Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 11:18   Link #201
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i'd say "people get lucky"
Old 2010-06-27, 11:20   Link #202
Gordy Lechance

On a somewhat lighter subject:

So, if SF4 can make it to the IPhone, when do you fellas think the same will happen with this game in one way or another?
Old 2010-06-27, 11:25   Link #203
brocko

^ Might be a bit more taxing on the processor given the 3v3 nature of the game imo. But even if it did make its way to the Iphone, Ipad or whatever it'd be a very watered down version of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i'd say "people get lucky"
Well it is called beginners luck for a reason. Foolhardiness isn't bad all the time

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 17:21   Link #204
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I'd say "most experienced" would be a bit too much of an over statement with "more experience" probably being the more accurate to use imo.
Yeah i wasn't really referring to people who play them at the highest levels. Speaking from personal experience, Where i'm from arcades are still moderately popular and cheap, The high level battles are conducted so meticulously and carefully. One step forward one step back. When a new kid just starts bashing buttons randomly and gets lucky with the combos he does win.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:11   Link #205
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I'm hoping they don't make particular assists godlike. I never liked how players use some characters just for assists that's tough to deal with. When they have no skill with the character by themselves. And every character should have an fighting chance no matter what.

Hayato was my favorite character in MvC2 and against an good amount of characters he shouldn't do anything. He was an cool character and I hope he makes it in MvC3.

Nice to see characters have an air dash. Captain America looks pretty sweet in the game. I want to see Final Justice(A great way to finish any fight ).
Old 2010-07-09, 20:01   Link #206
Westlo
Lets be reality

Justin Wong playing @ Evo with the new build.

Some details off SRK

Quote:
Here are some early gameplay details for you from the Evo build:

Universal air dash/double jump is gone. Ryu, Feliia, Chris, and Wolverine can do neither. I don't think Deadpool can either, but I didn't play him so I'm not positive.
Iron Man's airdash seemed slower to me using it than it looked in vids, but that could just be.
Ryu can aim his Shinkuu Hadouken.
Wolverine's level 3 is speed up (this might have been known from the move list?). I didn't mess with it, but it makes him really fast and looks pretty sick.
The x-factor thing was changed. I didn't know how to actually do it so I couldn't flesh it out. You don't need any dead characters to activate it though, of that I am positive.
Damage numbers were removed from the combo counter.

More I can't recall, but I'm sure someone who's played/will play more than me will tell more.
More info

http://30ninjas.com/blog/new-marvel-...emieres-at-evo
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 07:38   Link #207
Nayim

DEADPOOL LEVEL 3 :

Once again Deadpool still breaking the fourth wall...with his awesome "lifebar weapon"
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 18:43   Link #208
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
As interesting as bits and pieces of this is (yes, Deadpool is a regular laugh riot), I am reminded of another crossover title which was never released on this side of the Pac: Namco X Capcom. To this day I wonder what the reasoning behind that decision is.

Anyways, I can think of a couple of things that would enhance the appeal of this game: alternate outfits (SSF4 does this well); and special intro animations for particular face-offs (SFA2 and some King of Fighters titles do this, as I recall).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 19:07   Link #209
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Anyways, I can think of a couple of things that would enhance the appeal of this game: alternate outfits (SSF4 does this well); and special intro animations for particular face-offs (SFA2 and some King of Fighters titles do this, as I recall).
Me too!! I really hope Wolverine gets to wear his Movie-Version "Black Leather with no mask" costume; heck, even Hugh Jackman's version found his comic-book counterpart's "Yell spandex" costume silly and over the top.

Other outfits for wolverine could include.
"Biker Jacket Bad-Boy Rogan" from the Wolverine film.
"Shirtless Rogan" from the Wolverine film.

Both, naturally, for the ladies.
Old 2010-07-10, 19:41   Link #210
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
They'll definitely do the alternate costumes...
Old 2010-07-11, 00:08   Link #211
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
DEADPOOL LEVEL 3 :

Once again Deadpool still breaking the fourth wall...with his awesome "lifebar weapon"
Just fixing the Youtube codec for you

... Deadpool owns. XD
Old 2010-07-11, 22:09   Link #212
Westlo
Lets be reality

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Invite Tourney @ Evo right now before SSFIV finals.

http://evo2k.com/live/

Edit - Iron Man Level 3 was sick.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-07-11 at 22:48.
Old 2010-07-17, 17:49   Link #213
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm guessing Spiderman isn't in this one? I know the final roster hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would think that from the first few characters released, he would have been one of the main guys. I wonder if that is him on one of the levels as Peter Parker taking photos for the Daily Bugle. One of the reporters jumps pretty high.

I heard the main members of the Fantastic Four were omitted for "undisclosed reasons". I wonder what the deal was. It's been long overdue that there have been any members of the Fantastic Four in the series. And no Doctor Doom doesn't count.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 18:34   Link #214
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm guessing Spiderman isn't in this one? I know the final roster hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would think that from the first few characters released, he would have been one of the main guys.
I don't think you have to worry about this at all. Spider-Man will be in it, I guarantee. There is simply no way Marvel would let him be left out of the game. Additionally, one of the character silhouettes released a while back (the one with his hand on his head) has a massive resemblance to Spider-Man, so he might even be announced at Comic Con next week/

Quote:
I heard the main members of the Fantastic Four were omitted for "undisclosed reasons". I wonder what the deal was. It's been long overdue that there have been any members of the Fantastic Four in the series.
I hadn't heard about this, but the most likely reason is a possibly inclusion of Super Skrull, who manages to fill their void by having all of their powers on his own. Effectively, saving roster space while keeping the Fantastic Four represented gameplaywise.
Old 2010-07-18, 22:51   Link #215
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm guessing Spiderman isn't in this one? I know the final roster hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would think that from the first few characters released, he would have been one of the main guys. I wonder if that is him on one of the levels as Peter Parker taking photos for the Daily Bugle. One of the reporters jumps pretty high.
Having a MARVEL vs Capcom without Spider-man would be like a Mortal Kombat without Sub-Zero or a Dead or Alive without Kasumi, it just can't be done, it's pretty obvious that the most famous star from MARVEL comics will be at the game.

Quote:
I heard the main members of the Fantastic Four were omitted for "undisclosed reasons". I wonder what the deal was. It's been long overdue that there have been any members of the Fantastic Four in the series. And no Doctor Doom doesn't count.
You can see Super Skrull's silloute on the promos (Dr. Doom's also), the main reason for seing Super Skrull instead of some of the Fantastic 4 could be due to the recent activity of the skrulls at MARVEL comics (Secret Invasion), to keep the rooster in actual games (Such as the example of Rick from Resident Evil 5). I hope this will also bring Taskmaster to the posible candidates.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:23   Link #216
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rumor about a new Capcom vs Namco made by Capcom with SF4 engine and Namco vs Capcom made by Namco with Tekken 6 engine :

Just a rumor but omg if it'll be real

Well , Capcom said before that he wanted to make more "Versus" title and then this rumor can be real . (Hope)
Hell yeah , Tekken , Soul Calibur , Tower of Druaga , Xenosaga , Valkyrie ...

We have to wait till Comic-Con , 24 july in San Diego for more info/confirmation .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-07-20 at 10:52.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:56   Link #217
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Rumor about a new Capcom vs Namco made by Capcom with SF4 engine and Namco vs Capcom made by Namco with Tekken 6 engine...
While nice and all, I'd still rather have, as noted, a proper NxC release on this side of the Pac.

This said, though, I could see some fun being had if Namco brings in some of their 'B list' crew. Such as Taizo Hori, the protagonist from Dig Dug. He already got a couple Levels of Badass for his NxC incarnation...

Spoiler for NxC character art:

If included, I imagine he'd play like a bit of a hybrid between Chris Redfield and Iron Man, with the 'jackhammer' remaining slung on his back most of the time, and only coming out for certain moves (one strong attack being a butt-stroke, and his specials and supers).

Another left-field possibility would be Jack Slate (remember, Namco's portfolio includes the Dead to Rights games)... who'd probably play similarly to Galford from the Samurai Spirits/Showdown titles, what with having a vicious canine partner and all.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 16:05   Link #218
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If Pac-Man isn't in such a game as a playable character I'm gonna be SO dissapointed, he looked to be discluded in NamcoXCapcom which ticked me off. How could they disclude their freakin' signature character?!

And would it REALLY be neccesary to have 2 versions? Just one is fine for pete's sake.

I'd rather have (only in my dreams) Sega vs Capcom. But that's just me.~
Old 2010-07-20, 19:13   Link #219
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'd rather have (only in my dreams) Sega vs Capcom. But that's just me.~
I can see that you're a huge Sonic fan, so I'm not surprised you'd like to see that crossover happen. There could be some great characters in such a title, like Sonic of course, Shinobi, Vectorman, etc.
Old 2010-07-20, 20:20   Link #220
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I can see that you're a huge Sonic fan, so I'm not surprised you'd like to see that crossover happen. There could be some great characters in such a title, like Sonic of course, Shinobi, Vectorman, etc.
Sega published Bayonetta so a vs with Capcom could have the Kamiya showdown of Dante vs Bayonetta

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, ps3, xbox360