AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 05:43   Link #101
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
I would like to use this thread to point any Sailor Stars fans who have been watching the FoT fansubs in the direction of the following link:

http://www.fotsubs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118

Your input is requested for the issue of which episodes are going to need to be re-released due to errors that I may or may not know about.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 01:57   Link #102
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
Sailor Stars: Back on track

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Live-eviL is releasing Sailor Stars again. Both XviD and h264 versions of episode 170 are now out. I've missed working on this show I hope to get releases out faster from this point forward. I hope you are enjoying these Special Edition fansubs.

Thanks so much!
-YaoiBoy
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:41   Link #103
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoiBoy View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Live-eviL is releasing Sailor Stars again. Both XviD and h264 versions of episode 170 are now out. I've missed working on this show I hope to get releases out faster from this point forward. I hope you are enjoying these Special Edition fansubs.

Thanks so much!
-YaoiBoy
Yes, I just watched a Live-eviL fansub os Stars for the first time, and I am very impressed. The video looks good, and what they have done with the audio is very nice. Everyone should check their work out, as it's very nicely done.
Old 2007-03-18, 12:27   Link #104
SolidMGSnake

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
AC-3 audio? Are u frikken kidding me? hah~ wow.. I better check this out! =D
Old 2007-03-23, 11:37   Link #105
rman0099
On my nut

Since I have been seeing the releases for FOT, I have been curious about this. Why has the group decided to resub the series? If I remember, FOT completed ther series a few years ago. Did you come across better quality raws (DVD source) and decide to use those?
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 15:13   Link #106
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
FOT completed the series yes but it was not their own fansubs. The ripped and encoded VKLL's fansubs and released those. VKLL is the original Stars fansubber. VKLL's subs are notorious because of
a) poor translation
b) SVHS source

A couple of years ago Stars finally came out on Region 2 and so there were attempts to resub with fresh translation and so on. You've got a choice of Live-eviL / FOT and Sailor Moon Centre who are pro actively working on the show. Which version you choose to watch is up to you, we all have our plus points.

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 14:01   Link #107
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Just a word here since this is the "official" stars thread on this forum.

FoT plans to put out an episode a day for the next few days. An entire week of Sailor Stars. So you can (hopefully) expect us to be to episode 190 at least. (That's the last episode on DVD 4, and my raw provider should be able to get my DVD5 soon)
Old 2007-05-27, 14:23   Link #108
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Poor translation from VKLL? >_>

You mean I gotta get Sailor Stars again because I watched a bad translation? >_>

*cries*

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 17:54   Link #109
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Poor translation from VKLL? >_>

You mean I gotta get Sailor Stars again because I watched a bad translation? >_>

*cries*
VKLL's translation, overall, was not bad. There's just some inaccuracy here and there. Nothing too terrible. In fact, some ways he phrased things were really good, and I adopted some of his phrasings and terminology into our version.

The main reason to get the FoT releases are the video quality. It's way better than old VKLL VHS tapes.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:47   Link #110
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk View Post
VKLL's translation, overall, was not bad. There's just some inaccuracy here and there. Nothing too terrible. In fact, some ways he phrased things were really good, and I adopted some of his phrasings and terminology into our version.

The main reason to get the FoT releases are the video quality. It's way better than old VKLL VHS tapes.
Well, that might be reason enough to download again. I always enjoy better quality.

Gotta get my friend on d/l-ing that. I don't mind him knowing I like SM because.... He already knows.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 08:25   Link #111
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
My first anime was Candy Candy and then Sailor Moon... It was one of my favourite animes... Usagi is so sweet and cute and Mamoru one of the best male characters.
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 20:59   Link #112
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
By the way, I am trying to find the specific episode that we referred to in the initial run as "Everyone Comes to Usagi's" because it's the episode where, well, everyone comes to Usagi's. Including the bad guys.

A marvelous bit of farce in the middle of what was supposed to be a very, very serious story arc. And one of the two episodes that confirmed the transgendered status of the Three Lights (in an especially awkward way, in this case).
Old 2007-06-08, 21:48   Link #113
SolidMGSnake

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
Nice work with the AC3 audio. Hope to see more.
Old 2007-06-09, 09:13   Link #114
Sylvia Nguyen

Hello there!!!
I am a big fan of Sailor Moon...I too watch sailor moon through the dub version when it was aired in Australia. However, I never got to watch the full series...when I got foxtel...I was able to watch it on there...but missed a section. Anyhow...I was wondering...where can I find the links to watch Sailor Stars? It looks interesting. I just want to say thank-you in advance!!!
Sylvia Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 01:01   Link #115
pandagirl6662003

Send a message via AIM to pandagirl6662003
you can get the entire stars season from animecastle its subbed in english for about $60.. us. i got it last year as a gift
pandagirl6662003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 05:29   Link #116
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Please note that since there is no official licensed English version, if you purchase such a thing you are funding bootleggers. Quality on such illict translation is usually horrible and the money goes to criminals.

By contrast the fansubbed version listed on AnimeSuki is probably much higher quality and goes for $0.00 USD. While free is obviously better I will admit the last 10 episodes have not yet been fansubbed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 00:37   Link #117
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Thumbs up Congratulations to FoT for completing ep. 200!

I've not watched all their subbed ones yet (though I just finished watching 200), but being a fan that watched the entire series back during original Japanese broadcast from start to finish, I am extremely happy to see this project finally reach completion and hope this effort reaches the many who have never seen the breathtaking way that Sailor Moon finally ends. It's been something of a point of frustration to me that the official subs had to stop at the end of SuperS.

Thanks for your hard work and congratulations again!

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 07:03   Link #118
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought it was a pretty good ending. May not be as classic as the earlier Sailor Moon seasons, but it's nice to see it all wrap up. Nice touch with the good old intro for the final ED.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 20:00   Link #119
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
I've not watched all their subbed ones yet (though I just finished watching 200), but being a fan that watched the entire series back during original Japanese broadcast from start to finish, I am extremely happy to see this project finally reach completion and hope this effort reaches the many who have never seen the breathtaking way that Sailor Moon finally ends. It's been something of a point of frustration to me that the official subs had to stop at the end of SuperS.

Thanks for your hard work and congratulations again!
I took for frickin' ever to put it all out, so thanks to all who stuck with me through the 2 and 1/2 years it took. O|¯|_ O|¯|_ O|¯|_ O|¯|_

I've seen the ending of Stars so many times, I thought I had become immune to all the emotion, but subbing it, and really listening carefully to the Japanese, and having to translate it... I did get all choked up several times throughout the last few episodes. T_T

Anyway, that's all I guess. If you have any comments on the subs, feel free to register on the forums at www.fotsubs.net
Old 2008-06-12, 07:08   Link #120
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Congratulations, FoT.

It's trully a remarkable effort on a very good and famous series (that, sadly, none of today's anime fans seems to like) that marked my teenagehood (in a good way ).

My thumbs up to the whole team.

Tags
magical girl, shojo