AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-10, 17:05   Link #101
sothis

a few reviews (~2 pages) have been made for the various fansub versions, if you guys are interested in the best to download, this link might be of service
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 20:29   Link #102
magicalpenguin

Ugh. For some reason, I intensely dislike this series... even though I've only seen one ep. That doesn't usually happen to me, but whatever. Everything... the characters, situations, general atmosphere... seem too overused, too "perfect".
"Oh, they found a girl who just happens to look like his 'perfect girl'. Oh, they're suddenly attacked for no discernable reason by a monster. Oh, he pledges to protect her, isn't that sweet. Oh, he transforms to some sort of super form! How unexepected and original."
Urgh. It all makes me want to vomit. I really don't like the main character either, which makes it worse... As a matter of fact, I don't like ANY of the characters, except maybe Ryou. It almost reminds me of a bad mary-sue fic.

I don't know... I know it's probably too early to judge, but that's just the impression I got. I might follow it, but it's not too likely. It just seems way too contrived.
magicalpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 19:13   Link #103
7thMethuselah

I just saw the first episode and ... I was far from impressed. The characters seemd a little weird to me. The story was not too interesting and the animation was lacking imo. Guy sees light, finds naked chick, get attacked by worm , vows to protect her, transforms into superman and after a lame battle happy end..... how unoriginal can you get? I expected more from a gainax title ...

Well any anime deserves a couple of episodes before being dumped so I'll try a few more episodes but it better get interesting really fast ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 20:14   Link #104
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalpenguin
Ugh. For some reason, I intensely dislike this series... even though I've only seen one ep. That doesn't usually happen to me, but whatever. Everything... the characters, situations, general atmosphere... seem too overused, too "perfect".
"Oh, they found a girl who just happens to look like his 'perfect girl'. Oh, they're suddenly attacked for no discernable reason by a monster. Oh, he pledges to protect her, isn't that sweet. Oh, he transforms to some sort of super form! How unexepected and original."
Urgh. It all makes me want to vomit. I really don't like the main character either, which makes it worse... As a matter of fact, I don't like ANY of the characters, except maybe Ryou. It almost reminds me of a bad mary-sue fic.

I don't know... I know it's probably too early to judge, but that's just the impression I got. I might follow it, but it's not too likely. It just seems way too contrived.
I think you have to give it some credit that the setup is *purposely* contrived in that manner - she's obviously some sort of alien or something who has targeted him (as he's got that special power but doesn't know it) and in order to manipulate him appears as his "dream girl" on purpose.

Clearly, it's going to change it's focus and turn it's cliche setup on it's end, as Gainax seems to like to do a lot.

However, that doesn't mean it will necessarily turn into a good series, if you will recall Mahoromatic. In fact, the general fanservicey tone of things seems to recall Mahoro more than any other series, and that's not a good thing.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 22:42   Link #105
LinChoiSin

i totally agree with Marin but i keep on hoping that this show will be as good ad Eva .Yes i'm a dreamer !
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 03:00   Link #106
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I liked the first episode, but just listening to the dialogue I thought it was kinda lame. The dialogue, that is. I'm still undecided as to how it'll turn out, it could be good or bad, but I feel like it's still slightly leaning on bad.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 04:00   Link #107
box-chan

seems there's a bit of a cliche build-up in the first episode, but I can find some common ground with the characters in the empathy department...or at least suspend disbelief. I hope this doesn't boil down to a monster-of-the-week special as I've always been one for character intricacies/ interactions, but maybe I'm jumping the gun here.

and the whole cousin thing- I have this feeling that no good can come of him catching her throwin down (the clothes) before the bath. One thing really left a bad taste in my mouth though: He ruined the stupid bike. I know, I know, its nothing at all, but that bugged me and I was distracted with it after it got rammed into the creature.

is that silly?

and yeah, a transformation that wasn't completely ridiculous...I did appreciate that, along with the intimation that this mystery girl may not be all that she seems.
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 21:12   Link #108
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

i watched the second episode...heh the onegai teacher part and what a coincidence they added a scene 2 hot sexy chicks that are naked and takin a shower together....cant go wrong with that
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 21:51   Link #109
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
i watched the second episode...heh the onegai teacher part and what a coincidence they added a scene 2 hot sexy chicks that are naked and takin a shower together....cant go wrong with that
Hehehe, and did you catch Mahoro's maid outfit?

Anyways, in terms of content the 2nd episode was meh. I think the first few episodes is mostly "character interactions". It may be too early, but I hope they get the plot moving.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:11   Link #110
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Hehehe, and did you catch Mahoro's maid outfit?

Anyways, in terms of content the 2nd episode was meh. I think the first few episodes is mostly "character interactions". It may be too early, but I hope they get the plot moving.
heh they like referring to other animes....wonder if they are gonna keep doing that

yes ur right...the story didnt kick in...its just looky looky new girl! shes cute and shes lonely! lets dress her! this character introduction may survive another 1-2 episodes before the ACTUAL STORY kicks in...meh i guess i can wait...but if they screw things up...gneh....better be a pretty interesting story XD
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:26   Link #111
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I just want more of that Ritsuko-Misato-combination woman

seems we'll see more of Akari next, yessss!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:36   Link #112
LinChoiSin

i'm a little bit disapointed with the second episode especially with the introduction of the new character,i feel like re watching Mahoromatic and that's no good but we'll see....
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:47   Link #113
box-chan

I just don't understand the current trend with "chracter X backstory episode"...is the slow pace simply because they have more than 13 episodes to work with? Is it simply local audience tastes/ expectations?

<opinion here!> I noticed gunslinger girls had 13 eps and managed to really push the envelope with some of the characters- and they adhered to this new character every episode formula to some degree.
I could stand to see the frenetic pacing up front and a slow-down for fleshing out in the middle just to catch my breath... but listen to us, a bunch of snobs on the subject right <no insult intended>

this must be like arguing over the vanilla hints in a wine, or what influence the barrel's wood had on the flavour.
Old 2004-04-13, 00:49   Link #114
JediNight
キズランダム

The points to get out of first two eps are this IMHO (which many seem to be overlooking):

Spoiler:

Hmm might be a few other points I'm missing atm, but those are some major ones to think about before saying its just crap.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:01   Link #115
box-chan

JediKnight! <applauds>

thanks- I keep forgetting that they are stressing "duality" in this show, I'm gonna watch both keeping what you said in mind.
Old 2004-04-13, 02:07   Link #116
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

actually, about Jennifer
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 07:18   Link #117
walter clamans
I have a cunning plan

hmm... quite a messy 2nd episode

Spoiler for episode2:
walter clamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 10:20   Link #118
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
finally saw the first episode. And it was going pretty good untill

Spoiler:

i'll keep watching, but only becuase of the promise of kawaii fanservice from Hikari and Mari
Old 2004-04-13, 12:08   Link #119
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
finally saw the first episode. And it was going pretty good untill

Spoiler:
Hehehe, yeah, Go Nagai could sue their pants off.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 16:05   Link #120
Drock
HxH!!

Hmph with all the new series out this month, this ones def going to the bottom of the list.. first ep wasn't so bad, till he transformed outa nowhere... then the 2nd ep was just a cry baby char's+fanservice... Looking like a weak series next to the other ones that just came out.
Drock is offline   Reply With Quote