AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-22, 12:17   Link #21
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yuina needs more screen time, she's just too good.

Just when i think we were going to get some Grandma and Ohana bonding she stays herself and orders Ohana back to the Inn. Ohana did show some concern, but she can't go against her wishes.

So Ko is going to visit Ohana. Sounds good, but why do i have a bad feeling because Ohana didn't get the message.

Lol at Ren folding under pressure, never would have thought that.

Wow, Takako really got on my nerves this ep. Beanman is just awesome. Have to give Ohana props for putting a plan like this together, hope she can pull through.
Old 2011-05-22, 12:28   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was thinking the same, except I thought Minko would be the better choice since she said herself she can't cook any meals (and therefore is pretty much useless right now) and she's closer to Tohru than Ohana is.
She said she could still help with the food preparation, and Ren needs all the help he can get...
Old 2011-05-22, 12:39   Link #23
tezu

Decent episode, probably the best episode since episode 2. I wonder why Yuina gets close to no screentime at all...she's my favorite among the four girls together with Nakochi.

The only thing that bothered me was that they just HAD to make Ohana go and get Tooru again, it's so obvious the writers want to develop this love polygon with all their might. I find it very suspicious that they turned the serious Ren-san into a nervous wreck; you'd think someone with that much experience would be used to it, it's not like Kissuiso has always been this empty that pressure is a completely new thing for him.
But of course, by twisting things like that, Ohana gets to demonstrate her impulsiveness (lack of consideration) and Tooru once again becomes the center of everyone's attention. If we're "lucky", Ko will join the cast soon and we're gonna drown in shoujo-esque drama full with misunderstandings and confusion.
Old 2011-05-22, 12:43   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally Kou-chan came!

The episode itself was pure boredom though, except the very end, which ended in a nice way... as in, an interesting way. It isn't very nice imagining that stupid girl barging in on something important again though.
The person that speaks English occasionally is incredibly annoying.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-05-22, 12:50   Link #25
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Finally Kou-chan came!

The episode itself was pure boredom though, except the very end, which ended in a nice way... as in, an interesting way. It isn't very nice imagining that stupid girl barging in on something important again though.
The person that speaks English occasionally is incredibly annoying.
I know isn't it great.^_^ I will be upset though if they for some reason don't make any progress.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:03   Link #26
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Mostly, I felt "I know you're the main character and all, but you should definitely have delegated that task, probably to Jiroumaru."
Wait a minute. You wanna trust Jiroumaru with doing something important? ANYONE would trust Jiroumaru with doing something important?

I guess the idea that they can wring through it without having their least experianced waitress around for awhile, but they definitely can't afford to not have a non BSODing Chef.

Though in terms of plotting, it's fairly obvious they're setting up a potential point of plot conflict with Ohana/Tohru. Since this is the SECOND time she's come dashing to him unannounced declaring that the inn vitally needs him. I continue to grow amused at people asserting that this was all going to be some easily resolved misunderstanding.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:03   Link #27
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Boring episode. The uncle and Takako's schtick is getting old, but luckily not too much time was spent on them.

Is Minko aware of how Ohana is unknowingly planting flags with Tooru?
Old 2011-05-22, 13:07   Link #28
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Well, Minchi did call her a balut when Ohana left...
Old 2011-05-22, 13:09   Link #29
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I'm pretty sure she´s aware that Ohana is setting herself up some flags with Tooru. She did look a bit upset/bothered when Ohana yet again left to go for Tooru.

Oh Minko...Please, don´t just talk the talk while Ohana walks the walk. If you really want to get him to notice you, then you gotta do something.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:10   Link #30
ipodi

Excellent episode. The scene where Ohana puts away her cell phone even though Ko has left her 5 messages showed exactly how far she has bloomed since coming to the inn.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:18   Link #31
DorkingtonPugsly

Yes! Finally some good drama is making it's way into the show. The last few episodes kinda seemed to lack that vibe. idk. But still this is awesome and I HATE that I have to wait a whole week to see what happens! AAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I really wanted ko-chan and ohana's relationship to progress and well this is going to be interesting. I thought the ending was great too how Ohana just cracks the door open and the light shines on her eyes. I'm a sucker for those kinda scenes. >~< I like it when they end the episode with the ending song, it's great for cliffhanger kinda endings to an episode like this.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:48   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Just when i think we were going to get some Grandma and Ohana bonding she stays herself and orders Ohana back to the Inn. Ohana did show some concern, but she can't go against her wishes....
Ohana going off and doing her work and saving the Inn once again will create more bonding than anything else ever could. Her seeing Grandma's notebook has already bonded her a bit.

And to those who expect an OhanaxTooru ending: not going to happen, mark my words. Misunderstandings and Minchi blowups, perhaps, but nothing more. Ohana may (it's barely possible) end up with no-one, but if anyone ends up with Tooru, it's going to be Minchi. I'll take it back if things work out differently, but they won't.

As for OhanaxKou, Ohana melted a bit when she talked to Kou, but she did not get that he was really coming right then, and with an emergency at work, the writers want us to believe that she has no time to call him back.

I wonder if Kou-chan is the mystery guest, at the other inn at least. Not sure how that could be, but in this show perfect rationality is not part of the deal.

Yes, the "management consultant" is deeply annoying. Silly situation-comedy at its worst. But at least she has been thrown into the ditch by Ohana.

I'm with those who think this was a very good episode -- at least after we got the consultant off the screen.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-05-22, 14:17   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Wait a minute. You wanna trust Jiroumaru with doing something important? ANYONE would trust Jiroumaru with doing something important?
It may be important, but it's fairly simple. Go there, ask him to come back. Two more considerations:
- it may turn out to be a wild goose chase, since they don't know precisely where he is, or which wedding he's attending.
- there's the backup plan of trying his phone again and again. Maybe he'll turn it on at some point.

Quote:
I guess the idea that they can wring through it without having their least experianced waitress around for awhile, but they definitely can't afford to not have a non BSODing Chef.
Chances are, Ohana's better under pressure than Nako. More importantly, they need hands. They don't have to be that experienced, but they have to be there. And if they can't get Tohru - a real possibility no matter who goes, they'll just have to do the best they can with Ren. Maybe someone could have gone and given him a peptalk or something.
Old 2011-05-22, 14:32   Link #34
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wonder if Kou-chan is the mystery guest, at the other inn at least. Not sure how that could be, but in this show perfect rationality is not part of the deal.
I originally thought the same. It would be kinda odd for him to go see Ohana in the middle of the school year on some random weekend by himself. But then again, why would he be nominated as a mystery guest(which is how I assumed these things worked)? Since it sounded a bit too far-fetched, I thought it not possible.
Old 2011-05-22, 14:42   Link #35
sikvod00

LOL. If Ko is the mystery guest, that really calls impartiality into question (if he's actually a guest at Kissuiso).

Edit: I'm curious to see what larger role (if any) Yuina will play in this series, besides providing some friendly support to Ohana (and being adorable).

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-05-22 at 14:52.
Old 2011-05-22, 17:21   Link #36
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
What a weird episode. "Ugh" at Ren turning into a nervous wreck like that. Way to ruin what could of potentially been a great character. I honestly can never look at him the same again.

Kou coming to visit Ohana without telling her, what a surprise. This can only end badly and/or awkwardly. I guess it would be nice to have some more character development of Kou, not much is really known about him, I guess he deserves some more screen time.

Ohana running off to get Tooru makes me want to vomit, not because I hate Tooru's guts but because it's just such an insane thing to do, it doesn't make sense. I mean, guess it makes sense based on Ohana's character, but something seems off about the whole thing. The only reason I can see this happening is if this is a set up for some scene of Tooru hooking up with a chick at the wedding, and Ohana sees it, can't tell Minko, blah blah blah.

Even though a lot went on, I still felt it was a pretty boring episode, a lot of annoying things happened. Also, am I the only one who wants a OhanaXNobody ending? Actually, I guess it'll depend on what kind of guy Kou is, but I'd like it if they just stayed friends. ~_~
Old 2011-05-22, 18:11   Link #37
Seihai
スマイリウム

I really liked the two women where the epic fail writer barged in to check. lol

Ohana, we already know you can think straight. I suggest you add some more thought lines though... because (the guys who did the script) you will definitely trigger drama in at least two or three ways.
Old 2011-05-22, 19:24   Link #38
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You know, I enjoyed this episode but am a little disappointed with Ko going to visit Ohana out of no where. When did he and how did he find out where she went? I don't remember there being any mention of that, which led my prediction and hope that he goes to Ohana's inn and meets her by chance. Plus he's putting the ball in her court yet again by going to visit her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Now this is what I'm talking about. I really liked this episode but I have a horrible premonition that a massive unfortunate misunderstanding is going to happen between Ko and Ohana and that's the last thing I want.
I really hope that doesn't happen. That'd be so stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That short scene with Yuina was great. Damnit, when will she get more screentime?! I'm dying to see more of her. Needs more Heron too.
Yes, we really do need more Yuina. I'm starting to think she is only in the OP and ED and promotional material for service sake.

Quote:
The biggest surprise of this episode came from Ren. I never thought he was the type of person who can't handle pressure. He's always been so cool and confident until now. His "nya~" cracked me up
Heh, that was really funny. You would't think a guy like him would do bad under pressure like that. The nya was a nice touch, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ohana racing through the streets in her waitress outfit was great. Taking a waitress out of service was not great, but at least a replacement arrived, so they were just short, not ridiculously short.
She sure turned a lot of heads running around like that. I loved her bike riding, her hair flying in the wind was animated beautifully.

Quote:
Kou-chan coming without telling her ahead of time was silly, but I don't blame him: the writers did it. They wanted to set up the drama. The plot clumsiness that keeps popping up in this show is a downer, but the characters and the high points make up for it.
Silly and stupid. What if she told him not to come or something? I am still disappointed that he is visiting her.
Old 2011-05-22, 19:39   Link #39
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode wasn't as stellar as episodes 1 and 2, but gosh, they finally took a step in the right direction. 8.5/10, rounded up to 9/10 for the poll.

Like episodes 1 and 2, episode 8 managed to blend the more comedic aspects of it into the plot, and use it to elevate the dramatic tension, which is not overly serious, but lets you sympathize for Ohana and her situation. This episode actually manages to pull the viewer into the episode and hope the best for Ohana to resolve her situation.

Because after all, if you don't care about the troubles of the characters, then why even watch anything that even tries to be dramatic at all? I especially liked the ending parts of the episode where Ohana fulfilled the expectations of her grandmother, perhaps exceeding them, and brought back the spirit of the customer service she has preached about since the beginning.

She put everyone back in line, and is taking authority in a situation where really, almost everybody is being pretty hopeless.

There's a bunch of dramatic elements ready to just explode in this anime, but that's not even why I thought this episode was good.

I'm looking forward to more of the same, and hope I don't have to endure yet another episode 3 or 7 anytime soon.
Old 2011-05-22, 20:27   Link #40
Jerseykid

they way she looked through the crack in the door there at the end makes me feel that we are going to find out Tooru is in to some shocking stuff
Closed Thread