Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 00:37   Link #2381
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think it make the game more fun, at least for me. I'm just sick of running for specific boss to search for specific drop in D2.
Well now they all drop crap now. Though you can stack some valor and pray.

Quote:
And as aohige has said:

I have never joined any public game, as I only play alone or with my friends. My experience from various games tell me that public is the fine way to ruin your game these days.
I can't say the same, since I've played mostly public games all the way up to now in d3.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 01:16   Link #2382
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

For those who are grinding through the last bits of hell to get to lv60: get a -lvl requirement weapon. I sold a few 500 dps weapons with -lvl and I reckon they are probably better than most weapons in that entire difficulty.

Been farming Inf Act III for the whole weekend, its quite silly that I still get some lv52 items imo. My friends and I laughed at a 92dps blue I found in act 3.

Elites are supposed to be a lot tougher than bosses. Bosses are like... the icing on the cake: the reward for getting 5 stacks of NV: the loot pinata.

Those who are lv60 and have low dps, consider buying a 600+dps socketed 1 hander on AH (should be <100k now). Act 1 was tough when we first started because the market was not flooded with act 3/4 blues with 600+ dps.

Those who are still playing melee: consider rolling a ranged class. My DH has made me millions in just a few days: a lot more effective than farming on a barb/monk!

What is BS imo is that playing in grp makes fight harder imo. Act 3 is tolerable while solo (esp with tyrael), but in grps the act just becomes so much harder.

One friend of mine spent an hour farming inferno act 4 vases with a lot of MF: apparently that's a viable farming method.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 01:51   Link #2383
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Teleport + Fracture is great!
I now learned to use it at the start of every Champion battle. The copies are indestructible, and the enemy actually targets them unlike followers. It is simple to just put the copies inbetween me and the enemy to absorb projectiles. And with Illusionist, I can generally keep recasting them whenever I get hit. I do miss my Diamond Skin, but I can't live without teleports now. There is just no room on my skill tab.

I could theoretically swap out celestial orb, but still... I do need that damage sometimes.

p.s. With my Templar gone, I have started to use potions regularly. Strange, as I had been vendering them by the hundreds up until now.
Old 2012-06-05, 02:52   Link #2384
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well now they all drop crap now. Though you can stack some valor and pray.

I can't say the same, since I've played mostly public games all the way up to now in d3.
Well at least you can try asking some of asuki players here for a go in inferno...

Try public games during nightmare and the longest party ever form is for 45 minutes... Haiz...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 05:11   Link #2385
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So umm, I put a 350 dps weapon on my follower and he does 349 dps. Wtf?

Figured I'd have to find better dps to collect money faster, so bought a 700 dps/~100 dex and vit sword for 90k. It's a little faster so that helps a lot. So that gives... 11k dps. Just going to run to Leoric a few times since there's always enough time to stack 5 valors when I get to him. And yes I realize I should have picked a ranged class to start out with but shit happens. I forgot Blizzard's been fucking melee characters in the ass for the last 10 years (though people always managed to abuse something... in which they would keep fucking whatever they found (nerf) in the ass til they stopped caring) D2 always got away with crushing blow. Whoops, that's a thing of the past.

I'm having this issue when the vendor decides to be a jackass and not sell mythical health potions in inferno. What? It only happens randomly.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-05 at 05:22.
Old 2012-06-05, 05:32   Link #2386
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
So umm, I put a 350 dps weapon on my follower and he does 349 dps. Wtf?
For followers, they get more attack power not from the weapon stats (which are nerfed), but from the primary attack stat. So Intel for Enchantress, Strength for Templar and Agility for Scoundrel. Their overall attack is handicapped, but they get boosts from primary stats more than even you do. So for example, give them 100 vitality and see a crazy huge HP increase.

In general Followers don't do detectable damage until you give them level60, 800 dps gear. My Enchantress does 2.5k damage, after I give her literally hundreds of Intelligence boosts.

Quote:
I forgot Blizzard's been fucking melee characters in the ass for the last 10 years
The ironic thing is that they tried so hard to make ranged weaker, by introducing mortar enemies. But melee is actually just as if not harder than ranged against Mortar Champs. The 30% defence bonus still don't make a difference in Inferno.
Old 2012-06-05, 05:43   Link #2387
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Inferno's not pleasant for any class who hasn't been able to pay out the ass or get really lucky, I've been receiving angry reports from my friends across every character.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 05:49   Link #2388
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Inferno's not pleasant for any class who hasn't been able to pay out the ass or get really lucky, I've been receiving angry reports from my friends across every character.
As Blizzard said, they made the game too harder for their testers, then doubled the difficulty. Normal is a walk in the park and with Templar follower, you would have to TRY to die. Inferno is suppose to make people scream in frustration.

It's just unfortunate that Tanking is made impossible, making kitting builds a requirement. Blizzard is trying to fix that at the moment, as their aim was always "steady stream of damage" rather than one hit kos. This was why healing is so hard.

When everything one-shot you, it no longer matters how much health or armour you have. It only mattered that you avoid any damage. Melee loses out that way.
Old 2012-06-05, 05:56   Link #2389
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I'm pretty confident they never tested the actual inferno difficulty did they? Because if their testers managed to beat inferno untwinked, they must be the god of gamers or had tons of time.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 05:59   Link #2390
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I'm pretty confident they never tested the actual inferno difficulty did they? Because if their testers managed to beat inferno untwinked, they must be the god of gamers or had tons of time.
I just told you. They kept increasing the difficulty until their testers complained... THEN they doubled the difficulty on top of that, because they assumed that the wider community have far better players than their testers.

So no, their own testers could not finish Inferno. As I said, they did that intentionally. What was unexpected was how kitting become the only way to play. So they want to see if they can patch that in the future.
Old 2012-06-05, 06:45   Link #2391
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I think it's fair that Inferno is so impossibly hard. People are too soft these days from the lack of those old school unforgiving retro games. Inferno was added on top of the old Hell (which was easy and silly in D2, before Uber bosses). They are aware that there's always gonna be some crazy gamers in the world that will play way better than their testers. There's so many people that did finish Inferno both solo and in group. And also Hardcore Inferno.

I love this though:
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:02   Link #2392
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I just told you. They kept increasing the difficulty until their testers complained... THEN they doubled the difficulty on top of that, because they assumed that the wider community have far better players than their testers.

So no, their own testers could not finish Inferno. As I said, they did that intentionally. What was unexpected was how kitting become the only way to play. So they want to see if they can patch that in the future.
Oh, it's early in the morning and it's getting harder to read.

The problem with that is that it's pretty hard to maintain balance over something you don't really understand yourself. But it's not really the inferno monsters being hard that's the problem, it's also the fact that the already high damage is combined with the imba quad traits on the elites. There's just some utterly stupid combinations.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 07:45   Link #2393
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Its not 100% petless I guess if you count big bad voodoo as a pet . I can't seem to get onto Batlle.net right now but il tell you what I use.
Spirit Walk:Honored guest
Big Bad Voodoo:Slam Dance (Can swap this for the Jungle Drums which decreases its cooldown)
Wall of Zombies: Unrelenting Grip
Soul Harvest: Siphon
Posion Dart: Splinters
Zombie Charger: Zombie Bears

Passives for this build:
Pierce the Veil/Spirit Vessel/Vision Quest, I use the templar for trash and Enchantress for bosses.

For some parts in Act 2 I change Pierce the veil to Rush of Essence, against Zultan because he caused me some problems.

Hope this helps. Its a really solid build. If you want a build which is really easy swap out Wall of Zombies to Fetish Army : Legion of Daggers.
Im using this build on my Hardcore Wd too. Not having any problems, pretty insane damage with dps at around 8k, idealy 10-11k is where this build is one shotting bosses, in Inferno.
Thanks for the build. I tried it out around Hell Act III (Level 59) and it worked like a charm! I did have to get used to my primary attack not sowing mass destruction a la Firebomb, but the steady stream of damage is pretty amazing with Big Bad Voodoo.

There was also a "You shall not pass!" moment when doing the "Waiting for Reinforcement" side-quest in Stonefort as I walled the bridge against a pack of Colossal Golgors and proceed to let deadly, angry natural goodness stampede over them.

