AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 12:05   Link #3001
Jirachier

Guys, I just reached the middle of vol8 and every time Rudeus fights all he does is use the damn rock bullet, can someone tell if if I'm gonna get to see him do anything different ? It's really annoying when he's supposedly proficient in all kinds of magics and has higher level spells..
Old 2014-08-15, 12:27   Link #3002
VooXoo

He will continue to use that for a while, his favourite magic is earth type, doesn't cost much MP, easy and fast to model, reliable on the battlefield.
Is like he have a invisible loaded anti-tank railgun always near him after all.
He use fire magic more for making travels easier or a room more comfortable (manipulates heat), there is even the fact a fireball probably requires much control and the smoke on impact make the enemy hard to see for a while.
He tried his hand with wind magic and flying but seems risky and it requires much focus so he don't use it much (I don't know if electricity magic is advanced wind magic or a separated set like gravity), seems like he doesn't like using wind blades, maybe wind is not very powerful.
He used water magic for a while but seems like his favourite remains heart, ice bullets are probably less powerful (fragility) but he can actually freeze some enemies like if dropped liquid nitrogen on them.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 12:33   Link #3003
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Guys, I just reached the middle of vol8 and every time Rudeus fights all he does is use the damn rock bullet, can someone tell if if I'm gonna get to see him do anything different ? It's really annoying when he's supposedly proficient in all kinds of magics and has higher level spells..
Have you ever played a 2D RPG?

Know how you always pick the most minimal and fastest skill to use on mobs over and over just to get rid of the small fry faster after you fight them for the 999th time?

Rudeus does the same thing.

If my level 1 fireball owns everything in 1 shot for 5 mana a pop there's no reason to use anything else.
Old 2014-08-15, 12:39   Link #3004
Jirachier

Except even against the demon lord he uses his rock bullet thingy and considers it his strongest move, I mean come on. It's really boring to read the fights when all he does is the same thing "i make rock bullet and i shoot it". What about making earth barriers to defend against things, or use wind to move quickly, he's not even using Advanced level earth magic. What's the point in being Saint class
Old 2014-08-15, 12:42   Link #3005
Breimoon

A question. The reason he didnt use rock attacks against hydra is because he didnt want to risk hitting his mother behind hydra??Cause even if it absorbs mana as long as he shot it from a safe distance now it is just a physical phenomenon.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 13:01   Link #3006
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I decided to read Eris SS to get a better understand of her power level, but I sort of got confuse as what level she at in Water God Style? I know when she left the Holy Land of Swords, she was entitled king in Sword God Style, a Saint in North God Style and unknown in Water God Style.
Did she really didn't learn any techniques of Water God Style other then how to counter Water God Style?
What about in the later chapter, when Rudeus decided to powerup himself with the help from Orsted, did Eris also level with his help?

Also I remember read in spoiler that the Sword God gave Eris one of his sword and something else but when I read the chapter nothing else was stated other then his sword was given.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 13:02   Link #3007
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
A question. The reason he didnt use rock attacks against hydra is because he didn't want to risk hitting his mother behind hydra??Cause even if it absorbs mana as long as he shot it from a safe distance now it is just a physical phenomenon.
Think of it as matter energy conversion. A just created rock bullet is still unstable and not completely "solid" after it is made thus the hydra is able to nullify the mana that made it and cause it to lose form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I decided to read Eris SS to get a better understand of her power level, but I sort of got confuse as what level she at in Water God Style? I know when she left the Holy Land of Swords, she was entitled king in Sword God Style, a Saint in North God Style and unknown in Water God Style.
Did she really didn't learn any techniques of Water God Style other then how to counter Water God Style?
What about in the later chapter, when Rudeus decided to powerup himself with the help from Orsted, did Eris also level with his help?

Also I remember read in spoiler that the Sword God gave Eris one of his sword and something else but when I read the chapter nothing else was stated other then his sword was given.
Eris does not have the right disposition to use the Water God style hence she never learned any techniques she mainly spared against Isolte to gain experince in fighting against the Water God style.
Read chapter 163 for info about the sword.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 13:34   Link #3008
MxBurn

i know Rudeus looses his hand in 126 does he get it back? and when?
MxBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:34   Link #3009
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
A question. The reason he didnt use rock attacks against hydra is because he didnt want to risk hitting his mother behind hydra??Cause even if it absorbs mana as long as he shot it from a safe distance now it is just a physical phenomenon.
The hydra is unique breed called Manatite Hydra, its skin is made of magic stone that absorbs magic power, giving it effective long range magic invincibility to all types.

Magic only works at zero range.

Technically I think it would only work if touching it (in which case its sharkskin would tear off your hand), but since they're cutting off the heads first, the fire then works from a bit more distance than zero on the cut skin.

@Jiracher, normal mages in this world have cast times starting from five seconds going up to 30, 60, or even longer seconds just for a single spell. Rudeus is already absurdly strong just by having the capability of simultaneous casting + chantless let alone his mana pool. The techniques to make use of natural elements to improve physical capability don't exist in that world. Generally swordsmen are seen as much stronger than mages because of their use of touki for improved physical capability whereas mages have the cast time and chantless casting is basically a forgotten art. Magic is basically only seen as AoE high damage casters.

Human bodies aren't like leaves that you can just send flying with wind to speed up movements. If you do it careless you end up breaking things easily, like Rudeus does in his flying attempts normal mages wouldn't even dare try what he did because it is basically impossible to cast magic for the landing while falling.

There are some improvements he does in magic, lightning strike, rock bullet shot gun, magic armor, but those all happen mostly at once and they're so powerful he generally still just makes use of the rocket bullet or lightning after. This happens in volume 14-16.+

Last edited by Kaito Yamakage; 2014-08-15 at 14:45.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:51   Link #3010
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
I do not think this is true. While it is true the some of the apostles of Hitogami are of the Emperor and God rank in terms of power that does not mean that ALL of those at that rank are apostles.
Spoiler for v18 ch12:
Quote:
Spoiler for Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:18   Link #3011
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Remember Hitogami apparently has great influence on people of that world and while it might not be on the level of mind control it's at least on the level of high persuasion or giving them a push to do what he wants. ex. He asks someone to do X, Y or Z but he imply that he wants them to do Z. As long as Z does not completely go against the nature or ideals of the person in question they will pick Z. In Reyda case an impossible command to follow would be an order to give up the sword.
Old 2014-08-15, 15:31   Link #3012
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
The hydra is unique breed called Manatite Hydra, its skin is made of magic stone that absorbs magic power, giving it effective long range magic invincibility to all types.

Magic only works at zero range.

Technically I think it would only work if touching it (in which case its sharkskin would tear off your hand), but since they're cutting off the heads first, the fire then works from a bit more distance than zero on the cut skin.

@Jiracher, normal mages in this world have cast times starting from five seconds going up to 30, 60, or even longer seconds just for a single spell. Rudeus is already absurdly strong just by having the capability of simultaneous casting + chantless let alone his mana pool. The techniques to make use of natural elements to improve physical capability don't exist in that world. Generally swordsmen are seen as much stronger than mages because of their use of touki for improved physical capability whereas mages have the cast time and chantless casting is basically a forgotten art. Magic is basically only seen as AoE high damage casters.

Human bodies aren't like leaves that you can just send flying with wind to speed up movements. If you do it careless you end up breaking things easily, like Rudeus does in his flying attempts normal mages wouldn't even dare try what he did because it is basically impossible to cast magic for the landing while falling.

There are some improvements he does in magic, lightning strike, rock bullet shot gun, magic armor, but those all happen mostly at once and they're so powerful he generally still just makes use of the rocket bullet or lightning after. This happens in volume 14-16.+
Thanks for the response, however it's really weird that magicians can't enhance their physical abilities with magic, and 99.99% of them can't even use chantless incantation, I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to become a magician(Rudeus is an exception because he has chantless).
Also I'm not saying he should enhance his actual body, but use magic in more versatile ways, when he is being attacked he should be able to put up barriers like i said before, use spells from different systems and rank depending on the situation, it's just really really boring to know that whenever he fights all we're gonna see him do is spam some rock bullets, what is the point in learning any other offensive attack if you will never use it.
When it comes to flying using magic, the reason Rudeus can't do it because it's super difficult and all is just an excuse from the author since he doesn't want him to have it, he wants Rudeus to spent months/years traveling around and having difficulties, if he had flying magic he'll be able to go anywhere he wants at a much faster pace while avoiding the people on the ground with whom he has these encounters. It's the same as to why our protagonist became a Saint Ranked magician in 2 volumes yet he doesn't go up by a single rank until vol14 or so, the author doesn't want him to become strong very quickly even though it really makes no sense for someone who reached such a level when he was 10 years old to not be able to get any higher for years afterwards.

by the way, what is this magic armor, is it an item powered by magic or is it something created entirely out of magic ?
Old 2014-08-15, 15:36   Link #3013
Trikr

Quote:
Except even against the demon lord he uses his rock bullet thingy and considers it his strongest move, I mean come on.... he's not even using Advanced level earth magic. What's the point in being Saint class
Later his "rock bullet" was revealed to be King or Emperor ranked earth non AoE spell, and his area freezing spell is known to Dragon God as Emperor ranked water spell. (High level elemental magic is combination of lower level spells)
Trikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:42   Link #3014
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikr View Post
Later his "rock bullet" was revealed to be King or Emperor ranked earth non AoE spell, and his area freezing spell is known to Dragon God as Emperor ranked water spell. (High level elemental magic is combination of lower level spells)
His rock bullet is only Emperor-level in power which is amazing but he doesn't actually have a true Emperor level earth magic. And the problem I'm talking about isn't just about what spells he has, it's the fact that he only uses ONE spell in every single fight, I want variety, not just strength.
Old 2014-08-15, 15:48   Link #3015
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Thanks for the response, however it's really weird that magicians can't enhance their physical abilities with magic, and 99.99% of them can't even use chantless incantation, I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to become a magician(Rudeus is an exception because he has chantless).
Also I'm not saying he should enhance his actual body, but use magic in more versatile ways, when he is being attacked he should be able to put up barriers like i said before, use spells from different systems and rank depending on the situation, it's just really really boring to know that whenever he fights all we're gonna see him do is spam some rock bullets, what is the point in learning any other offensive attack if you will never use it.
When it comes to flying using magic, the reason Rudeus can't do it because it's super difficult and all is just an excuse from the author since he doesn't want him to have it, he wants Rudeus to spent months/years traveling around and having difficulties, if he had flying magic he'll be able to go anywhere he wants at a much faster pace while avoiding the people on the ground with whom he has these encounters. It's the same as to why our protagonist became a Saint Ranked magician in 2 volumes yet he doesn't go up by a single rank until vol14 or so, the author doesn't want him to become strong very quickly even though it really makes no sense for someone who reached such a level when he was 10 years old to not be able to get any higher for years afterwards.

by the way, what is this magic armor, is it an item powered by magic or is it something created entirely out of magic ?
Why people want to become magicians?
Long ranged attackers, healers, support, etc. It was also said that experienced magicians are desired in adventure parties.

Why he uses rock bullet so much?
As mentioned a LOT of times... Its efficient, he's good at it, power can be compared to emperor class (which is normally limited to aoe spells), and accuracy (you aren't going to use a wide aoe spell on your own party/teamates/friends).

Flying magic - Even though Rudy could probably learn it, he doesn't know what situations he will get into and when he will need to use magic. Rudy had to rest for over a week to recover his magic supply after he fought with Orsted. Also why wouldn't he use teleportation circles, they are there for a reason.
Old 2014-08-15, 15:49   Link #3016
Breimoon

well he uses quagmire, fireballs, rock cannon, thunder thing(dont know much), frost nova(stronger than roxy's) , atomic bomb, a few water skills etc etc. He mainly uses rock cannon cause that is what he is most used to.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:55   Link #3017
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Remember Hitogami apparently has great influence on people of that world and while it might not be on the level of mind control it's at least on the level of high persuasion or giving them a push to do what he wants. ex. He asks someone to do X, Y or Z but he imply that he wants them to do Z. As long as Z does not completely go against the nature or ideals of the person in question they will pick Z. In Reyda case an impossible command to follow would be an order to give up the sword.
True, but now due to Reyda decision, even though Ariel will not destroy the dojo. No doubt the reputation of the Water God Style is damage and presence of Water God Style users in Asura will decrease due to Reyda's attack.

Either way, Ariel is going to have a lot of cleaning duty in the Asura Kingdom.

Quote:
His rock bullet is only Emperor-level in power which is amazing but he doesn't actually have a true Emperor level earth magic. And the problem I'm talking about isn't just about what spells he has, it's the fact that he only uses ONE spell in every single fight, I want variety, not just strength.
You know Rudeus, if there isn't a need, he is bound to not worry about it. Presently there is, and as well now in the future since the death of his Father nows shows him even if there isn't a need, keep learning it. He knows he has to advance his options of attacks to protect his family.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:56   Link #3018
Nihgthawk

The reason he mainly started spamming Rock Bullet as his go to magic is practicality.

Fire magic would burn the target and thus destroy the items you could harvest from the body, plus there is the added danger of setting the surroundings on fire as well.

Wind magic while fast does not have a lot of penetration power and up against opponents with even only mediocre defense it would take multiple hits to bring down.

While water magic using the ice attribute would be the same as a rock it's comparatively more fragile then solid rock and thus less durable, I think it also has a higher mana consumption rate when using ice but don't quote me on that. Also getting the target wet can make the collection of some items harder or less usable, for example; killing a trent with water magic would make the wood collected from the remains wet thus less desirable as fire wood.

Thus earth magic became the one he used the most because it was the most dependable in terms of power and collateral damage assessment.
Old 2014-08-15, 15:58   Link #3019
Trikr

Quote:
IIRC it was mentioned the standard bullet cannt be solidified, that's the trick that makes his version high-level magic. And well, it's just that his fighting strategy is similar to magic version of Sword God Style with its only one sole technique and preemptive one shot - one kill principle.
Trikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 16:05   Link #3020
Jirachier

Quote:
Why people want to become magicians?
Long ranged attackers, healers, support, etc. It was also said that experienced magicians are desired in adventure parties.
I can understand becoming a healer, but anyone who wants to be an adventurer and a fighter specifically, choosing to be an offensive magician seems like a really stupid idea, "Oh look a monster, I hope it will leave me for 30 seconds until my chant is completed".

Quote:
Why he uses rock bullet so much?
As mentioned a LOT of times... Its efficient, he's good at it, power can be compared to emperor class (which is normally limited to aoe spells), and accuracy (you aren't going to use a wide aoe spell on your own party/teamates/friends).
I get it, it's really strong but here is the deal, this is a Light Novel, you can't just write the same 100 times with only the opponent being different and except the readers to enjoy it, and I would argue that there were times when if he had different spells it would've worked better than Rock Bullet.

Quote:
Flying magic - Even though Rudy could probably learn it, he doesn't know what situations he will get into and when he will need to use magic. Rudy had to rest for over a week to recover his magic supply after he fought with Orsted. Also why wouldn't he use teleportation circles, they are there for a reason.
Aren't teleportation circles banned ?
And I don't remember anything about Rudy's magic supply after his fight with Orsted(if you're talking about the first fight when ofc he used a rock bullet), there was really no harm in learning it when he literally wasn't learning any other magic for from the time he became saint class until king class which was years.

Quote:
You know Rudeus, if there isn't a need, he is bound to not worry about it. Presently there is, and as well now in the future since the death of his Father nows shows him even if there isn't a need, keep learning it. He knows he has to advance his options of attacks to protect his family.
You would think that after he got one shoted by the dragon god the first time and almost died, he would try to become stronger.

Quote:
well he uses quagmire, fireballs, rock cannon, thunder thing(dont know much), frost nova(stronger than roxy's) , atomic bomb, a few water skills etc etc. He mainly uses rock cannon cause that is what he is most used to.
I am not denying that he must have many magics, it's just that he never uses them. If your answer is that rock bullet is really good and he doesn't need anything, then the author as the creator of this work, he should've came up with situations that required different spells.

Sorry to ask again, can someone please tell me what is the magic armor ?

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel