AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 06:23   Link #281
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I felt the last episode was pretty rushed. The scene with Nodame and Chiaki playing Mozart's sonata again was wonderful, but I'm a bit disappointed we'll never get to see their long awaited concerto... it sort of feels like I've only gotten 3/4 of the story.

I read the last few manga chapters to see if that was the same as in the anime, and yes, the very last episode was. Lots of things cut out of the previous episodes though, some of them not a big deal but

Spoiler for manga:

Maybe they'll include that in the upcoming OVA? I'll try not to get my hopes up too much though.
Old 2010-03-28, 08:29   Link #282
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb

Re: Last Episode.

Well, after 3 or so years and watching this from the beginning I felt the end was a bit hasty.

It pointed to the future of many characters but some got glossed over.

And I have to admit I was a bit frustrated and pleased with a particular scene:

Spoiler:

Some characters just got glossed over but others were discussed.

The future:

Spoiler:

Some inconsistencies in this series that bugged me that wasn't explained.

Spoiler:

I get the idea the manga-ka was running out of time to write the series being a new mother
and battling tendonitis and she just cut to an ending before it was really ready to. You get an
idea the story is still going on somewhere just like real life when you move to another city, the
people you leave behind are still out there living their lives.
Old 2010-03-28, 08:38   Link #283
archivisth

There's a DVD-only episode in early April which will be about Mine and Kiyora, and there's a special in late April that covers the short "Opera Hen" manga special. Perhaps these will bring a bit more closure to the loose ends.
archivisth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 17:29   Link #284
king12354

Expected a little better ending. Oh well, I'll miss Nodame.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 20:40   Link #285
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

FEAR NOT !!!
Spoiler for FEAR NOT !!!:
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 22:04   Link #286
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Opera Hen? Do tell.
Old 2010-03-29, 01:20   Link #287
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I absolutely loved the final episode. For me, it ended in just the right place - a resolution of sorts, but a clear signal that all the characters' lives are going on, presumably to bigger and better things.

One part I really liked, and wished they'd had more time to explore, was the point Kuroki made about Nodame - "She would've done better in the 18th century, when composers were also performers, and improvisation was an everyday occurrence." Except - there still is a type of music where that kind of thing goes on. It's called... "Jazz." Given the way Nodame took to Ravel's piano concerto, it seems like she'd be a natural.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 01:50   Link #288
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Very good ending though it irks me that Chiaki found out that he needed to cling to Nodame more after like 20 freakin' episodes of keep-away.

Also irksome is that this season just didn't have the freewheeling insanity of the first two anime arcs. Still, nice to see the old faces and ponder what could have been if they somehow made the final season (or final-ish) a bit more interesting than the usual Chiak-keeps-Nodame-away-for-one-reason-or-another angle.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 03:30   Link #289
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Opera Hen? Do tell.
From Frostii's site,
Quote:
P.S.
We will be subbing two extra episodes coming out next month. April 6th: the extra episode about Mine and Kiyora, and April 26th, the Opera Chapter.
However, I've read the Opera arc has 24 chapters at the moment.
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 06:27   Link #290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2slow View Post
From Frostii's site,

However, I've read the Opera arc has 24 chapters at the moment.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong, as the publication for Opera hen started in December 2009 in a semimonthly magazine.
Old 2010-03-30, 10:56   Link #291
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yeah, had to get a deadline out of the way before I could finally get to this. Watched Episode 11.

A somewhat rushed pacing, sudden resolution, and a rather abrupt non-ending....so yeah, pretty much how the manga ended as well (due to Ninomiya-sensei's niggling carpal tunnel more than anything, most likely). In that respect, I suppose the episode did about as well as it could, considering how little time it had left, too. Couldn't fault that if I tried.

Well, this is the Finale then. Unlike Paris, it was a pretty decent series that closed out the franchise on a good note, so I'll give it props there. Even so, IMO Kasai's first seasons is still the Nodame I will remember fondly.

One more movie to go, before I bid Nodame Cantabile adieu forever!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 11:30   Link #292
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Instead of calling it the end, think of it as the middle. There fore it's not so much a non ending.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 13:57   Link #293
Kirarakim

It's not so much that it was a bad ending (had sort of a life goes on vibe) but I think of the 3 seasons it's definitely the weakest ending with the first season having my favorite ending.

I definitely would have preferred more focus on Chiaki and Nodame than all that exposition on the other characters (although I did really love the Kuroki/Tanya scene). It's not that I don't care about the other characters, I just care about Chiaki & Nodame more.

Hopefully there will be a little more closure with Opera-Hen.
Old 2010-03-31, 02:26   Link #294
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I wouldn't say the ending was bad, because it finally brought home what was important to Chiaki, which is that old Nodame magic. It's just that the rest of the series was a long run-on-sentence of why Chiaki felt he needed to run away from Nodame all the time. The build up just wasn't there..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 02:35   Link #295
Asleep

It wasn't a bad ending, instead it didn't feel like an ending at all. Hopefully Opera-Hen will do that right I am glad they are doing it!
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 04:11   Link #296
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I also felt that the last episode wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. The one thing Nodame delivers is fulfilling my high expectations. After every episode, I look forward to the next so much, which means the next has to be perfect in order to fulfill the high expectations, and it does. Maybe the bar was raised too high, but the last episode wasn't that great.

But the important thing is that it did not ruin the series in any way. Nodame still ended with that overall "feel-good" feeling and that's really the main selling point for me. What I felt was missing was the comedic factor that's present in every episode, even episode 10. The last episode just seemed so serious and...dangerously open.

Like others have said though, there are more to come. This seems like Cardcaptor Sakura more and more. CCS is one of my favorite anime. I hated the ending, loved the second movie, which is supposed to be a second ending of some sort. I hope this happens for Nodame.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:49   Link #297
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This ending sucked ass.

I fucking loved this series to death, and it had its flaws here and there, but this ending is shit.

I understand why, even from the manga and all that, but it's seriously just pure shit.

*sigh*

Oh well, can't have everything.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:49   Link #298
Ottocycle

The ending was probably the best Ninomiya could've come up with, kid in tow, carpal tunnel still smarting and all. It's a pity, but yeah, we can't get everything, and she can't do everything.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:55   Link #299
Joojoobees

LOL. What would you have preferred? Chiaki hooks up with Rui, and Nodame throws herself into the Seine in despair? I know it didn't have the dramatic punch of the ending to season one, but I don't think it was particularly awful.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:29   Link #300
master_buten

i agree with musume_no_hoshi i like chiaki-senpai in anime than the live movie i think he's cuter but i like the actress who portrayed nodame, the looks and most of all her bag are pretty much the same ^_^ me likey'
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina