AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 139 38.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 100 27.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 75 20.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 7.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.55%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-07, 20:09   Link #281
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

"Damned Rugby players...."
"They won't hear you if you're that quiet.
DAMNED RUGBY PLAYERS!!"
"Eeee!"

One of my favorite parts. The Tomoya/Sunohara interaction was, in my opinion, very amusing. Aside from that, I also enjoyed the Kyou/Ryou/Tomoya interaction scene.

Just wanted to post that quote.
Old 2007-10-07, 21:36   Link #282
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What do you people mean by transitions? I personally think that the flow of episode one is very good, because I'm watching Clannad as an anime, not an anime from KyoAni. My purpose of watching Clannad is not to prove or disprove if this work lives up to KyoAni's past works or not, but simply if I enjoy it or not. For me the episode did progress kinda fast, but overall it still deserved a 10/10. It's better than most of the anime I've watched last season, so putting KyoAni aside, Clannad's first episode is win.
Old 2007-10-07, 22:14   Link #283
Zerokule

I love the look of the series and I see similarities to other popular series, namely Kanon and Haruhi. I'm excited to see how this goes.
Old 2007-10-07, 23:09   Link #284
zxnapple

I love the first meet ,and the ed is wonderful.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:14   Link #285
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Damn, why are all the side characters superior to the main girl. ;_;
Old 2007-10-08, 01:02   Link #286
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I think that the point is not who Tomoya is going with, in the end, but how he will solve the girls' issues and his.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:19   Link #287
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
What do you people mean by transitions? I personally think that the flow of episode one is very good, because I'm watching Clannad as an anime, not an anime from KyoAni. My purpose of watching Clannad is not to prove or disprove if this work lives up to KyoAni's past works or not, but simply if I enjoy it or not. For me the episode did progress kinda fast, but overall it still deserved a 10/10. It's better than most of the anime I've watched last season, so putting KyoAni aside, Clannad's first episode is win.
I'm watching Clannad as an anime of Key more than anything else, and so far I'm pleased. The KyoAni parts are interesting and I did like what they did with Kanon. However, I'm ultimately watching this because I'm a fan of Key's works.

There's also many detail-oriented aspects of this that I'm looking forward to, but that stuff will bore most people.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:33   Link #288
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Damn, why are all the side characters superior to the main girl. ;_;
Superior ? Unless you mean superior in physical strength (Kyou and Tomoyo), yes Nagisa would not be that high on the list ... but this isn't a fighting anime.

If you mean you like other characters more than Nagisa ...well ... tough luck I am sure many of us have their favorites who are not necessarily Nagisa. That said - while not my favorite, i find Nagisa very cute and her interactions with Tomoya are quite interesting

"Whats the hand for ?"
"Well ... nothing special."
*ignores the hand*

I found that moment rather cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I'm watching Clannad as an anime of Key more than anything else, and so far I'm pleased. The KyoAni parts are interesting and I did like what they did with Kanon. However, I'm ultimately watching this because I'm a fan of Key's works.

There's also many detail-oriented aspects of this that I'm looking forward to, but that stuff will bore most people.
Anime of Key with improved visuals The graphics of Clannad game are relatively sub-par, and from the looks of it i would say the anime is an improvement. (Much like it was the case for Air and Kanon).

Though seriously - i am watching Clannad, and thats that, simply because i enjoy stories such as these. KyoAni/Key give some reassurance that things are, most likely, going to turn out good, but in the end that is just an icing on the top.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:39   Link #289
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hopefully little blood is spilled if people's favourite girl doesn't get the best ending. Apparently on 2ch riots can break out over who is the definitive girl the guy ends up with.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:42   Link #290
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Oh come now, i think it is painfully obvious that it is either Nagisa or bust From what i have seen so far, i can not imagine it being anyone else without becoming delusional
Old 2007-10-08, 01:57   Link #291
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I thought it was pretty blatant that Nagisa was going to be the main girl...I mean for crying out loud, her theme song is also the ED theme!

Remember everyone: First Girl Wins!
Old 2007-10-08, 02:04   Link #292
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The first girl argument doesn't even hold weight here. It's clearly obvious by the first scene that she was going to be the light that restores his stale, blue-tinted angsty life.

As for the which girl is better, etc, it's just the first episode. First impressions are in the end, just first impressions. It's easy to link a preferential character archetype, but in the end, how the story ties together is far more important than which girl is better than which.

Thus far, all the girls are 'meh' to me. Nothing bad for a first episode characterization, but nothing outstanding either. Attractive designs and first-layer of character development/chemistry do nothing to me, though the potential is indeed there.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-08, 04:16   Link #293
Un1234l

Ugh... I'm feeling depressed for some reason.

I watched the first episode of Clannad 2 days ago, and thought it was a great start to the series, giving it a 9/10. Then today (or rather yesterday), when my cousins came over, I decided to show them Clannad and how amazing it was. And you know what they said after seeing the intro scene with Tomoya and Nagisa? It seems like a typical anime. O_O. That didn't bother me much, but I did wonder why they thought it was typical. Didn't have a chance to ask, but they seemed interested in it though. I didn't show them it all yet though, because during the OP I remembered that Clanand is not a show that is meant to be watched with a group of people, but rather by yourself (Plus we had to eat).

And now I CAN'T SLEEP. This is really bad for one's health -_-. I never felt like this earlier. I guess my growing curiosity is making me insane. But to be more on topic, do any of you guys have any idea why they might think it's a typical anime (they're not all boys, some girls too).
Old 2007-10-08, 04:28   Link #294
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@Un1234l,

Moral of the story: Don't be too quick to show anime off. Most people don't have the "audience competence" necessary to enjoy it as much we do.

(Now even my Theatre Studies module is going to my head, too. )
Old 2007-10-08, 07:59   Link #295
EternalDragonWarrior
Haruhiist/Konata Fanboy

Definitely a solid first ep, the music is excellent and it maintains the calm, surreal Key atmosphere. Of course, Nagisa is pure moe as well XD
Old 2007-10-08, 08:13   Link #296
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
"Damned Rugby players...."
"They won't hear you if you're that quiet.
DAMNED RUGBY PLAYERS!!"
"Eeee!"

Just wanted to post that quote.
haha
same here. Fell off my chair laughing at that scene

hey, a question to the ppls who played the game.... Is Kyou going to be some kind of tsudere character in the future?
Old 2007-10-08, 09:44   Link #297
slackerz
slacking is good^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-08, 11:41   Link #298
rg4619

Quote:
Ugh... I'm feeling depressed for some reason.

I watched the first episode of Clannad 2 days ago, and thought it was a great start to the series, giving it a 9/10. Then today (or rather yesterday), when my cousins came over, I decided to show them Clannad and how amazing it was. And you know what they said after seeing the intro scene with Tomoya and Nagisa? It seems like a typical anime. O_O. That didn't bother me much, but I did wonder why they thought it was typical. Didn't have a chance to ask, but they seemed interested in it though. I didn't show them it all yet though, because during the OP I remembered that Clanand is not a show that is meant to be watched with a group of people, but rather by yourself (Plus we had to eat).

And now I CAN'T SLEEP. This is really bad for one's health -_-. I never felt like this earlier. I guess my growing curiosity is making me insane. But to be more on topic, do any of you guys have any idea why they might think it's a typical anime (they're not all boys, some girls too).
I don't understand what the big deal is. Aside from the beautiful presentation, none of the content in Episode 1 stands out as being particularly unique or amazing. There're a few hints of the supernatural (not particularly unique in anime either), but that's about it.

Intro scene = simple boy meets girl setup. Audio-visually, the scene is pretty and atmospheric (eye candy isn't enough to convince everyone of originality/uniqueness), but the actual premise and dialogue are standard.
Old 2007-10-08, 11:53   Link #299
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerz View Post
Spoiler:
I think it has been mentioned
Old 2007-10-08, 12:06   Link #300
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Key is 3 for 3 now. Does this mean we will be seeing a Planetarian anime in the near future?
Anyways I gave this episode a 10. The music and animation were above average to good I'd say. The storyline was kinda stale, but then again I wasn't expecting much out of a first episode so I didn't bother to take off any points for that. Drama and angst are my favorite elements in any anime, so when I heard Tomoya's opening sentence of "I hate this city" I could tell that I would probably enjoy Clannad. I know its not really fair to use other animes as measuring sticks but if KyoAni does half as good a job as they did with Air and Kanon then I will be completely satisfied by Clannad.
Closed Thread