AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 30 19.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 36.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 33.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-11, 15:41   Link #221
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Canīt we just all....Get along? Someone has to talk with the Youmas. Bring peace to their inner soul. We all need a little love?......

Someone has to make peace!
Based on what we know of Yoma if normal humans send an peace messenger it will probably go somewhat like this.

human messenger : -> Hear me noble Yoma I come in..

Yoma: -> In time for dinner yes we know...

I bet they would use the white flag as an napkin.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:48   Link #222
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I find it somewhat implausible that rookie Clare could have become more accustomed to Awakened-level youki in her short career compared to Teresa.
Ah, but Teresa is now a part of Clare. To what extent, I'm not sure, but I imagine it counts for something.
Assuming Clare inherited quite a bit of Teresa's ability of reading and focusing on the flow of Youki, I don't think it's much of a stretch. Plus, she was chilling in the background most of the fight, only intervening when absolutely necessary. She would have had plenty of time to feel him out and become focused on his Youki - much more so than the others, who were too busy trying not to die.

Quote:
I'd imagine that if you're reading youki like you would read pulse signals on a radar screen, than stronger youki means stronger pulses, hence a better signal. But let's say the pulses are so phenomenally strong that the entire radar screen goes into a bright, flaring white-out.

You'd be so blinded that you wouldn't even be able to look at the screen, let alone read the signals.
Good way to put it. That's similar to how I understood it, but I couldn't think of a good analogy.

@Defiled One:
Youma don't seem to be such an intellectual bunch. They may gain memories and even knowledge from their victims, but true intelligence comes from understanding that knowledge, which they seem to lack. Therefore, diplomatic relations would likely be impossible.

Awakened Ones, however, are another matter. Provided there's no biological reason for them to require human flesh (if there is, then there isn't much to be done), the intelligence they possess may make them capable of such things.
I've seen it theorized elsewhere around here that, if a Claymore could release 100% of her Youki and still manage to revert back to human form, she would essentially become immortal from the anti-aging effects of the Claymorization and the fact that she runs no risk of becoming an Awakened One. Whether the organization would allow such a thing to exist, though, is something I can't even guess at.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:50   Link #223
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Based on what we know of Yoma if normal humans send an peace messenger it will probably go somewhat like this.

human messenger : -> Hear me noble Yoma I come in..

Yoma: -> In time for dinner yes we know...

I bet they would use the white flag as an napkin.
Clare did survived so, how about we send ...."Pictures Teresa evil Glare inside of thy mind"

Some tomatoes....tomatoes will do just fine!
Old 2007-06-11, 16:24   Link #224
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Clare did survived so, how about we send ...."Pictures Teresa evil Glare inside of thy mind"

Some tomatoes....tomatoes will do just fine!
I would suggest sending them the girls of Claymore swimsuit edition calender first to soften them up
Old 2007-06-11, 16:27   Link #225
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Do not tempt me demon!! Do not tempt me!

Anyways tomorrow will be episode 11, as usual. We can`t do very much unless fooling around or maybe thinking of ways to kill youmas.

Hey! Doesnīt fire scare them? I mean, every animal and human is afraid of fire.
Old 2007-06-11, 16:38   Link #226
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Anyways tomorrow will be episode 11, as usual. We can`t do very much unless fooling around or maybe thinking of ways to kill youmas.
I've got a better idea. How about you just don't post anything rather than posting nonsense.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:57   Link #227
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Claymore swimsuit edition? With their mutated body? Are you sure? And plus, it is against the serious spirit of the show. It is not harem anime or fan service type of show. Please refrain your hormones.
Old 2007-06-11, 19:19   Link #228
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Claymore swimsuit edition? With their mutated body? Are you sure? And plus, it is against the serious spirit of the show. It is not harem anime or fan service type of show. Please refrain your hormones.
Hey well the Awaken Male from the last episode didnt really mind that much. Just a harmless joke but the suggestion of a peace proposal from a few post up didnt seem realistic which is why a joke was made out of it. Im pretty sure the higher ups know that an all out war with Awaken Beings is a war they would not win.
Old 2007-06-11, 20:53   Link #229
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I would suggest sending them the girls of Claymore swimsuit edition calender first to soften them up
And if things do get ugly, the Yoma will be the ones getting killed.
Old 2007-06-12, 09:54   Link #230
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Still, it might be interesting to have something like "Shakugan No Shana-Tan" specials for claymore, with Priscilla doing a bit where she complains about how hard it is to put on sweaters now that she has a horn on her forehead, and how wings make it hard to get through doorways now, and other such silliness!

For the fanservice, you could have the claymores, handlers, and awakened enjoying a day at the beach. The Male Awakened from the Slashers arc could be on the rocks fishing with his tongue, and some SERIOUS watermelon-splitting contest action, with swimsuited Claymores pulling out their trademark swords, and bystanders commenting, wondering where they were hiding them! A back-shot of Helen coming out of the changing room, in a two-piece, and all the males running screaming away, followed by Helen making snarky comments about guys...

Oh the possibilities...
Old 2007-06-12, 11:40   Link #231
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
.....I would rather they do the tameshi-giri, cutting bundle of straws in place of watermelon which is an approximation of human bone but even then it is silly. Claymore is about revenge and relationship under trying circumstances with variation thrown in. I would rather the series keep to its dark and grim roots, there is enough of humorous series out there for that of audience.
Old 2007-06-12, 14:11   Link #232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Everyone has their own opinion about what they would like to see doesnt make it wrong just makes it different. As long as the series continues to be enjoyable i have no compliants
Old 2007-06-12, 14:42   Link #233
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that a one piece swimsuit would work. It hides the abdomen and comes in different designs. How about a Claymore "gift" episode? Claymores at a resort on the coast looking for a Youma but find out that their handlers decided to give them the day off instead.

Or a "Priscilla and Teresa explains it all section" like on Shana DVDs.
Old 2007-06-12, 14:57   Link #234
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that a one piece swimsuit would work. It hides the abdomen and comes in different designs. How about a Claymore "gift" episode? Claymores at a resort on the coast looking for a Youma but find out that their handlers decided to give them the day off instead.

Or a "Priscilla and Teresa explains it all section" like on Shana DVDs.
Ah yes! I was envisioning all the Claymores in one-piece suits for the Watermelon Catastrophe, pulling swords from who knows where they were hiding them in those skintight suits! Helen in the two-piece, we'd only see from the back, since from previous episodes, we know there is nothing wrong with a Claymore's backal areas!

I was imaging an episode like this as a kind of "DVD extra" for viewing after the end of Claymore proper, in a kind of "the cast behind the scenes" motif... It would be a disaster if placed in the middle of the series, or tacked onto the end of episodes like Lucky Star or Hayate no Gotoku.

My senile brain is twisted!
Old 2007-06-12, 16:14   Link #235
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I like the idea of where you guys are going, but I think that kind of thing is better left out of the show itself. That's what doujinshi are for, after all
Old 2007-06-13, 07:00   Link #236
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

I would not mind seeing something at the end of each episode. Something like a brief explanation of things in the Claymore world. Kind of like how Naruto does at the end of its episode and the current fansubs of Emma 2 are doing a great job with English trivia at the end of each episode.
Old 2007-06-13, 07:04   Link #237
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. Show, don't tell.
Old 2007-06-13, 15:31   Link #238
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. Show, don't tell.
+1. The reason I almost never watch shounen anime is because they tend to treat their viewers like idiots. I get quite irritated with this because it wastes time that can be used for character and plot development.

Also, I tend to be "that guy" in the back of the theater who has 90% of a mediocre movie pegged within the first 10%.

Fortunately, Claymore isn't doing this too much. Most of the aggravations I have with it seem to come from Raki ("half human, half youma?"), and the Sports Announcer Syndrome usually only crops up when it's needed.
Old 2007-06-15, 06:45   Link #239
Bloodseeker

Training arc coming up?

Miria had better stick around for longer than Teresa did... I'd say good riddance to the other two though. (well, maybe they'll be better now that Clare's probably earned their respect somewhat)

Going back an episode, but damn, being ranked weakest and being looked down upon like that and then following it up with a pathetic display like that has got to suck ass. Poor Clare.
Old 2007-06-16, 13:11   Link #240
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This episode was an action packed Bonanza the first half of the show was Miria then Clare took over and shone like a star. It was funny to see Helens’s reaction as she had written off Clare as a weakling. And Clare evading that awakened being was hypnotic

I do say pictures look better animated but the Miria/Clare action was mind-blowing . I couldn’t comprehend the awesomeness initially . Also the Awakened being was a well rounded character he came of nicely as an antagonist .

Overall a 10/10 episode . This episode rivaled the Teresa one and to be honest beat it