can say that atleast she tried and took a chance
Old 2009-10-30, 01:20   Link #1511
mammothb

Quote:
The thing is, she wasnt his girlfriend yet ...... But now Eba is Haruto's GIRLFRIEND. And like I said it didnt stop Honoka from Suzuka taking a shot at Yamato, even if they lived in the same apartment. Infact Yamato clearly loved Suzuka but Honoka didnt back down while in this manga, it was clear that Haruto loved Nanami as he confessed but his nature of feelings for Eba were still unclear and the only advantage Eba had over Nanami was, she stayed in the same house and that's it. Nanami just didnt want to take a risk ......
uhm i think there is a difference between living in the same apartment like in suzuka and living in the same house like in KNIM? though there is a hole in the wall in suzuka, technically they are still no living together? so there is more intimacy in KNIM and that made nanami more uneasy? but then i have to agree that nanami is just scared of taking risks, like wat rin said, using haruto as a safety net. so i don think that nanami deserve to be with haruto given that she wasn't willing to go through any hardship(or take risks) to make the relationship work, unlike haruto x eba who worked so hard.

oh btw, i think honoka tried to get close to yamato when yamato isn't suzuka's boyfriend? instead of nanami trying to be the third party?
Old 2009-10-30, 01:38   Link #1512
ShootingStars

Love is just all about who came first or whatever. If Nanami regrets and wants to take a chance for Haruto while he has EBA as girlfriend, it is STILL FAIR. Although it most likely to fail, taking a chance to on someone even when they have a BF/GF is still fair, as all is fair in love and war. If Haruto loves EBA he will reject her approaches. If he has feelings for Nanami he won't. It is that simple. Although, if he is indecisive like Manaka in Ichigo 100%, we'll be seeing him two, maybe three-timing other girls while dating one. Manaka was dating N. while clearly giving gifts and getting close with the other girls.

Have you seen Peach Girl? The girl had the perfect boyfriend, then the other guy calls her up and it is a situation of life a death. Guess who she chooses... I hope that Nanami finally becomes more confident in herself so that she can form a relationship with Haruto. I hope that that Seo will cause a havoc.

Who cares if Nanami was weak-willed and all the other junk before. What matters is now, and if she has the willingness to change.

Last edited by ShootingStars; 2009-10-30 at 01:58.
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 02:47   Link #1513
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
Love is just all about who came first or whatever. If Nanami regrets and wants to take a chance for Haruto while he has EBA as girlfriend, it is STILL FAIR. Although it most likely to fail, taking a chance to on someone even when they have a BF/GF is still fair, as all is fair in love and war. If Haruto loves EBA he will reject her approaches. If he has feelings for Nanami he won't. It is that simple. Although, if he is indecisive like Manaka in Ichigo 100%, we'll be seeing him two, maybe three-timing other girls while dating one. Manaka was dating N. while clearly giving gifts and getting close with the other girls.

Have you seen Peach Girl? The girl had the perfect boyfriend, then the other guy calls her up and it is a situation of life a death. Guess who she chooses... I hope that Nanami finally becomes more confident in herself so that she can form a relationship with Haruto. I hope that that Seo will cause a havoc.

Who cares if Nanami was weak-willed and all the other junk before. What matters is now, and if she has the willingness to change.
Oh you say its fair? To willingly come inbetween some other people 's love when she was the one who threw it away? What does it make Nanami? I see her as a conniving little girl.
Old 2009-10-30, 05:56   Link #1514
mammothb

probably fair from nanami's POV, usually 3rd parties are frowned upon. and since u said love is just all about who ever came first then eba did, didn't she? she was the first to become haruto's girlfriend (:
Old 2009-10-30, 06:48   Link #1515
ShootingStars

Quote:
Oh you say its fair? To willingly come inbetween some other people 's love when she was the one who threw it away? What does it make Nanami? I see her as a conniving little girl.
Yeah man. If she is feeling something now its better to do it now... before marriage. All Haruto has to do is reject her properly, and she will stop. If he doesn't... we'll know he has some feelings for her... and that he does not FULLY love EBA enough to reject. That he is just a "boyfriend" or whatever status.
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 07:20   Link #1516
mammothb

probably when she confessed, then something happened to eba gain, and haruto rushes off to eba, and nanami finally realise that she will forever only be second place at best in haruto's heart
Old 2009-10-30, 12:48   Link #1517
jomblo07

for some reason, i think eba won't be able to handle it, imo eba is a little bit selfish....

if we compare her to nanami....
jomblo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 13:25   Link #1518
Johnny
Working the bags...

They both are selfish, but I'd have to say Nanami is far more selfish. She even admitted it herself in an earlier chapter. Whether she's doing this out of spite whose to say, but from her looks she might be. This is going to be a train wreck, can't wait...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 14:31   Link #1519
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomblo07 View Post
for some reason, i think eba won't be able to handle it, imo eba is a little bit selfish....

if we compare her to nanami....
Dude! Eba is no way as selfish as Nanami, she was prepared to give up on Haruto and support him while he persued Nanami.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:49   Link #1520
justavisitor

Hold on guys...Nanami just asks Haruto for a favour at the end...is it too early to say that Nanami is prepared to steal Haruto back ??

As for whether Nanami is selfish or not, frankly I don't know...it's not nice to try to destroy other's relationship, but well, everything is fair in the war, especially when one thinks he/she finds the destined one As long as Nanami doesn't use the trick such as intentionally lying, twisting words etc...and we shall see XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life