Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 21:31   Link #1
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Just looking for some funny anime

you anything will really do but hopefully something like

School Rumble
FLCL

I haven't seen alot and its been awhile since i've seen some comedy <.< so yeah. Have at it
Old 2008-02-07, 21:39   Link #2
Troilism

oh! edo rocket is very very good. It's a comedy with an ACTUAL plot that develops with hilarity inbetween. All the characters are awesomely cool and unique. Pick this title up NOW you won't regret it.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:41   Link #3
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

For insane comedy in their vein, check out Shinobuden -- a series about a ninja girl, her insane master, and a friend she makes. One of my favourite comedies.

Cromartie High School is about a school of delinquent boys. Opinions differ greatly on this one as it's a very... different kind of humour, very dialogue driven, though with crazy visuals going on in every scene.

Yakitate Japan is a really ridiculous comedy about fighting... over bread. It follows a fairly standard shounen tournament fighting/sports theme, but is pure comedy.

Then there's the seinen stuff with cute girls: Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, Ichigo Mashimaro, Hidamari Sketch and Minami-ke. Again, not everyone's kettle of fish, but they're all slice of life/comedies in the same vein. Not insane humour, though.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:56   Link #4
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Ah, since the seinen slice-of-lifes have been brought up already, I'll add in SHAFT's surreal parody comedies, which, though they recieve much flaming for their unique art style and sometimes inconsistent sakuga quality, are very entertaining and hilarious at times. (Hidamari Sketch was one of SHAFT's works as well).
You'll likely enjoy Pani Poni Dash!, Negima!? (This is the second series, note the !?), and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei if you love comedy.
Though it's much funnier if you're an otaku and have otaku knowledge, Hayate the Combat Butler is still funny even if you don't understand a single anime references. This is in the same vein as Lucky Star as well, if you're interested.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:32   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade shares some of the same Gainax looniness that infects FLCL. An even better bet is Jungle wa Itsumo Hale noche Guu, a very zany show with one of the best comedic voice acting performances (Watanabe Naoko as Guu) I've ever heard.

Of recent shows, other than the already-mentioned Oh! Edo Rocket, I recommend Moyashimon. The first episode will get your attention.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:35   Link #6
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade shares some of the same Gainax looniness that infects FLCL. An even better bet is Jungle wa Itsumo Hale noche Guu, a very zany show with one of the best comedic voice acting performances (Watanabe Naoko as Guu) I've ever heard.
Very much second Guu. I haven't got around to watching Deluxe or Final yet, but the first season was awesome zany humour. Haven't finished Abenobashi, either... Been in my backlog for a long time >.< From the first few episodes though, I don't like it as much as all the other suggestions so far. It's good, but just lacks something I think.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:41   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Very much second Guu. I haven't got around to watching Deluxe or Final yet, but the first season was awesome zany humour. Haven't finished Abenobashi, either... Been in my backlog for a long time >.< From the first few episodes though, I don't like it as much as all the other suggestions so far. It's good, but just lacks something I think.
Abenobashi changes character midway through the show and moves away from the "parody-of-the-week" model (though I did especialy like the film noir episode). You learn more of the characters back-stories and view the development of postwar Japan from the perspective of the Arcade. I'd agree that it doesn't reach the zany heights that Guu does, but I still found Abenobashi both funny and touching at various times.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:45   Link #8
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Excel Saga: This is the most hilarious and random anime I've seen! If you can find an anime more random than this, I'll praise you.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan: Anime about a boy named Sakura Kusakabe in junior high school which is destined to anger God in the future by creating immortality, but stopping growth for females at the age of 12, thus creating a Pedophile's world. An angel named Dokuro-Chan is sent to the past to kill him, but ends up trying to help him. She frequently kills him when she's displeased, tortures him and tries to keep him so occupied he can't invent the potion of immortality (extremely bloody).

Bamboo Blade: It's about kendo, but it's mostly comedy and it's hilarious. Still airing, up to 18 episodes right now.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:12   Link #9
bigbob_75056
Howdy!!!

Seto No Hanayome...

i have never laughed so hard in my life...i was crying...its really really good...
Old 2008-02-08, 15:12   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, if you like FLCL i would recommend it =3
Old 2008-02-09, 04:51   Link #11
oompa loompa

not too familiar with most of the others, but i second minami-ke and seto no hanayome, both hilarious
Closed Thread