LOL, funny chapter.

Spoiler for Things that made me laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Looks like we have a drummer...and its

Spoiler for High school chapter 3:
Well...
Spoiler for Drummer:

I'm guessing that Ritsu must have been a great Club President and left the club a great legacy...
Spoiler for Legacy!:
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 04:01   Link #1243
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for my thought:
Old 2011-07-03, 04:26   Link #1244
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will see when the next college chapters come if Mugi is still the financial backbone of HTT.
Old 2011-07-03, 04:43   Link #1245
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woooo.... I just read the manga.... and Sumire somehow is so adorable.... lol... just make an OVA or movie, man! I can't wait to see Sumire.....
the revival of the club is worth to see
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 04:51   Link #1246
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Okuda is kind of cute too.
Old 2011-07-03, 06:20   Link #1247
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, Jun playing guitar is pretty much out of the question now. I know the two instruments are different, but I was under the impression that if you could play bass guitar, you could play 'regular' guitar as well. Can someone with actual musical experience tell me more about that?

Anyway, I'm guessing Sumire's true identity will eventually be revealed, if it's only because she tried too hard to hide it and may be thinking too much of her 'predicament' than she should.

Gotta feel sorry for the store clerk, who Ui now pretty much gave a heart attack. I guess Yui's antics gave him a life-long trauma. Also liked how she had the exact same thoughts about that specific guitar as Yui once did.

And the more I'm thinking about all this, the more I think the new girl will be the new vocalist. After all, we've seen what she can't do, but not what she can do. By comparison, Yui proved that, despite her lack of musical talent, she had a good singing voice from the get-go.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:40   Link #1248
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well looks like Sumire-chwan is now my 2nd favorite character of the series.

I'm sorry Mio but you've been demoted to 3rd place(never thought this would ever happen....ever)

I gotta admit new K-ON is actually pretty funny to see, Sumire is a given but the rest are really coming into their own.
The new dynamic of the club still feels K-ON-ish but I guess refreshing/different in way.
Props to author there.

The music store scene was great, totally loled@ at Ui being Yui. Poor store clerk has had it tough for 3 years and looks like it will continue for another couple

Didn't expect Sumire to play drums, rather plseant surprise I guess. Now I'm hoping Okuda plays something else besides keyboard, would be nice to see a different instrument in teh band. Maybe a wind instrument.

Sumire-chwan <3
Old 2011-07-03, 10:03   Link #1249
Blossom550

i wonder what brand is the drums maybe a pearl or another Yamaha like Ricchan.
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:09   Link #1250
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Well, Jun playing guitar is pretty much out of the question now. I know the two instruments are different, but I was under the impression that if you could play bass guitar, you could play 'regular' guitar as well. Can someone with actual musical experience tell me more about that?
well, I only find that before someone learns playing 'bass' they have learned playing 'regular' guitar before
I never find someone who only can play 'bass' guitar since the basic concept of playing it is 'regular' one
so in my opinion, someone who can play 'regular' guitar would be easier to play 'bass' guitar
If someone never play 'regular' and only play 'bass', it will be harder since 'regular' guitar is more complex....

Sumire..... nyaaaa...^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:09   Link #1251
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I guess they were lucky before. Azusa, Mio, Mugi, and Ritsu already had instruments (or Mugi bought herself a new one before Yui arrived), and they only had to worry about getting Yui a guitar. Now they have to get three people instruments (maybe, depending on what Okuda actually does).

I'm not sure if Ui actually bought that guitar, or if she was going to attempt to haggle for the drums. Or if she's going to go back to piano instead and let Azusa and Jun take guitar and bass.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:49   Link #1252
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

and there's this problem that they don't have a vocalist yet
well technically, since Azusa sucks at singing

maybe that klutz member will be their vocalist? who knows~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 13:38   Link #1253
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well, I only find that before someone learns playing 'bass' they have learned playing 'regular' guitar before
I never find someone who only can play 'bass' guitar since the basic concept of playing it is 'regular' one
so in my opinion, someone who can play 'regular' guitar would be easier to play 'bass' guitar
If someone never play 'regular' and only play 'bass', it will be harder since 'regular' guitar is more complex....

Sumire..... nyaaaa...^^
The only real thing you'd have to learn when switching from bass to guitar is chords (which may or may not be very challenging depending on your learning style). There are a couple techniques to learn for guitarists looking to switch to bass, too. But I think the reason most people start with guitar is that it's often hard to appreciate bass unless you're specifically listening for it...and the people who do that generally tend to be bassists.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 15:30   Link #1254
Goggen

Well one thing we learned from this chapter is that Sumire and Mugi don't seem to have any type of "sisterly" relationship, as some had speculated.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 17:43   Link #1255
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

So.....
We see that Mugi does have a very keen ability to manipulate others. She insured the success of the HS K-On by sending in the 4th member... Take care of the tea sets... yeah... gotchya.... that's what she was supposed to do... joining the club... well... that wasn't really expected... was it.... Good job Mugi.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:32   Link #1256
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm not sure if Ui actually bought that guitar, or if she was going to attempt to haggle for the drums. Or if she's going to go back to piano instead and let Azusa and Jun take guitar and bass.
IMO She only thinks that the guitar is cute, and she didn't seriously haggle for the drums. But the club seems to be going to buy the drums after all.

Quote:
And the more I'm thinking about all this, the more I think the new girl will be the new vocalist. After all, we've seen what she can't do, but not what she can do. By comparison, Yui proved that, despite her lack of musical talent, she had a good singing voice from the get-go.
Good point. Looking at how she broke all instruments (even the drums, much to the others' surprise), she might be the vocalist after all.

As for Yui, she lacked the experience, not the talent
And comparing her situation to Azusa (who also initially can't sing while playing the guitar), I think Azusa still has the chance to be the vocalist if she was trained.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:35   Link #1257
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I do hope so since I think Ui has the best voice among them

but well, despite her learning skills, if she's going to pick the keyboard / organ, then it seems she won't be on the vocals.

The situation is similar to Mugi's. Remember that back when Fuwa-Fuwa Time lyrics were written, she was also asked to be the vocalist by Ritsu, but she said that her hands will be full on the keyboard (Although we know she's the best candidate since she initially wanted to join the choir club). But of course we also know that it's not impossible for the keyboardist to be the vocalist. (After all, she sang Honey Sweet Tea Time).

Just my thought.
Honestly, after hearing Ui singing Shiny Gems, I would love to hear her version of Fuwa Fuwa Time....
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 22:49   Link #1258
all_flying

Quote:

I know a person who is good at both guitar and bass and the one who is suck at guitar but really good at bass. The second person said "I don't like guitar since I can't do an 'F' chord"

So yes, maybe several bassist can do well on bass, but not really good with guitar, and vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
and there's this problem that they don't have a vocalist yet
well technically, since Azusa sucks at singing

maybe that klutz member will be their vocalist? who knows~
My bet is also on Okuda. Since she only said that she doesn't have any experience with musical instrument. That doesn't mean she can't sing. But, oh well, who knows.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 11:52   Link #1259
phoenixnumber1

I like this new setup actually, because it's a little more realistic than the original Yui setup. There they already had parts and experience, whereas here they are having to decide on parts and instruments, which I can personally vouch for is quite realistic. Yui got good quite fast in K-ON!, am looking forward to them learning their instruments in more realistic and funny way. Would also provide useful insight for myself and my amateur band...
phoenixnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 21:13   Link #1260
rittyC

can anyone plz tell when the k-on manga vol. 3 will be out translated. if it is already out can someone plz tell me cuz i can't find it anywhere. thanks!
rittyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life