AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 10:42   Link #161
Milu

While I'm not sure if it qualifies for worst dub ever, one of the worst I've ever heard was AB Groupe's work on some of the DBZ movies (known amongst the fandom as the "Big Green Dub" due to Piccolo's ridiculous dubbed name).

"You have to help meeeeeeeee?"
Old 2010-08-03, 11:48   Link #162
Ahiru77
あひる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milu View Post
While I'm not sure if it qualifies for worst dub ever, one of the worst I've ever heard was AB Groupe's work on some of the DBZ movies (known amongst the fandom as the "Big Green Dub" due to Piccolo's ridiculous dubbed name).

"You have to help meeeeeeeee?"
Which movie was that ?

Ocean Group were pretty bad as well. Cell's "opera"-blast is hilarious. xD
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 21:05   Link #163
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Animax's dub of K-On! Luckily only shown in Southeast Asia and the channel also shown the un-dubbed version of same anime with English subtitles because they knew the dub sucked! While the subtitles are poor translated but at least they tried.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 21:57   Link #164
Milu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru77 View Post
Which movie was that ?
I think that was their dub of World's Strongest (or maybe it was Tree of Might), just as Goku began to store up power for the Spirit Bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru77 View Post
Ocean Group were pretty bad as well. Cell's "opera"-blast is hilarious. xD
I just saw that on YouTube not too long ago. XD "Aaaaahhhhhh~!"

The Malaysian dub was up there with "Big Green" in terms of atrocity, but at least Malaysian Goku said "Kaioken!" instead of "Power at Maximum!"
Old 2010-10-03, 17:21   Link #165
HigurashinoUmineko

I'll probably have some hate for this but I hated the dub of Ponyo. My GOD it was so annoying. *shudders* Don't get me started on the ending theme also.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM"
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:16   Link #166
Vegard Aune

I would say 4Kids One Piece...

But then I remembered about the Norwegian dub of Digimon the Movie. First of, it was clearly dubbed by a different company than the TV-series, so the voices and terminology were all completely different from the show. And then they hired the most laughably unfitting and fake-sounding voice-actors they could possibly find, where half the characters were speaking in these ridiculously high-pitched squeaky voices that were practically incomprehensible... And not only that, but the sound-mixing was horrible; they constantly inserted so much echo and reverb that the already nigh-incomprehensible voices became even worse; For example, during the climax, Angemon and Angewomon transformed to their Mega-forms, and when Angemon announced the name of his transformation, you know what I heard?
"SHRAAUUGH!!!!" (<-He was supposed to be saying "Seraphimon".)
And of course, it was based of the English dub, which had about 50 billion issues of its own. (Mostly the fact that the "movie" was originally three separate films that had nothing to do with each other except being part of the same franchise. And half of the third movie was completely cut out, as well as the original plot being thrown out the window and completely replaced with some random crap Saban made up themselves. Though to be fair, considering how horrendously boring that movie was in Japanese, the considerable rewrites were probably an improvement.)
Old 2010-10-04, 10:26   Link #167
Rahan

The french dub of Hokuto no Ken is an abridged version, except it's official.

The dubbers hated the show for its violence and only agreed to dub it if they were allowed to do whatever they wanted with it. As a result, the dub sounds like a parody, with lot of fifth rate puns.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:35   Link #168
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Shinji's voice sounded iffy, and Hyuga sounded 30 years older than he should have. >_>

I'll admit that Asuka's German-speaking parts were way better than the Japanese, though. Helps that her voice actor spoke German.
Old 2010-10-06, 02:11   Link #169
SupaaFreek

Naruto is voiced by a fat 40 year old women. nuff said
SupaaFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 17:45   Link #170
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
Agent Aika.
Completely horrid.

Last edited by Alex Keller; 2010-10-06 at 18:04.
Alex Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 11:19   Link #171
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaaFreek View Post
Naruto is voiced by a fat 40 year old women. nuff said
some day you may be the 40 year old fat men...
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:31   Link #172
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Be thankful if you never heard of Malay dub of Slam Dunk...
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 07:35   Link #173
Undertaker

Sailor Moon, my little sister tricked me into watching it back than and I still has nightmares. (though the manga is regrettably great and the sub version got be into the whole Maho Shojo stuff like PreCure and Nanoha)

4 kid OP is just as bad, I can't stand even 30 second before I changed channel and vow never to watch anime on U.S. TV ever again...
Old 2011-10-24, 13:04   Link #174
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I did a brief scan of this entire thread and was suprised that not mention of Macross: DYRL was mentioned. Due to licensing issues, which are still ongoing today (Thanks Harmony Gold) it was released in America as Clash of the Bionoids. It was famous for having a terrible dub, not to mention the removal of at least 30 minutes from the original movie.
Old 2011-10-24, 13:08   Link #175
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
MD Geist in English is lulz. Watch it dubbed for maximum fail

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 13:29   Link #176
Echoes

While this is not an anime, it is a game with a clear anime aesthetic and happens to be one of my favorite things ever. So I think it should count.

Guilty Gear X trailer.

What is this? Seriously, what the hell happened here? It's like they're having a laugh. I still quote this trailer frequently.

"Oh no, I'm falling!" and "Your sin is beyond the grace of God!" are some of the highlights. If you want to skip to the absolute worst, and most hilarious part, watch from minute 4 and onward.
Old 2011-10-24, 14:05   Link #177
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Higurashi and to a lesser extent Nanoha.

Most of the voices in the former were just plain annoying in the most non-universe sense possible and the acting sucked. The performances aren't any better for Nanoha, but at least the vocals were easy on the ears (also Cristina Vee FTW).
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 14:11   Link #178
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They dubbed over the devices. What the hell?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 15:01   Link #179
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't care for the later Transformers dubs (Headmasters and onwards pre-Beast Wars). Mostly because they really, really messed up the characters names verses the existing pre-Headmasters US releases. Even with established names. Using the American names for some. The British names for others, and the Japanese names for the rest...sometimes haphazardly even. An older character might have a different name (take the Autobot Blaster for instance...was called Billy in the dub.) This was by Omni Productions.

Got even sillier when they got to Masterforce and decided to give the humans that run the larger semi-sentient transformers the names of the transformer's bodies...rather than the names they have even in the toy versions (the little guys that transform into heads, guns, or engines had names that were not the names of the robots they attached to). I means seriously, who names their child Hosehead? And to make it worse...the trucker she eventually takes over what was to be a replacement body for Optimus Prime...is named Optimus Prime....like what? I'm pretty sure the Japanese had given these people their own names rather than calling them by their robot's name. Or call the robot by the human's name. And I'm sure the old American company that did Transformers wouldn't have made quite that sort of mistake...especially since they would want to name everyone more or less correctly...for toy sales purposes.
Old 2011-10-24, 15:17   Link #180
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
While this is not an anime, it is a game with a clear anime aesthetic and happens to be one of my favorite things ever. So I think it should count.

Guilty Gear X trailer.

What is this? Seriously, what the hell happened here? It's like they're having a laugh. I still quote this trailer frequently.

"Oh no, I'm falling!" and "Your sin is beyond the grace of God!" are some of the highlights. If you want to skip to the absolute worst, and most hilarious part, watch from minute 4 and onward.
Oh god I remember this atrocity, lol.

I love the awkward pronounciation of the title by the narrator.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote