AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 05:30   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I'm just hoping for an anime original ending. But we'll see how it all gets handled
We'll probably get the manga ending.
Old 2009-11-12, 05:34   Link #42
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Now that just sounds unfair. In the manga you can't hear the music at all
Reread what I said. I read the manga for the story. I meant just that. The second season anime came to the point where it was no different from your average manga adaptation, instead of the whole involving musical experience that the first season was. I didn't want to see such a Nodame Cantabile. I just satisfied what little interest I had left (the story, characters) with what was available from the manga which, at that point, was no different from what we got from the anime, as you said.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 06:08   Link #43
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

You don't enjoy hearing the characters actually speak out loud, then? For me the voice acting is always like half of the appeal of any show (exaggerating here, maybe).
Old 2009-11-12, 06:37   Link #44
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... apparently I'm just not reaching you, so I'll leave it at that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 07:03   Link #45
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

I understand that you didn't watch the second season because it didn't provide you with the same experience as the first one, it simply doesn't fit into my head how anyone could ever prefer a manga over anime (I mean the case when the manga is "no different from what we got from the anime", not the case when the adaptation is outright bad) because of all the things that an anime can have but a manga can't. (edit: No, wait, now that I think about it, there are people out there who prefer manga (in general) over anime... so I guess it doesn't matter, I'll just keep bashing my head to the wall and wondering about how could that be).
Old 2009-11-12, 12:41   Link #46
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Alot of people didn't like the 2nd season anime, because they said the music scenes aren't long enough. I liked the 2nd season much more, because of the music scenes was shorter. If I wanted to hear the music itself, I'll download/buy it. Especially when classical music sound so much better with my headphones then my cheapo PC speakers.

For most manga adaption, it's pretty boring to watch the exact same thing again. But the mood of the first season was done better, the 2nd season was a much faster watch. I think it's the problem of the length of the season, 11 episodes means the season needs to be face pace. 26 (was it 4?) episodes can take things abit more slower.

There's quite alot of story left, is there any news how long this season would be? There's about 7-8 volumes left, usually this would take a full 2 cour.
Old 2009-11-12, 13:45   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
There's quite alot of story left, is there any news how long this season would be? There's about 7-8 volumes left, usually this would take a full 2 cour.
There aren't any information out there yet to verify how many episodes this season is going to be consisted of. I also checked Moonphase. Once the official site announce the DVD release date, we will have a number. I personally think this is going to be another one cour season. It's very rare for any series to do 2 cour for a sequel.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:03   Link #48
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We'll probably get the manga ending.
We probably will, but I'm hoping we don't. However, I'm pretty sure expressing WHY that is would be off topic at best

More on topic, I gather there is still some uncertainty to number of episodes? I presume they will at least be releasing BluRay rather than DVD?
Old 2009-11-13, 14:02   Link #49
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Still alot of anime are only released in DVD. Many release limited edition DVDs, then when the run is finished, they release a blu-ray box. To be honest, Nodame doesn't seem like a show where I would be asking for blu-ray quality. I don't think they'll release Nodame in blu-ray, since this is aimed at mainstream (Japan is just like the rest of the world, where blu-ray isn't that popular with 'normal' people).

The manga ending was barely an ending...it just kinda...stopped. Nodame was the type of manga where it could have went on forever. So I don't really mind if they do a 'proper' ending. I don't understand why they're ending it, I thought the mangaka was pretty ill so she plans to stop drawing manga, but then she's drawing a spin off series for Nodame.
Old 2009-12-07, 18:11   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I adore many seiyuu, but I still usually enjoy a manga at least as much as, or more than, its anime. The anime gives things more vividness and definition, but that extra definition also puts a kind of limitation on your imagination.

In this case, however, it was the drama that spoiled me for the anime. The drama was just too good. It cast even season one into the shade for me, and season two ran through things too quickly for me.

But that doesn't mean I won't be there for this show, expecting to enjoy it.

EDIT: According to MoonPhase, Kon Chiaki will be back to direct, but there will be a new lead writer: Nakashima Kazuki, a playwright and novelist who was lead writer on Gurren-Lagann.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-07 at 18:24.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:29   Link #51
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
EDIT: According to MoonPhase, Kon Chiaki will be back to direct, but there will be a new lead writer: Nakashima Kazuki, a playwright and novelist who was lead writer on Gurren-Lagann.
I believe in the Nodame who believes in herself?
Old 2009-12-07, 21:59   Link #52
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanty View Post
I understand that you didn't watch the second season because it didn't provide you with the same experience as the first one, it simply doesn't fit into my head how anyone could ever prefer a manga over anime (I mean the case when the manga is "no different from what we got from the anime", not the case when the adaptation is outright bad) because of all the things that an anime can have but a manga can't. (edit: No, wait, now that I think about it, there are people out there who prefer manga (in general) over anime... so I guess it doesn't matter, I'll just keep bashing my head to the wall and wondering about how could that be).
Manga is vastly superior as is any medium that requires the use of imagination instead of a gross elucidation.

Last edited by monir; 2009-12-08 at 02:30. Reason: Redundant portion deleted
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:31   Link #53
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I'm looking forward to this. One of my favorite shows.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:12   Link #54
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Wow, do we get to see Nodame drill that dude to the heaven in the end?
Old 2009-12-11, 03:21   Link #55
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
In this case, however, it was the drama that spoiled me for the anime. The drama was just too good. It cast even season one into the shade for me, and season two ran through things too quickly for me.
I've read similar responses from others. Mine was the opposite reaction. I found the "real-life" adaptation of the idiosyncratic characters on the drama to be much too goofy. The anime to me was the perfect incarnation of the title to moving pictures and audio, except those weird performance sequences with still shots and 3D CGI. But vocal wise, Ayako Kawasumi and Tomokazu Seki lead a perfect cast IMO.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 15:29   Link #56
Kenn
Stomp

PV's here.

The animation used was from the second season amirite?

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 11:12   Link #57
Crontica

I agree with everyone here i liked season 1 better. While the musical scenes where too long to the point that fastforwarding looked delicious but season 1 carved the musical elements & experiences into the characters lives so well that the anime felt like it was in another class of its own.

That royal classical feeling is what made Nodame cantabile, Nodame Cantabile.

Now season 2 threw everything that made it worthwhile out the window.
The musical character development was rushed, the rival conflicts were rushed or pretty much avoided altogether, another mistake was steamrolling over the musical tournament arc, we saw Chiaki and Nodame in it afew times then that was it.

The romance part was another headache i had to deal with. Chiaki accepting Nodame just like that!? No investigation into why she is acting so weird no reveal!?

Point being is that season 2 had enough flexible material to span 24 episodes.
Moving to paris is a big thing. 4 ~ 5/24 episodes was easily spent touring the place and building on the characters relations as they go.

Reason why i love Lacorda odoro not because it was shojo romance, the series could have easily held its own by not including music but because the show managed to literally make the characters dance around their musical stories and achievements while keeping ahead on its sparkly eye candy induced cast.

Last edited by Crontica; 2009-12-14 at 11:23.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 21:58   Link #58
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
this keeps getting pushed back further and further, and hopefully it's to get everything right and the cast in place. i'm looking forward to the original director's return and hopefully a full 24 ep continuation! can't wait for mid january!
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 11:03   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
According to MoonPhase, Kon Chiaki will be back to direct, but there will be a new lead writer: Nakashima Kazuki, a playwright and novelist who was lead writer on Gurren-Lagann.
Nakashima also wrote the play Oh! Edo Rocket which was animated by Madhouse in 2007. Having read a few "best of the 2000's" lists by now, the absence of Rocket from any of them is a sad oversight.

I happened to read the piece on Nodame at Wikipedia this morning and discovered a couple of interesting facts. Noda Megumi is a real person and is now a piano teacher in Fukuoka, the fictional Nodame's home town. The real-life Noda also co-wrote the "fart song" with Ninomiya. In the Paris-Hen series, the conductor James dePreist is also a real-life person who conducted the "Nodame Orchestra" that performed in the live-action and anime first season.

Finally, I sincerely doubt we'll see more than eleven episodes this time around as well. Noitamina's offerings have all been in the 11-13 episode range since the first season of Nodame, with eleven being the current modal length (Paris-Hen, Genji, Higashi no Eden, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Trapeze). The linked Wikipedia article indicates that Nodame Finale will end in March.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 11:16   Link #60
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Still Kon Chiaki is it? That means I'm just about ready to write this third season off, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I happened to read the piece on Nodame at Wikipedia this morning and discovered a couple of interesting facts. Noda Megumi is a real person and is now a piano teacher in Fukuoka, the fictional Nodame's home town. The real-life Noda also co-wrote the "fart song" with Ninomiya.
You only knew now?

Quote:
Finally, I sincerely doubt we'll see more than eleven episodes this time around as well. Noitamina's offerings have all been in the 11-13 episode range since the first season of Nodame, with eleven being the current modal length (Paris-Hen, Genji, Higashi no Eden, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Trapeze). The linked Wikipedia article indicates that Nodame Finale will end in March.
Well, that does nothing to reduce my inclination to write ~Finale~ off, I guess.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina