Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 05:09   Link #2981
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I'm surprised that no military forces have attempted an ovious cleanup technique: Set off a small series of explosions that produce a great deal of sound without much actual destructive force within a small area. Wait a certain length of time for "them" to stumble into the area to investigate. One of the biggest problems with "them" is that "they" don't die easily or quickly, allowing the number of potential sources of infection to increase exponentially with little hope of there eventually being too few living sources. Killing them gets rid of the potential contagion, but can take a while. If one uses their reaction to sound to make them clump together, then it will be far easier to use bombs, flamethrowers or other large weapons to take out several thousand at a time. As an added benefit, the explosion used to kill produces yet more sound, possibly attracting even more of them. Only thing is there'd have to be a loudspeaker or something coming from the same direction warning normal people to steer clear.
The other people (especially the military forces) probably still do not know that "sound" attracts "them" since the main character "Saya" was the only one we have seen so far that has actually studied on that fact. So it would still be mindless officers shooting at zombies till they eventually find out.
Old 2010-08-16, 05:12   Link #2982
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for NSFW Ep.7:

Spoiler for Ep.7:

Last edited by Green²; 2010-08-16 at 08:16.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:15   Link #2983
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

A quote for a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Not quite the same I think. It's still not a loli thing, though everyone knows they chose to insert a girl instead of a boy for that reason. It's just a combination of multiple instincts. There's a strong instinct to protect those smaller and youonger than you, and there's also a certain instinct to protect girls in particular, partially due to the still-present impression that average girls can't defend themselves the way boys can. I'm not saying the impression has any basis, but there's still an instinct for men to be attracted to women they want to protect, and for girls to be seen as more nonviolent, leading to a tendency to view girls as more defenseless. Thus, the end result might not have been the same in this situation. At the least, the fact that the kid was a cute little girl helped.
Quote:
I dont think its the loli effect here.. its human nature, really. Older peoples are capable to think and save themselves.. kids on the other hand. You'll throw a little boy in Alice's shoes and the end result will be the same. They do what every other sane human will. Save poor kids.
If the boy is as terrified as Alice I think our heroes would also rescue him.
Old 2010-08-16, 05:22   Link #2984
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If the boy is as terrified as Alice I think our heroes would also rescue him.
I think they rescued her because they saw what just happened to her, I mean even if I could turn my back on someone helpless if I had just witnessed their father killed before their eyes I would also feel an obligation to save them.

I wonder why them wasn't attracted by the sound of Hirano's sniper I mean snipers are supposed to be loud.

I'm also surprised that Saeko decided to make such an obvious sexy apron pose on top that humvee as if she intends to draw the zombies to her using her sexiness

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:27   Link #2985
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I think they rescued her because they saw what just happened to her, I mean even if I could turn my back on someone helpless if I had just witnessed their father killed before their eyes I would also feel an obligation to save them.
That is actually the first comment I have read from you that actually involves wanting to "save" someone .

Quote:
I wonder why them wasn't attracted by the sound of Hirano's sniper I mean snipers are supposed to be loud.
Probably to busy trying to gang-up on Takashi

Quote:
I'm also surprised that Saeko decided to make such an obvious sexy apron pose on top that humvee as if she intends to draw the zombies to her using her sexiness
Well if the Zombies wernt blind, they would have eventually died from the overall sexy appearance of Saeko (Fan-Service can kill one that looks at it to deeply)
Old 2010-08-16, 05:30   Link #2986
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Spoiler for NSFW Ep.7:
I could watch that for hours...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:30   Link #2987
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW Ep.7:
Now that's what i'm talking about.
Old 2010-08-16, 05:44   Link #2988
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

We Are Still Human

Can we blame a terrified family for stabbing Alice’s father?

Perhaps we should. All the two of them ever wanted was some sort of safe haven. Hell he even wanted them to at least take her daughter. He was prepared to do what was necessary for her even if it meant separation. Does the desire to live and survive with your fellow man justify killing him? In a way it doesn’t. He was still alive, he wasn’t a zombie and he wasn’t a direct threat to them. Yet, in their intense fear where all rationale is lost to overwhelming emotion, they stabbed him in fear for their lives. Honestly, it was a father and child seeking shelter, nothing more. Perhaps really, fear and the desire to live could come at the cost of your own humanity.

Likewise, perhaps we shouldn’t. The family inside obviously cared to keep each other safe and they probably knew that letting people in would be a big risk, especially if they couldn’t take care of each other and the zombies they would all attract. They had to make a choice: keep themselves safe inside, or risk everyone’s safety to help someone else. He had to make a crunch time call, and while stabbing Alice’s father may not have been the best decision to make, he did what he had to do. Murder is never a good thing, but sometimes you do what you must.

In reality which option is best to take is really up to you. No one can truly blame you for what you choose, yet in the end only your conscience will be the final arbiter after the fact.

For most of the series so far we’ve pretty much bared witness to the moral and social collapse of human civilization. You’ve got punks roaming the streets and doing what they want, the police willing to kill troublemakers to maintain order, rapists looking for victims to feed their freed inhibitions and opportunists pushing others into the meat grinder to satisfy their own egos in a new world order. There are times when you have to question just who the monsters are in the post-apocalypse: the undead operating purely on base instinct or the living consciously shoving everyone else aside. Monstrosity comes in two forms: those who are turned into it and those who choose to become it.

As Rei so aptly puts it: “We’re still human.”

There are those who still believe that, even if you can’t save everybody, you should give your all in saving those who you can. The cast realizes that surviving doesn’t mean you must become unfeeling and uncaring to those not in your immediate area of responsibility. Surviving entails doing what you must for yourself, yet never forgetting that there are also other people in your shoes. Altruism is probably the best term to describe it. There are times that you simply cannot turn a blind eye to the suffering of others.

The only way for humanity to survive the end of the world, then, is too also never forget own their humanity.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:47   Link #2989
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@-Cub-Sama - see KiNa's quote that's the best answer for that gender wise.

What happen! I can't give cookies....

Also poor girl
Old 2010-08-16, 06:06   Link #2990
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Somehow the fanservice in this episode was even better than in the last one. So...much... bouncing....

Also,

Spoiler for NSFW:

Fanservice aside, the rest of the episode was also very good. The action was as over the top as ever, but I'm used to it by now. In fact, I like it. Hirano proves he's the best male character in the series, I was very pleased he was the one who decided to save the loli first. That's right, you can let men and women die, but if you abandon lolis, you are just scum.

Alice needing to pee was a bit random though...
Old 2010-08-16, 06:11   Link #2991
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This thread needs more Ep7 badassery

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-08-16, 06:11   Link #2992
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Mother of god... As ridiculous as it would be, I wish she'd remain in this outfit for the rest of the series.
If there is a HOTD game and we can change the characters outfits then your wish comes true and so thus mine.

Tagteam Hirano and Saeko.
Spoiler for Lucky Hirano:

It's not the ceiling it's breast.

Edit:

Saya, Rei x Hirano
Spoiler for LUCKY GUY!!!!!!!!:

No I don't wanna escape this boob chains around my face.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-08-16 at 06:25.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 06:42   Link #2993
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Very lucky guy indeed.

Spoiler for NSFW...?:
Old 2010-08-16, 06:45   Link #2994
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That is so wrong in so many ways and almost wholly inappropriate.
Old 2010-08-16, 07:03   Link #2995
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
That is so wrong in so many ways and almost wholly inappropriate.
Yea.. I felt sorry for the dog there
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 07:03   Link #2996
Qikz

I think the reason why they didn't save that guy, is he got himself killed by trying to shotgun everything, rather than running to safety he was fighting a fight he would of never won.

If I was him, one shell in my shotgun I probably would of shot myself, dying fully is better than becoming one of them any day.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 07:04   Link #2997
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^Very lucky guy indeed.

Spoiler for NSFW...?:
Even the dog is getting in the action! WOW!!! Hirano you really are a girl magnet! This episode proves it! He's the man!!!

This will spawn possible Hirano x Alice hdoujins! XD
Old 2010-08-16, 07:48   Link #2998
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
We Are Still Human

Can we blame a terrified family for stabbing Alice’s father?

Perhaps we should. All the two of them ever wanted was some sort of safe haven. Hell he even wanted them to at least take her daughter. He was prepared to do what was necessary for her even if it meant separation. Does the desire to live and survive with your fellow man justify killing him? In a way it doesn’t. He was still alive, he wasn’t a zombie and he wasn’t a direct threat to them. Yet, in their intense fear where all rationale is lost to overwhelming emotion, they stabbed him in fear for their lives. Honestly, it was a father and child seeking shelter, nothing more. Perhaps really, fear and the desire to live could come at the cost of your own humanity.

Likewise, perhaps we shouldn’t. The family inside obviously cared to keep each other safe and they probably knew that letting people in would be a big risk, especially if they couldn’t take care of each other and the zombies they would all attract. They had to make a choice: keep themselves safe inside, or risk everyone’s safety to help someone else. He had to make a crunch time call, and while stabbing Alice’s father may not have been the best decision to make, he did what he had to do. Murder is never a good thing, but sometimes you do what you must.

In reality which option is best to take is really up to you. No one can truly blame you for what you choose, yet in the end only your conscience will be the final arbiter after the fact.

For most of the series so far we’ve pretty much bared witness to the moral and social collapse of human civilization. You’ve got punks roaming the streets and doing what they want, the police willing to kill troublemakers to maintain order, rapists looking for victims to feed their freed inhibitions and opportunists pushing others into the meat grinder to satisfy their own egos in a new world order. There are times when you have to question just who the monsters are in the post-apocalypse: the undead operating purely on base instinct or the living consciously shoving everyone else aside. Monstrosity comes in two forms: those who are turned into it and those who choose to become it.

As Rei so aptly puts it: “We’re still human.”

There are those who still believe that, even if you can’t save everybody, you should give your all in saving those who you can. The cast realizes that surviving doesn’t mean you must become unfeeling and uncaring to those not in your immediate area of responsibility. Surviving entails doing what you must for yourself, yet never forgetting that there are also other people in your shoes. Altruism is probably the best term to describe it. There are times that you simply cannot turn a blind eye to the suffering of others.

The only way for humanity to survive the end of the world, then, is too also never forget own their humanity.
to err is human after all... no matter how great the err is. it is the instinct that drives us to do that. imagine there are two burning roads in front of you and you are in a crossroad. you know you have to take one of them but the price is that you will still get hurt by the flames. you cant say that in a time like this that its only survival of the fittest or who is weak shall be left behind... rei was right... they are still human. the greatest of disasters draws out the ugliness of human nature, and we cannot help but still wade into it.
Old 2010-08-16, 07:57   Link #2999
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW Ep.7:
This is scene i have been waiting for even more so than the apron scene. Cant wait to watch the episode iv had my eyes set on a certain avatar and i just had to wait for this episode to air.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 08:24   Link #3000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was a bit bored so I made a few gifs.

Feebies:

Spoiler for Gifs (mostly boin boin stuff):

Spoiler for And a stitch (NSFW):

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse