AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 20:18   Link #41
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Great job for those who are trying to do Minagoroshi-hen in English.

I checked to see how it came out, and I was surprised. Although it was kind of slow for the game to start up, and some funky fast foward effects are in place, the translation itself was good.

The prologue itself is a great way to start off people on explaining what Rules X, Y, and Zs are, so I highly suggest people to start buying the game and playing it in English through this patch.

Hope you do well in your progress, ayyo.

Regards,

kj1980
Old 2006-10-01, 20:18   Link #42
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Just for the record, if anyone has any problems installing it, like I did, this also works:
- Unzip the rar file into an 'English' folder in your main higurashi folder, wherever that may be.
- Run install.bat
- It'll eventually finish, now copy everything left into the English folder into your main higurashi folder so nothing's left.
- Run onscripter

Just finished reading it and it's reeeally interesting. Can't wait for more, I wouldn't have expected to enjoy the supernatural plot element but I'm really beginning to now. Surprise surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate RFB
and text on some web pages is funky (like smaller, and Arial instead of bigger and Times New Roman). Is there any way around this, or is this to be expected?
Try checking what you're web encoding is (if it's IE that's View -> Encoding -> see what it's chosen) I sometimes get strange bits (like random kanji instead of apostrophes) but changing it to some english variation normally works. And yeah, the yen sign is normal, you'll get used to it unless you want to keep switching unicode languages.
Old 2006-10-01, 20:43   Link #43
ayyo

kj - Thanks.
muu, funky fast forward effects?

And for the record, Valdra's method is unsupported by us and we won't offer a walk around if the second patch and so forth conflicts with it.

I'll advise trying your best to make it install and work properly the approved and supported way.
Old 2006-10-01, 20:52   Link #44
Keriaku
Thought Being

I just finished reading the prologue, and... it's amazing. I want to thank Ayyo, and everyone else working on this excellent english patch, and I want to thank you all for releasing the first patch so quickly. I watched the 26th episode this morning, and finished the first patch that night. Truly awesome. I hope you guys keep up your speedy, but still quality, efforts.

I also hope that once you're done with Minagoroshi-hen/Matsuribayashi-hen, you'll go on to do the other 6 chapters. Or if that isn't possible/seemed as a waste of time, then the three new chapters in the PS2 version could be translated. Though I might be hoping for to much. ^_____^
Old 2006-10-01, 22:51   Link #45
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Argh... I really want to help with this, but with my new job and all I don't have much time
Old 2006-10-01, 23:45   Link #46
sagematt
Magician of Words

ayyo, you have my deepest gratitude for going forward with this project. Buen viento y buena mar.

ps. For those who want to run the game on fullscreen, onscripter has a switch for that.

1. Run command prompt
2. go to Drive:\Program Files\07th_Expansion\higurasi8\English\
3. run "onscripter --fullscreen" (without the quotes)

EDIT: *phew* I finally read the prologue. Awesome stuff.
hey ayyo, I was reading the prologue, and read something that may or may not be wrong:

Spoiler for ???:

Last edited by sagematt; 2006-10-02 at 00:24.
Old 2006-10-02, 00:42   Link #47
MarthX

Wow, the prologue was a lot longer than I thought it'd be. I can't wait for the next update. Words can't express how grateful I am.
Old 2006-10-02, 12:36   Link #48
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Well, after a few hiccups, I got it working, and it's certainly interesting... it's brought a whole new level to the story.

Anyway... back to Onikakushi-hen at a snails pace...
Old 2006-10-02, 12:54   Link #49
chrno_the_sinner

The rules were interesting to read, and the whole "Strong Will" causing Y to occur. And all the stuff reguarding H____u is kinda confusing. It'll hopefully be cleared up right away.

EDIT: And about the Shion, that was just a mistake on the translators part, from the comments on the main translation blog page.
Old 2006-10-02, 13:40   Link #50
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thank yoy, thank you, thank you! By you I mean everyone involved in this translation project and also Valdra for the alternative installation method. The prologue was just what I needed to convince me I should not read the answered questions thread, despite the great temptation to do so.
Are we supposed to discuss the details and theories from the translated parts here or there will be some thread for this, while this one will be for notices, technical and translation issues and the likes?

Old 2006-10-02, 13:52   Link #51
Kisuke06
I see...

Wow, I finaly played the game. Those rules were indeed very interesting.

But, I don't know why but I can only run the game if I use Valdra's method. I can't play the game if I run onscripter on higurasi7/English.

>_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Are we supposed to discuss the details and theories from the translated parts here or there will be some thread for this, while this one will be for notices, technical and translation issues and the likes?
Yep, I want to know that too. If we use this thread for discuss both translation issue and theories from the translated parts, this thread would get a little confuse, wouldn't it?
Old 2006-10-02, 13:59   Link #52
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
Wow, I finaly played the game. Those rules were indeed very interesting.

But, I don't know why but I can only run the game if I use Valdra's method. I can't play the game if I run onscripter on higurasi7/English.
I had to use Valdra's method too. If I try to run it in the English folder I get an illegal operation from SDL.dll.
Old 2006-10-02, 14:11   Link #53
Freakman

A fair warning to people waiting for the translation : don't read the Minagoroshi TIPS in the TIPS thread, since they do spoil a fair amount about Minagoroshi itself. The tips will appear in the game progressively.
Old 2006-10-02, 14:21   Link #54
MarthX

I was thinking about that. He could skip the translations on the TIPS and poems to speed up the releases. There's no need to retranslate/retype them if they're already posted here. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer them to be in the game but if it helps speed up the progress, I'm all for it.
Old 2006-10-02, 14:33   Link #55
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'd like to know if we can have a thread to discuss Minagoroshi-hen as it's released as well.
Old 2006-10-02, 14:49   Link #56
Freakman

Post that in the request for new threads thread ^^
Old 2006-10-02, 14:58   Link #57
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Out of interest, was it you guys who put in the error message that said "What are you doing?" when you try to run the original .exe?
Old 2006-10-02, 15:02   Link #58
Freakman

Since "What are you doing?" is the first sentence of the translation, I assume it's a funky screwup that causes the translation to display instead of something that makes sense
It is nonetheless a pretty funny unwanted side effect ^.^

Apparently, someone worked out a way to make the installation a lot smoother, and even make it work on OS's without japanese support, so stay tuned for more ^^
Old 2006-10-02, 15:55   Link #59
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

That's really great to hear all the excitement (and kj1980's thumbs up) over the patch. Makes me feel really impatient and excited about waiting for my order to arrive now. C'mon EMS, get moving!
Old 2006-10-02, 22:37   Link #60
Nate RFB

Will it somehow hurt playing Minagoroshi if I change my Unicode back and forth from Japanese to English? I just found out that certain alt+numbers combinations don't work with the unicode in Japanese, so I'd prefer to keep it in English except when I want to play Japanese games (which won't be that often). If I keep changing it back and forth, will that in any way affect my game? Will it be alright as long as the unicode is in Japanese when I play?
Closed Thread