AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 12:56   Link #481
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Any recorded stuff ?
I may have it recorded, but I kind of doubt it. I watched it streaming from Windows Media Player. Does that record anywhere?
Old 2008-09-25, 13:00   Link #482
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Well, what was it ? Promo ? Commercial ? Or something else ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:19   Link #483
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Well, what was it ? Promo ? Commercial ? Or something else ?
Commercial. I think it was a 30 second cM
Old 2008-09-25, 13:30   Link #484
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Well, then there is a chance that someone recorded it. Anyway, only 1 week to go.

Kristen, they used some BGM as the source for opening, right ?
Old 2008-09-25, 13:33   Link #485
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

it would be so sad(in a good way) to watch this, i wonder if the tears drop could be on par or exceed both air and kanon.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:34   Link #486
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Well, then there is a chance that someone recorded it. Anyway, only 1 week to go.

Kristen, they used some BGM as the source for opening, right ?
Yeah, it was in the background of the commercial.
Old 2008-09-25, 13:35   Link #487
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Clearly. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glqi6WDd9wA
Unless someone just happens to be REALLY freaking good at imitating both the animation and voices, that is...
Either way, I'd assume the background-song is the opening. It sounded like that, at least. Now, does anyone recognise the tune? Because I've only really listened regularly to like, 4 tracks from the game, (Nagisa's theme, Fuko's theme, "Shining in the Sky" and "Distant Years") and it didn't sound like any of them to me.

INSTANT EDIT: I think I found it. It sounds like a vocal version of "To the Same Heights". Well, it sounds good, so no complaints here.
Old 2008-09-25, 13:41   Link #488
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Vegard Aune, thanks for this link. Misae with cat... Oh, looks like that they really will adapt other arcs. And then it should be 24 episodes length.

Backgroung music is really amazing, it really brings us feelings from AS part. But I don't really recognize this tune too.
Old 2008-09-25, 14:07   Link #489
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Unless someone just happens to be REALLY freaking good at imitating both the animation and voices, that is...
Either way, I'd assume the background-song is the opening. It sounded like that, at least. Now, does anyone recognise the tune? Because I've only really listened regularly to like, 4 tracks from the game, (Nagisa's theme, Fuko's theme, "Shining in the Sky" and "Distant Years") and it didn't sound like any of them to me.

INSTANT EDIT: I think I found it. It sounds like a vocal version of "To the Same Heights". Well, it sounds good, so no complaints here.
Yeah I can confirm that.
Here's the original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwzLPxI7PU8
Spoiler for Commercial:

@Vegard
You gotta listen to Kyou's theme. Also you have to the song "Ushio". In my minds eye, this is the song that represents afterstory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1pGDC1fC0c
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 14:16   Link #490
Kristen
*Author

Sigh... I wish that that poster spoke English. He has to have a transport stream I'm looking for.

Yeah, that's the one I heard. Though those are probably still just clips from the first 1-3 episodes. But it has to be an OP/ED because kyoani wouldn't create a song for just a commercial.
Old 2008-09-25, 18:11   Link #491
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post

YES! That's definitely "To the Same Heights". I'm really glad they chose that song, my favorite Clannad BGM. I really cannot wait. Thanks for the vid.
Old 2008-09-25, 18:20   Link #492
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I wonder why they made a new version of 'To the Same Heights' instead of using the Soranado version of it. Ah well, I'm still excited since thats one of my favorites, if not most favorite track. I'm guessing thats the ending!

Haha, I cant wait till it starts!
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:22   Link #493
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I wonder why they made a new version of 'To the Same Heights' instead of using the Soranado version of it.
New song = new single = more sales. duh.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:58   Link #494
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

To the Same Heights, eh? A very pleasant surprise for me, since this is my favorite track from the game's OST. This one's arguably better than the one from Sorarado Append too, not counting the Sorarado version's beautiful intro.

So, if this is gonna be the OP, what are the odds of a vocal version of Ushio or Country Train to be the ED? I'm personally hoping for the latter.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:07   Link #495
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
To the Same Heights, eh? A very pleasant surprise for me, since this is my favorite track from the game's OST. This one's arguably better than the one from Sorarado Append too, not counting the Sorarado version's beautiful intro.

So, if this is gonna be the OP, what are the odds of a vocal version of Ushio or Country Train to be the ED? I'm personally hoping for the latter.
Country train should not included until the moment in after story it actually happens. That had a really deep meaning to me when it played, and it really means a lot to the story. It was such a good song because it wasn't overplayed.

Ushio is also likely not. That's the song they've been using for the sponsers page, so they'll probably keep that there.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:16   Link #496
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Country train should not included until the moment in after story it actually happens. That had a really deep meaning to me when it played, and it really means a lot to the story. It was such a good song because it wasn't overplayed.

Ushio is also likely not. That's the song they've been using for the sponsers page, so they'll probably keep that there.
Makes sense. Hmmm... Since A Tiny Palm is also out of the picture, anyone got any ideas on what the new ED will be based on?
Old 2008-09-25, 20:19   Link #497
Proto

Personally I'd also go for the vocal version of Ushio. Failing that Negai ga Kanau basho ni or sora ni hikaru could also work.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:23   Link #498
kimchipride
Geass User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H2TECNyBnk
Here's a fan version of that song
It's a great choice for the opening of AS~
Old 2008-09-25, 20:37   Link #499
Kristen
*Author

Sora ni Hikaru is my choice, personally. I feel like that could be a really great ED, especially considering what the Sorando did with it.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:46   Link #500
Proto

Then again Lia already has a vocal version of Negai ga Kanau Basho ni, so they may go for that.