For the first time since playing Witch Doctor, too, my mana isn't able to regenerate fast enough to compensate for voodoo-buffed, rapid-fire Poison Darts when I didn't notice that I forgot to cast one of the four cooldown spells to activate Vision Quest.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:57   Link #2394
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think it's fair that Inferno is so impossibly hard. People are too soft these days from the lack of those old school unforgiving retro games. Inferno was added on top of the old Hell (which was easy and silly in D2, before Uber bosses). They are aware that there's always gonna be some crazy gamers in the world that will play way better than their testers. There's so many people that did finish Inferno both solo and in group. And also Hardcore Inferno.
That mini boss was extremely hard in inferno. Had to die 3 times just to take it down (note i'm a barb too). Kinda disappointed that even with 900+ resist, I still have a hard time in act 2 ~.~
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:34   Link #2395
Wigwams

so how does 1 go about farming act 1 inferno? how do you earn millions in a day?
ever since i reached 60 (in act 3 hell) with NV buff, rares have been dropping alot. but they always turn out to be crap in the end... will inferno drops be better? or just getting gold makes you earn millions?
Old 2012-06-05, 10:59   Link #2396
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
so how does 1 go about farming act 1 inferno? how do you earn millions in a day?
ever since i reached 60 (in act 3 hell) with NV buff, rares have been dropping alot. but they always turn out to be crap in the end... will inferno drops be better? or just getting gold makes you earn millions?
Selling items is rare enough that you can't earn serious money without being lucky. That's why you use Gold-Find gear. But it depends on your killing speed, and survival as repair after dying can sap your gold. There are a few relatively safe places where you can hunt for treasure goblins in act 1. Stack valour is always an option of course, as that boosts your gold find for everything.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:36   Link #2397
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I dunno how you can make millions in Act 1: I have seen some people do Leroic's tomb (with a ton of breakable vase) with a full Gold find set when they get bored.

No weapon in act 1 would sell unless it comes with a ton of life on hit and a socket. Armor you need to pray for good rolls (easiest way to make money pre-60 is to find a good MF item and sell it on AH: 20% MF/GF items are worth a bit esp with stats). The best bet would be in accessories: even that you are limited by the hidden ilvl (so you prob will not be getting any 100+vit, 70 resist all gears)

//
Investing into gear to do Act 3 for range classes (which will prob cost <400k on a DH) is a good choice. You will be making a lot more than act 1...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 12:36   Link #2398
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

In other news, another noob kills Diablo on Inferno playing overpowered Demon Hunter. Phase two was the hardest part. I only got to phase three once and I one-shotted him after that. Kiting Diablo even without any slows is very easy.

Farming late Inferno feels too stressful at the moment. I'd rather start leveling other characters if I'm in for a casual gaming session. In fact, that's what I'm gonna do A twinked Monk is probably very good for a relaxed drink and play session.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:19   Link #2399
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I dunno how you can make millions in Act 1: I have seen some people do Leroic's tomb (with a ton of breakable vase) with a full Gold find set when they get bored.

No weapon in act 1 would sell unless it comes with a ton of life on hit and a socket. Armor you need to pray for good rolls (easiest way to make money pre-60 is to find a good MF item and sell it on AH: 20% MF/GF items are worth a bit esp with stats). The best bet would be in accessories: even that you are limited by the hidden ilvl (so you prob will not be getting any 100+vit, 70 resist all gears)

//
Investing into gear to do Act 3 for range classes (which will prob cost <400k on a DH) is a good choice. You will be making a lot more than act 1...
Someone tells me he does perfectly fine with this; Just learn to rip people off in the AH. :3 He must be stacking gold find.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-05 at 17:32.
Old 2012-06-05, 17:34   Link #2400
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

//
With goldfind (only wear them on white enemies, put on your real gear for elites/rares to get through faster) gear on, a run from the Skeleton King to Butcher nets about 300~400k gold from just gold pick up. Out of the 30 rares you get or so, I make at least 200k per run, and often I will come across a 400k+ gear.
I came across a shoulder gear worth 4m easily the other day, and today I got another legendary as well.
You do two of those runs, and you can easily net a million a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I love this though:
Shatterbone? People have problem with Shatterbone as a melee??

I killed him in Inferno after one dying attempt, he gives you AMPLE time to get out of his one-hit-kill swing, and I didn't even have movement+ boots on.

If people are having hard time with this guy, then it has nothing to do with their gear.
No amount of gear is going to save you from that "one hit death full swing" move.
It has everything to do with their inability to GTFO of his way.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-06-05 at 17:46.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler