AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 03:57   Link #4121
Sumeragi
Banned

Apparently Miho is a dojikko only in regular life, with her senshado skills being separate.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 06:38   Link #4122
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

now this is Actas's Bakemonogatari

Quote:
*1, 26,445 Girls und Panzer
Old 2013-02-05, 07:52   Link #4123
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As for her clumsiness, that trait seems to have up and vanished by the 2nd episode onwards.
I see her being clumsy in more social settings. When she is in / around tanks its like she's back in her natural element, and any shred of clumsiness evaporates as if it were never there.

Oarai is a disciplined academy, but I'll bet it seems lax to her compared to the one she came from, and I think it was very awkward for her adjusting to her new environment.

@Rocket: Love the progress on the StuG! Keep us posted please!

The History Team had "Veni, Vidi, Vici" on the front of the tank, and a modified Afrika Korps emblem on the back. They also had something written on the rear of the superstructure (i.e. on the back of the "cab") but I was never able to catch what that was. Does anyone know?
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 09:16   Link #4124
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Apparently Miho is a dojikko only in regular life, with her senshado skills being separate.
Its amazing what a mind can do when in love.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:39   Link #4125
jmc247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
@Rocket: Love the progress on the StuG! Keep us posted please!

The History Team had "Veni, Vidi, Vici" on the front of the tank, and a modified Afrika Korps emblem on the back. They also had something written on the rear of the superstructure (i.e. on the back of the "cab") but I was never able to catch what that was. Does anyone know?
Shed sweat - not blood'.

Quote:
Field Marshal General Erwin Rommel - the Desert Fox

Between 1919 and 1933, he spent his time as commander of a internal security company in Friedrichshaften, as commander of an infantry regiment in Stuttgart and ended up in Dresden as an instructor where he was instrumental in creating a first-rate infantry that operated under one of his favourite maxims 'Shed sweat - not blood'. It was there that he wrote his seminal book on infantry tactics, Infanterie Greift An, which was written by him and published in 1937.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lanc.../plain/A531334
The expanded version of the Rommel quote he often used was, "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both".
jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 23:21   Link #4126
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
In other news, Platz will be releasing three more GuP-themed model kits, this time Ankou's Pz IV Ausf.G, Leopon's Porsche Tiger and Maho's Tiger:
The Panzer IV and the Tiger I pretty much boil down to just decal kits given how popular those models have been for decades. The Porsche Tiger is a lot more rare though. I imagine that the Type 89 and the Type 3 when it's released are real boons for collectors looking for rare models.

I also like how Yukari proves her tank connoisseur credentials as she shares her opinions of the tanks. I doubt that anyone is going to be able to impress her with a Porsche Tiger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ya know, it might be a way bit delayed, but I just realized that (in Little Army) Miho's family donated their old Panzer 4 to... a kindergarten. A KINDERGARTEN. What would preschool kids do with a Panzer 4?!?
Well, they'd be able to get their moped licenses in eleven years. So it's important to start them off young before they start running pedestrians over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Quote:
*1, 26,445 Girls und Panzer
now this is Actas's Bakemonogatari
Does anyone know where the ceiling is yet?
Old 2013-02-06, 14:21   Link #4127
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
The Panzer IV and the Tiger I pretty much boil down to just decal kits given how popular those models have been for decades. The Porsche Tiger is a lot more rare though. I imagine that the Type 89 and the Type 3 when it's released are real boons for collectors looking for rare models.
I checked on AmiAmi and HobbySearch; the first preorder of the Leopon Porsche Tiger is already sold out at both, and it was, what, 24 hours?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:00   Link #4128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine models of the Tiger (P) are rare in any scale.
Old 2013-02-06, 23:30   Link #4129
jmc247

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Does anyone know where the ceiling is yet?
It comes down to how much the sales of late have been because they didn't put out enough to start with and how much is increased interest in the series then December when it went on sale. Lets just hope they will be able to produce more for the second set before it goes on sale at the end of the month.

While the three month delay is annoying I certainly hope it is worth it in terms of the show being potentally going on for at least another season and in terms of the quality for the last two episodes.
Old 2013-02-07, 02:23   Link #4130
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
I think I read SFJ on the /AK/wiki after searching for GuP-like material. I recall not being all that impressed with it: too little tank-love if you ask me--tanks felt more like a fetishy gimmick than the main subject, and the characters were pretty meh.
I also don't like SFJ, there are some many points:
1. Tanks are drawed pretty bad, not good as same as GuP.
2. Characters are so-so, not interested.
3. The story is "wth", I don't know what is going on in SFJ, especially it start with MC's old Panther alone defeated MBT T-54s without let us know "how can they do that".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Absolutely agree!

That Type 89 came up on its drive sprockets for cryin' out loud, and she maintained control! And after that Stalin's near miss blew off the right side track (and the jack and an engine access panel I think!) she still managed to get a limping crawl out of it. Definately Bronze Star material.
Well, like I said before, Volley team should drive Chi-Nu instead give it to Gamer team because it is also a Japanese tank so Volley team will learn it faster than an all-green-crews team., thus that Gamer team got Chi-Nu is knocked out quickly (depsite it save flag tank in lucky).

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2013-02-07 at 02:33.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:44   Link #4131
12ice

I think the volleyball team getting the Chi-Nu would ruin the "never saw combat" joke.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 15:45   Link #4132
Gravitas Free Zone

"My little KV-tan will take care of them."

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"It's a box on tracks!"
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 19:54   Link #4133
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
It comes down to how much the sales of late have been because they didn't put out enough to start with and how much is increased interest in the series then December when it went on sale. Lets just hope they will be able to produce more for the second set before it goes on sale at the end of the month.
The first run of Volume 1 was sold out on Amazon over a week before the ship date. And every time a new batch of discs reached retailers, they would sell out within a couple of days. I can imagine that any buyers who didn't like to place pre-orders would have had a hard time getting their hands on one. There hasn't been any big news about Girls und Panzer since the original ship date, but I imagine that the very lack of supply will drive interest in the title.

The second volume's supply situation is going to be pretty interesting. Usually the distributor will produce discs based on the first volume's sales, but we don't really know what those sales are yet, and they probably have already started shipping to the retailers. Feb. 22 is going to be a fascinating date to watch.
Old 2013-02-09, 08:00   Link #4134
Sumeragi
Banned

Guderian bullying Rommel

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 22:54   Link #4135
jmc247

Quote:
Guderian bullying Rommel

lol

Who drew that?

I do have to say Guderian and Rommel have been showing the closet thing to a real friendship that crosses the boundries of the various tank teams on team Ōarai.

I actually like their friendship, it makes sense given the personalities of the characters and it makes historical sense too given that Guderian didn't have many friends in the German Army and Rommel was one of the few of them. In fact when Rommel was too sick to fight on in Africa he said Guderian is absolutely the only tank commander up to the task to be a replacement for him in Africa. Naturally, Herr Schicklgruber picked someone else who preformed quite badly and died in the middle of the second battle of El Alamein from a heart attack.

Last edited by jmc247; 2013-02-10 at 01:09.
Old 2013-02-10, 22:44   Link #4136
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Reading Wikipedia for the first time.. saw that Pravda also owns a Katyusha Rocket Launcher, although it was not used in the match. Is that info also listed at the official site? Just want to make sure, because info on Wikipedia can be easily edited.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:44   Link #4137
rocket
Senior and Demented

Some progress...

Ooari team (from Girls und Panzer) starting to take shape... by AdorableRocket, on Flickr

I'm going to try and do the flags tonite...

The Sculpy Miho is a bit of a fail, but I've learned loads and the next one will be much better!

Here's the next level team, just needs decals!

Ooarai ready for Pravda from Girls und Panzer by AdorableRocket, on Flickr
Old 2013-02-10, 22:46   Link #4138
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Reading Wikipedia for the first time.. saw that Pravda also owns a Katyusha Rocket Launcher, although it was not used in the match. Is that info also listed at the official site? Just want to make sure, because info on Wikipedia can be easily edited.
It shows up in the episode as Katyusha's transport when they meet the Ooarai girls before the match.

Yes, I did manage to find one in 15mm... (^_^);;
Old 2013-02-10, 22:50   Link #4139
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
It shows up in the episode as Katyusha's transport when they meet the Ooarai girls before the match.
Thanks. I didn't know that it is the rocket launcher.

Quote:
Some progress...

Here's the next level team, just needs decals!
Nice collection. That's a lot of tanks.
Already looks similar to the anime.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:39   Link #4140
4Tran

Quote:
Guderian bullying Rommel
A superior general is bullying an inferior general. Seems about right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
I actually like their friendship, it makes sense given the personalities of the characters and it makes historical sense too given that Guderian didn't have many friends in the German Army and Rommel was one of the few of them.
The girls are more sociable than their historical counterparts. Rommel and Guderian were as insubordinate as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Yup. It was Katyusha driving up in a Katyusha before singing Katyusha. So much symmetry.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks