AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 75 59.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 15:48   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, Level 3 isn't the name of the disease. he blatantly says it is a "stage of the disease".
L3 is also an indication that for now, the subject cannot be cured by any means. (that means L1 and L2 can be cured right now, but not beyond this point)
Old 2007-08-11, 15:51   Link #42
MrZombie

Look, it's a possible spoiler. It's not called level three, it's the stage of the disease she's at alright? Now just wait and it'll eventually be explained.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:51   Link #43
StrayChild
Banned

Perhaps the fansubber got it wrong, but it does not eliminate the possibility her disease was named in the episode.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:53   Link #44
MrZombie

It is not named.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:00   Link #45
StrayChild
Banned

You know, you really need to cut it out with the attitude. I didn't come here to get yelled at and treated badly. The fansubber had Dr. Irie saying she had a disease called L3. And I do believe that if that is not her disease, it was mentioned in that episode. Either way, you should not treat people that way.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:07   Link #46
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Let's stay calm, people. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayChild View Post
The fansubber had Dr. Irie saying she had a disease called L3. And I do believe that if that is not her disease, it was mentioned in that episode. Either way, you should not treat people that way.
It's an understandable error if one haven't played the game. Since Irie simply said "Satoko-chan is L3", those who hears it for the first time probably thought L3 = name of illness. However, game vets will know that "L3" simply refers to the stage of the illness, in this case, Satoko is at Level 3.

The name of the illness will be revealed eventually, as we dive deeper into the relationship between Irie and Rika. For now, just think of it as a forshadowing.

The illness name is not revealed yet. It's quite a fancy name so I would've noticed if it was mentioned.

EDIT: Ok, he really said "Satoko-chan is level 3". Either way, just give it a few more episodes, it'll become clear eventually. ^^;
Old 2007-08-11, 16:11   Link #47
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayChild View Post
Dr. Irie gives the name of her disease, which is apparently L3. Someone must know what it is.O_O
Irie says "Level 3" in an engirsh way, which I assume to be a highly advanced stage of some type of disease/condition.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:14   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

in fact, Irie also said "this stage", so it is 100% sure it isn't the disease itself ^^
and well, considering the various confirmation of both spoiled and gamer parties, no worry about it.

that said, the name of the disease is really not a critical information

EDIT: "Satoko-chan LEVEL 3 desu". (there is maybe a particle after "chan", but i way cannot confirm this)
looks like the missing word is implied, since Rika already knows about it as well. (that can be translated as "Satoko-chan's ... is level 3"). that said, the "stage" mention after this is self explanatory.
oh well
Old 2007-08-11, 16:20   Link #49
StrayChild
Banned

In the fansub I saw, Dr. Irie's exact line was translated as: "Satoko has L3". The stuff about it not yet being curable was mentioned a little after that.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:25   Link #50
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
You know, you really need to cut it out with the attitude. I didn't come here to get yelled at and treated badly.
Err... you know. He just said a matter of fact thing, you are just being over-paranoid. Take what you read on the Internet with a grain of salt and with an open mind. Half of the time you think someone is insulting you it's just your imagination. Either that or in this universe you will be the one going nuts and killing everyone else

Quote:
The fansubber had Dr. Irie saying she had a disease called L3.
It was a loose translation. The original was something like "ただ。。。何度も説明したとおり、沙都子ちゃんはレヴェル3です。" which can be roughly translated as "It's just that... as I've explained many times before, Satoko (is/is in) Level 3." Don't take every fansub you see as an oracle of truth. They can make mistakes as well.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:35   Link #51
StrayChild
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
Look, it's a possible spoiler. It's not called level three, it's the stage of the disease she's at alright? Now just wait and it'll eventually be explained.
You don't think that's rude?>_>;

And I already said that. I was just putting what the fansub said exactly, since some people seemed to be getting confused. If what I was asking to know was the result of a translation mistake and/or a spoiler, there were certainly nicer ways to go about telling me. There's no need for anyone to become so irritated and hostile.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:46   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
^^
No offence but you may be a little paranoid here. I didn't read anything there that was close to being rude. Your being a bit sensitive about the whole thing.

Anyways when I heard that for a moment I did think that L3 was the name of the disease. Pretty bad naming no doubt. But listening I did hear him say Level 3 and since that would be the worst name for a disease ever it seemed pretty obvious it was a stage of whatever Satoko has. No trying to get back to positive discussions on the episode.

Am curious what it is Satoko has. She doesn't seem to be suffering all that much though I'd want to know what's up. Plus it might be possible when Rika's friends are losing it in the other worlds this disease might be related? Perhaps she had been trying to inject them with the cure to the earlier levels of the disease.

Excellent episode I thought. We really learned something important in terms to some of these rules.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:53   Link #53
StrayChild
Banned

I know when a person is being rude, thank you very much, and I certainly don't appreciate people telling me I'm paranoid for that. The whole tone of that post was really nasty towards me, just for asking a simple question, and it was uncalled for.

I like this episode, still.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:54   Link #54
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Having played the several fan-translated chapters of Minagoroshi-hen, for the first time I was able to put myself in the shoes of those who have been comparing the anime and the game ever since it begun. I think DEEN did a very good job, although a bit more time and emphasis on Rika's rebellion against fate would have ben the icing on the cake, IMO. Somehow avoiding being spoiled about the story to this point, I am really curious about Satoko's illness. At first I thought that maybe some conjectures from Season 1 were true and everyone in the village does suffer from a stange illness which in some way leads to the Great Disaster. But if they control the symptoms even in irrecoverable cases like Satoko it seems somewhat pointless to kill everyone. Unless the sign of the illness spirallnig out of control is Rika's murder which would be some weird logic at work indeed.

All in all, it felt like a very good introduction to Minagoroshi-hen, I might be imagining it because I knew it beforehand but it really felt as if this tiem there will be major revelations just around the corner.

P.S. I probably should know that already but how many episodes will the second season have?

Old 2007-08-11, 16:56   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ season 2 will have 24 episodes
Old 2007-08-11, 17:13   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems like Hanyuu is more like a voice of moderation than anything. When Rika was getting depressed she seemed to be trying to get her spirits back up. But when talking about Keiichi possibly remembering she seemed to try and keep her from too much optimism.

At any rate it's troublesome if they are able to move in decreasing amounts back in time. It'll be a serious problem if they can't solve this problem soon. Since eventually if they don't have enough power when Rika dies that'll be the end of it.

Guess not experiencing so many failures in the past helps with Keiichi. He's got no problem fighting against fate and wanting to take it down. That guy really has some skills at times. Managing to avoid the crazy Shion route by giving that doll out to Mion. At least if Rika has some hope and is willing to fight there is a chance. Doesn't seem like things will resolve themselves by chance after all.
Old 2007-08-11, 17:53   Link #57
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Takano looks cute in that nurse uniform. :/
Old 2007-08-11, 18:57   Link #58
Gsus

Well, if you listen very carefully (he will say it only once), Dr. Irie says that Satoko has "Level 3".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flareknight
Seems like Hanyuu is more like a voice of moderation than anything. When Rika was getting depressed she seemed to be trying to get her spirits back up. But when talking about Keiichi possibly remembering she seemed to try and keep her from too much optimism.
And that is what's troubling me. KOOL K, Ehm, Keiichi has shown, on multiple occasions, that he is able and willing to change fate "as Rika knows it". A time warping ethereal spirit vs Rika and K-kun?
Old 2007-08-11, 19:13   Link #59
myopius

Keiichi is very cool. Way to cheer up Rika. I really enjoyed the part of their conversation where he said he could tell she'd been bored. The part where Rika drank the hot sauce, or whatever it was, was also quite awesome.

I really can't understand Rika too well. It shouldn't be hard to change things, even if all you do is say, "I want to go home" or "Keiichi, can I pick my seat through the lottery before you?" and right away you change the way the game occurred. Well, some of the major things would certainly be more difficult, so I guess she's just become totally disillusioned with her ability such that she doesn't even see the occasions when she could make a little difference.

Somebody mentioned this already, but it doesn't help when Hanyuu talks fatalistically, even though she means well. Hanyuu clearly has a human personality and tries to be a good friend, but she could certainly use lessons from Keiichi in some respects (then again, Keiichi is way better at friendship than most people would be expected to be, isn't he... x.x).

So Rika was about to yell out "Keiichi" near the end there, but quieted when he gave the doll to Mion. Was she going to say "Keiichi, give it to Mion"? That's pretty direct, if I were here I'd try to say, "Mion, isn't that the doll you told me you thought was pretty the other day?" and when Mion denies it Keiichi won't believe her and will give her the doll. But it seems she didn't need to. Well, what matter is that she had the courage to try to change things there, even if the action itself would've been redundant.

Anyway, is it really the case that every time the doll is given to Rena, Meakashi-hen occurs? That's kind of troublesome. And I wonder how Rika knows that the doll is the trigger, in one of these past worlds did she really piece it together? Or maybe it's just experience, that she remembers that fine difference occurred in the ones where Shion went berserk. Yeah, that's probably it.

Last edited by myopius; 2007-08-12 at 21:49.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:40   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I really can't understand Rika too well. It shouldn't be hard to change things, even if all you do is say, "I want to go home" or "Keiichi, can I pick my seat through the lottery before you?" and right away you change the way the game occurred. Well, some of the major things would certainly be more difficult, so I guess she's just become totally disillusioned with her ability such that she doesn't even see the occasions when she could make a little difference.
the problem isn't exactly the difficulty, but rather the meaningless aspect of various actions she did after more than hundred years with this insane circle.
Quote:
So Rika was about to yell out "Keiichi" near the end there, but quieted when he gave the doll to Mion. Was she going to say "Keiichi, give it to Mion"? That's pretty direct, if I were here I'd try to say, "Mion, isn't that the doll you told me you thought was pretty the other day?" and when Mion denies it Keiichi won't believe her and will give her the doll. But it seems she didn't need to. Well, what matter is that she had the courage to try to change things there, even if the action itself would've been redundant.
Spoiler for explanations from the game:

Quote:
Anyway, is it really the case that every time the doll is given to Rena, Meakashi-hen occurs? That's kind of troublesome. And I wonder how Rika knows that the doll is the trigger, in one of these past worlds did she really piece it together? Or maybe it's just experience, that she remembers that fine difference occurred in the ones where Shion went berserk. Yeah, that's probably it.
The toy store event doesn't happen all the time.
But each time Keiichi gives the doll to Rena (which happens 100% of the time before minagoroshi), shion goes berserk.
She was then able to conclude that when the toy store event happens, it has 100% chance that it will turn into watanagashi/meakashi.
Quote:
Spoiler for Allusion to major future plot spoiler:
Pieces are done so they give the hard and solid truth on a silver plate.
You could even get the "how" and "why" if you proceeded in your read, so well, good point for you at least...

And no, Yakusamashi is hardly a good chapter to put the solid information, otherwise Minagoroshi would have its impact extremely lessened. they have the time to develop the pieces anyway. they were able to stretch a lot of things with only Reunion and Yakusamashi, so don't worry about it too much. we will see.

Quote:
Oh, and people are saying they left out some of the rules at the start of the episode? Maybe it's because they want to introduce them later. I can't believe they didn't have time, since they had time for Rika to reference all the previous tragedies which they could have cut if something else was important.
they might introduce it later, but the introduction was extremely important, since it gives many insight aside of the rules and the like.
but it is maybe too "spoilerish" maybe, especially that people got big informations while it was not in the game, but from yakusamashi hen. (the clear vision of the janitors, that is)
Quote:
I've heard that these upcoming arcs aren't as bloody as most of the previous ones, and all these recent episodes have just been a slow, depressing and Rika-centric, so although I love Rika and don't mind melancholy, I'm hoping that they called it the "massacre" chapter because Shion, and Rena team up and go on a killing spree the last episode, not because they're referring to the Disaster.
You didn't get the true meaning of the title.
just wait for its end, you will understand why it is called massacre anyway.

EDIT : whaa, checking back the game, they sure go straightfoward.
too bad they skipped some cute discussion between Rika and Hanyuu (satoko raised in a cage? whaa? )
also, how Rika is forced to "stick with fate" (the 50.000 yens issue..) and losing more and more interest in the world as it is (nore more surprise, no more excitement, and so in extent, maybe no more feelings: struggling to stay furude rika)
at least, they draw her silly idea "50.000 yens of soy sauce!"

gah... if only they could pull that memorable "you DO want it Mion!", with everyone, hanyuu included, laughing ^^" (oh well, maybe it is as cute ne?)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-11 at 20:24.
Closed Thread