AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-23, 20:01   Link #3321
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's up with S2's pic with Shido holding Tohka's sword and having yellowish Spirit eyes?? Is he really a spirit?

I don't remember seeing that in the near-exact pic in the novel, the one with Miku behind him.
its not near exact it is exact the only thing that is missing is miku

also shidou's eyes change to be like that whenever he uses one of the more powerful spirit powers like sandalphon and yoshino's ice
Old 2013-06-23, 20:07   Link #3322
kagato3

yep it's in volume 7 and he does have the yellow spirit eyes. he seems to have them in volume 5 as well. likely it has to do with him manifesting the powers.

@XFire
Fair enough Although I disagree about her not being developed. It's just her arc moves a lot slower since her issue can't just be solved by kissing Shidou, unlike Tohka (needed a friend and not to be attacked all the time), Yoshino (afraid of her powers), Kotori (powers were driving her crazy), and the twins (felt only one of them could hold the power and the other would disappear). He never "fixed" Kurumi and we still don't have a clear Idea what her Issues really are. And Miku also seems to have more complex issues but since all I have on her is second hand info I'm not going to speculate as I never fully trust summaries since there is always missing context.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-06-23 at 20:30.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:14   Link #3323
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's up with S2's pic with Shido holding Tohka's sword and having yellowish Spirit eyes?? Is he really a spirit?

I don't remember seeing that in the near-exact pic in the novel, the one with Miku behind him.
Er... what are you talking about. That scene is one of the color pics in vol 7
Old 2013-06-23, 21:47   Link #3324
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
yep it's in volume 7 and he does have the yellow spirit eyes. he seems to have them in volume 5 as well. likely it has to do with him manifesting the powers.

@XFire
Fair enough Although I disagree about her not being developed. It's just her arc moves a lot slower since her issue can't just be solved by kissing Shidou, unlike Tohka (needed a friend and not to be attacked all the time), Yoshino (afraid of her powers), Kotori (powers were driving her crazy), and the twins (felt only one of them could hold the power and the other would disappear). He never "fixed" Kurumi and we still don't have a clear Idea what her Issues really are. And Miku also seems to have more complex issues but since all I have on her is second hand info I'm not going to speculate as I never fully trust summaries since there is always missing context.
Actually, my complaint wasn't so much about resolution as much as focus. Vol 1 is Tohka, Vol 2 is Yoshino, Vol 3 is Kurumi, Vol 4 is Kotori, etc. Origami doesn't have her own volume yet.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:40   Link #3325
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, my complaint wasn't so much about resolution as much as focus. Vol 1 is Tohka, Vol 2 is Yoshino, Vol 3 is Kurumi, Vol 4 is Kotori, etc. Origami doesn't have her own volume yet.
Well to be a fair she does have some major sub plots in books 4 and 5. And I think there is one in 6 as well. Plus she is the lead in Date a Strike / Date AST Like. I Really wish someone would translate it as it seems to have a lot of info on DEM in it.

Oh well I believe someone said volume 9 was going to be her focus novel.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 00:42   Link #3326
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well to be a fair she does have some major sub plots in books 4 and 5. And I think there is one in 6 as well. Plus she is the lead in Date a Strike / Date AST Like. I Really wish someone would translate it as it seems to have a lot of info on DEM in it.

Oh well I believe someone said volume 9 was going to be her focus novel.
yea vol 9 would be about her..

date ast like is too wordy LOL
Old 2013-06-24, 09:52   Link #3327
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well I just watched over the kurumi arc again and maybe its the anime's reactions but I've got a very interesting thought. Kurumi herself is not really evil. YES she's done some horrible things but the more you look at them in a backwards way they can all be explained.
1. She's killed thousands of people.
1a. She's killed those people in order to gain power and maintain her life.
2. She's attacked mana many times
2a. Self defense on kurumi's part
3. She's tried to eat Shidou.
3a. She needs to eat humans to gain power and believes eating shidou is the best way to gain a lot of power since she knows about his abilities.

But a final possibility has occurred to me. When kurumi was introduced she knew all about shidou and presumably his information. She also likely knew about his ability to take the spirits power. We know kurumi is gaining power to attack the 1st spirit for some reason.

Before people say yes kurumi is evil think about the two critical things we DONT KNOW YET.
1st. Why is shidou so special and since im betting that phantom didn't give shidou the power to steal spirit power im assuming he had it naturally the question is why he has it and how he got it.
2nd. We don't know why kurumi is obsessed with the 1st spirit so until that stuff is known simply making kurumi out as evil is a bit rash.

After all to use another example (and by no means am I comparing the two). Everyone believed itachi was evil but when you heard his motivation almost everyone went from hating the guy to pitying him.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:30   Link #3328
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ Also if Kurumi did managed to travel back in time to fight and beat the 1st spirit, it just mean the people she killed never happen because of the butterfly effect.

I believe Kurumi believe that as well that why she continue killing people just to go back in time and change history.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:43   Link #3329
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
^ Also if Kurumi did managed to travel back in time to fight and beat the 1st spirit, it just mean the people she killed never happen because of the butterfly effect.

I believe Kurumi believe that as well that why she continue killing people just to go back in time and change history.
What's the butterfly effect?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:51   Link #3330
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
What's the butterfly effect?
It's a theory that a small change can cause an infinite amount of different scenarios.
Old 2013-06-25, 06:02   Link #3331
tuckersister

I wouldn't be surprise if Origami finds out she is spirit. Anything can happen. It would make a good story.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 07:48   Link #3332
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post

She's likely the most complicated character among them even with miku every single one of the spirits seems to be the type that just want to live in peace and not destroy anything. the yamai twins wanted to settle whose the true yamai yoshino and tohka seem to just want peace. Kurumi who knows and miku's just mad cause the music business is filled with assholes
Old 2013-06-25, 07:48   Link #3333
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wouldn't be surprise if Origami finds out she is spirit. Anything can happen. It would make a good story.
And thus, it would backfire herself. Doubting of what was she doing and what would she do next if she turns out to be a Spirit.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 08:15   Link #3334
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
And thus, it would backfire herself. Doubting of what was she doing and what would she do next if she turns out to be a Spirit.
on the Brightside for her shidou only seems to kiss spirits
Old 2013-06-25, 09:21   Link #3335
kazzuya13

Quote:
It would quite the irony if the spirit she is looking is herself.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:52   Link #3336
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ hahaha, it already shown that a human could become a spirit so I won't be suprise down the track where Origami is in need of power and someone offer her to become a spirit.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:01   Link #3337
cloud04
Scanlator

now i wonder how will the vol 9 cover present itself
Old 2013-06-25, 13:15   Link #3338
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well I just watched over the kurumi arc again and maybe its the anime's reactions but I've got a very interesting thought. Kurumi herself is not really evil. YES she's done some horrible things but the more you look at them in a backwards way they can all be explained.
1. She's killed thousands of people.
1a. She's killed those people in order to gain power and maintain her life.
2. She's attacked mana many times
2a. Self defense on kurumi's part
3. She's tried to eat Shidou.
3a. She needs to eat humans to gain power and believes eating shidou is the best way to gain a lot of power since she knows about his abilities.

But a final possibility has occurred to me. When kurumi was introduced she knew all about shidou and presumably his information. She also likely knew about his ability to take the spirits power. We know kurumi is gaining power to attack the 1st spirit for some reason.

Before people say yes kurumi is evil think about the two critical things we DONT KNOW YET.
1st. Why is shidou so special and since im betting that phantom didn't give shidou the power to steal spirit power im assuming he had it naturally the question is why he has it and how he got it.
2nd. We don't know why kurumi is obsessed with the 1st spirit so until that stuff is known simply making kurumi out as evil is a bit rash.

After all to use another example (and by no means am I comparing the two). Everyone believed itachi was evil but when you heard his motivation almost everyone went from hating the guy to pitying him.
You're telling me you just realized this?

Also, "likely" knew about his ability? She outright knows about that ability- That is why she wants to devour him in the first place. She needs that power as a fuel for her to use her time travel ability.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:37   Link #3339
cloud04
Scanlator

^wasnt it mentioned earlier in the thread that it was phantom who told kurumi about shido?
Old 2013-06-25, 13:49   Link #3340
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
^wasnt it mentioned earlier in the thread that it was phantom who told kurumi about shido?
Yes. Phantom informed Kurumi prior to the events of Volume 3 at some point.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy