AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 17 30.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-11, 03:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 24.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-09-11, 09:56   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

HSI 24 - The Author of the Machinations That Set the World in Motion

Rock on, Jiromaru! I didn't know he dabbled in manga, too. A true Renaissance man, in some senses of the word. Even if Ohana didn't say exactly what she wanted to, it's getting much less ambiguous. A date at the festival is romantic enough to qualify, I think. As for the thrust of the episode, Sui's speech, mixed feelings here. Following your own dream and not getting bogged down by someone else's past is indeed a worthy goal, but the Kissuiso group is also a pretty strong group of friends. To suddenly break that up doesn't seem completely fair either. Both sides have a point on this one, so I'll just wait and see which side the show itself falls on. On a final note, no Sui fanservice, thankfully. She's too quick for anyone to notice it. Mad bathroom cleaning skills, though.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:16   Link #3
Peanutbutter

Wow, a revolt. Given the title of this episode, this is not quite unexpected.

And that was as good as a confession on Ohana's end finally. Now to see if Kou does show up during the Bonbori and the events that will transpire.

Lol at the bath scene. The BGM was so Jaws-like.

Now it's Sui vs the rest of Kissuiso, with Ohana in the middle. Both sides does have their reasons. Hopefully, 2 episodes is enough to wrap everything up.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:41   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh my, Sui fanservice
She bathes like a boss. That scene was so surreal and funny.

I wish they had let Nako speak her mind to Sui instead of having Ohana do it as always. Nako was more fired up than ever, and I believe her speech would have had more of an impact on Sui. When even the shy and gentle character gets pissed off, you know something's wrong.

Sui's reason for closing down the inn is understandable, but she is mistaken. She needs to realize Kisuisso brought happiness to a lot of people (from workers to customers) and that it's not just her dream anymore.

The reveal that Jiromaru is the one who wrote the manga that inspired Tohru and Minko to become cooks were pretty... traumatizing
I bet the series will end with him going back to manga, he'll make a manga depicting the daily life of a waitress at an inn which will be titled "Hanasaku Iroha"
Old 2011-09-11, 10:44   Link #5
Utsuro no Hako

Good episode, but I'm starting to worry that we're headed for a lame Ohana-and-Kou-take-over ending. Between Kou saying he doesn't like Tokyo anymore and how cool the inn seemed, and Sui's talk about how she and her husband had no idea how to run an inn when they took over, the writers are practically bludgeoning us with clues. Hopefully they're just trolling.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:48   Link #6
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Good episode, but I'm starting to worry that we're headed for a lame Ohana-and-Kou-take-over ending.
I fail to see a problem with this. (I don't necessarily believe this is what will end up happening, though).
Old 2011-09-11, 10:51   Link #7
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wow madam manager is super fast with her bath, takes less then a minute. This is probably the first time I wanted some women's body to be covered up in a bath scene. Ohana didn't talk to her mother in Tokyo but instead talk to Ko, and invited him to the festival. I think at the festival, Ohana will tell Ko, that she has a crush on him. I don't think Kissuiso will close down but maybe renamed, if not renamed will still be operational after the festival.
Old 2011-09-11, 11:47   Link #8
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Ko having even less presence than Akarin.
A bath scene having not enough steam.
And the preview having yuri text for the straight girls.

Oh what would i do without my weekly dose of troll.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:04   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's a mutiny!
Old 2011-09-11, 12:08   Link #10
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'll only believe in KouXOhana when I see it,though I cared more for the rest of the episode anyway.

The bath scene was epic,one of the best laughs I've had in quite a while,same with the revelation on who the manga author was!

Only disapointment is the absence of Yuina cameo,normaly the writers always manage to stick her in there somehow
Old 2011-09-11, 12:08   Link #11
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Ko having even less presence than Akarin.
Yeaaaa though he realized that he just bagged a hot mother-in-law and went...

Quote:
A bath scene having not enough steam.
This was THE only scene that almost made me cry in the entire series but what followed after that was totally lolwtf

Quote:
And the preview having yuri text for the straight girls.
My yuri goggles were glowing I tell ya!

lolwtfpwned.gif

Ohana walking like a boss

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-09-11 at 12:52.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:12   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I should have figured that the Kohana segment would be a bit anti-climatic, given the extremely long wait for it to happen =0\. And somehow, her thinking about the situation at the same time Ko was talking seemed...I dunno, sloppy directing? Kinda gave an impression she wasn't really listening to what he was saying.

Also a bit proud of Enishi growing some balls and standing up to Okami. I still don't like his char very much, and his design at all, but taking things into his own hands shows he's more than just a momma's boy and can think for himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wow madam manager is super fast with her bath, takes less then a minute. This is probably the first time I wanted some women's body to be covered up in a bath scene.
Agreed. Just imagining her scrubbing her body was enough to send chills through my body . The cleaning-up-the-bath-in-an-instant part was hilarious though. Unrealistic, but hilarious =03.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:14   Link #13
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

I was Ko/Ohana supporter but after seeing this episode...
Why Okada likes make a fool of every man of the story?
Old 2011-09-11, 12:18   Link #14
EroKing

So that more fans will be encouraged to make yuri doujins?
Old 2011-09-11, 12:33   Link #15
ookamigirl

Ohana & Ko reunion and her return to Kissuiso to find the place booming!
Guess there is still hope ^^
The part at the bath was pretty weird, but also kinda funny. That ookami-san sure is a fast & efficient one! Getting her to keep the inn open is a different matter though.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-09-11, 12:40   Link #16
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I fail to see a problem with this. (I don't necessarily believe this is what will end up happening, though).
(A) It's one thing for adults who lack management experience to take over an inn. A couple high school students is a different matter.

(B) The Ko/Ohana relationship is seriously underdeveloped. This isn't like Clannad or Toradora! where the main couple has been through a lot together and shown their love for each other. It's a couple teenagers who have a crush on each other. If you add up all the scenes they've shared, I doubt you'd be able to fill one entire episode. I'd be fine with an ending where they're dating, but it'll be too much if the show goes a route where they're going to be together forever.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:44   Link #17
Shadow5YA

That bath scene was hilarious. I felt like it was her way of saying "You think you can run the Kissuiso? You're 100 years too early!"
Old 2011-09-11, 13:03   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
The Ko/Ohana relationship is seriously underdeveloped. This isn't like Clannad or Toradora! where the main couple has been through a lot together and shown their love for each other. It's a couple teenagers who have a crush on each other. If you add up all the scenes they've shared, I doubt you'd be able to fill one entire episode. I'd be fine with an ending where they're dating, but it'll be too much if the show goes a route where they're going to be together forever.
I've said this before, but it's not like they aren't close. We truly don't know the extent of how close they are, except for what was shown in the first episode. However, that doesn't mean they aren't close enough for that to happen. Who's to say that they haven't experienced lots of things together? I would think for Satsuki to instantly be able to think of Ko when it came down to Ohana having feelings for someone, not to mention how Satsuki was talking with him in the last ep, definitely tells a story about how much Kohana were together. Honestly, I'm rather disappointed that story will never be revealed, and because of that, it certainly makes their strong connection seem rather fickle from only what was shown in the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That bath scene was hilarious. I felt like it was her way of saying "You think you can run the Kissuiso? You're 100 years too early!"
ROFL !
Old 2011-09-11, 13:17   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved it. Especially the complexity of why Okami-san wants to close the inn, and of Ohana not understanding, and of the siblings, and of will it/won't it close, etc.

"Seriously undeveloped" is a good way of putting it. Kou is like almost not there -- but he still has a strong relationship with Ohana. She is seriously weird. I found the scene with them at the playground frustratingly Japanese/restrained, but not at all poorly directed (or actually written/storyboarded?).

I wonder how Takako's mission to get back the money went? Would they do better in the city? Enishi really is unsuited for the task of running the Inn, as his mother said. But Tomoe could do it.

Will Kou end up coming to Kissuisou or Ohana go back to Tokyo?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-09-11, 13:35   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I definitely agree KoHana is underdeveloped. They're hinting at a Ko x Ohana x Kisuisso ending but if that happens it won't be very believable. Here's hoping that's just a troll.

Forgot to say I laughed pretty hard when Ko said "I thought you had dumped me for Kisuisso" since he's completely right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
So that more fans will be encouraged to make yuri doujins?
This is sadly not working out very well so far. It seemed to be encouraging the NTR crowd instead.