AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 11:38   Link #2101
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
What happens if Thess and I are right, and Amata is not a reincarnation of anyone?

I'm sure Zessica's role in the story, much like Kagura's, is going to increase when the ball gets rolling. Otherwise, why introduce them much less spend two episodes building up to the former's falling in love and a bunch of episodes to establish a connection for the latter with Mikono. Colossal wastes of time?
i doubt he isn't some some kind reincarnation of Apollonius considering he has Apollonius's signature wings.
Old 2012-02-27, 13:04   Link #2102
Thess

Quote:
**The fool is a nice fit to Kagura, but the Jack of Spades is a bit out of nowhere and not very indicative of Amata (unless he really is a *nobody*, at which point you really could fit him in as the *friend and advisor* role) and Zessica's Diamond seems a bit baffling since the only wedding the show has alluded to involved Mikono.**

Spoiler for Old School Tarot:
Spoiler for True true:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:06   Link #2103
ookamigirl

Andy & Mix, now those are two opposites.
Getting them to work together was LOL watching.
So Mikono has a power after all.... a power to connect people.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:58   Link #2104
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i doubt he isn't some some kind reincarnation of Apollonius considering he has Apollonius's signature wings.
He could be a descendant, if he's linked to Alicia (Alisia bloodline?). Because, so far, it indicates that his nostalgia and fate vibes are more connected to the mysterious actress than a past life. He seems pretty broody about that incident.

Not saying this will happen, but it's really suspicious they are doing the card thing and he doesn't get the Joker or an Ace. Once again, this could be reading too much into that, but if he's someone brand new, then the Jack of Clubs would fit him.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-02-27, 14:16   Link #2105
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Zuul: Oh man, if Zessica wanted to go full-evil have I got a cracked-out scenario for you: next week Jin is the transfer student, and sees Amata and Mikono all lovey-dovey. Somehow he and Zessica get in touch and he makes her an offer: he can help her out if she can bring Mikono somewhere (not sure how he'd lure her...). Zessica's for it, Jin's plan is to bring the both of them back with him to Altair, but his plan backfires slightly, Mikono's taken (she's easy pickings, after all) but Zessica escapes (thanks to her element ability).

Bonus evil: Zessica doesn't come clean about her role in arranging the abduction. Bonus bonus evil: Shu-shu stays back on Vega, and takes a dislike to Zessica, as some kind of nagging external conscience.
Awesome.

But wouldn't evil Zessica just kill Shushu. He's a pretty insignificant little thing.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:21   Link #2106
Thess

Why would Zessica do that? She only realizes she likes Amata a bit. She seems she'll be more withdrawn than anything. That's why she didn't interfere or bother Mikono and Amata this episode. She'll only 'take' Amata if Mikono doesn't want him.

Old 2012-02-27, 14:24   Link #2107
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Why would Zessica do that? She only realizes she likes Amata a bit. She seems she'll be more withdrawn than anything. That's why she didn't interfere or bother Mikono and Amata this episode. She'll only 'take' Amata if Mikono doesn't want him.
But I like crackpot theories.

I even have one about Mikono being Amata's long lost sister. XD
And I have stuff to back it up. Well... sort of......
Old 2012-02-27, 14:35   Link #2108
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I can't check the official site atm but if I remember correctly his character description says that he's a deity, or something along those lines... it would make sense, given that as an Angel he's pretty much immortal and vastly more powerful than humans (even non-ordinary ones, such as Kagura). It's still strange that people don't know about him - nobody at Altair ever wondered what that huge ice crystal thing (now turned into a luxurious garden with a nice waterfall) was just outside of what seems to be the capital? But those ruins(??) in the crystal make me think that Mykage may be the last of the Shadow Angels who once lived on Altair. I suppose they died out so long ago that no-one remembers them anymore, and with Mykage's apparent penchant for sleeping for years maybe he faded from public consciousness, too.
Correction: I checked the official site and apparently Mykage's position is... head priest??? o_O Yeah, right. There's no way he's not an Angel. No way.

....wait, Neo-Deava has Aquarion as their official religion (or something)... ooooh....
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:40   Link #2109
miketyson

Yeah, crack theory is crack theory, don't get me wrong. But, now that I typed that out, I can actually see something like this being kinda likely (perhaps more than the voluntary side-switching...which is seeming less likely with each passing episode).

The case for crack: we keep seeing Zessica getting more and more annoyed by the way Mikono talks about Amata (the constant steam of blushing, looking away, and saying "it's not like that..."). We also know that Zessica isn't above playing pranks. Sooooo, I think it'd be easy to get her to help out with a plan to force Mikono to "clear the air", as it were -- something that'd force her to either make a proper confession or a proper rejection -- and because "ren'ai kinshi" and it'd be natural for such a plan to involve sneaking around, secret meetings, and so on.

So still a crack theory, but the kind of angle I could actually see things going: Jin transfers in, somehow ropes Zessica into playing what she thinks is a harmless prank, but in reality Jin is leading her and Mikono into a trap. Zessica escapes, stays on Vega, develops a guilt complex, but doesn't own up to what she did (yet); Mikono winds up on Altair, finally gets to have a "conversation" with Kagura ("conversation" because Kagura is not an articulate man), and makes a probably-reluctant decision to just stay on Altair and be their eve...but then Vega's cavalry swoop in to rescue her, and that's when things get really wild. Or something.

I think that's enough theorizing from me until next Sunday, .

kuromitsu: any ideas on "GNIS"? It seems it really was MITHRA GNIS and RADIUS GNIS (official site has official romanizations now) but nothing's turning up. MITHRA I certainly recognize, RADIUS I assume means what it looks like it means, but kinda breaks the Persian/Zoroastrian/etc. theme the MITHRA GNIS implied. And on that note, apparently Mithra was the deity of binding, contracts, and such, which was an angle I was previously unaware of.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:42   Link #2110
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

So much love for Mix and Andy! I adore both of them (maybe because I can relate xD). But all those innuendos, I feel... violated @__@

Glad we finally know Mikono's element power. In a way I'm glad it's something rather "lame" (for lack of a better word) like this, instead of giving her awesome haxx powers which would be ridiculous. On the other hand I'm like "What, that's it? What's that good for?" - if it only works if a connection is already there it's nothing people can't achieve by themselves... or maybe I didn't understand it.

This was also the first time I got annoyed with Mikono, falling off the stairs like some idiot in order to get a moment with Amata. I hate weak and cutesy characters (because 99% of the time cute substitutes for substance) so I was really hoping she'd get over that stuff.
Then again, she's been doing quite well recently, so I can forgive this mishap.
But this also means I'm definitely leaning towards the Zessica side of things now, sorry Mikono.

And Shushu is definitely evil, that thing is weird.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:51   Link #2111
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Glad we finally know Mikono's element power. In a way I'm glad it's something rather "lame" (for lack of a better word) like this, instead of giving her awesome haxx powers which would be ridiculous. On the other hand I'm like "What, that's it? What's that good for?" - if it only works if a connection is already there it's nothing people can't achieve by themselves... or maybe I didn't understand it.
It's not really lame. It's the same as Silvia's in the last episode of Genesis of Aquarion.

However, it's not flashy, but it's pretty important since without nudging people into gattai/union = no Aquarion. Makes sense that her card is the Ace of Hearts, because means her abilities lie in an intangible, emotional scope.

Old 2012-02-27, 14:54   Link #2112
mayumi

it seems all the 4 ace cards have some sort of association with the tree of life. but those are more the tarot cards than the normal deck cards.

regarding mikono's power it is like silvia's at the end and it suits her character but i rather like the amazon silvia and her psychokinesis powers and her difficult personality.

mikono is just so nice and so sweet. its rather too sweet for my liking. its like if you have too much candy and sugar, you are bound to get sick of it.
i wish they would quit with the donuts as well.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:58   Link #2113
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
it seems all the 4 ace cards have some sort of association with the tree of life. but those are more the tarot cards than the normal deck cards.
Cartomancy can use any deck. Ace cards (and the Joker-The black one) are all symbolizing beginnings of something. Bonus the Jack of Clubs = Lancelot.

Old 2012-02-27, 15:12   Link #2114
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
However, it's not flashy, but it's pretty important since without nudging people into gattai/union = no Aquarion. Makes sense that her card is the Ace of Hearts, because means her abilities lie in an intangible, emotional scope.
Well, I didn't have a better word to describe it In all honesty, I'm glad her power is something like this, because the "weak hero(-ine) turns out to be crazily strong"-thing is way overdone and was cringeworthy the first time round too (with notable exceptions such as Madoka) so this is a big plus for Mikono in my book.

On the other hand, since Mix and Andy came around, only Cayenne could maybe need Mikono's assistance. Everyone else gattais on their own just fine xD
I'm guessing her power will be properly useful in some big boss battle in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
regarding mikono's power it is like silvia's at the end and it suits her character but i rather like the amazon silvia and her psychokinesis powers and her difficult personality.
I agree with this. Mikono still doesn't have enough meat to her personality and tends to compensate through being helpless and cute and nice.
It would be disappointing if she was just another Ranka. They were doing really well with her (like refusing Zessicas handshake way back) but if it seems more likely she's Celiane, then she can't live up to the comparison
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:17   Link #2115
miketyson

Lancelot, you say? That's interesting, very interesting. I honestly wasn't sold on this cartomancy stuff before this point, but now I think there might be something to it after all.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:22   Link #2116
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
This was also the first time I got annoyed with Mikono, falling off the stairs like some idiot in order to get a moment with Amata. I hate weak and cutesy characters (because 99% of the time cute substitutes for substance) so I was really hoping she'd get over that stuff.
Was I the only one who thought that was a weirdly drawn scene? They were clearly standing with stability on those stairs for several moments to have a full conversation, long enough for Zessica to see them and walk away, and to observe Andy and Mix going at it, but then (!), not having moved an inch mind you to somehow destabilize herself, Mikono suddenly *pops off* of the stair...

Either the animators were really hard pressed to figure out how to fit that scene in (I hate such scenes, characters should not be motivated to show affection for each other only after moments of complete accidents <- give me real development *shakes fist at sky*) or she did it on purpose!

>.> <.< 悪女 >.> <.< Indeed!

Quote:
Cartomancy can use any deck. Ace cards (and the Joker-The black one) are all symbolizing beginnings of something. Bonus the Jack of Clubs = Lancelot.
So... Amata is going to betray his king and steal the queen!? King = Altair! Queen = Eve! It all works... in some strange way.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:27   Link #2117
Zuul

Quote:
Was I the only one who thought that was a weirdly drawn scene? They were clearly standing with stability on those stairs for several moments to have a full conversation, long enough for Zessica to see them and walk away, and to observe Andy and Mix going at it, but then (!), not having moved an inch mind you to somehow destabilize herself, Mikono suddenly *pops off* of the stair...

Either the animators were really hard pressed to figure out how to fit that scene in (I hate such scenes, characters should not be motivated to show affection for each other only after moments of complete accidents <- give me real development *shakes fist at sky*) or she did it on purpose!
How can you blame her when Amata never takes initiative. XD

She's the one who technically asked for the date. And she's also the one who took his hand...

He's so uke, a rather conservative, not too forward girl has to take the lead everytime. tss tss

On a more serious note, I though it was really cliché and way too easy. But maybe was it done on purpose.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:30   Link #2118
miketyson

Quote:

So... Amata is going to betray his king and steal the queen!? King = Altair! Queen = Eve! It all works... in some strange way.
, think about how you'd pronounce Altair and Arthur in Japanese (Edit: I take this back. Apparently it's アーサー...my bad, loanwords can be hard to guess and I should've checked first). I doubt we're getting a straight-up version of the summer triangle and I doubt we're getting a straight-up version of the Arthurian legend, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the Arthurian stuff is going to get worked into the plot somehow. The Jack of Spades did seem like a weird choice for our lead fellow -- and up to this point I didn't see anything in the cartomancy explanations that seemed to fit well -- but the identification with lancelot actually ties in really well with many aspects of Amata we've already seen. So consider me a reluctant convert to cartomancy, I guess.

About Mikono's stumble: I assume it's another of Zen's tricks, in the same way I'm sure he deliberately asked Andy to dig a hole where MIX would find it, and deliberately declined to inform MIX that that hole was OK. Gotta get them to the edge of love, right? His specific mechanism is unknown, but he is a magician, so he doesn't have to explain it, right?
Old 2012-02-27, 15:30   Link #2119
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Oh come on! Andy STILL doesn't get to form a union. That name is special to me, so this is making me more irritated than usual.
And Zessica needs to be more forward!
Old 2012-02-27, 15:42   Link #2120
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
, think about how you'd pronounce Altair and Arthur in Japanese. I doubt we're getting a straight-up version of the summer triangle and I doubt we're getting a straight-up version of the Arthurian legend, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the Arthurian stuff is going to get worked into the plot somehow. The Jack of Spades did seem like a weird choice for our lead fellow -- and up to this point I didn't see anything in the cartomancy explanations that seemed to fit well -- but the identification with lancelot actually ties in really well with many aspects of Amata we've already seen. So consider me a reluctant convert to cartomancy, I guess.
I'm the opposite- I think the Jack of Clubs fits Amata: he's an earnest friend, charming, athletic and popular student that serves a purpose. That's being his role so far: the loyal guy they relied on when they are in trouble (which is pretty much what the card encompasses). The only problem is that it has no connections to reincarnation or anything like that (unlike Kagura's, Mikono's, Zessica's and Shrade's cards). There must be a reason why Fudo used it twice on him (and we saw it flipped to show its him), but maybe those cards are related in the role of Aquarion power rather than the role in the plot. Diamonds are concrete, measurable power (like MIX's and Zessica's), emotional in a positive way and intangible would be Hearts (Mikono's), intellectual/thoughtful and emotional in a potentially negative way are Spades (Shrade's).

Tags
comedy, science fiction