AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-13, 05:54   Link #1221
Destined_Fate

When I watched this I thought the comment about Setsuna's love being too big for one person meant he was going to start a harem.

Instead he became the next Jesus Yamato.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 03:22   Link #1222
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For those wondering:

(Courtesy of Data Gundam)

Innovade Types

A (0026) Type: Sky Eclipse, Ribbons Almark, Hilling Care, Beside Pain, Leif Recitativo
B (0988) Type: Tieria Erde, Regenne Regetta, Bring Stabibity, Divine Nova, Flinch Brake
C Type: Brad, Innovade soldiers
D Type: Revive Revival, Anew Returner, Pete
E Type: Hanayo, Hayana, Hamiya
F Type: Telicyra Herfi, Sulu Suluuzu (whatever that spelling was)
G Type: Lars Grise
H Type: Bryn Sondheim
I Type: Grave Violento
J Type: Hixar Fermi
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:46   Link #1223
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It makes sense for the most part. The only part that I find super weird is that Bring/Devine is classified into the same type as Regene/Tieria.

And I wonder what "Innovade soldiers" refer to? I wonder of it's the Gaga Cannon Innovade soldiers used by the ESF during the ELS Conflict.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:28   Link #1224
kakakka

Quote:
The only part that I find super weird is that Bring/Devine is classified into the same type as Regene/Tieria.
Include Flinch Brake (00I) into that

I think Innovade Soldiers = Gaga Soldiers
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:03   Link #1225
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

^I would find it a bit weird because The Gaga pilots were all Devines.

Unless the Gaga Cannons ones in the movie were all different.
Old 2011-11-04, 17:34   Link #1226
AnimeNoob

To ask a daft question, near the end when the guy is talking/ giving a tour round the ship does Tieria float by in the background?
AnimeNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 17:39   Link #1227
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

More likely another Innovade with his and Regene's DNA sequence.
Old 2011-11-04, 17:55   Link #1228
AnimeNoob

lol! Though it might of been a cheeky tip bit into another story or something
AnimeNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:58   Link #1229
23 gundam fan

i thought it was really pretty good overall. it kind of bugs me a little that the super special setsuna get to live forever. just saying eveyone fought for the world just as hard and risk just as much, but i guess the main character has to go off into the sunset as a god like person. dont get me wrong i understand setsuns role in the series, i dont know just bugs me a bit.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 14:21   Link #1230
DV04

I think it fits just fine. Setsuna being an Innovator-ELS hybrid sounds cool. I see his role now being the guardian that overlooks humanity and things to come.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:25   Link #1231
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i thought it was really pretty good overall. it kind of bugs me a little that the super special setsuna get to live forever. just saying eveyone fought for the world just as hard and risk just as much, but i guess the main character has to go off into the sunset as a god like person. dont get me wrong i understand setsuns role in the series, i dont know just bugs me a bit.
Umm...........he went to the ELS homeworld as an ambassador for the good of humanity and he is going to boundaries previously have not broken and doing an important job. You're making it sound like he went there to party or something rather than doing an important mission. Besides, as we saw with some other people, merging with the ELS can be quite painful process.

Also, it was never stated that he gets to live forever. I don't know where you're getting that from, it was never stated in the movie or in any of the sidematerials. Living forever is also not a good thing as you'll always watch your loved ones die, which is always pure anguish. You'll either not be close to anyone (which sounds more like Setsuna quite frankly, though probably less so with his new persona) or you'll keep making new loved ones/frieneds and then watching them die over and over again. Living forever is not pure bliss.
Old 2011-12-04, 23:19   Link #1232
Scorpiopt

I Still think the EF government are idiots

-Removing weapons from CB on a ship that was meant to save then has las resort? if it had all the weapons less people would had died and even push back the ELS until setsuna arrived
-Stopping MS development in name of peace? new enemy appears your screwed with old tech
-Forcing military to use old suits and ships ? suicide right here

This is no peace policies its being irresponsible , peace politics is being patient towards others and choose talking instead of force .
Above peace there is insuring the security of your citizens
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:28   Link #1233
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I fail to see where the ESF removed weaponry from the Celestial Being. The only time they did that was when the ELS were assimilating the main cannon.

As for new enemy, well, they already had a weapon on par with the Gundams, which in itself was a tiny force, and no one had any idea that aliens would appear in 2 years. Can't fault them for that one.

The military was "forced" to use old suits during the final battle because they had to bring out ALL their weaponry. It was necessity, not policy.

