AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 17:31   Link #3821
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Wait what? But:
Spoiler:
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:34   Link #3822
Touko

Look up Chapter 59.

It's kind of ass-pull, but they did recreate the scene from the game.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:13   Link #3823
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
I really liked the Rider v Saber fight in the manga. I liked how it expanded on it and gave Sakura and Rider a bigger role.
The fight was pretty much the same(except for how it ended), and they didn't really expand on Sakura at all, they completely changed her backstory, given she

Spoiler for backstory:
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:17   Link #3824
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
The fight was pretty much the same(except for how it ended), and they didn't really expand on Sakura at all, they completely changed her backstory, given she

Spoiler for backstory:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-10, 18:18   Link #3825
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2012-07-10, 18:21   Link #3826
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, it definitely seems to change some details, but it's still the Fate route so it makes sense that they wouldn't delve super deep into it. But at least you get some picture of what it's like instead of it all being a mystery. Also, I thought the whole "raised as the heir" thing meant that she was just the one who the Matou bloodline would depend on, not that she would be a full fledged magus -- which is true in the VN too. The "training" she gets could just be worms.
Old 2012-07-10, 18:39   Link #3827
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Also, I thought the whole "raised as the heir" thing meant that she was just the one who the Matou bloodline would depend on, not that she would be a full fledged magus -- which is true in the VN too.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2012-07-11, 00:11   Link #3828
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

What I meant was, "the ways of magic" that she's being taught, couldn't that just be the usual worm business? I mean, isn't that how they pass on their magic. Plus, it's not like Zouken ever tells them his true objectives, so just saying "you're the heir, enjoy your painful training" wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

As for me, I liked it, because, well, if I wanted the normal story I already have the VN. The whole point of an alternate story is to explore some different possibilities.
Old 2012-07-11, 07:05   Link #3829
Kaiba

Quote:
It's a little mix of everything, but looks like the Fate route.
Sigh.

I know it's the easiest to make into the story, but is the Fate route more popular in Japan? I know at least among English readers, everyone seems to think "either UBW or HF is the best, and Fate's alright, but not nearly as good."
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 10:30   Link #3830
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Sigh.

I know it's the easiest to make into the story, but is the Fate route more popular in Japan? I know at least among English readers, everyone seems to think "either UBW or HF is the best, and Fate's alright, but not nearly as good."
I highly doubt it. I guess the mangaka just felt like adapting it. The manga is pretty bad anyways so at least he's butchering the Fate route.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:51   Link #3831
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Sigh.

Saber is far and away the most popular heroine in Japan, so it wouldn't surprise me if the fanbase automatically preferred Fate over the other two routes because of her.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:29   Link #3832
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Saber is far and away the most popular heroine in Japan, so it wouldn't surprise me if the fanbase automatically preferred Fate over the other two routes because of her.
Saber is the most popular FSN heroine period. But even then majority still prefer UBW over Fate.

And I doubt she's even that much more popular than Rin in Japan. I'd say the difference in popularity between her and the other heroines is much more outside of Japan.

HF is neutral. It has a lot of haters but at the same time a lot of people like it(it is clearly the best route though).
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:34   Link #3833
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I prefer Fate over UBW, but UBW is good.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:27   Link #3834
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What I meant was, "the ways of magic" that she's being taught, couldn't that just be the usual worm business? I mean, isn't that how they pass on their magic. Plus, it's not like Zouken ever tells them his true objectives, so just saying "you're the heir, enjoy your painful training" wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

As for me, I liked it, because, well, if I wanted the normal story I already have the VN. The whole point of an alternate story is to explore some different possibilities.
It could be that way and could not, originally, Shinji found out about it in the basement, and nothing about that training was shown, so it stands to say it is more likely the author altered the backstory, especially given Rin's lack of apprehension about Sakura (and vice-versa) that was all over the original story. What this ends up being is a mess. You know the saying, "too many cooks spoil the broth"? That comes into play here for me. It felt completely different at multiple points rather than an alternative view is what I've been saying.

And yes, it's good to look at alternative possibilities, but this was honestly kinda of just shoving some parts in and force-altering character backstories to fit a purpose (making Shinji seem more personable)more than anything.
Old 2012-07-13, 05:47   Link #3835
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

what is the name of the song played in the Gil vs Shirou fight of UBW anime?
Old 2012-07-13, 06:09   Link #3836
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Musubareru Sekai
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:12   Link #3837
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Something occured to me. Archer can't copy Ea... but that's the servant version of him. What if it was the original counter guardian EMIYA? does the current material support or deny the plausibility? or is it still up in the air whether he can copy it or not?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:51   Link #3838
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Something occured to me. Archer can't copy Ea... but that's the servant version of him. What if it was the original counter guardian EMIYA? does the current material support or deny the plausibility? or is it still up in the air whether he can copy it or not?
no version of shirou can copy Ea

Quote:
The construction of weapons is also limited to materials found upon the planet in the present era, so weapons like Ea, which is constructed from substances not found in the world, cannot be analyzed or reproduced.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:21   Link #3839
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Look up Chapter 59.

It's kind of ass-pull, but they did recreate the scene from the game.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-17, 01:53   Link #3840
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
no version of shirou can copy Ea
However if he created Excalibur, he would, and die