Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 10:51   Link #1441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In other news, GameStop shares plummet after Sony announces PlayStation Now lol
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 04:43   Link #1442
majestix1988

if you think generally America mostly good when comes to multiplatform games for their consoles but on Japan is exclusives than multiplatform this is why Xbox 360 failed its expectation due "Halo" can not changed its paced on japanese market(thats why never underestimate a exclusive game for one console) the only way for Xbox One is create a Japanese Studio for exclusive Japanese Game that will change japanese market(but still MS...focused on US/EU) even they put a dead rising exclusivity(for x1)/Monster Hunter Frontier...nothing changed on 360
Old 2014-01-10, 05:18   Link #1443
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So that's why a lot of JRPG did so well on the 360?

The demographic is just different. US can't appreciate Japan oriented games, and vice versa. They mostly hate anything that look cute, and look down on anything that has loli/moe. MS had a good run in Japan for a little while, and then they just gave up.

Also, Monster Hunter Frontier is terrible.
Old 2014-01-10, 07:55   Link #1444
majestix1988

yup,thats why MS never noticed on first place.....instead they focused on gears of wars/forza/halo....that hit on US but on worldwide sales it never changed + due Xbox Live Compabilities on other countries(such as southeast asian countries or countries have poor connection on internet sometimes an Xbox Live can be good but sometimes its not.....

on jrpgs on 360 the sales that could not make the qouta(due to that Publisher created good version on PS3) then Cows from system wars (thanks the lemming for beta testings) only last remnant did not make it on Ps3

+ dont forget its cultural difference to each other that changed the market + social gaming

due demographic issues.......japan countered it via releasing Demon's Souls/Dark's Souls that good rpg concept than US rpg even that vanquish.....meanwhile on US O_o still the same

due many failures of ps3 on the past (Sony changed it ways via giving customers more games for them with exclusive even on the verge of bankruptcy but still sony support even they gave games have good offline campaign than focusing a online multiplayer)
Old 2014-01-10, 16:06   Link #1445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sony to Bring the Big Guns at Taipei Game Show with PS4, Vita and PS3; Microsoft and Nintendo Won’t Participate

Quote:
This year’s Taipei Game Show will be held between January 23rd and January 27th at the World Trade Center in Taipei, and Sony is set to rule the exhibition at least for what the console market is concerned, since both Microsoft and Nintendo aren’t going to be part of the celebrations.

In order to make the best impact Sony will bring the big guns, with 23 PS4 Games between first and third party, 20 PS Vita Games (of which two demonstrated on PS Vita TV), and 14 PS3 titles.

The company will also host a series of stage events with prominent developers in attendance, like Street Fighter Producer Yoshinori Ono, Soul Sacrifice Director Keiji Inafune, Gran Turismo Director Kazunori Yamauchi, Yakuza Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi, inFamous Producer Greg Phillips and quite a few more.
List of games: http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=1680
Old 2014-01-10, 16:11   Link #1446
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Interesting, DriveClub will make an appearance.

Also, I am wondering. Why isn't Final Fantasy X and X-2 bundled together? The Jak and Dexter Trilogy was able to do that on the Vita. It would give it a lot of value to the players and increase sales more than selling them separate.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 16:28   Link #1447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally I'm looking forward to the Vita games than PS4's.

...Which for some reason, are all hunting games Oh, and Akiba'Strip

(God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars...)
Old 2014-01-10, 16:30   Link #1448
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@ReaperxKingx: yeah, that would have been ideal if they done that on the vita version. i dont like having to
deal with downloading extra gigs into my memory card. oh well, i'm sticking to the ps3 version.

other than that, hopefully, they will announce more JRPG for the ps4 during the show. a new
fighting game would also be nice too. i still havent had a reason to bother buying
a ps4 yet since i'm not interested in any of its current games. also looking forward to
what interesting games the vita going to pop up with...

and lol....no nintendo. :P
Old 2014-01-10, 16:36   Link #1449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

other than that, hopefully, they will announce more JRPG for the ps4 during the show. a new
fighting game would also be nice too. i still havent had a reason to bother buying
a ps4 yet since i'm not interested in any of its current games.
Yeah you probably should, the reason why I got my early was... Hmmm, funny story...
Old 2014-01-10, 17:10   Link #1450
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
@ReaperxKingx:

a ps4 yet since i'm not interested in any of its current games. also looking forward to
what interesting games the vita going to pop up with...

and lol....no nintendo. :P
I planned on buying my PS4 on the Black Friday 2014. Games and the system itself will have some discounts and there will be more games to choose from. Right now the exclusives of Deep Down and such are not yet available. Playstation Now is a a good experience but will have major improvement until then. Waiting is best.

My most anticipated game for the NFL will probably be out on Novemeber. With the EA sport's exclusive gone from the NFL, it may be the revival of the NFL 2K series. The next Battlefield and Call of Duty will be present as well Indie games will be plentiful.
Old 2014-01-10, 17:23   Link #1451
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I planned on buying my PS4 on the Black Friday 2014. Games and the system itself will have some discounts and there will be more games to choose from. Right now the exclusives of Deep Down and such are not yet available. Playstation Now is a a good experience but will have major improvement until then. Waiting is best.

My most anticipated game for the NFL will probably be out on Novemeber. With the EA sport's exclusive gone from the NFL, it may be the revival of the NFL 2K series. The next Battlefield and Call of Duty will be present as well Indie games will be plentiful.
I'm personally waiting until the jRPGs start hitting the system so I'm guessing that by the 2014 holiday season or maybe even the first half of 2015 will be the point where I finally cave.
Old 2014-01-10, 17:55   Link #1452
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is there any news of the PS4 bundle with the Vita in the U.S. market yet?
Old 2014-01-10, 20:58   Link #1453
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the Vita games than PS4's.

...Which for some reason, are all hunting games Oh, and Akiba'Strip

(God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars...)
To be honest, I'm curious more for another price drop of Vita

Quote:
No news so far. SCEA don't even care for Vita anyway
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:31   Link #1454
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

My bestbuy, gamestop, and walmart are still out of stock. THis is getting ridicules.
Old 2014-01-11, 03:02   Link #1455
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I actually bit the bullet and bought a Vita by itself (still haven't touched it though since I'm waiting for my screen protector).

I'm just thinking, if PS4 is so hard to find that scalpers are selling it for 600 bucks at least, what are the odds of me getting the bundle? I'd have to check every site every day, and even then there's no guarantee it'll not be sold out. Sounds too much work for a PS4 I won't be even be playing since I don't have a game I want to play for it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 08:46   Link #1456
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I actually bit the bullet and bought a Vita by itself (still haven't touched it though since I'm waiting for my screen protector).

I'm just thinking, if PS4 is so hard to find that scalpers are selling it for 600 bucks at least, what are the odds of me getting the bundle? I'd have to check every site every day, and even then there's no guarantee it'll not be sold out. Sounds too much work for a PS4 I won't be even be playing since I don't have a game I want to play for it.
some people on Amazon are selling bundles for 900 dollars taking full advantage of the situation..........yeah, waiting is the best course of action. This problem of availability is a good problem, it means the gaming console is very good. Just have to be patient. However, still, it is still ridicules that even the big markets don't have it.
Old 2014-01-11, 17:57   Link #1457
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
some people on Amazon are selling bundles for 900 dollars taking full advantage of the situation..........yeah, waiting is the best course of action. This problem of availability is a good problem, it means the gaming console is very good. Just have to be patient. However, still, it is still ridicules that even the big markets don't have it.
I've been told less visited store are more likely to have the consoles in stock though at this point after launch, those might have already been snapped up by now. Personally dont feel the need to get PS4 yet since i got a pretty decent PC right now. Gonna wait till some must have JRPG exclusive to come out before i decide on it since japanese games generally don't get PC ports.

The last gen lasted so long that major publishers are porting their games to PC these days anyway and i don't think that will be stopping anytime soon.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:10   Link #1458
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

There was a time in amazon that they had as much as 1000 PS4 stocks. I think someone mentioned it here.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 11:15   Link #1459
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Gonna wait till some must have JRPG exclusive to come out before i decide on it since japanese games generally don't get PC ports.
Even that has been changing, albeit slowly. Having a gaming PC is keeping me from the PS4 and Xbox One simply because there really isn't that many games that won't also arrive on PC. Honestly the One appeals to me more at the moment just because I would really like to play the new Killer Instinct. The rest of the console is completely uninteresting, and I despise the consumer policies MS has been advocating for it.

It's sort of the same problem with the Wii U. It doesn't really matter if it has third party games, because you can get them on other platforms and they'll probably be better (and in some cases cheaper). Nintendo's exclusives are the only real reason to own one, if you like their games, of course.

When I see people desiring a PS4 or Xbox One, it's almost always for games that are coming months/years from now and there's very few exclusives for either of the platforms. That makes it a lot harder to justify their current asking prices if you already own a platform these multi-platforms are coming to.

Of course, apparently people have a lot of money and none of what I said matters.
Old 2014-01-12, 14:51   Link #1460
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Solance

Gaming culture has also been heading towards half collector mentality where people enjoy getting the games/hardware/etc as much as they enjoy the games themselves. OH look at all these cheap games, GET. OH look at all these old games I'm never going to touch again anyway, GET. I might play this in 10 years so whatever, GET. So it's not that surprising to see people jumping on hardware just for the hell of it.

With regard to WiiU, assuming Steam Machines flop (from being overpromised/underdelivered if nothing else) WiiU may see a quick gain in popularity (as it already has); since it's the console with the most exclusives, smallest form factor, perfect for your kids, and most of the things you don't see on it are on your PC right now anyway. People have already hacked the controller as far as I can tell. Right now the best move nintendo could make is to just open the entire thing up and offer a extra device to allow it to communicate to your PC (it wouldn't go against their policy of "we are also a hardware manufacturer so F U").