Try to do a little more research beforehand before making inaccurate accusations like that, please.
Old 2011-12-04, 23:54   Link #1234
DV04

Where does it say that the ESF stopped mobile suit production? How does that explain the GN-XIV? Old ships? The A-LAWS type ship were refitted to house extra mobile suits, more engine boosters, and more cannons. They even produced new ships that carried the Gadelaza from Earth to near Mars. Yeah, the ESF looked pathetic during the fights, but there wasn't much they can do. It's not like they can predict what type of alien life would eventually come. If anything, most of their new and updated military units were to defend and fight against Celsestial Being. Most of the military units were used since that's all they had to put up a fight. When you're in a desperate situation, you'll send whatever you got to fight.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:58   Link #1235
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The ESF never said they were halting weapon production, but cutting it back. The GN-XIIIs in their arsenal were being upgraded into GN-XIVs, though I imagine new ones also had to be produced. A great deal of the military's arsenal had been destroyed in the final battle between Celestial Being and A-LAWS, thanks to Ribbons firing the GN-Laser.
Old 2011-12-05, 00:02   Link #1236
kakakka

The whole CB is also in a bad position during the fighting. ESF has to refit the Gn Laser. I imagine the small guns on CB were placed at a bad angle and would be costly to refit one by one, thus were not used effectively during the ELS battle.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:49   Link #1237
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
I Still think the EF government are idiots

-Removing weapons from CB on a ship that was meant to save then has las resort? if it had all the weapons less people would had died and even push back the ELS until setsuna arrived
-Stopping MS development in name of peace? new enemy appears your screwed with old tech
-Forcing military to use old suits and ships ? suicide right here

This is no peace policies its being irresponsible , peace politics is being patient towards others and choose talking instead of force .
Above peace there is insuring the security of your citizens
-As Rising mentioned, the ESF are only cutting back weapon production not halting it completely. You have to take into account that the last ESF admin cramped up MS development like they were at war or something and then used it to oppressed weaker countries and anybody who tried to stop them. Cutting back on army production is a reasonable political reaction and also the sensible one considering the fact that the army can be used against its own people, which was exactly what the last admin did. They're more concerned about humans abusing the military forces rather than say fighting against aliens. Humanity doesn't need that many military forces controlled by one big Earth government, since one of the reasons the ESF was created was to wrestle military control out of their member nations so they can't fight each other.

-The next conflict, which was the Old Human Faction war was the result of a rebellion by a small section of the ESF Army who are against Innovators and the ELS, who are being accepted by the ESF in general. The larger the army, the more damage it can cause if a section decides to rebel or if a government administration wants to use it for bad purposes like the old administration did.

-Besides, its not like there was zero developments since S2. The Braves were designed as a semi mass produced model (more quality over quantity unlike the GN-XIV) that can respond to emergencies quicker. The Gadelaza was also made, and we know there were more than one. The GN-XIV is also a technological marvel for a mass production suit that integrated Gadessa-Series technology obtained from the Innovator faction. All this happened in two years.

-A lot of forces were lost in the A-LAWS battle on either side, considering it was a large concentration of GN forces were in that battle. The HG GN-XIII ESF Type manual also mentioned that the porpotion of GNMS out of all MS were quite small because they're relatively new (this was why Katharon's main strategy was to attack ESF bases quickly and escape before the GNMS backup from other bases can come in; I believe this was mentioned in the Klaus' Enact 00V chapter). They're production lines only began like one or two years prior to S2 anyways because during the timeskip a lot of research needed to be done into them and how to mass produced them and the GN Drive Taus.

-The disarmament policy was continued even after the ELS Conflict, because the ESF obtained information on the location of other civilisation around the galaxy from the ELS, and concluded that the probability of another one intercepting Earth was close to 0% based on where they are located. By 2364, there are no longer mobile suits in used by humanity according to 00N (the Sakibure is officially designated as a workloader; it doesn't have any weapons even if its powerplant is powerful).

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-12-05 at 13:52.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 17:23   Link #1238
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Umm...........he went to the ELS homeworld as an ambassador for the good of humanity and he is going to boundaries previously have not broken and doing an important job. You're making it sound like he went there to party or something rather than doing an important mission. Besides, as we saw with some other people, merging with the ELS can be quite painful process.

Also, it was never stated that he gets to live forever. I don't know where you're getting that from, it was never stated in the movie or in any of the sidematerials. Living forever is also not a good thing as you'll always watch your loved ones die, which is always pure anguish. You'll either not be close to anyone (which sounds more like Setsuna quite frankly, though probably less so with his new persona) or you'll keep making new loved ones/frieneds and then watching them die over and over again. Living forever is not pure bliss.
I think it's safe to say that Setsuna is immortal, his no longer remotely human, he hasn't aged in 50 years. His body isn't flesh and blood, his the closest thing we have seen to a god like being in the history of Gundam.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 18:09   Link #1239
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
his the closest thing we have seen to a god like being in the history of Gundam.
I'll draw your attention to the Turn A and Turn X.
Old 2011-12-08, 18:59   Link #1240
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'll draw your attention to the Turn A and Turn X.
Those are simply really powerful robots, I am talking about something sentient.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote