AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 08:19   Link #1241
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

A little saddened to not see most animes aired this season listed. Or even Psycho-Pass to even be on the ratings.
Old 2013-04-08, 13:21   Link #1242
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It has been a while since this was updated.
Old 2013-04-08, 14:49   Link #1243
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might want to visit this site with historical ratings back to 2000. They are complete through the end of last year. Not all shows appear on these lists, only ones on commercial channels that carry advertising. Shows like Hyouge Mono carried on pay services like NHK-BS are not listed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:56   Link #1244
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Yamato's first episode gets a 5.7% rating in Tokyo
Old 2013-04-08, 23:40   Link #1245
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And Yamato 2199 did 5.9% in Osaka.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ercent-ratings

EDIT:

For today that I suppose is impressive. 40 years ago, when there were less channels, that wouldn't be as good. The orignal series in 1974-75 had an average rating of 6% and that was considered bad. (Its third rerun in 1978, during Yamato Fever, was 13.8%)

Yamato 2 (Comet Empire series) had an average rating of 22.9% on its first run in 1978-79. That series was awesome. Also that was the high point of Yamato Fever.

(Third series didn't do as well with an average rating of 15.4% in 1980-81.)

Will lightning strike twice? It is starting to look like it. Will the Yamato Fever return? Maybe.

Also:

So why isn't anyone legally simulcasting or streaming this series? Nor talking about it much in the English speaking world? half the bloggers and reviews seem to be avoiding it because it started coming out in theaters last year, but they didn't review it then either.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-04-09 at 00:38. Reason: History lesson
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:40   Link #1246
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So why isn't anyone legally simulcasting or streaming this series? Nor talking about it much in the English speaking world? half the bloggers and reviews seem to be avoiding it because it started coming out in theaters last year, but they didn't review it then either.
I think, and this is just my pet theory, most of the western fandom shifted from scifi to other types of shows. I find that character dramas (Anohanas and alike) and more fanservice driven shows have retained a loyal following while the old scifi crowd moved on to lord knows where... There was a thread on General Anime debating this point as you know.
Old 2013-04-09, 17:14   Link #1247
Kirarakim

I was waiting for the TV broadcast of Yamato thinking it would get a legal stream, but of course it didnt.

I do plan to watch it but at this point I might as well wait for all the movie rips to be out and just watch that.
Old 2013-04-09, 20:15   Link #1248
Atarashii

Space Brothers : 5.3% (for a recap episode no less)

(I don't update weekly anymore because leaks on 2ch unfortunately don't happen anymore. All ratings (usually the weekly top 10) can be found on Video Research's website http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/top10.htm - section 5 - or on animenewsnetwork).

For other ratings, we depend on the website mentioned above by SeijiSensei which is alas updated once in a blue moon.
Atarashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:15   Link #1249
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Man they've really locked down the ratings. We've regressed so much since the days we could get ratings for anime in late night MBS slots.

Do we know how well the last episodes of Magi did yet? I haven't even tried to check 2ch.
Old 2013-04-15, 09:48   Link #1250
Atarashii

I don't think so. Here's all the info available about Magi as of now :

Episode 1 : 2.5
Episode 2 : 3.8
Episode 3 : 3.2
Episode 4 : 3.8
Episode 5 : 5.1
Episode 6 : 4.0
Episode 7 : 4.8
Episode 8 : 4.0
Episode 9 : 2.9
Episode 10 : 3.5
Episode 11 : 4.5
Episode 12 : 3.5

No update since but I do believe 5.1 is the peak rating as I don't remember Magi entering the top 10 recently which a 5+ rating would have allowed.
Old 2013-04-17, 08:40   Link #1251
Atarashii

Space Brothers out of the rankings this week which means it dropped under 3.9%.
Old 2013-04-17, 09:35   Link #1252
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii View Post
Space Brothers out of the rankings this week which means it dropped under 3.9%.
Space Brothers has been a recap for 2 weeks and will have another one next week.

I think the real test will be how it does once new material starts up again.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:54   Link #1253
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I understand the need to acquaint the new audience with the Space Brothers story. I just hope the three-recap model doesn't alienate the existing viewers. I don't think the negative reactions from foreign viewers like us here are very telling when it comes to the Japanese audience. Devoted viewers like us would be a small fraction of the audience there, too. That original 5.3% for the first episode in the Saturday timeslot has to be good news, though. Looking back at the 2012 ratings for Space Brothers, it ran largely in the high twos. I don't see any rating as high as 3.9 in the last half of 2012, though admittedly those are from 7am on Sundays. From the performance of Magi (5p, Sun) at 4-5%, Space Brothers might expect to see a small bump in its average ratings from changing timeslots, maybe even a whole point. Whether the show can start routinely breaking 3.9% and making Atarashi's charts seems a bit much to expect. Still, coming on right before Conan has to be a boost.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:54   Link #1254
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Save the replacement for Magi did 5.7% - 5.9% in the rating from what I can tell.
Old 2013-04-23, 19:45   Link #1255
Atarashii

Space Brothers back in top 10 with 4.2% but only because Doraemon and Shin-chan didn't air. Still an improvement compared to last week.

Hunter x Hunter at 5 with 5.2% and highest rating since it started airing.
Old 2013-05-12, 13:44   Link #1256
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
Hi. Can somebody find Kakumeiki Valvrave, Susei no Gargantia and Majestic Prince's ratings? Thanks and best regards.