http://www.darkmirage.com/
Yeah, I also like Otakuism and Memento.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 07:50   Link #1282
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Would Code geass end with R2, or is it possible that there's the need of a S3?
R2. This show was always planned as a 50 episode series and all indications show this will be the end.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 08:52   Link #1283
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
R2. This show was always planned as a 50 episode series and all indications show this will be the end.
I'm actually glad I'm here and now while R2 is coming out every week, instead of finding it a year after it's over and then watching, then these forums wouldn't be so active as when it was being broadcasted
Old 2008-05-21, 18:03   Link #1284
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Is it anywhere mentioned what rank Anya has in the 12 Knights of the round? We know that Zino is No.3 and Suzaku is No.7 but I cant remember Anya called by her number anywhere.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 18:24   Link #1285
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Is it anywhere mentioned what rank Anya has in the 12 Knights of the round? We know that Zino is No.3 and Suzaku is No.7 but I cant remember Anya called by her number anywhere.
Anya is the Knight of Six.
Old 2008-05-21, 20:29   Link #1286
Skane
Anime Snark

Lightbulb

Has it occurred to anybody else that there might be a poetic (perhaps unwittingly) symbolism in how Lelouch defeats his enemies? By destroying the foundations on which they stand on. Shaking their bases and creating chaos where once there was order.

I mean frell, they even did it in R2 Ep07 by using bubbles to collapse the naval ships. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins an aerial battle by somehow manipulating the air pressure below the enemy air units, causing them to plummet to the ground.

Cheers.
Old 2008-05-21, 20:42   Link #1287
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict

Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Has it occurred to anybody else that there might be a poetic (perhaps unwittingly) symbolism in how Lelouch defeats his enemies? By destroying the foundations on which they stand on. Shaking their bases and creating chaos where once there was order.

I mean frell, they even did it in R2 Ep07 by using bubbles to collapse the naval ships. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins an aerial battle by somehow manipulating the air pressure below the enemy air units, causing them to plummet to the ground.

Cheers.

I don't think it's symbolism as much as it is just a convenient and effective way to destroy an army when outnumbered.
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 23:34   Link #1288
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
I think it's probably the unwitting symbolism you suggest. I mean I think they have symbolism in a lot of things that happen in the series, but that just seems to in depth.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 02:46   Link #1289
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing

Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Anya should get some more screen time as she looks like she has some connection with Lelouch and C.C.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 14:15   Link #1290
Runty

I have to say this: the more and more I look at Code Geass and its awesomeness, the more I see it as a mix between Gundam and Fire Emblem. If you don't know about Fire Emblem, it's a tactical RPG series made by Nintendo that emphasizes on strategy and utilization of unique characters in your army.

Anyone else think I'm right?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 16:56   Link #1291
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I have to say this: the more and more I look at Code Geass and its awesomeness, the more I see it as a mix between Gundam and Fire Emblem. If you don't know about Fire Emblem, it's a tactical RPG series made by Nintendo that emphasizes on strategy and utilization of unique characters in your army.

Anyone else think I'm right?
Hmm, well it has Gundam's mechs and emotional drama and Fire Emblems wide cast of characters, plot twists, and tactical ingenuity, so yes I suppose one could say it has elements of both. Also, and I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but Gundam and CG were both done by Sunrise, so it's natural that they would have similarities.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:00   Link #1292
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I may be like way outta the loop.
but am i the only one not enjoying R2 NEARLY as much as R1.....hasn't r2 gotten like poor ratings so far neways
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 03:16   Link #1293
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Official English episode titles given in the trading cards.

Turn 1 The Day a Demon Awakens
Turn 2 Plan For Independent Japan
Turn 3 Imprisoned in Campus
Turn 4 Counterattack at the Gallows
Turn 5 Knights of the Round
Turn 6 Surprise Attack Over the Pacific
Turn 7 The Abandoned Mask
Turn 8 One Million Miracles
Turn 9 A Bride in the Red Forbidden City
Turn 10 When Shen Hu Wins Glory
Turn 11 Power of Passion
Turn 12 Love Attack!
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 05:51   Link #1294
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Does anyone else think its ironic that the OotBK truly are black knights now?

The term black knight comes from when a knight would lose there Lord and had to blacken out the crest/coat of arms on their armor as a symbol that they were Lordless, not because they were wicked, cruel or dishonourable.

I find it quite fitting that we had a second black rebellion in EP 19 of R2 were they rebelled against their own Lord instead of Britannia embracing there name whole heartedly.

Oh and on a side note Black knights were the objects of public ridicule and abuse because of there shame. Something that might happen to the OotBK if Kaguya, Tian Zi and Li find out the truth from Kallen and release it to the public. I'm assuming the head of UFN, Empress of china and Zeroes personal bodyguard should be enough to convince everyone that lelouch is the real deal and the OotBK are a bunch of lairs.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 05:59   Link #1295
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Does anyone else think its ironic that the OotBK truly are black knights now?

The term black knight comes from when a knight would lose there Lord and had to blacken out the crest/coat of arms on their armor as a symbol that they were Lordless, not because they were wicked, cruel or dishonourable.

I find it quite fitting that we had a second black rebellion in EP 19 of R2 were they rebelled against their own Lord instead of Britannia embracing there name whole heartedly.

Oh and on a side note Black knights were the objects of public ridicule and abuse because of there shame. Something that might happen to the OotBK if Kaguya, Tian Zi and Li find out the truth from Kallen and release it to the public. I'm assuming the head of UFN, Empress of china and Zeroes personal bodyguard should be enough to convince everyone that lelouch is the real deal and the OotBK are a bunch of lairs.

You might find this interesting but if you had come up with this bit of information back when the Black Knights were founded you would've pretty much predicted the outcome of this series.

There are a lot of times in animes where there's special tidbits that are setup through the course of the entire series. This would be one such thing. The Black Knights name was obviously a cliche choice because of its meaning. The name was a full setup for this occurence.

One of my favorite examples of tidbits/setups is Last Exile. Every episode (except for I believe ONE of them) is named after a Chess move, piece, or Chess relation. That might not necessarily set anything up... But I think it has something to do with the general layout of the episodes. I'd have to look further into that.
Old 2008-08-25, 06:09   Link #1296
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
You might find this interesting but if you had come up with this bit of information back when the Black Knights were founded you would've pretty much predicted the outcome of this series.

There are a lot of times in animes where there's special tidbits that are setup through the course of the entire series. This would be one such thing. The Black Knights name was obviously a cliche choice because of its meaning. The name was a full setup for this occurence.

One of my favorite examples of tidbits/setups is Last Exile. Every episode (except for I believe ONE of them) is named after a Chess move, piece, or Chess relation. That might not necessarily set anything up... But I think it has something to do with the general layout of the episodes. I'd have to look further into that.
I know, its called foreshaowing and geass its full of it. The one bit i didn't want to believe though was when Orange started calling Lelouch "your majesty" after joining the OotBk in EP 13. EP 22's title is making me think differently.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 22:11   Link #1297
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I may be like way outta the loop.
but am i the only one not enjoying R2 NEARLY as much as R1.....hasn't r2 gotten like poor ratings so far neways
Ovaerall, the ratings for it have improved from the first one and the DVDs seem to be selling pretty good.
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 22:12   Link #1298
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
Ovaerall, the ratings for it have improved from the first one and the DVDs seem to be selling pretty good.
dvds topped the charts, they're selling incredibly well iirc.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 01:02   Link #1299
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

Has the series ever inspired you to join the military?
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 01:08   Link #1300
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
Has the series ever inspired you to join the military?
No, not at all. If anything, it discourages me.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote