Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-21, 09:39   Link #7621
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
On a more general note, a lot of people on the internet seem to be calling Flare weak just because Lucy's getting the upper hand on her, which is probably a disservice to Flare. Lucy just got a massive power up that lets her casually summon multiple spirits at a time, when before it was impossible for her in any combat worthy form.

Flare on her part casually jumped above and out of the way of Taurus's swing, casually blocked Scorpio's sandstorm shot, and either evaded, or tanked the combo attack without damage. Note that by virtue of Lucy powering up, all her spirits should be powered up as well. Cancer cutting her hair just pissed her off, and she can not only send her hair through the ground to attack, she can send it the through the ground the very large distance to the stands to threaten Asuka.

That's enough to curb-stomp Lucy pre-power up. As it stands, Lucy didn't even so much have the upper hand as she was fighting evenly with Flare.
Loki, Gemini, Caprico say hello

...or Aquarius (if she could be summoned here that is, maybe summoned in Lucys water whip) likely could have defeated what we saw of Flare even if controlled by pretime skip Lucy. The real shock is the fodder keys where beating her and Lucy' multisummon.

Dont get me wrong Flare would have seemed much stronger even vs lets say Loki and the fight would have likely resembled Lucy vs Bixlow with Lucy barely winning in the end. But vs Gemini or Caprico Flare likely would be defeated in moments even pre time skip since both have amazingly strong powers.

Plus Lucy has gotten quite a bit stronger every arc... so who is to say how strong she would have been without the power up (clearly not this strong but still at least a bit better than she was in s class trail where she was summoning almost all her keys in rapid succussesion)
Old 2012-02-21, 10:49   Link #7622
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am pretty sure that aquarius can be somewhat controlled if lucy summons scorpio at the same time.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:39   Link #7623
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I am pretty sure that aquarius can be somewhat controlled if lucy summons scorpio at the same time.
Only if he doesn't look at Lucy or Lucy look at him "incorrectly" that is. In which case there will be hell to play.
Old 2012-02-21, 15:38   Link #7624
Deathscyther

Wow, honestly surprised with Lucy's fight. She's finally using more spirits at the same time. I've been waiting for that. She hasn't even used her stronger summons yet. I hope they'll save some for later in the arc though.

And wow, Flare has immediately resorted to playing dirty.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:49   Link #7625
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What did Flare's hair do to Lucy's boots?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 02:59   Link #7626
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ripped them open...not ideal for walking.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 03:03   Link #7627
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It's speculated that the hair may have some kind of acidic material that made Lucy's boots like that.
Old 2012-02-23, 04:24   Link #7628
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It has the power to stop a tornado, I doubt Lucy's leather boots would be an issue for that kind of power :P
Old 2012-02-23, 08:27   Link #7629
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
It's speculated that the hair may have some kind of acidic material that made Lucy's boots like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It has the power to stop a tornado, I doubt Lucy's leather boots would be an issue for that kind of power :P
I'd seriously like to know how acidic hair stops a tornado, let alone just extending hair. She had to spin her hair in the opposite direction at high speed or something to counteract the wind.

I'm not saying her hair cant extend or have an acidic attack to it, just that neither by themselves would stop a twister.
Old 2012-02-23, 14:23   Link #7630
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
It's her shampoo: Acidic to everything but hair and skin!
Old 2012-02-23, 15:51   Link #7631
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's her shampoo: Acidic to everything but hair and skin!
I bet Hiro got his inspiration for Flare, when he saw an Axe Shampoo commercial and thought, hmm, hot chicks, powerful shampoo, Yandere revolution, BOOM!, Flare Corona. I'm a genius >v>.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:57   Link #7632
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think you guys are looking too much into it. It's flippin' magic! And do note that said twister was magical in nature as well, so it's just a clash of two mages rather than pitting hair against natural disasters...if that was the case, this would be the most useless kind of magic xD Think about that tourney chick from Flame of Recca (I think) with the scissor hair (or was it needle hair?), Flare's kinda like that.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:38   Link #7633
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Lol, you guys are really going into deep discussion. Natsu's flaming fist don't set his opponents on fire/or does something other then a normal punch would do, so talking about how the boots died is over-thinking much. But hey, fun discussion is fun I guess.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:56   Link #7634
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I don't know what you are talking about, Natsu's flame punches heat cracked Gajeel's Iron scales.

And then there was that... ... ... one with that guy who was in that chapter that was out last year. (kudos to whomever gets the reference)
Old 2012-02-24, 08:02   Link #7635
Aesthetic Shampoo

This makes me mad because it wasn't fair because it's simply ridiculous?

From the chapter title, it was obvious Lucy was gonna lose. Okay. But like that? I thought it would be something like the hair lady threatening the baby till the end. But she didn't get disqualified when Natsu found her out and ripped her hair in front of the whole freaking audience. And she didn't get disqualified when the ex high council found out there was outside interference to Lucy's magic. This is bullshit.

And the audience pisses me off, i hope they get caught up in whatever plan Raven Tail and Zeref nutcases are cooking up.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:09   Link #7636
haegar
mangaviking

lucy. the. goddess.

that is all I have to say.

oke, she got bitched with and thus it didn't turn out well, but that's just a minor detail.

wasn't she simply GLORIOUS?
Old 2012-02-24, 08:31   Link #7637
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Interesting use of Gemini, and good to see that Luzy did master that spell, although it takes all she has. Yay for Natsu's hearing, but someone interfered? Does this tournament have no way to detect outside interference and cheating? Cancelling a spell of that magnitude has got to take an equally powerful magic, and this tournament has no way to detect outside magic to keep things fair?

I hope to see Lucy taunt this at Flare, though: "Ha ha, we both know you can't win without taking hostages or getting outside help. You're WEAKER than me!"

Anyway, next chapter is Orga of the black lightning? A hint that Laxus is gonna fight someone?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:37   Link #7638
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*sits back and watches how many people are going to flood in here with RAGE*

...can't say that I didn't feel a bit of that myself... "Noble Loser" my ass...

Makarov was about to jump in there and beat his shitty son to a pulp over that one. And Yajima-ojisan looked mighty pissed too. Well, being a former Mage Council member, I'm sure he realized what happened. Still, why didn't anyone speak up? Are they waiting for the 'right time' to suddenly list all the things that Raven Tail was doing?

How can anyone NOT be suspicious of a guild that was a 'Dark Guild' just a YEAR ago? They shouldn't have been allowed to enter the tourny - at all. Not just one year afterward the fact.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:38   Link #7639
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for chapter 272:
Old 2012-02-24, 08:46   Link #7640
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for chapter 272: