AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-08, 09:40   Link #161
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
baka tsuki has quite a few light novels in translation at the moment, although for liscensed stuff it's slim pickings because serial novels kind of have died due to the pushing of books in west compared to asia.
I mean I want the Lucky Star Light Novels translated... I haven't seen 'em yet.
Old 2010-02-10, 05:30   Link #162
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@kuroshinigami:

No, it doesn't end at Volume 14. I haven't read it, so I'm not 100% sure, but this is a review from a Japanese blog I found, and I've translated it here for you.

Spoiler for Volume 14:

This comes from: Japanese Blog

Just that I guess. It's still continuing, but looks like it may be wrapping up soon. We'll see.
Old 2010-02-10, 22:12   Link #163
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I guess I need to read it more closely when I have time XD
Old 2010-02-15, 20:53   Link #164
john_kun
Banned

I just wanted to say that new seinen named Burning Hell has come out.

So if you are fan of violent seinen you should check it out. it's bloody gruesome I tell you
Old 2010-02-20, 07:11   Link #165
NeoSam

PHP Institute (not a major manga publisher) will start publishing light novels:

PHP Institute to Start the Light Novel Label Smash Bunko

The new light novel label Smash Bunko seems to be obviously aimed at male audience (not to mention that one of the major japanese online shops does mention them to be aimed at the shounen readership).

And, YAY YAY Kodansha will start publsihing male oriented light novels

Kodansha is Recruiting Editors for Male Oriented Light Novels

If you have been keeping up with light novels, you'll know that Kodansha currently only publishes female oriented light novels (under the shoujo light novel label X Bunko white heart), and general/mainstream oriented novels/light novels (under the Kodansha Novels and Kodansha Box labels).

Now, I'm hoping that Akita Shoten will enter the light novel industry... this publisher seems to me to be the only major shounen/shoujo/seinen/josei manga publisher that hasn't entered the light novel publishing industry yet.
Old 2010-03-03, 12:27   Link #166
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Nakagawa Shoko's Story will be released today.

May launch: title page?

April launch: First volume?

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-03-14 at 02:17.
Old 2010-06-07, 13:56   Link #167
Kunagisa

According to Young Ace's website, Sugar Dark is getting a manga already.

Old 2010-07-31, 17:58   Link #168
NeoSam

Ok, some great news

Takarajimasha (the publisher of light novel guide "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!") will start publishing light novels under its new upcoming light novel label Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! Bunko:
http://www.lightnovel.org/2010/07/31...ga-sugoi-bunko

The first light novels to be published under this new light novel label will be released on September 10th, 2010.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-07-31 at 18:12.
Old 2010-08-03, 15:21   Link #169
Kunagisa

Iruma Hitoma's "The Liar Mi-kun and the Broken Ma-chan" is getting a manga adaptation~~ (WE FINALLY GET TO SEE WHAT MI-KUN LOOKS LIKE WEEEE).

This already has a live action adaptation scheduled for next year, and there are already 9 (+1 short story) volumes of light novel out. Maybe it will get an anime soon if the popularity continues! More yandere!!!

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-08-03 at 15:47.
Old 2010-08-05, 01:23   Link #170
Nerroth
NePoi!

I dunno if it's been mentioned already, but the first part of an online manga series promoting the 50th anniversary of the US-Japan Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security has been posted.

(There was an article about it on the BBC News site!)

Actually, the art style kind of reminds me a bit of that used in the Fate/Tiger Colosseum games.

What the locals in places like Okinawa might make of it is up for debate, I guess.
Old 2010-09-16, 01:57   Link #171
Kunagisa

Kara no Kyoukai/空の境界's now available for reading at Seikaisha's Saizensen's homepage, which finally went live. The goal of this website is to provide free comic and novel etc. With the grand opening, there are currently 3 manga, and two new novels. If nothing else, the website itself is worth checking out cause the front page looks kinda cool.

Also worth noting that Shiomiya Iruka, mangaka of Hijitsuzai Suiri Shoujo Aaya/非実在推理少女あ〜や (the other title that's available for reading at Saizensen), will begin serializing Zerozaki Soushiki no Ningen Shiken/零崎双識の人間試験 in Kodansha's Afternoon magazine (3 chapters have been previously published in Kodansha's Pandora before).

PS: TAKE, the original character design for Nisio Isin's light novel Zaregoto and Katanagatari has, her own gallery in the website (though nothing much is on it at the moment).
Old 2010-09-21, 12:16   Link #172
SidVicious
Anime addict

Sequel Manga to Genshiken Announced

According to Afternoon magazine, a sequel manga to Genshiken was announced to start in December issue to be released on October 25th. The title is "Genshiken Nidaime" and the fifth president Ogiue Chika struggles to keep the new freshman members of Genshiken.

Source: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=261832
Old 2010-09-22, 15:04   Link #173
Kunagisa

Somewhat "old" but went unnoticed news ...

Sword Art Online is getting a manga serialization, for the life of me I can't find the entry here (though you can clearly see the Accel World one).

Here's the cover page for the manga (wtf ... Asuna ...)

For the sake of completion, there is currently two ongoing mangas for Accel World (same author as Sword Art Online) as well (I can't find the entries on MU). There is another Sword Art Online manga (title written in Hiragana) also.

Here are the manga titles with the respective artist's webpage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ch
アクセル・ワールド 合鴨ひろゆき(ttp://package.fantasia.to/aigamo/)
あくちぇる・わーるど。 あかりりゅりゅ羽(ttp://www.aa.alpha-net.ne.jp/ryu2w/)

電撃文庫MAGAZINEで連載中
ソードアート・オンライン 中村貯子(ttp://shift.6.ql.bz/)
そーどあーと☆おんらいん。 南十字星(ttp://www11.big.or.jp/~isogai/)
Old 2010-09-26, 05:01   Link #174
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nice....didn't know Accel World had a manga.....

anyway, Takemiya Yuyuko's (author of Toradora!) new work Golden Time has been recently released.

link

blog report

Story is school romance commedy centered around university life. Threeway love triangle it seems....

Illustrator is Komatsu Eeji (Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu)
Old 2010-10-11, 02:07   Link #175
Kunagisa

Another of my "really interested in" light novel gets adapted to manga and just went on sale a two days ago. 神さまのいない日曜日 or Kamisama no inai Nichiyoubi (as introduced by Doraneko here and here).

The announcement was back in September

Spoiler for size:

Webpage

Spoiler for size:

Artist would be 肋兵器 / Abaraheiki, serializing in Dragon Age Comics.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:43   Link #176
cereal_killerxx

So me and my friend decided that we are going to start a translation group for manga. Only problem is, we need a list of some manga that hasn't been translated by other groups or has been discontinued. Any help?
Old 2010-10-17, 20:48   Link #177
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
So me and my friend decided that we are going to start a translation group for manga. Only problem is, we need a list of some manga that hasn't been translated by other groups or has been discontinued. Any help?
I think you should do this backward. Start with a series you're interested in and have the raws/translators/proofreader/editor/qc to support it, then go to MU see if someone's already scanlating it etc. etc.

Unless your resource pool is that huge and is willing to take whatever series, in that case you should just ask people for project suggestion.

The list of manga that hasn't been translated or discontinued is way too large to list anywhere (even MU doesn't have all the titles in the database).
Old 2010-10-21, 17:34   Link #178
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think you should do this backward. Start with a series you're interested in and have the raws/translators/proofreader/editor/qc to support it, then go to MU see if someone's already scanlating it etc. etc.

Unless your resource pool is that huge and is willing to take whatever series, in that case you should just ask people for project suggestion.

The list of manga that hasn't been translated or discontinued is way too large to list anywhere (even MU doesn't have all the titles in the database).
I was asking people... That's why I posted this message here because I don't really know anyone.

Any suggestions for manga translations for manga that has never been translated or has been discontinued? Leave a comment or send me a PM please and thanks.
Old 2010-12-08, 00:22   Link #179
Fate/Tsukihime

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51087740.html
This novel looks interesting. Is there anyone going to do the translation?
Old 2010-12-08, 01:36   Link #180
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate/Tsukihime View Post
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51087740.html
This novel looks interesting. Is there anyone going to do the translation?
Funny you asked.

Hentai Ouji to Waranai Neko/Perverted Prince and the Stony Cat broke MF Bunko J's all time quickest sale record by selling 50k+ copies in a month with its initial volume (Link).

Would be nice if someone translates it indeed =). Not to mention Kantoku's illustrations are holy super cute ... and I have a thing for fat cats ... yeah ... HEY DON'T LAUGH >__<!

Spoiler for fat cat:

You can also find quite a few illustrations in the link in the previous post, but that website is not entirely SFW.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-02-15 at 08:10.
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases