AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 10:35   Link #61
azenable
President of TecoT

just watched at the local cinema, crappy artwork, look like they outsource a number of animation to a shanghai studio. predictable plot and progress, final boss fight...alot of build up, but no bite in the end.
disappointed.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 15:26   Link #62
Krono

It seems they'll animate the manga prologue chapter for the movie:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ets-anime-also
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:23   Link #63
ellessarr
Banned

movie dubbed in chinese
Spoiler:

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-02-03 at 16:28.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:45   Link #64
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Heh, we already have a Chinese dub? But no English sub? Well, I suppose they'd need a DVD rip to actually sub it. And no word of when or what Funimation plans to do with it.

Edit: was thinking of watching the Chinese dub, but would rather prefer watching the Japanese raws instead. At least I'm familiar with the character's voices, then.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:14   Link #65
ellessarr
Banned

movie was amazing, sad who this was chinese dubbed and subbed i need a japanese version with english subbed ofcourse :X best moments for me :X
Spoiler:

and
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-03, 14:16   Link #66
ellessarr
Banned

japanese raw
Spoiler:

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-02-03 at 16:29.
Old 2013-02-03, 15:30   Link #67
Krono

@ellessarr

We aren't allowed to post links to episodes or movies.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 15:55   Link #68
Kaijo
Banned

I find it amusing Lucy's towel held up just fine for the majority of that chase, and only fell off there when she stood up, just in time for Natsu and Gray to get an eyeful, heh.
Old 2013-02-03, 16:30   Link #69
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I find it amusing Lucy's towel held up just fine for the majority of that chase, and only fell off there when she stood up, just in time for Natsu and Gray to get an eyeful, heh.
very funny moment
Old 2013-02-03, 18:19   Link #70
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for raw:

Spoiler for movie preview:

Last edited by ars89; 2013-02-17 at 20:46.
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 20:22   Link #71
Kaijo
Banned

Just saw the fansubbed version. I was wondering why Erza kept getting dispelled, and what magic that chick was using. Apparently, Erza needed her heart to be stronger, so essentially the other girl's will was stronger. Thus, she couldn't dispel Erza's wedding dress, because Erza secretly REALLY wants to get married... which makes Erza freak out upon the realization, heh.
Old 2013-02-22, 20:39   Link #72
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Just saw the fansubbed version. I was wondering why Erza kept getting dispelled, and what magic that chick was using. Apparently, Erza needed her heart to be stronger, so essentially the other girl's will was stronger. Thus, she couldn't dispel Erza's wedding dress, because Erza secretly REALLY wants to get married... which makes Erza freak out upon the realization, heh.
lol indeed was really funny, and i get a few disgusted about momon death, was unnecessarily since eclair is immortal(and i find why she survived with no damage from the fire and was funny discovery who she also like zeref is immortal and lived throught 400 years) another funny moment was when natsu and gray see lucy naked and natsu:

- lookes like your nudist is contagious.
then gray reply:
- thanks god for my nudist
Old 2013-02-22, 20:45   Link #73
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

I just watched the prologue. Jesus that was adorable! Will probably watch the movie tomorrow. Don't want to go with the LQ release. Tsuki will probably have it by tomorrow. At least hopefully.
Old 2013-02-22, 20:50   Link #74
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaguraSenju View Post
I just watched the prologue. Jesus that was adorable! Will probably watch the movie tomorrow. Don't want to go with the LQ release. Tsuki will probably have it by tomorrow. At least hopefully.
the subb not looked so bad, some random we have some little random moments without the sub but overal was good, and about tsuki i looked in they site and they saying who they are waiting for a "better raw"(less dark) to add they sub, but the work already done(all the speaks translated and with karaoke of both OS and ES)
Old 2013-02-22, 20:53   Link #75
Kaijo
Banned

Yeah, I was disappointed in the movie for quite a few reasons. Expected Natsu to eat some Phoenix fire at some point to defeat Dist. He's getting totally pwned every time they clash, and then suddenly he's not? What changed?

Wasn't really impressed with Gray and Juvia's victory over the cannon guy. In fact, most of the fights weren't very impressive for a movie. It felt a bit like they just pushed something out in movie form to make money. And felt like Mashima didn't have much to do with the movie; it didn't really feel like his work. The drama elements felt a bit forced.

Still, it had a few good humorous moments and some decent action at points. Here's hoping they do a better job with the next movie.
Old 2013-02-22, 21:01   Link #76
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I was disappointed in the movie for quite a few reasons. Expected Natsu to eat some Phoenix fire at some point to defeat Dist. He's getting totally pwned every time they clash, and then suddenly he's not? What changed?

Wasn't really impressed with Gray and Juvia's victory over the cannon guy. In fact, most of the fights weren't very impressive for a movie. It felt a bit like they just pushed something out in movie form to make money. And felt like Mashima didn't have much to do with the movie; it didn't really feel like his work. The drama elements felt a bit forced.

Still, it had a few good humorous moments and some decent action at points. Here's hoping they do a better job with the next movie.
because natsu was finally pissed-off with the guy "you made lucy cry", was what happened the tipical "you messed with my girl"!!!!, dont forget the best way to make natsu go full rage/hulk mode is mess with lucy, what i dont liked was that too "much dark" in the fight little i almost dont know what happened( due to being too dark to see what they are doing) and like you the drama in the end looked a few "forced", well about mashima he "co-write" the movie this means who another guy write the story and mashima just revised and asked to put somethings like the "natsu stare at lucy smile" in the end(mashima romance pairing tease trolling signature in manga, anime and ovas) and maybe looked a few rushed the story(maybe because they can't make the story more bigger), but like you told this was his first movie and if the FT sales continues to grow like they are we for sure gonna see another movie maybe or in this year end or maybe for sure next year.
Old 2013-02-22, 21:04   Link #77
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
because natsu was finally pissed-off with the guy "you made lucy cry", was what happened the tipical "you messed with my girl"!!!!, dont forget the best way to make natsu go full rage/hulk mode is mess with lucy, what i dont liked was that too "much dark" in the fight little i almost dont know what happened( due to being too dark to see what they are doing) and like you the drama in the end looked a few "forced", well about mashima he "co-write" the movie this means who another guy write the story and mashima just revised and asked to put somethings like the "natsu stare at lucy smile" in the end(mashima romance pairing tease trolling signature in manga, anime and ovas) and maybe looked a few rushed the story(maybe because they can't make the story more bigger), but like you told this was his first movie and if the FT sales continues to grow like they are we for sure gonna see another movie maybe or in this year end or maybe for sure next year.
Not really. The same thing happened with Erza in the Tower of Paradise.
Old 2013-02-22, 21:14   Link #78
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaguraSenju View Post
Not really. The same thing happened with Erza in the Tower of Paradise.
yeah i remember this time too, but after that today all the times who natsu goes full rage or goes totally "i dont care any more about what is happen now" is around lucy, erza was the only girl in danger beside lucy who really made natsu go mad( maybe you gonna count also yukino but if you look what happened he not was really full rage in the same way when was with erza or more lucy, he get pissed-off about what they made to yukino but easy forget after does some damage).
Old 2013-02-24, 16:59   Link #79
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Welp, I liked the movie...it wasn't anything special to be honest but it wasn't a bad movie at all so it gets a thumbs up from me at least.

I really liked that they didn't use the very thing that has plagued me whenever I try watching the anime version...the freaking seals when they use magic. Seriously, why did they put that in the anime? You can see from the movie that magic can be perfectly animated without needing the annoying magical seals as if they were necessary (yes, as petty as it seems it is one of the main reasons why I don't watch the anime version).

Also liked the overall art style, felt more like the manga rather than the anime.

The story was decent, the fights were so very weak though. Juvia and Grey's fight was kinda boring...and Juvia is one of my favorite characters of all time. Erza's fight was stupid and nearly put me to sleep. I did like Gajeel's fight, it was simple and quick, very well done IMHO.
The fight with everyone vs the phoenix was decent...had a mini Acnologia fight feel to it but it wasn't anything special.

I agree with some people about the Natsu fight with Dist, I too was expecting Natsu to eat the Phoenix (maybe I've been a bit spoiled by the Naruto movies where he uses a new plot related rasengan every damn movie) and the fact that it wasn't used was kinda surprising...in a good way. Though the fact that Natsu was completely destroyed at first but suddenly was strong enough to fight Dist for no reason other than nakama power and rage was BS...then again it is FT and Nakama power > Everything else.

But again, the plot was good and the story was told quite nicely...if the fights had been much better then this would have been a fantastic movie, but since they were all so weak I'll keep it in the Decent Movie category.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 10:18   Link #80
ellessarr
Banned

hi guys after watch both movie and the little pre-quel, i'm noticed something maybe i can be wrong but:
Spoiler:

this boy from the short prequel of the movie is this guy from movie:
Spoiler:

reason:
Spoiler: