AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-20, 17:11   Link #601
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I still believe that he's very evenly matched with Mina. They seem
very comfortable with one another. It seems that they would be
the couple to be able to "go the distance".

The Tsukasa matching, cute thought she is seems somewhat one sided.
Despite her bentos he's usually trying to fix something that broke down
between the two of them.

And it would be somewhat difficult for Aoba-san to get on even footing
with Sayuri - she seems like she's nearly ready for university level at this
point. But we'll see - I still am maintaining her somewhat professional
demeanor is a sophisticated facade. I'm waiting for it to crack further.

Maybe if The Sayuri-Secret Confessions Diary gets found by our
hero that could change things up but she seems very controlled and
unlikely to commit any errors like that.
Old 2006-12-20, 17:18   Link #602
ThoHell

I some what want Aoba and Mina to end up together, but she kinda looks werid. Tsukasa and Aoba is entertaining, I wouldn't mind them ending up completely in the end. But who knows, maybe the mysterious transfer student who will show up in ep 14, unless it's a guy.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:24   Link #603
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whatever the outcome is im sure it would leave the others feeling depressed i still say its pretty even as there is hardly a glimpse of who riku has taken a liking to...i mean because of his caring male genes he just cant leave any one of the girls unanswered ~ makes it all the more crueler when he pick the final girl...

that or he could break everyone's hearts by going with inukai XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:30   Link #604
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL pick no one and go around watching sport girls with the Trio

Damn... I feel so lonely in my Tsukasa adoration/rooting/etc

Edit : LOL, what can I say, I was in a hurry I didn't make the same mistake in my other posts

Last edited by npal; 2006-12-21 at 05:09.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 20:26   Link #605
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

No way men, Im also rooting for Tsukasa! But what I want the most is to get some more drama in the show, and I think Tsukasa can do it!
*secretly roots for Psycho-Kasuga *
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 21:07   Link #606
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
How does love-[spoiler]sound?
Spoiler for Episode 14:
Sounds very very very very very good, not because that we need a higher odds to have us work out the potential pair, but because as it happens Osananajimi-theme is one of the two most favorite subject of mine in any anime story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Damn... I feel so lonely in my Tsukara adoration/rooting/etc
That's because you're spelling Tsukasa with a r which probably what separates you from other Tsukasa-fans! Jokes aside, there are few Tsukasa-fans here like Shiroth there and so am I. I just adore Mina-chan just a tiny bit more, though that doesn't lessen my appreciation for Tsukasa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
that or he could break everyone's hearts by going with inukai XD

That's a good suggestion! And it looks like I'm the only here in the thread who wants to pair up Amamiya with Sakurai. Truth of the matter is, at this point in time I don't want to see her compete with Mina-chan and Tsukasa because she is so composed (a.k.a a hag).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Perhaps you mean she seems overly mature and composed for someone her age, that she doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve someone her age would normally do. She does seem to have all the attributes of a 'class rep' or if you will 'Chief Executive Officer' type - very controlled with regards to the emotions and playing things very close the vest.

I can't wait until she cracks. It will be spectacular.
Nicely put! Yeah, it should be a spectcular spectacle when her outer shell cracks, although, we have already got a little taste of it. May be then she will attract a few more sympathetic fans?

Last edited by monir; 2006-12-20 at 23:17. Reason: fixed spelling Amamiya by ridding of an extra "ma". Thanks Jaruromania!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:41   Link #607
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Amamamiya doesnt want 2 get involved in romance is b/c almost every male in school likes her, and that gives her pressure
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:47   Link #608
Jaruromania

Until I hear a "Riku-kun...saitei!" (Riku-kun is the worst!) with a slap in the face and tears from Ms. Amamiya Sayuri, I don't even want her to be a contender for Riku's love. Amamiya is really composed and perfect in every way, but that's just another way of saying that she's boring and doesn't do anything. I know there's Mina supporters everywhere, but I'm rooting for Tsukasa all the way.

By the way, is this "Amamamiya" thing intentional or is it to liken her to Mario or something?
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 23:12   Link #609
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
By the way, is this "Amamamiya" thing intentional or is it to liken her to Mario or something?
haha.. lol.. that was a typo! Npal probably set out a curse for pointing out his typo. It's like spelling Sumomomomo where I'm never sure how many "mo" I should add before stopping when trying from memory. Agree with you on the Amamiya thoughts by the way.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 03:35   Link #610
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Ok well to start off ToHell i have to say that is she really boring or maybe she is hiding her true self like a facade, i mean sure she might seem boring right not but i reckon later on i get the feeling she will have alot more supporters. I feel you really can't make a judgement on a girl before the series finishes cause you never know what surprises the writer might pull!

This maybe cause i'm a Sayuri fan, so far i've seen alot of Mina fans, a few Tsukasa fans, but not enough Sayuri fans!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 04:03   Link #611
ati

I'm Sayuri's fan too so I wonder that Riku will end up with who? it'll be disappoint me if that one is not Sayuri
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 05:08   Link #612
slidingk1

Is it just me or watching episode 12 you think of Gantz.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 05:10   Link #613
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That's a good suggestion! And it looks like I'm the only here in the thread who wants to pair up Amamiya with Sakurai. Truth of the matter is, at this point in time I don't want to see her compete with Mina-chan and Tsukasa because she is so composed (a.k.a a hag).
wouldnt it just be shocking if they turned out to be related ~ irony
and wtf? she is no "hag" by anymeans ~ ill prefer mentally stable

ill say it her and now ~ im a Mina fan! *cheer for the shy type*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-21, 08:05   Link #614
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

If the series ends with a Sayuri ending ... I'll be RLY sad.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 12:42   Link #615
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Is it me, or is the thread starting to fall into talk about your personal feelings about your favorite or least favored couplings again?

It must be the so-called predictability of a RikuxSayuri ending that gives them so little support. I don't mind, since it's quite logical in that sense. For me, though, I prefer to see character development more than just the notion of seeing a predictable ending. Endings in such animes can be reused millions of times, but the way it comes about can be entirely different. Of course, things would be even better if Sayuri was actually as surprising as Shion from OwbnK.

Neither do I think people should be complaining about her suddenly going out of character. For all I know, Mina has been the same whenever it concerns Riku. The shy, quiet girl suddenly has the courage to ask him to do various things for her in a subtle way. That being said, I currently have no particular dislike for any of the other two girls, that's for sure.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 13:21   Link #616
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far I'm not complaining (even if it does follow a predictable "sayuri" ending. But I would like to see more character evolution of the girls and they still have time to do that. I would be disappointed if the episodes turned non-progressive slice-of-life (i.e. stuff happens, conflict, resolve, all stand around at end and chuckle at some awful joke) aka sitcom-ish.
Old 2006-12-21, 13:55   Link #617
firewolf_005
月光の&

Send a message via MSN to firewolf_005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far I'm not complaining (even if it does follow a predictable "sayuri" ending. But I would like to see more character evolution of the girls and they still have time to do that. I would be disappointed if the episodes turned non-progressive slice-of-life (i.e. stuff happens, conflict, resolve, all stand around at end and chuckle at some awful joke) aka sitcom-ish.
I agree with that. I would hate to see this anime end as a slice of life type of anime. Though I don't think that it will end up like that.

Actually, I have a feeling that this anime is very similar to Ichigo 100% toned down greatly mind you... but very similar none the less. If that being the comparison, that would mean that aoba kun will end up with Tsukasa chan in the end of the anime. (I say that not about popularity, but in regards to the girl that was first dated) Personally though, unless I see some better, more enthusiastic change in Amamiya chan's over all composition of her character, I'd say she doesn't deserve Aoba kun at all! She is no where near his level. I always get the feeling as if Amamiya san has a plank or something stuck up her back end so far she can't do anything about being a stuck up person. On the other hand, she could be as some of you guys have said, is hiding in a shell of her own making due to the problems with the many fans she has at the school.

SPOILER

Spoiler:

I'm a Tsukasa Fan by the way

Before I end up ruining the story for people, (if I haven't already) how do I put up the spoiler hide?

Last edited by firewolf_005; 2007-01-17 at 14:25. Reason: spoiler edit
firewolf_005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 14:08   Link #618
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

you put the word "spoiler" in [], type what you want inside and end the spoiler using [/spoiler].

Goodie, another Tsukasa fan
Old 2006-12-21, 14:30   Link #619
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewolf_005 View Post
I agree with that. I would hate to see this anime end as a slice of life type of anime. Though I don't think that it will end up like that.

Actually, I have a feeling that this anime is very similar to Ichigo 100% toned down greatly mind you... but very similar none the less. If that being the comparison, that would mean that aoba kun will end up with Tsukasa chan in the end of the anime. (I say that not about popularity, but in regards to the girl that was first dated) Personally though, unless I see some better, more enthusiastic change in Amamiya chan's over all composition of her character, I'd say she doesn't deserve Aoba kun at all! She is no where near his level. I always get the feeling as if Amamiya san has a plank or something stuck up her back end so far she can't do anything about being a stuck up person. On the other hand, she could be as some of you guys have said, is hiding in a shell of her own making due to the problems with the many fans she has at the school.

SPOILER

Also the reaction we got from Amamiya san when Aoba kun made the drama confession that wasn't really meant (or maybe it was... after all, we don't know what girl was in his mind when he made the drama confession) for her, I think she might have wanted his confession after seeing the expression on her face. She probably ran out and denied him because she was upset by him trying to telling her that the confession wasn't real and that he didn't want to confess to her. How ironic....

I'm a Tsukasa Fan by the way

Before I end up ruining the story for people, (if I haven't already) how do I put up the spoiler hide?
OH good point! What girl was he thinking about when he made that drama confession type fo deal? And I got to agree about the sense Amamiya being disappointed and irrated when Aoba was trying to tell her that confession was a mistake...
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 14:55   Link #620
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
well i wont say that a sayuri ED is predictable ~ if i really had to but it as a percentage so far ~

sayuri ~ 40% ish
mina ~ 35% ish
tsukasa ~ 25% ish

even with tsukasa getting the spotlight with riku a few times i just get the feeling that its still a one sided affair ~ riku is only there to comfort her not out of love (well maybe a little bit of love but who knows )

im sute development would continue...and with the new arrival soon i hope its gonna be hell tsukasa MKII would be fun to watch

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-12-21 at 16:33.

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life