AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 17:54   Link #1161
achirist

I was so thrilled to finally watch this episode. I miss the original OP, definitely, but I guess this one wasn't bad. I enjoyed the conversation between Natsuno and Tooru immensly, though I don't really buy the explanation--I'm sure there is a way for them to evolve into causing less harm. I wonder if Tatsumi is able to sense where they are, and that is why Tooru says they can't escape? I suppose their utter isolation also plays a part--they can't stow away in a box on a train if there is none around. Poor Megumi is more trapped than she ever was in life; and has her feelings manipulated constantly by Tatsumi. Her ending scene was just perfect--she was just out for a drink...

I really wish the tanaka kid had less screentime and especially lines--he needs to die, immediately--his immature, unrealistic, meaningless, empty words of "resolve" are obnoxious to hear. I guess his father will be the one to kill him...
Old 2010-10-18, 18:25   Link #1162
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I was so thrilled to finally watch this episode. I miss the original OP, definitely, but I guess this one wasn't bad. I enjoyed the conversation between Natsuno and Tooru immensly, though I don't really buy the explanation--I'm sure there is a way for them to evolve into causing less harm. I wonder if Tatsumi is able to sense where they are, and that is why Tooru says they can't escape? I suppose their utter isolation also plays a part--they can't stow away in a box on a train if there is none around. Poor Megumi is more trapped than she ever was in life; and has her feelings manipulated constantly by Tatsumi. Her ending scene was just perfect--she was just out for a drink...

I really wish the tanaka kid had less screentime and especially lines--he needs to die, immediately--his immature, unrealistic, meaningless, empty words of "resolve" are obnoxious to hear. I guess his father will be the one to kill him...
I'm quite sure that Tatsumi is not able to tell where everyone else is, its probably the fact that he knows the people who are bitten to well that he can predict what their actions are going to be. But the tanaka kid is fine... We need to get rid of Tatsumi o.o
Old 2010-10-18, 20:16   Link #1163
PzIVf3

Tatsumi must have gathered all information records and maps from the Health Office or the small Police station that he knows all people names and location address.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:02   Link #1164
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Tatsumi must have gathered all information records and maps from the Health Office or the small Police station that he knows all people names and location address.
That is also an option, there is always gotta be some source from where Tatsumi is getting this stuff at..
Old 2010-10-19, 00:50   Link #1165
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I just think everyone is so scared of him, that they think he's capable of far more than he eactually is.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:05   Link #1166
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
But seriously, i wonder how it will end now, there have been signs all along that this is a lost cause. I have read the manga but this seems to be diverging.
Diverging? It looks to me as if it's following the manga almost exactly, just leaving a few things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
He's a pretty typical hotblooded kid, in my opinion. I mean, what do you expect a 12-13-year-old to do?

edit: A few of the other things you're all asking about should be addressed in the course of the show, so you have two options, really: cave in and read the manga, or just wait patiently

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-19 at 07:18.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:08   Link #1167
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
He's a pretty typical hotblooded kid, in my opinion. I mean, what do you expect a 12-13-year-old to do?
QFT. He's acting exactly right which Ive said before, I dont know how mature a 12-13 year old who's watching his village die is suppose to act. Thats why there's Natsuno to be the more balanced one.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 07:06   Link #1168
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
QFT. He's acting exactly right which Ive said before, I dont know how mature a 12-13 year old who's watching his village die is suppose to act. Thats why there's Natsuno to be the more balanced one.
Natsuno should definitely know better and really he and his family are the main ones that irk me. Natsuno knows exactly what he's up against and is still acting like an idiot. I mean hiding in your room with a hammer when you know they're coming for you is just beyond stupidity.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:47   Link #1169
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Natsuno should definitely know better and really he and his family are the main ones that irk me. Natsuno knows exactly what he's up against and is still acting like an idiot. I mean hiding in your room with a hammer when you know they're coming for you is just beyond stupidity.
Well...what do you think he should have done then? Run away and abandon everyone else to their fates?

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-19, 10:14   Link #1170
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well...what do you think he should have done then? Run away and abandon everyone else to their fates?
yes. instead he tried to act like a hero and got the vampire hickey treatment.

Of course, we wouldn't have much of a story if that was the case. Or maybe we would, I actually think that would be wayy cool.. ran away, but continued to be haunted by what happened, and eventually had to come back to find the whole villiage turned completely upside down.

Hmm.. Though isn't the exit out of the village blocked anyways now?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 10:24   Link #1171
keroro gunsou

Please read the novel of shiki, if you can read Japanese...
It is the best book I have ever read !!!
Beautiful,deep,and it made me know how weak humanity is....
I like the anime of shiki. But, it is not as good as the novel !!!
Huyumi Ono was better than S,King !!!

Last edited by keroro gunsou; 2010-10-20 at 04:01.
keroro gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 12:12   Link #1172
Bern-san

wish i knew japanese to read it...

why didn't natsuno go to the ozaki clinic? tatsumi told natsuno that also the doctor was giving problems or sth like that, or seishin because i think monks usually believe in this kind of things.. anyway he could have done something more
but i get the impression that he might not become a shiki (the opening makes think that way but again it's just an opening...)

hope the green-haired nurse gets more screen, also a scene with tohru watching her or something like that; i liked the natsuno-tohru-green nurse trio (especially the couple that megumi broke before it could even start with tohru and the nurse)
Old 2010-10-19, 12:42   Link #1173
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
why didn't natsuno go to the ozaki clinic? tatsumi told natsuno that also the doctor was giving problems or sth like that, or seishin because i think monks usually believe in this kind of things.. anyway he could have done something more
I think the anime left the reason out of episode 6. When Natsuno went to see the doctor the first time, Ozaki may have realised what Natsuno was insinuating, but his first reaction was still to laugh. In the manga,
Spoiler for chapters 5-6:

Natsuno did try quite a few things - like sticking up spiritual items all over his room...but the reactions of all the adults around him really weren't encouraging, so he came to the conclusion that he could only rely on himself.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-19, 15:14   Link #1174
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Hmm.. Though isn't the exit out of the village blocked anyways now?
Supposedly, the only entrance to the town was closed with explosives.

Don't mail or supplies ever get delivered to that town? You'd think someone
would notice the town is sealed off sooner or later.

Also, once the entire town is vampirized, won't the Vamps have to leave to go
feed in neighboring towns?

How long is this "secret" vampire enclave supposed to stay secret?

Gotta wonder what the long range plans of the Vamps are.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:22   Link #1175
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Supposedly, the only entrance to the town was closed with explosives.

Don't mail or supplies ever get delivered to that town? You'd think someone
would notice the town is sealed off sooner or later.

Also, once the entire town is vampirized, won't the Vamps have to leave to go
feed in neighboring towns?

How long is this "secret" vampire enclave supposed to stay secret?

Gotta wonder what the long range plans of the Vamps are.
Isn't it the entrance of an '(semi-)abandoned' village that was closed off? And that village is close to the village where Shiki takes place in? And in that village many of the risen live now?

For some reason that's how I remember it.....
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:57   Link #1176
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Isn't it the entrance of an '(semi-)abandoned' village that was closed off? And that village is close to the village where Shiki takes place in? And in that village many of the risen live now?

For some reason that's how I remember it.....
I thought it was the semi-abandoned village too. Megumi mentioned that she was even farther into the sticks and that was closed off making it even more boring than her previous life.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 06:31   Link #1177
Edgewalker
Nani ?

New OP is epic.

Shiki has grown to be my favorite for summer/fall.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 08:39   Link #1178
JBourque

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
Please read the novel of shiki, if you can read Japanese...
It is the best book I have ever read !!!
Beautiful,deep,and it made me know how weak humanity is....
I like the anime of shiki. But, it is not as good as the novel !!!
Huyumi Ono was better than S,King !!!

I do have the Japanese reading ability to read it if I come across it. (I wish more people wanted to learn...) I'll check it out thanks to your recommendation. I really see elements of what you mean about the weakness of humanity represented in this last episode, which I felt was part of a continuing masterpiece. (Not anything about individual characters' choices, but the whole thing put together as one unit.)

I'm continuing to watch and looking forward to more.
JBourque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 10:57   Link #1179
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Isn't it the entrance of an '(semi-)abandoned' village that was closed off? And that village is close to the village where Shiki takes place in? And in that village many of the risen live now? For some reason that's how I remember it.....
I believe it is the tiny village -- 3-4 houses? -- where the first people were found dead, and also where the construction family lived. So it is now empty of live people and has been taken over by the undead. I think of it as a sort of outlying neighborhood of the main village.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:02   Link #1180
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I believe it is the tiny village -- 3-4 houses? -- where the first people were found dead, and also where the construction family lived. So it is now empty of live people and has been taken over by the undead. I think of it as a sort of outlying neighborhood of the main village.
This area, known as Yamairi, is where Tatsumi et al house the newly risen (cf. Masao in episode 7), training them to adapt to their new lifestyles. They sealed it off so that the humans in the village don't go poking around there...

- Patrick Stokes

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire