AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-20, 00:17   Link #141
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Not surprised that the Strike Noir made it in, its sorta like how the Impulses made it into the Arcade ver. and more Destiny units made it into the PS2 version.
With this new news, I'm expecting either to see only Strike Noire and 2 more others(Blu Duel and Verde Buster) and even more in the PS2 version.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 00:31   Link #142
azizol_shahrir

Send a message via ICQ to azizol_shahrir Send a message via MSN to azizol_shahrir Send a message via Yahoo to azizol_shahrir
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

well theres the proof.......
cant wait for PS2 ver release.......
azizol_shahrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 02:04   Link #143
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Well, I doubt the MSV MS make their way into any release. There is some issue about rights to them as far as I've heard. Too bad, because I would be hell pleased to play with Gold Frame with full upgrades. 4 star suit, 'kay, but it's power in Generation of C.E. animations just... but quit daydreaming.
(I don't want to even think about things like Gunbarrel Dagger or Providence Zaku which would also could but probably won't be there... aww...)

I wait for other DOM's. Bazooka isn't really my favourite weapon :P

About the Chaos - I think that with changed MS/MA transformation controls it will be far more playable.

I guess that from secret units added in ps2 release they'll give Andrew Waltfeld's golden Gaia. Not that I wait for that, I've never liked that suit.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 06:13   Link #144
azizol_shahrir

Send a message via ICQ to azizol_shahrir Send a message via MSN to azizol_shahrir Send a message via Yahoo to azizol_shahrir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
About the Chaos - I think that with changed MS/MA transformation controls it will be far more playable.
well.....
same goes to abyss & saviour......
during the MA form......they cant dodge left/right........
very easy to attack straight on......
azizol_shahrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 13:27   Link #145
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
There is some issue about rights to them as far as I've heard.
How can there be? Bandai owns it all.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 13:45   Link #146
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

But doesn't Banpresto make the game (granted it's distributed and sold by Bandai)? Therefore wouldn't they have to pay royalties to use said mobile suits? I also heard this is a reason why a lot of games that use Gundams ala SRW use SDs because apparently it's cheaper to use SDs than full size Gundams, in terms of having to spend royalities to Bandai.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 13:57   Link #147
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
But doesn't Banpresto make the game (granted it's distributed and sold by Bandai)?
Banpresto is now completely owned by BANDAI NAMCO, since (Feb) early this year.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:47   Link #148
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
But doesn't Banpresto make the game (granted it's distributed and sold by Bandai)? Therefore wouldn't they have to pay royalties to use said mobile suits? I also heard this is a reason why a lot of games that use Gundams ala SRW use SDs because apparently it's cheaper to use SDs than full size Gundams, in terms of having to spend royalities to Bandai.
I think it has more to do with the fact that SD's aren't as detailed and as time consuming to create, and having all as SD's means that you don't have to worry about scale when you have Ideon next to a Valkyrie, a height difference of some 120 meters. Like Sides said, Banpresto is owned wholly by Bandai-Namco, and they've used MSVs in the past.
Old 2006-08-21, 13:30   Link #149
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizol_shahrir
well.....
same goes to abyss & saviour......
during the MA form......they cant dodge left/right........
very easy to attack straight on......
well, I can't agree. As I've said earlier, transformation in saviour is something you just have to get used to. It has different fighting style than other MS, that's all.

SRB - if you're right... well, I pray that you are :P
MSV suits would be sooo great...
Old 2006-08-22, 00:43   Link #150
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Strike Noir just became available, didn't have a chance to play Seed II but from what I saw, it does alot of moves shooting.
-Cartwheel flip shooting
-Rapid fire
-No beam sword? Duel beam daggers I think...
Old 2006-08-22, 00:52   Link #151
El_Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
well, I can't agree. As I've said earlier, transformation in saviour is something you just have to get used to. It has different fighting style than other MS, that's all.

SRB - if you're right... well, I pray that you are :P
MSV suits would be sooo great...

Personally, I think they'll just put them in another game just like they did with Never Ending Tomorrow.

Then again, I was wrong about saying that they wouldn' put stargazer units in rengou vs ZAFT II . I'm mostly hoping for a VS-game with just MSV-suits. There are enough of those to make such a game.
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 18:45   Link #152
srb
I can see time itself!

But would it sell? I mean, I love MSV units, but I feel that both the standard suits and a choice of MSV's belong. For the new PSP game they have several of Okawara's drug-induced nightmarish Zeon amphibious MSV's that also saw the light in ZZ, and those are just freaky.
Old 2006-08-23, 19:31   Link #153
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
But would it sell? I mean, I love MSV units, but I feel that both the standard suits and a choice of MSV's belong. For the new PSP game they have several of Okawara's drug-induced nightmarish Zeon amphibious MSV's that also saw the light in ZZ, and those are just freaky.
Is this G-Generation Portable? I haven't gotten far but yeah, there are tons of MS in it.

Added: Tried the Strike Noir, it is very cool~
Weapons/attack:
Railgun on the wings
Pistols
Daggers
Charging kick
Rapidshoot
Multi-target shooting

Hard to use in co-op/path mode, the multi target attack has it's flaws since it uses all it's boost and it attracts the computers to target you.
In every game I've played, I never ran out of ammo.

Last edited by Syn13; 2006-08-24 at 01:19.
Old 2006-08-24, 04:01   Link #154
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Charging kick? Whoa! How that works?
Old 2006-08-24, 08:37   Link #155
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For the Strike noir, how do you roll on one side and fire the pistols at the same time?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 08:37   Link #156
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Is this G-Generation Portable? I haven't gotten far but yeah, there are tons of MS in it.
No, it's the new Battle Arena, which has awesome graphics for a PSP Gundam game, the system itself seems to be based on Lost War Chronicles/Battle Tactics and a smudging of * VS *. It also has the drug-induced designs .

December 7th is apparently the release date for EAVZII Plus on the PS2, and nov 30th sees the release of Super Robot Wars for the GC on the Xbox 360 with more events and Xbox Live support (not sure if it has multi or just achievements). Stupid, stupid, stuuupid licensors who make sure we won't see that in the west .
Old 2006-08-24, 10:42   Link #157
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
For the Strike noir, how do you roll on one side and fire the pistols at the same time?
Move in that direction and use "shoot" + "jump". With 8 shots that go flying toward your target plus that roll, targeting the suit while it's doing this shoot-and-scoot is, IMHO, a pain; if you move in the wrong direction also, enough of the shots will hit to cause you to stagger.

I also like the kicks that it can do as a melee attack (goes in the air and if it hits, just stomps on the opponent very quickly).

I did get a grin watching 4 Strike Noirs going at it at my arcade a few nights ago, though. Both teams ended up losing when time ran out; no team can finish off the other one in time.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 13:01   Link #158
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Stupid, stupid, stuuupid licensors who make sure we won't see that in the west .
Actually, its not the lincensors' fault. Its ours (well, not mine, personally). Like it or not, if SRW III is released in say, the US, they are afraid there wouldn't be enough of a fanbase to purchase the game. Wouldn't do too good for their pockets now

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 13:18   Link #159
Siege

Is it just me or does Rengou VS Zaft suffer from a survier lack of of a Plausable defend option because the continually pressing Up - Down is starting to annoy me.

why should blocking in the game become harder than blocking in the series

and my concern is that this second version is gonna lack this same feature

Like L1 could have be used for this purpose instead of commanding support units that don't appear to do anything other than get in the way
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 15:02   Link #160
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Actually, its not the lincensors' fault. Its ours (well, not mine, personally). Like it or not, if SRW III is released in say, the US, they are afraid there wouldn't be enough of a fanbase to purchase the game. Wouldn't do too good for their pockets now

- Tak
Actually, it's the licensor's fault, since that prevents them from releasing it in the first place. There's obviously a market for TB battle games in the West, albeit a small one, by judging from Atlus' moderate success.