AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 05:05   Link #401
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I really hope you're kidding about Koyomi wanting and seeking a harem ending because he's pretty set on a monogamous relationship by the end of the Bakemonogatari, let alone Nisemonogatari. He is a pervert though.
I agree to this. I think Koyomi only loves Hitagi and is already in a relationship with her so he isnt really interested in creating a harem but like you said, he is a pervert and just wants to do the other girls and that's about it
Old 2009-11-12, 05:20   Link #402
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I agree to this. I think Koyomi only loves Hitagi and is already in a relationship with her so he isnt really interested in creating a harem but like you said, he is a pervert and just wants to do the other girls and that's about it
Yea, that sounds about right.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:30   Link #403
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Well it's not like he seriously wants to "do" them. His perversions are just one of the gags in the series. He likes to banter and each of the girls gives him something different. Hitagi is someone he can have an intimate relationship with and spar verbally with to his heart's content. This is actually one of the things he loves most about her. Hanekawa is someone he can go to for advice. Kanbaru is his best friend. Mayoi gives him someone where he doesn't have to be on guard with and can just be a dumbass. I don't really know what Nadeko offers him though. Maybe she's the ideal younger sister that people who don't have younger sisters fantasize about.

P.S. He's actually had a few opportunities to "do" a some of the girls and just didn't.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:31   Link #404
Kunagisa

Quote:
Well it's not like he seriously wants to "do" them. His perversions are just one of the gags in the series. He likes to banter and each of the girls gives him something different. Hitagi is someone he can have an intimate relationship with and spar verbally with to his heart's content. This is actually one of the things he loves most about her. Hanekawa is someone he can go to for advice. Kanbaru is his best friend. Mayoi gives him someone where he doesn't have to be on guard with and can just be a dumbass. I don't really know what Nadeko offers him though. Maybe she's the ideal younger sister that people who don't have younger sisters fantasize about.

P.S. He's actually had a few opportunities to "do" a some of the girls and just didn't.
Somehow, I didn't really think of them as a character type, I thought more of them as the personality type.

Hitagi: the cold maiden (ms. verbal spar partner)
Hanekawa: your advisor (ms. perfect)
Nadeko: the shy acquaintance (ms. so-moeeee-showcase-that-needs-to-exist-in-every-series)
Kanbaru: reliable friend (ms. hyper-charged-B+up)
Mayoi: the idiot stooge (ms. dumb-but-sometimes-insightful)
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:57   Link #405
Dark Mage

Quote:

But he did do it with Hitagi right? And he already turned down Hanekawa because he clearly said that he is already in love with Hitagi ad Hitagi said to him that its alright to have feelings for other girls but she wont tolerate if he acts on this feelings right?
Old 2009-11-12, 17:19   Link #406
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Kanbaru is his best friend. Mayoi gives him someone where he doesn't have to be on guard with and can just be a dumbass.
But I thought MAYOI was suppose to be his best of best friend.....

Quote:
But he did do it with Hitagi right? And he already turned down Hanekawa because he clearly said that he is already in love with Hitagi ad Hitagi said to him that its alright to have feelings for other girls but she wont tolerate if he acts on this feelings right?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-12, 18:57   Link #407
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
But I thought MAYOI was suppose to be his best of best friend.....

Spoiler:
yea... You wanna spoil that part for us? Why did he turn her down?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:16   Link #408
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Well since it seems there is a need for it I guess I can give a detailed summary of Kizu.

Spoiler for Major spoiler on Kizu:
FINALLY!
I managed to get a hand (well not really) on a Kizu translation!
Baka-tsuki was taking too long, though there's nothing we can do about it...novel translators are like...a gift from above...
Many thanks for this one~

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:51   Link #409
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Ok, I finished up chapter 3 of Kizu over in the translation thread. As a reminder I hope everyone can keep the translation thread free of banter. I appreciate everyone's thanks but please keep it in the discussion thread.

All in all, that took a longgggg time, honestly I don't know how ickem did it with chapter 3 of Cat.
Old 2009-11-21, 23:35   Link #410
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Well thanks for your efforts, hopefully I can be that understanding of the Japanese language soon. (Working on it.)
Old 2009-11-22, 20:39   Link #411
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Well since it seems there is a need for it I guess I can give a detailed summary of Kizu.

Spoiler for Major spoiler on Kizu:

Wow. Fantastic summary of Kizu, mind if I can copy this to Baka-Tsuki as a preview summary script?

Perhaps it can help stimulate some help in recruiting some interest to the project....
Old 2009-11-23, 08:27   Link #412
Westlo
Lets be reality

Slightly on topic question for the Bakemonogatari novel readers, have you guys read Nisio's first series in Zaregoto and how does it compare to Bakemonogatari? Zaregoto seems to have been a lot more popular among the light novel fanbase in japan than Bakemonogatari was.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 18:57   Link #413
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Slightly on topic question for the Bakemonogatari novel readers, have you guys read Nisio's first series in Zaregoto and how does it compare to Bakemonogatari? Zaregoto seems to have been a lot more popular among the light novel fanbase in japan than Bakemonogatari was.
A lot more characters, a lot more side plot, a lot more bloody, a lot more mystery, and a ton more to talk about.

I-kun/I-chan probably has a bigger harem than Araragi (I can only use the word probably because more would be heavy spoiler).

In fact, back in 2007, Zaregoto's more popular among Nisio Isin's readers. KEEP IN MIND ONLY BAKEMONOGATARI (both of them) WAS WRITTEN AT THE TIME OF THIS POLL, Kizu comes half a year later, and Nise after that. Zaregoto was finished 2 years before this poll, and Ningen spin off series' Volume 2 was one year before.

As you can see from below, the highest at the time from Monogatari series is Gahara-san at 5th, then Araragi at 13th. Though until Zaregoto gets an anime, I think the Monogatari characters would be most popular.

Old 2009-11-28, 13:48   Link #414
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It seems like a kind person by the name of Kerrichan has been translating Hitagi Crab over in Baka-Tsuki. I thought that I should mention that to people here.
Old 2009-11-29, 08:11   Link #415
Tabasco

Sweet deal, I thought the first two were being skipped over for some reason since no one was on them.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 09:49   Link #416
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Sweet deal, I thought the first two were being skipped over for some reason since no one was on them.
The Baka-Tsuki translator is clearly a Hanekawa fan.
Old 2009-11-29, 11:21   Link #417
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
The Baka-Tsuki translator is clearly a Hanekawa fan.
There's more than one of them
Old 2009-11-29, 12:28   Link #418
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
There's more than one of them
I thought there's only one working on Bake specifically. Alas, it matters not. They are all heretics for translating Kizu first! Death to infidels! Then again, Hitagi is not my favorite either, so it doesn't matter =)
Old 2009-11-29, 15:24   Link #419
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Personally, I'm a Kissshot fan and that's why I'm doing Kizu. But also because it is the first in terms of chronologically.
Old 2009-11-30, 16:38   Link #420
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've updated the opening post for the translation thread.

Question for Omimon: Are you planning to translate chapter 1-2, or have you or someone already translated those chapters and submitted somewhere? In an effort to keep myself spoiler-free I haven't been looking around much, so apologies ahead for missing out.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance