AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 11:25   Link #1
Nosauz

Battlefield 3

This is what war is about

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...der-now.aspx##

Jets, 64 players, this is the PC game that BF Bc2 should have been, guys get ready to see hopefully one of the best games this year and maybe of this decade be released. All we need is the confirmation of dedicated servers, lan, and mod tools and we will have returned to the glory of PC gaming.

The teaser kind of sucks, but the next look is coming @ GDC get ready for the return of DICE the computer game dev and not the shell it has been the past couple of years. I can't believe I'm this excited about a game.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 11:57   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Time to brush up my chopper piloting skills again it seems...

And DAT BOXART

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:28   Link #3
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It should be noted that this game will fly on the new Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is tailored to the DirectX 11 API...and thus will no longer offer Windows XP (DirectX 9) support. Another game that has made the final transition.
Old 2011-02-04, 12:45   Link #4
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Time to brush up my chopper piloting skills again it seems...

And DAT BOXART
I think in the tank/chopper/jet equation chopper loses to jet? time to boot up BF2 special forces and pilot some gets, I wonder how the revive mechanic will work since you "pull" your allies out of harms way?
Old 2011-02-04, 16:50   Link #5
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Can't wait for some in-game teasers. Love the original BF series in all its mayhem.

I wonder if they'll embrace modding for the PC version..
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 01:24   Link #6
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I think in the tank/chopper/jet equation chopper loses to jet?
This reminds me of a rather insane BF2 still...

Spoiler for Lucky blighter:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:59   Link #7
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I put a AT4 through one door and out the other on a Blackhawk in BC2.

Man I was pissed because the target was so far away and to just see the missile pass harmlessly through the cabin...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:42   Link #8
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Time to get practicing my jet whoring skills again it seems. Ah what fun it was to spam the opponents spawn with high explosive death from five miles up. I can smell the rage already.

On a serious note jets either need to be seriously nerfed or man-portable AA needs to be much more effective. I've lost count of all the games where one team ended up spawn trapped and good jet jockies regularly went 100-0. NOT FUN AT ALL.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 21:53   Link #9
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Time to get practicing my jet whoring skills again it seems. Ah what fun it was to spam the opponents spawn with high explosive death from five miles up. I can smell the rage already.

On a serious note jets either need to be seriously nerfed or man-portable AA needs to be much more effective. I've lost count of all the games where one team ended up spawn trapped and good jet jockies regularly went 100-0. NOT FUN AT ALL.
Ohh.... The awful memories of that.. We can only hope for the best they nerfed and fixed the issue before people rage over in Battlefield 3.

But really looking forward to the game, but very rusty with a helicopter
Old 2011-02-07, 23:02   Link #10
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Can't wait for some in-game teasers. Love the original BF series in all its mayhem.

I wonder if they'll embrace modding for the PC version..
I think thats the driving force behind Battlefield, the intense destructive awesomeness. Just something Call of Duty or Medal of Honor doesn't have, the memories of driving a tank through buildings, shooting down walls, jumping out of a collapsing building shooting enemies (only to die soon after).

Anyway, I'm really excited for this game. I hope it's as good or better than the last two.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:25   Link #11
Nosauz

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...led-pc-is-win/

Rockpapershotgun's snatch from Neogaf forums for those of you who don't frequent that board. It bolds the "important" features. Dev tools possibly not coming out for BF3 due to frostbite's complexity, but overall this looks like a made for pc game which is exciting because the last game we got as a gaming platform was tf2.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:40   Link #12
Asuras
Dictadere~!

AWWWW YEAAAAH

Ahem. As you can see, my anticipation is now through the freaking roof.
BFBC2 was epic enough (multiplayer, at least), and now a revised version? Sweet ass muthaflipping yes.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:30   Link #13
Nyat

Quote:
BFBC2 was epic enough
Battlefield without jets, prone and LONG AND WIDE maps can't be epic.
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:42   Link #14
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Looking forward to it.

But I think prone is going to upset a lot of people.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:47   Link #15
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
But I think prone is going to upset a lot of people.
I take it you mean its absence would upset a lot of people. I never did understand why it never made it into BFBC2; other console FPS titles had no problem making it work.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:21   Link #16
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I take it you mean its absence would upset a lot of people. I never did understand why it never made it into BFBC2; other console FPS titles had no problem making it work.
No I don't.

Prone in an game like BFBC2 is pretty much rage inducing. Maps are being made a lot more realistic now with tree's, undergrowth, bushs, rubble and 100's of spots where an player could go prone and start shooting from area's where players will never spot them untill they been shot or somehow they was lucky enough to spot them.

There are maps in BFBC2 and in other games, where you can shoot through small holes and the enemy player would had never spotted them, just like in a real war. Urban combat is one of the worst combats you can ever take part in because you just don't know where the enemy is and where he could shoot you from, allowing prone just makes it a lot harder for everyone in the game.

Modern wars today are often fought where both sides CAN'T SEE the enemy, not always, but pretty often, why? Because there is too much cover between the two sides, but the bullets that are fired between the sides don't care, this is why if you ever seen real combat be it in person or through a video, you will soldiers just firing in an general area where they think the enemy is and every so often, they might be lucky enough to see each other. This is where having more fire power then the enemy comes into play, pour more firepower in that area and you are bound to kill or destroy something.

SEAL or Special Forces teams often have soldiers equipped with weapons that output a lot of fire power out to make up for their small numbers.

Now personally I don't have an problem with prone, I don't like it or dislike it and can be happy to play with it or without it.

But people must understand that adding such an ability in the game only increases the hardest level for players to cope with.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:20   Link #17
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The reason they didn't implement prone into BC2 was because it was almost impossible due to the new Frostbite engine, with all the destruction, rubble and whatnot. Seems like they fixed it in 2.0. It took some time getting used to in BC2, since I was an avid BF2 player, but I welcome it back with open arms. It's either or for me, just have to adjust again.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 17:18   Link #18
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Lets just hope we don't see a return of dolphin diving this time round.

I wonder if the single player will follow the bad company storyline or will be completely new?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:31   Link #19
Nyat

Quote:
allowing prone just makes it a lot harder for everyone in the game.
Armoured vehicles, air support, uav. Vehicles will kill or ignore the target. If the maps will be large enought infantry will be able to take another route.
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 03:11   Link #20
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Lets just hope we don't see a return of dolphin diving this time round.
I don't remember the exact article, but a dev confirmed that dolphin diving would NOT be possible. Which I welcome a whole lot.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote