AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-10, 18:26   Link #3121
lycantivis

God I can't wait for that model then I have to wait for my guy to get it in /sigh. Hi Nu so sexy plus a stand is just amazing.

So I did look in the phone book and found a place I did have to drive a bit to get there. Some little family run train/model shop. But I got a tube of poxy and a box of epoxy. They didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for pla plates, guessing it a gunpla term not used here in the states much.

I'm gona mess around with the tube pudy a bit on some lower grade models I have till I feel comfortable to use it on a MG. Cause I wanna make my Sazabi nice as can be I bought some spray can paint and 2 cans of top coat even, the paint I'm experienced with from R/C cars.

And boy does some good new tools make the difference I was using some wire cuters of my dads that were quiet old to cut the pieces from the runer. I got a new set of modeling clipers that make so much difference and using a razor edge to clean up cuts and paint help alot.
lycantivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:37   Link #3122
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Fin Funnel thruster effects parts? Huh.. why do I get the feeling that it's going to be ugly just like the ones that came with the Strike Freedom FBM.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:44   Link #3123
lycantivis

Shhh don't say things like that you'll curse it.
Old 2007-01-10, 19:14   Link #3124
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Well... it just seems like the Gundam SEED kits seem to be worse off. I mean...the Crossbone and the F91 were made a lot better?
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:30   Link #3125
GameraBaenre

Quote:
So I did look in the phone book and found a place I did have to drive a bit to get there. Some little family run train/model shop. But I got a tube of poxy and a box of epoxy. They didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for pla plates, guessing it a gunpla term not used here in the states much.

I'm gona mess around with the tube pudy a bit on some lower grade models I have till I feel comfortable to use it on a MG. Cause I wanna make my Sazabi nice as can be I bought some spray can paint and 2 cans of top coat even, the paint I'm experienced with from R/C cars.
What are the brand names of the tube putty and box putty. For modeling, there are two basic types of putty. Basic putty that comes in a tube like this:
Tamiya Basic Putty or epoxy putty which comes in two parts and need to be mixed before usage: Tamiya Epoxy Putty

Now, for the basic putty, this type of putty is for filling in seam lines, and fixing small defects in the surface. If you are planning on using the stuff for adding bulk on model plastic. THIS IS THE WRONG PUTTY TYPE TO BE USING FOR SUCH A JOB. Basic putty from the tube will melt the plastic (that's how it forms a bond with the plastic); if you attempt to use this type of putty to build up a part, you will have a huge melted plastic mess.

For adding bulk, as I stated in my previous post on the subject. Use the Epoxy Putty type putty.

As for pla plate, your model railroad shop should have "styrene" in stock. Styrene is the type of plastic, that models are made from. And the brands that most hobby shops carry are "Evergreen" and "Plastruct", and they come in sheets, rods, tubes, strips, etc. At this shop, you could also ask if the folks there know of any other hobby shops that specialize in other aspects.

As for the RC paint. I'm not too sure how well the paint designed for lexan will work with styrene plastic. Doing all your tests on cheap gundam models is a good move.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:51   Link #3126
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
Fin Funnel thruster effects parts? Huh.. why do I get the feeling that it's going to be ugly just like the ones that came with the Strike Freedom FBM.
It sounds like Hi-Nu Full Burst Mode, which is basically like S-Freedom FBM but replace it with Hi-Nu >.> .

Going by the kits, the releases for this year seems to point to MSes that is rather iconic, so I bet something iconic (bar those from Zeta Gundam, since they already received 2.0s) is going to be the 100th MG release.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 00:04   Link #3127
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
10 bucks says its a super ultra master mega awsome RX-78-2 ver .232324 if were lucky maybe it might be mudrock its the only one of the 6 not made into model form.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 00:13   Link #3128
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A MG Turn-A for the 100th MG will be most appropiate considering what the series set out to do.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 00:57   Link #3129
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Here's to hoping for an MG Turn A(and I am ignoring the fact that its interior is hollow).
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:41   Link #3130
lycantivis

I got both. I got squadron green for the tube and tamiya epoxy putty for the two piece box. Its not R/C car paint I got the tamiya spray cans, I was just saying I already have experience using spray cans for painting.

I bought a SD sazabi today to test out the paints and tube putty.

Last edited by lycantivis; 2007-01-11 at 02:57.
Old 2007-01-11, 08:38   Link #3131
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Saint Seiya meets Gundam

Wing Zero will be so appropiate as Sagittarius
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 10:57   Link #3132
azizol_shahrir

Send a message via ICQ to azizol_shahrir Send a message via MSN to azizol_shahrir Send a message via Yahoo to azizol_shahrir
gahahahaha...........
saint seiya also can do dat arr.....
azizol_shahrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 16:20   Link #3133
NeoHunter
BBAC

MG Hi-Nu Gundam

YES!! MG model is finally out! http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~midori-b/newpic/nes-g0686.htm

I'm def. getting this one. Hi-Nu is my fav. gundam ever.
NeoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:34   Link #3134
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHunter View Post
YES!! MG model is finally out! http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~midori-b/newpic/nes-g0686.htm

I'm def. getting this one. Hi-Nu is my fav. gundam ever.
Uh, the picture was already posted on the previous page. And no, it's not out yet.. it's due out in February.
Old 2007-01-11, 19:05   Link #3135
lycantivis

So I have been seeing this custom yellow Sazabi around and its got this sweet looking gun. I Read some where that it was a from a serpent. The only serpent I know of in the 1/100 size is the serpent customs from endless waltz. And their weapons don't match the looks of the one on the sazabi. Any one know of the sazabi I'm talking about or the serpent the creature is talking about?
Old 2007-01-12, 02:25   Link #3136
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

@lycantivis: maybe you could provide us with an image of the Sazabi in question...
Deus EpS Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 08:51   Link #3137
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
From The Gundam Base.Side 1:
MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=480

Thisi is so worth it.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 10:19   Link #3138
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Holy crap.. if I'm seeing correctly, this Full Cloth version includes the new weapons, plus all the other weapons the Ver. Ka included? What was the point of the version Ka then..?

Anyways, looks pretty awesome.. definitely on my buy list.
Old 2007-01-12, 10:59   Link #3139
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A cheaper alternative for those who don't feel like buying the Full Cloth version, or want a Crossbone but don't want to spend much on the Full Cloth version. It always helps having more choices.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 11:16   Link #3140
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A cheaper alternative for those who don't feel like buying the Full Cloth version, or want a Crossbone but don't want to spend much on the Full Cloth version. It always helps having more choices.
That's true, but I was expecting Bandai to keep the different weapons exclusive to each kit, forcing a true Crossbone fan to buy both. I guess I was wrong though.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy