Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 04:11   Link #341
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Wasn't Fukuda one of the people they hadn't seen at the previous exams? In which case he (like the guy with the bobbing leg in Kenji's group) could easily be an agent provocateur inserted by JAXA to stir things up.

Maybe the alarm in Kenji's group is also a JAXA ploy to stir things up as well?

All psychological tests to find out who's most likely to cope with long space journeys.
No. If he really is an agent, then all that background story regarding his family and career will be useless.

I think that, the most logical answer is this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Spoiler:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:35   Link #342
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Old 2012-07-10, 22:01   Link #343
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My only disappointment with the show so far is that the new OP no longer makes me feel so damn moon every time I see it...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:01   Link #344
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
No. If he really is an agent, then all that background story regarding his family and career will be useless.

I think that, the most logical answer is this...
It does make me wonder though. Seems like they wanted to add this kind of test to add tension to each group. How could they know that the glasses would break? Seems more likely that they just passed this along during those mental state checks. Pretty isolated and should be easy to whisper a message across. Though does make me wonder. If they are going to rope people into doing this doesn't it mess up their objective in doing it in the first place. One person isn't going to be as stressed out because they know who did it and why.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:50   Link #345
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

that new OP is so retarded. Song sucks and that dance makes me autistic.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:20   Link #346
Kirarakim

I don't mind the new OP but Feel
So Moon was so much better.

I also preferred the first ending.
Old 2012-07-11, 11:43   Link #347
klare

evil Fukuda... maybe he was sleepwalking
Old 2012-07-11, 13:33   Link #348
Jimmy C

If you had watched Fourze a few months ago, you'd realize what's going on. I figured it out in the preview from the previous episode.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 17:21   Link #349
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
evil Fukuda... maybe he was sleepwalking
Here's my take on this, though someone's probably said it already...

I wouldn't be surprised if JAXA instructed him to break it, since it would be a good test for the other 4 peeps. But then that would mean Fukuda has already been selected (if there is no need to test his character) or he's a planted candidate, whose role is to cause trouble and flush out the others' weaknesses. We've already seen how his interactions brought out the kind side to Furuya and may reveal more with the broken clock incident.

Why do I think this is just part of a test? If we look at Team B, you'll notice that JAXA set up an annoying alarm to get the team on edge and see how they can solve the problem and perhaps see if they're willing to work together as a team, despite their ill-conceived point system. If this is on purpose (which it should be under such controlled testing environments), it's merely another test that should be bridged across teams, so it's totally possible.
Old 2012-07-11, 17:51   Link #350
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I don't mind the new OP but Feel
So Moon was so much better.

I also preferred the first ending.
Feel So Moon was the better song, but I prefer the new animation. I like that both this and Jinrui feel like the animators were inspired by the dance sequence in the Tsuritama OP.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 02:08   Link #351
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxorMG View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if JAXA instructed him to break it, since it would be a good test for the other 4 peeps. But then that would mean Fukuda has already been selected (if there is no need to test his character) or he's a planted candidate, whose role is to cause trouble and flush out the others' weaknesses. We've already seen how his interactions brought out the kind side to Furuya and may reveal more with the broken clock incident..
While that is certainly a possiblity, it doesn't explain why there was a need to explore his background where it showed the sacrifice he made about his own family life to get to this opportunity. Supposedly, he also quit his position with JAXA before applying for this position. Unless the information we've got about him are all a lie, the clock breaking has more to do with his own psychological make-up than anything else. To speculate further, considering he is the oldest member in the group, the window of opportunity is closing faster than other candidates who are much younger than him. In a sense, when the broken clock stopped telling time, the sense of time-flowing is also interrupted in an enclosed space where days and night can't be differentiated. That's a big deal for any normal human being. How the other react in light of this situation gives him a slight edge despite that he is falling behind as indicated in those tests. I still like your theory because if he believes he created an edge for himself by breaking the clock, then this guys needs some psychological help.... I mean, a sane Fukuda should know that the clock-breaking automatically fails him unless he is planted in there, or passed already, or finally into the road of insanity.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 11:41   Link #352
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see Fukuda being told to break the clock (or whoever in Group B was told to set off the alarm) meaning they've already been selected. They're being tested just like the others - the group dynamic still effects them, and there's the question of whether they're willing to follow seemingly illogical orders, and how they react psychologically when they're the only one on the team who knows an important piece of information.

I'm still guessing one candidate from each team was told to do something to shake up the dynamic, as part of the test. It's what makes the most sense.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:55   Link #353
Utsuro no Hako

So what could be cooler than having a real life astronaut on the show? Having one guest star from space.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:14   Link #354
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So what could be cooler than having a real life astronaut on the show? Having one guest star from space.
I just read that, and I have to agree that is quite monumentally cool.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:25   Link #355
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep16:
Old 2012-07-15, 00:31   Link #356
HandofFate

Episode 16 had a lot of cool moments and lines.

"You're 4 years younger than me, but you seem even more than that" badass.

For the white puzzle, did they have to work on it by themselves? I think it would have actually been completed if all 5 worked together on one puzzle, and complete them one after the other.

Serika's inner thoughts as always were entertaining.

I'm going with the theory, the people were instructed to ring the alarm to break the clock to stir up the group dynamics.

Monkey guy was probably instructed to ring the alarm, which is why he no longer cares who broke the clock since he now knows that someone else was probably instructed to do so.
Old 2012-07-15, 00:36   Link #357
Utsuro no Hako

One thing I don't get is how anyone in Kenji's group managed to destroy the clock -- there was somebody in the hall two nights in a row listening for the alarm, which would make it pretty much impossible to sneak out during the night.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:37   Link #358
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Kenji my man! He finally retaliated! But I sympathize for him and it sadden me, when he finally broke down and thought a lot about his daughter. The show did justice by bring up all the old clips from before regarding family stuff etc...

Seem the monkey was instructed to do the "alarm trick" on Mutta group. Seeing how the smart guy in Kenji group was the one who did it. Most importantly, Fukuda is "cleared" from being tag "old douche"!

What do you guys think about his responses to Mutta, if he can figure out the reason. Than he will shake Mutta hand? You think Fukuda knows that Mutta is confirm and he is not? Same with Monkey dude? Then again, the smart guy being pick as the person to do the "alarm trick" would make my theory inconsistent, because he is very smart and has not done anything distasteful.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:08   Link #359
ookamigirl

Everyone is still hung up about the broken clock thing.
Mutta confronted Fukuda about it, but didn't accomplish much.
Seems like each team had one member who did something to disrupt them.
It was probably on JAXA's orders to see how they'll cope with it.
Serika's cooking lead to food shortage.
This will be a serious problem..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:15   Link #360
HandofFate

While Serika had a habit of making too much food.
I wouldn't be surprised if the stock of food wasn't suppose to last the whole 2 weeks anyway.

Tags
science fiction, seinen