Old 2014-07-26, 22:06   Link #381
bakato

Kyouya say it ain't so!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 07:34   Link #382
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Just finished volume 3.

I...dislike this series. It runs along the same lines as many other action LNs, sure, and that's fine and all -- fun battles, mysteries, character interplays and all that -- but, there's an exceptionally annoying element running through it.

The author hates happiness. And leaders of organizations, apparently. Every single one of the "leaders" and antagonists is a flamboyant psychopath, sad things happen because they're evuuuul, and then they get away with it because "drama lol fuk u."

Is it going to continue along these lines going forward?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 08:00   Link #383
krytyk
幻想生物

Fifth volume is the longest one, with 375 pages as compared to standard 305-315, also probably the darkest, though vol 7 could give it a run for its money.
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 08:27   Link #384
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Just finished volume 3.

I...dislike this series. It runs along the same lines as many other action LNs, sure, and that's fine and all -- fun battles, mysteries, character interplays and all that -- but, there's an exceptionally annoying element running through it.

The author hates happiness. And leaders of organizations, apparently. Every single one of the "leaders" and antagonists is a flamboyant psychopath, sad things happen because they're evuuuul, and then they get away with it because "drama lol fuk u."

This is a dark series. Of course there would be a lacking of happiness and evil conspiracies everywhere. Remember how many innocent civilians in volume 1 are slaughtered or the students in vol 2 ?I'd put series in the same league of Black Bullet for its theme. If you're uncomfortable with this kind of series, I suggest you should quit it, from what I've read, it will only get uglier from here. You could try stuff like Hundred or Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance or Gakusen Toshi Asterisk for some lighter and tamer atmosphere.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 09:56   Link #385
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Fifth volume is the longest one, with 375 pages as compared to standard 305-315, also probably the darkest, though vol 7 could give it a run for its money.
then again, the story is heading toward good end at the end of volume, the author's writing style remind me of Kagami, kind of resemblance and much less twisted.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 11:03   Link #386
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
then again, the story is heading toward good end at the end of volume, the author's writing style remind me of Kagami, kind of resemblance and much less twisted.
Good end? Don't think that's the case. Nothing is resolved and Kusanagi is dropped further down the unknown... and also despair.

Not gonna write any more otherwise I'll spoil.
Old 2014-07-31, 11:08   Link #387
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Just finished volume 3.

Old 2014-07-31, 11:13   Link #388
whitecloud

at least..at least...he is not suffering like black bullet MC right..right...?
Old 2014-07-31, 11:16   Link #389
kirayamato90

Care to put us the non Japanese readers some spoiler?
kirayamato90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 11:22   Link #390
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
at least..at least...he is not suffering like black bullet MC right..right...?
..............Um, actually I think its worse. BB's main thing is his concern for other people, as I recall. Like the deal with his partner and his girlfriends revenge quest.

This guy is only alive because of a contract controlled by a psychotic maniac, his little sister is apparently a witch of destruction or some shit, and everyone around him keeps getting killed in horrible ways.

BB focuses on psychological pain, like guilt or fear or hate and how it affects the characters and those around them. AMC focuses on the horrific traumas caused by surviving in this world as well as trying to deal with the physical horrors involved in fighting this kind of war. It's kind of like BB without the monoliths keeping the Gastrea out.
Old 2014-07-31, 11:28   Link #391
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirayamato90 View Post
Care to put us the non Japanese readers some spoiler?
Knowing how AS community (a lot of spoiler sharks) is I'm probably seen as the worst kind of bastard for not spoiling, however I do not spoil. Moreover I do not know the details myself. I know the development more or less because I skim through the future volumes (check what happens roughly), however the actual thorough read I do is when I translate.

As such, not only I try not to spoil other readers, but also myself. The book should be enjoyed together with all of its volume rather than shortened to few facts written out in 10 lines.

I did spoil in this topic a few most urgent questions readers might have, but I'm not going to go any further than that. The spoilers I released before are:
Spoiler:

Last edited by krytyk; 2014-07-31 at 19:29.
Old 2014-07-31, 20:54   Link #392
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Good end? Don't think that's the case. Nothing is resolved and Kusanagi is dropped further down the unknown... and also despair.

Not gonna write any more otherwise I'll spoil.
i'd still say that in the end the problem was somewhat deal with, while it is true that Kusanagi is target of constant despair, however, his situation is still somewhat resolve at each volume compare to Rentaro of BB which literally everyone who he have contact with and even being main cast didn't help them avoid death flag or Ryner who is betrayed, discriminated and live in a literally kill fest.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:19   Link #393
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I have to sign out, then.

Won't bother this thread anymore -- visits are fine but long term stays are for fans. Don't wanna make myself a nuisance like the people over at the Nisekoi thread.

So response to the kind people's answers will be in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler for not a spoiler:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 10:15   Link #394
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

What did Kusanagi do to Tyrving? I sort of hope that Lapis have the ability to absorb others Sword Magical Heritage kind, making her able to transform in to those magical sword she absorbed

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:58   Link #395
krytyk
幻想生物

Thought I'd write on the Antimagic's tl current status.

It's going to be next TL'd project, currently I'm going to catch up with work a bit and when I'm ready I'll start the TL'ing marathon. Meanwhile don't despair or be surprised if I do some of the imouto series (the chapters of that one are 10 pages long so I can do them while I'm resting my eyes from work).

Anyway, chapter titles are up, once I start TL'ing I'll bulldoze through it like I always do~. Before then, have patience.
Old 2014-08-12, 06:45   Link #396
Breimoon

Thank you very much for both series
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 07:08   Link #397
whitecloud

Thank you very much....umm...just curious between this guy and rentarou (black bullet) who do you think is more pitiful?

Kusanagi as far as i read even though his life is inthe hand of psycho bastard from 9th circa of hell at least has salvation in form of his merry friend that is very supporting and not against the idea of becoming his harem i guess..while rentarou pretty much in the situation of "damn if i do, damn if i dont " with kisara and her revenge quest, plus death looming quickly on enju and the other, plus betrayal and every other shit according to spoiler
Old 2014-08-12, 07:21   Link #398
krytyk
幻想生物

Hmm, Kusanagi indeed is quite pitiful up to volume 5 ending and doesn't have much field to maneuver and can only go with the flow. However it changes after volume 5, starting volume 6 one can say that he has a clear goal in his mind and determination.

The major difference between black bullet and antimagic is that in antimagic main characters (the ones the side of justice) don't die, author doesn't kill or have any of the main girls go through really gruesome experiences and compensates for it with flashbacks (Ouka had one, then Mari had one, so did Ikaruga and Usagi).
Old 2014-08-12, 14:58   Link #399
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Thanks for the news Krytyk. This volume seems to be awesome, especially chapter 6 "Power of a Godslayer". chills~

Hang in there imouto!! Even if not in this volume, onii-chan is going to save you!!!!!
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 17:01   Link #400
senjiro
ecchi sage

I dont want, i dont want,but i guess this series is done for me... a little dark dont mind, but when you enter in NTR, slaughters once again, and for the worst his imouto is almost die ....

I tried with this and BB and mokirisu alice.. and i notice this type of LN is not for me...,
I was hoping things going better even a litle, seing things going worse ..! Sniffff...
go usagi-chan....
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fujimi shobo, harem, light novel