AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-04, 10:11   Link #3341
GDB

It doesn't have its own title card like the other ends, so it's considered a bad end. And don't you get a Tiger Dojo from it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 10:58   Link #3342
Tenchi Hou Take

WoW that was weird, who thought it was a good idea to cut random scenes in the middle of main climax of Archer vs lancer. They also seemed to missed bothering to show Rin even beginning to repair Shirou heart. Honestly seemed lazy. They spent all that time animating less important parts of the prologue the completely skipped on the more memorable parts. It's absurd.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:01   Link #3343
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
WoW that was weird, who thought it was a good idea to cut random scenes in the middle of main climax of Archer vs lancer. They also seemed to missed bothering to show Rin even beginning to repair Shirou heart. Honestly seemed lazy. They spent all that time animating less important parts of the prologue the completely skipped on the more memorable parts. It's absurd.
I don't know, I feel like you could infer what happened based off the dialogue alone.

Rin saying "there's still a chance" => scene showed the pendant dropping => Rin using it to save Shirou.

It's subtle, but I feel like it works. Not everything needs to be conveyed step-by-step if the message was clear.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:01   Link #3344
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

That was GLORIOUS!! TRUE YUETSU HATH BEEN ACHIEVED!!!
Old 2014-10-04, 11:07   Link #3345
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't know, I feel like you could infer what happened based off the dialogue alone.

Rin saying "there's still a chance" => scene showed the pendant dropping => Rin using it to save Shirou.

It's subtle, but I feel like it works. Not everything needs to be conveyed step-by-step if the message was clear.
It's not about inference they could have easily shown it, there mere fact they didn't, yet spent so much time on other aspects doesn't make any sense.

It's the kind of lazy shit I expect from low budget shows, you could call this one if it wasn't for the fact they spent 30+ min on random shit that in terms of priority was pretty damn low.

Also they skipped the main scene that's an actual CG in the VN one of the few shit the VN actually shows about that fight they completely skip it, due what I'm guessing is budget and yet their doing 2, 1hour episodes for what reason.
Old 2014-10-04, 11:17   Link #3346
GDB

...Possibly will be in episode 1? From what I recall hearing, you don't even see Shirou in this episode (though that may not be accurate). But either way, now that they've established a scene happening there, they can link it to Shirou's prologue and show the scene as a whole.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:18   Link #3347
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Tenchi, maybe they just disagreed with you on importance of certain scenes? Every adaptation cuts out something, and as a rule of thumb there is always at least one thing a fan will not agree with.
Old 2014-10-04, 11:20   Link #3348
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
...Possibly will be in episode 1? From what I recall hearing, you don't even see Shirou in this episode (though that may not be accurate). But either way, now that they've established a scene happening there, they can link it to Shirou's prologue and show the scene as a whole.
That could be the case, but it seems to be more fitting to added the scene to Rin PV episode rather than Shirou's. Rin is conscious in that scene and Shirou isn't.

Another option is that it is the missing content referred to by this poster:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
As for episode 00, I noticed that the television broadcast was missing an somewhat important scene from the special premiere showing. It's good to see that we'll still need to get the blu-ray versions later.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:29   Link #3349
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Tenchi, maybe they just disagreed with you on importance of certain scenes? Every adaptation cuts out something, and as a rule of thumb there is always at least one thing a fan will not agree with.
I understand importance, but this is more of case of not spending money adapting a flashy scene rather trading it for something of equal importance. It's the kind of thing that annoys me in most in anime originals and adaptations, and I overlook because obviously there's budget constraints. Here's a studio with a fair budget and profile and they even be bothered doing those scenes properly.

It doesn't take rocket scientist to realise a fair amount of new audience and old will find the earlier scenes boring, this is very important episode in terms of impressions, you make up for that with a properly developed end climax. You don't cut out of the climax of a fight and then and then then the climax of the whole prologue. It makes no sense.
Old 2014-10-04, 11:41   Link #3350
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
You see Shirou but not his face. Nor is who he is mentioned.
Old 2014-10-04, 12:14   Link #3351
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

The funny thing is, I saw people complaining about similar scene in Mahouka where Madhouse didn’t show how Tatsuya “heals” his friends outside of subtle gestures. But here, since it’s UFOtable, people seem to give them more slack . I bet if it was DEEN that missed this scene, people will complain left and right .

Anyway, I hope GDB is right and they will show the scene in ep 01.
Old 2014-10-04, 12:20   Link #3352
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The funny thing is, I saw people complaining about similar scene in Mahouka where Madhouse didn’t show how Tatsuya “heals” his friends outside of subtle gestures. But here, since it’s UFOtable, people seem to give them more slack . I bet if it was DEEN that missed this scene, people will complain left and right .

Anyway, I hope GDB is right and they will show the scene in ep 01.
well, maybe they will show it up in episdoe one
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 13:02   Link #3353
Lorhand

Quote:
It doesn't have its own title card like the other ends, so it's considered a bad end. And don't you get a Tiger Dojo from it?
Obvious joke was obvious. I should add emoticons next time.

As for Rin healing Shirou... It's probably gonna be shown in episode 1, because we didn't really see Rin heal Shirou in the Prologue, either. One saw this scene from Shirou's POV though. ufotable is really faithful to the source. I would have added that scene if they didn't show Shirou's POV, but they will and that is why I believe we will see that particular scene next week.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 13:10   Link #3354
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
As for Rin healing Shirou... It's probably gonna be shown in episode 1, because we didn't really see Rin heal Shirou in the Prologue, either. One saw this scene from Shirou's POV though. ufotable is really faithful to the source. I would have added that scene if they didn't show Shirou's POV, but they will and that is why I believe we will see that particular scene next week.
Yeah, if they show the scene in ep 01, this should be a non-issue.

Although if ep 00 really is Rin’s POV, wouldn’t it make more sense to show the “healing” scene here instead of ep 01 (Shirou’s POV) where Shirou was unconscious and doesn’t know what’s happening to him?
Old 2014-10-04, 13:12   Link #3355
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, if they show the scene in ep 01, this should be a non-issue.

Although if ep 00 really is Rin’s POV, wouldn’t it make more sense to show the “healing” scene here instead of ep 01 (Shirou’s POV) where Shirou was unconscious and doesn’t know what’s happening to him?
He was half-conscious and heard Rin healing him though. But I agree, in my opinion it would definitely make more sense to add this scene to Rin's POV. ufotable might be a bit too faithful I guess.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 15:24   Link #3356
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
He was half-conscious and heard Rin healing him though. But I agree, in my opinion it would definitely make more sense to add this scene to Rin's POV. ufotable might be a bit too faithful I guess.
A good adaptation improves upon the source. Ufotable doesn't take any risks so they can't reap the rewards.
Old 2014-10-04, 15:39   Link #3357
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
A good adaptation improves upon the source. Ufotable doesn't take any risks so they can't reap the rewards.
ufotable already announced bolder moves than just showing Rin's healing magic, mainly addition of original scenes like expansion of Illya's role and FZ Easter Eggs.

They probably just wanted to start the season with fully faithful episodes. After all, the main complaints of Deen's adaptations was the lack of faithfulness so, at least at the start, they went full-faithful.
Old 2014-10-04, 15:53   Link #3358
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
I'm pretty sure purposely not showing Shirou's face at all in this prologue was a narrative and stylistic decision, not laziness. They cut Rin saving Shirou because, well, they're going to reveal Shirou the next episode. Besides there's no point in showing Shirou getting saved TWICE and we're going to see it from his perspective anyways so why waste time also showing Rin's perspective?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:16   Link #3359
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I'm pretty sure purposely not showing Shirou's face at all in this prologue was a narrative and stylistic decision, not laziness. They cut Rin saving Shirou because, well, they're going to reveal Shirou the next episode. Besides there's no point in showing Shirou getting saved TWICE and we're going to see it from his perspective anyways so why waste time also showing Rin's perspective?
Shirou never see's who himself getting saved in the VN. He doesn't even know who saves him. That's the point, it's one of the major points of the prologue. Which is why the best point to show the scene was here.

Plus what I've seen of the episode 1 summary I don't think it happens there either.
Old 2014-10-04, 16:51   Link #3360
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Shirou never see's who himself getting saved in the VN. He doesn't even know who saves him. That's the point, it's one of the major points of the prologue. Which is why the best point to show the scene was here.

Plus what I've seen of the episode 1 summary I don't think it happens there either.
I haven't seen the episode 1 summary but my assumption was they didn't show Rin saving Shirou because it would appear later.

I guess we'll see.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable