AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 22:27   Link #1
Tamahome
Inactive Member

Question Anime Music Videos

I really enjoy watching amvs, and my favorite is Aluminum's Perfect Blue - Torn and Sailor Moon - Ordinary World.
What you think about anime music videos? What's your favorite video?
Tamahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 01:50   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So far the AMV I most liked was on Ninja Scroll with the music Hollowed Be Thy Name by <I forgot the band name> and Goku and Vegeta fight (clash of the super saiyans) with the music Smack my bitch up by Prodigy..This one was done by Reuban John
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 02:04   Link #3
Fronzel
Schmuck

More Than Toast is a great collective of four AMV artists. I just can't like "Only in Dreams" (Bebop) by Kwasek enough (it's amazing! See it!) and I really like "Peace on Earth" (Kite) by Grungetta too. I guess violence to gospel is a bit shallow, but it's done so well!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 13:48   Link #4
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

i aint watched any in a while but some of my favs were:
Quote:
Only in Dreams" (Bebop) by Kwasek
ive seen that i really liked that and the song was great (by weezer).
and another one i liked was an Evangelion music video with the song " end of the world" by cold...once again a GREAT song and great video

^_^

P.S More than toast = great!!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 16:23   Link #5
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Do yourself a favour, pick up everything Kevin Caldwell has ever done (www.animemusicvideos.org should have them) and melt your brain with the goodness of what a superb AMV really is.

Other reccomendations:
Aokakesu Digital - Odorikuruu - Various anime - Mamboleo
Sisters of Kickass - Requiem for Wolfwood - Trigun - Hallelujah
StudioHybrid - Jinnai and the Bugrom Live - El Hazard - Hubba Hubba ZOOT ZOOT (you will never look at Jinnai the same way again)
EricKobet - TaintedDonuts - Trigun/Cowboy Bebop - ????? (THE Trigun Bebop crossover vid)
ddp - RightNowSomeoneIsReadingThisTitle - various anime - Right Now
DJ Fritz - Beboppin - Cowboy Bebop - Cant get you out of my head.

I could go on (i have nearly a gig of the damn things. But the above are some of the absolute best.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:02   Link #6
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
1 Odorikuruu by
aokakesu (Jay R. Locke)
Koopiskeva (Jay Naling)
Tainted Donuts by
Weibelius (Eric Kobet)

Right Now Someone Is Reading This Title by
dokidoki (Tim Park)

Engel (Kevin Caldwell)

Failed Experiments in Video Editing by
Big Big Truck (E K)

Memories Dance by
Vlad G Pohnert (Vlad Pohnert)

Shameless Rock Video by
AbsoluteDestiny (Ian Roberts)

Believe by Kevin Caldwell

Rhythm Animation by
Lostboy (Lee Thompson)

Caffine Encopium by Kevin Caldwell

This is just a few. All available on the site SurfD mentioned and all good.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 21:44   Link #7
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Ahh... AMVs... I've made a few myself; mostly sad attempts ~ although some of them have had the odd moment/edit that I have been really happy with... ... Nothing to the quality produced by the big names from the AMV mailing list though.

I've seem a lot of Kevin's work; it is good and he has no shortage of awards for it either; but, at least at the moment, the yet to be mentioned Brad DeMoss gets my vote for favorite AMV and over all quality. I didn't like his videos at first, but they grew on me. His "Oh My Goddess" to "Iris" by the GooGooDolls is, to me, the perfect example of a good AMV -- I actually bought both the song and the anime series on the strength of his video. A little frivolous perhaps, but I've not regretted it.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 22:41   Link #8
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

I enjoy watching AMVs, mainly because they can give you a smaler previev of an anime you hawe not wathced before and i often find the animes i like whit music of my taste. I specialy like those that are longer versions of the standard intro. Some favs are:

Dominion Tank Police - Welcome to the Jungle (Guns n Rosses)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Extended Opening (cutt to 4 minuits whit full music)
Play Excel! Play! - Excel Saga Anime Music Video (Dont know the music but is rocks)
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop - Tainted Donuts (The best one acording to me)
Gundam Wing - Two-Mix - Rhythm Emotion (Another extended opening)
Gundam Wing - 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite (Love that song)
Final Fantasy - Original Prankster Offsprings (Almost forgoot this one, so good music. There is allso a video whit Excel Saga insted of FF)
Lancer McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 02:46   Link #9
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Talking

Oh, good golly miss molly do I love AMVs. They take the best of an anime and condense it down to something absolutely WONDERFUL. If done right.

When I go to a con (AX is right up the block from me ) the one event I NEVER miss is the AMV contest. Hootin' and hollerin' at the top of your lungs with thousands of anime fans for your favorite AMV totally rocks.

I get chills and goosebumps when I watch some of my favs (let me cut and paste the filenames here):

AMV - Ah! My Goddess - Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever.mpg - Sad and beautiful. Only AMG is good enough for this Queen song.
AMV - Anime Expo 2002 Best Comedy (tied) - SpectacularAnime.mpeg - EXTREMELY funny especially if you've seen most of the animes shown in this AMV, and also the movie Moulin Rouge. Ilparazzo singing opera almost killed me when I saw this the first time.
AMV - Anime Expo 2002 Winner - Silent_Lucidity.mpg - The first AMV I've seen at AX where there was an ovation in the middle of the AMV. The transition sequence is AWESOME.
AMV - Closer-Key the Metal Idol.mpeg - This NIN song suits this blackest of dark anime perfectly.
AMV - Cowboy Bebop - Stress.mpg - Funny, fast, unusual song. Amazing how he found all the clips in CB to match the lyrics.
AMV - ddp-RightNowSomeoneIsReadingThisTitle.avi It looks like everyone has seen this one.
AMV - Elissa - Mamboleo (Aokakesu Remix).mpg Can't help but to shake your booty for this one. ^_^
AMV - Evangelion - Monty Python - Asuka The Black Knight.mpe - Having a BS in computer science, of course I know this movie by heart. This was SOOO funny if you're a Monty Python and EVA fan.
AMV - Excel Saga - the big lebowski (watch ep 9 first).mpg - If you love Excel Saga, and remember the Big Lebowski, you'll love this little AMV.
AMV - Kodomo No Omocha_Caffeine encomium.mpg - I love Kodocha, the William Tell Overture has the right pace for the tornado named Sana.
AMV - MST3K - Evangelion.avi - Ditto what I said about M Python. Replace with Mystery Science Theater 3000.
AMV - Sailormoon - Blue Mercury - Blue.mpg - Sailor Mercury is MY girlfriend!
AMV - She's Always A Woman-various anime .mpg - A beautiful song about the women of anime... watching this you'll remember how much more compelling an animated character can be over a live action movie actress.
AMV - Utena-Tonbo-Snow_White-Someday_My_Prince_Will_Come.mov - Snow White is such a sugary sweet movie, and Utena is so NOT! Wow I loved it when that clashes!
AMV - YKK - Thousand Miles (DivX Fast).avi - YKK is my favorite anime so I might be partial to this one. (Hey NightWish you've definiately seen THIS one, ne?) This AMV wiggles the story around some, but it captures the feel of YKK very well.
Hellsing blood d Mitternacht spoilers.avi - Three great vampire animes and excellent German goth music?!?! What could be better? At the last AX AMV contest this one was actually shown at midnight. I don't know if that was an accident or not.
AMV - Trigun and Cowboy Bebop - Tainted Donuts.avi - Everyone has seen this one too. Awesome.
AMV - Macross - One Day More.avi - Anthony Bennet, who made this AMV, was a GENIOUS to recognize that the story and characters of Les Miserables are similar to Macross! Since I'm an ancient Macross fan, and I've seen Les Mis, watching this AMV at AX was one of the highest points of my anime hobby. It was funny at first, and so moving and uplifting at the end... many a fan in the audience were weeping like children. (Me too. ) Absolutely stunning. This is one AMV that is wonderful to watch over and over.
AMV - Soul of an Angel - ErMac.avi Justin Emerson is one of the masters of this art, and this is one of his best. If you liked mind-kicking Evangelion ending, you'll LOVE this AMV. Nearly breaks my brain watching it.
AMV - El Hazard - Once in a Lifetime.avi - I thought El Hazard was a bit dull, but this AMV takes the best part... the romance of Makoto and Ifurita... and packages it in a great Sarah Brightman song. Saves time that way.
AMV - Senshi on Springer.avi - A lof of Weird Al songs get made into comedy AMVs, but this one was amazing in how it showed what twistedly SICK and SUBVERSIVE anime Sailor Moon is!

Whoa, land's sake's have I written a lot... ^_^; I really love AMVs.
Uh... anyone else know some more good ones? I've been watching these things since they were cobbled togeter with two VCR's and a tape deck, so I've had to endure a lot of mediocre ones. Recommendations seem to work out best...

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 04:34   Link #10
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
AMV - Evangelion - Monty Python - Asuka The Black Knight.mpe - Having a BS in computer science, of course I know this movie by heart. This was SOOO funny if you're a Monty Python and EVA fan.
I think it should be called "Neon Genesis Python" instead.
Old 2003-12-09, 05:39   Link #11
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
AMV - YKK - Thousand Miles (DivX Fast).avi - YKK is my favorite anime so I might be partial to this one. (Hey NightWish you've definiately seen THIS one, ne?) This AMV wiggles the story around some, but it captures the feel of YKK very well.
Definitely - I believe I even mentioned it in a YKK or AMV thread on the last forum incarnation . It is really good too; it went a long way towards capturing some of the "essence" of the show ~ Sadly, a lot of the people I showed it to has been subjected to the song for months before hand -- I'd never heard it before watching the video -- and so it lowered the impact / mood for them; which is a shame.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 13:55   Link #12
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy
amv

I like the amv for naruto by limp bizket (my generation) and fl-cl (futures).
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:46   Link #13
SurfD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
I think it should be called "Neon Genesis Python" instead.
If you liked that one, see if you can dig up Holy Hand Grenade, by Kandelon. Just watching the assorted cast from Bastard! doing that sketch is enough to have me rolling around in stitches.
Old 2003-12-10, 03:50   Link #14
SurfD

Also, since a lot of people seem to share the same love of high quality AMV that I do (going to have to parse through this list and get some new stuff to add to the collection) has anyone seen/have a copy of a video, author unknown, footage from Oh! My goddess, song Beautiful Goodbye by Amanda Marshal??

I saw it about 3 years or more ago at an Anime North con, and it was one of the most moving and emotional AMVs I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Unfortunately, nothing I have ever tried has turned up a link to it, or who made it so I can try to get myself a copy.
Old 2003-12-11, 02:30   Link #15
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Sadly, a lot of the people I showed it to has been subjected to the song for months before hand -- I'd never heard it before watching the video -- and so it lowered the impact / mood for them; which is a shame.
Hey! Me too! How 'bout that? Now when I hear the song outside of the music video I'm reminded of YKK. (Maybe THAT's why I like AMV's)

Such a thing has happened often for me, since I don't watch MTV (don't have a TV) and most pop music is boring and repetitive. Some of the AMVs I can remember doing that are: that Bittersweet Symphony - Cowboy Bebop one, those couple with the music by Jim's Big Ego, and that one Kiss Me Deadly - FLCL apparently a cover by Reel Big Fish. Good AMV that... captured the fun :fingers: to everyone and everything which is FerlyKooleeeee.

Have you seen any other YKK amv? Also, are you sure the people you showed it to were YKK fans? Nearly everyone I've shown YKK to don't like it as much as I do. O'course that's understandable since it's currently holding the Kempis Curious Award for Best Anime I've Ever Seen, beating out 751 other contestants. I'm a bit biased, you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Brad DeMoss gets my vote for favorite AMV and over all quality. I didn't like his videos at first, but they grew on me.
I got to meet DeMoss at the last AX. He, along with Anthony Bennet (One Day More! - Macross, Silent Lucidity - CCS) and one other guy did a workshop on AMVs. Brad was a talkative party guy, Anthony the total opposite but both friendly. It was a total blast to chat with Anthony afterwards and get the inside scoop on the making of One Day More and Silent Lucidity. It's not often a person gets to talk to top masters of an artform, albeit a fairly obscure one. ^_^
What's more has DeMoss done? All I can ever remember is Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot - El Hazard and Iris - AMG.

-k

Ebba Zooba Hot Hot. A num num.

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2003-12-11 at 02:59.
Old 2003-12-11, 05:10   Link #16
Fronzel
Schmuck

Some random really good ones:

The Bounty Hunters Who Don't Do Anything (Bebop)

Aluminium Studios is very solid...I particually recomend Heaven's Door.

Evangelion Opus is amazing, but I can't find a place for anyone to download it (a grave injustice), and can't remember how I got it in the first place....in fact, ShonenDizzyCow is amazing in general...and you can't download any of his videos on AMV.org! Rei, Clone Trooper, Eva Potential, Akira Under My Skin, Symbolic Love Story…all excellant!

Someone mentioned ermac, and I'd like to second that, even though every video has an annoying 13 second intro.

And just because it's the most recent good one I've seen:

The Terrible Mr. Papacha!
Old 2003-12-11, 14:35   Link #17
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Oh yeah, AMVs, my life obsession

It'd take a long time to list all my favorites, so instead, I'll just do some shameless self-promotion (I can't help myself! :P ) *copy-paste from txt file*

Garylisk's Profile

Luna in Love (Remastered)

Excel in the Brain

The Yuki and Kyo Show

Growing Up and Closer... (REMASTERED EDITION)

DDR 4th Mix Project Track 31: Baby Baby Gimme Your Love

And for those who are curious, upcoming videos:

Kyo's Habit - Preview version (NOT FINAL!)

DDR 5th Mix Project track 35: Test My Best (Ranma 1/2)

Retro Video Game Project: Super Mario Bros. 2 - Insomnic OCRemix (Excel Saga)

Also be sure to check out my project, Short AMVs for Short People - We need more members!
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 15:30   Link #18
Hiromu Tagushi
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Hiromu Tagushi Send a message via MSN to Hiromu Tagushi
my fav AMVs are the kenshin ones..
RK - When I Grow Up (Garbage)
RK Seisouhen - Forgotten (Linkin Park)
RK (the first ova, i don't remember the name) - Crawling (Linkin Park)

there are others very good too, but i don't remember very well..
Hiromu Tagushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 19:33   Link #19
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Aluminium Studios is very solid...I particually recomend Heaven's Door.
I would also recommend Closer - Key the Metal Idol and Blue Mercury.

I may be biased because I really liked Key the Metal Idol and Sailor Mercury.

I wonder how much that affects a persons feelings about an AMV?

-k

curious
Old 2003-12-11, 20:52   Link #20
Lambda

Quote:
I would also recommend Closer - Key the Metal Idol and Blue Mercury.

I may be biased because I really liked Key the Metal Idol and Sailor Mercury.

I wonder how much that affects a persons feelings about an AMV?
Well, Blue Mercury is one of my firm favourites, despite at the time of watching having never seen any Sailor Moon. (Seen only a few episodes now.)

But then my absolute favourite Aluminium one is Try, and Lain is, well you can tell from the avatar.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amv