AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-03, 00:09   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
My condolences to that Yoka girl. Stuck out there with the lunatic behind that network. But also she ended up being the one that hit the button. Not that she made the system or even wanted to press it. But I can't imagine where her head must be. Feeling any kind of responsibility for the world ending up like that would probably be devastating.

Should be interesting seeing the girls on their journey. And of course seeing what happens when they finally arrive. Will it be just picking Yoka up to head back? Accepting that the world is broken and there is nothing to be done? Or will the idiot that came up with that 7G system have a way to fix it? That he and those in that picture remain human might imply something. Some definite mysteries in all this.
Old 2024-04-03, 07:18   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

this feels all too weird. And the near constant almost rapid talking of various characters is grating on my ears.

going to give one more episode, before decide to drop or continue.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 08:17   Link #23
Xeiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 1:

this feels all too weird. And the near constant almost rapid talking of various characters is grating on my ears.

going to give one more episode, before decide to drop or continue.
Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls to one of director Mizushima Tsutomu’s little proclivities. His most recent work that wasn’t GuP, Kotobuki, was exactly the same. If machine gun style dialogue isn’t your thing, his works are unlikely to appeal to you.
Old 2024-04-03, 11:48   Link #24
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls to one of director Mizushima Tsutomu’s little proclivities. His most recent work that wasn’t GuP, Kotobuki, was exactly the same. If machine gun style dialogue isn’t your thing, his works are unlikely to appeal to you.
referring to the bolded part. What the heck are you even talking about?
I watched GuP. Kotobuki, Shirobako, Another, Doraemon, just to name a few -- and characters in these shows don't talk with machine gun mouths. Would not have watched these other anime if their main characters talked the same way as Shuumatsu Train. I could listen to Kylie (Kotobuki) talk all day, and never get tired of it.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-04-03 at 12:14.
Old 2024-04-03, 18:05   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't notice any particularly rapid talking. It's definitely no Tatami Galaxy in that regard.
Old 2024-04-03, 22:31   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The old man that transforms into his younger self when the story needs him to is definitely one

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-08, 15:24   Link #27
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 2
Turns out, our four girls set out without a good plan. Even Shizuru, our semi leader turned train conductor, got excited and set out without enough food or money for herself, let alone her unexpected friends! The random bitter melon plants growing between the seats aren't going to cut it.

We travel along raised tracks over a river turned ocean. We meet a weird old man on a duck paddleboat who has nothing but warnings. We almost get good advice from back home via tapping morse code through the rails. We outrun a sudden tidal wave that blocks our way back home... no doing a proper resupply, now! And finally, we reach a new stop and a new town! Yay! Except... it might now be populated by people taken over by mushrooms...

For me, this is the random surprise of the season. The art is pretty good. I enjoy the four personalities constantly bickering and bouncing off each other. The journey is weird but fun.

I wonder if the train and the world are reacting to the girls? We needed food so more bitter melon grows. We were thinking about turning back, so a tidal wave tears up the tracks behind us. It's possible the 7G disaster is less of a one time event and more of an ongoing, ever changing weirdness...
Old 2024-04-08, 17:09   Link #28
grecefar

it was a good idea to turn back and make better preparations but it wasn't going to be that easy, only choice now is too keep foward. I'm sure they would find supplies in the future, I bet they will find truck guy too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-08, 18:14   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The banter between the girls was extremely good. The first two episodes did a great job establishing where each girl stand relative each other.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, but with the previous one announcing there were 30 stops left before Ikebukuro, I expected them to make a couple of stops here. Instead they only reached the first stop at the very end. I've played enough The Last of Us to know not to trust mushroom people, and the duck guy warned the girls about them too.

With the railtrack gone, they've lost their way of communicating with Zenjiro so they're completely on their own.
Old 2024-04-08, 20:35   Link #30
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a good start to there journey tell that roller coaster ride

So Zenjirou turns normal for 5mins a day
Old 2024-04-08, 22:16   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This is such a weird show .

I did wonder if the Zenjirou thing was time related. Thankfully he can communicate with them from a distance.

Start of the journey was as messy as you'd imagine. The group is hardly synced up. And they definitely aren't all that prepared. I did get a smile out of the idea of them having to turn around, but that's off the table!

Hopefully the mushroom people aren't serial killers or something...
Old 2024-04-09, 00:57   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2024-04-10, 10:48   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

a slight improvement. This episode is easier on the ears than the first one.

so far, the most interesting thing I saw is their dog looks cute. lol

everything else feels so weird. And it's the boring kind of weird.
Old 2024-04-10, 13:45   Link #34
KitsuKyouno

The director say their only had 4 episodes finish, this will become another delay example
Old 2024-04-15, 20:39   Link #35
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its a town of mushrooms and the mushrooms the grow on people head good thing Akira having her doubts about this town

Zenjirou still proving useless
Old 2024-04-15, 20:42   Link #36
grecefar

the message of this chapter is to never trust mushrooms.

first stop and we almost got a game over. I'm worry about them.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 00:12   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

My condolences to Akira. Did end up saving their bacons and really didn't get much gratitude out of it. Just getting pranked by Shizuru and that was about it. Oh well at least she wasn't turned into a mushroom I suppose.

Though presumably she's already started turning into an animal. Or at least I presume that's what the bulge was implying. Unless eating the mushrooms means she was growing one out of her spine .

But yeah. One stop and they not only died but honestly didn't even feel any particular sense of concern over the fact that they could have. Only strength the show really has going for it is the mildly engaging flashback story between Yoka and Shizuru.
Old 2024-04-16, 00:37   Link #38
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I pretty much expected this episode once we saw the mushrooms on people's heads. But that's ok, because it was good. Basically a mini horror episode with the show's typical wackiness. It even had a minor twist that this town's people have been dying off on purpose and fairly few of them are left. And that's what they wanted in the face of the 7G disaster upending the world. Freaky!

From its creative and catchy opening, to the decently witty bickering, to the off the wall premise, this show has become one of my favorites this season. I would like to see a bit more of a bond form between the girls now that we've done the whole not trusting thing. But yeah, this is surprisingly fun.
Old 2024-04-16, 02:41   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

While I'd love for them to continue the plot that she has an anal plug mushroom on her butt, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that away by the start of the next episode

Also, the guy that conveniently doesn't have to be with the girls to affect the story didn't really help. I guess it is supposed to be a running joke each episode?

Old 2024-04-16, 06:26   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm pretty sure Akira is growing a tail. They said the residents of Agano turn into animals at 22 years and 3 months old but they didn't tell us if it happened overnight or if it was gradual.

Akira was great in this episode, really saved their bacon. I was surprised by the reveal the mushroom people actually weren't evil and had chosen to become mushroom of their own accord. That's still no reason to force it on the girls, obviously.