AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-09, 15:01   Link #241
Wilshere

Spoiler for FOR ENDING SEQUENCE AND EVENTS:
Old 2013-08-09, 15:50   Link #242
kaminakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Anything from the epilogue?
Old 2013-08-09, 15:55   Link #243
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaminakun View Post
Anything from the epilogue?
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-09, 15:58   Link #244
kaminakun

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Thank you. I can die a happy man now.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:38   Link #245
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Argh, can't wait to see it!
Spoiler for Reals:
Old 2013-08-09, 17:57   Link #246
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Argh, can't wait to see it!
Spoiler for Reals:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-09, 18:01   Link #247
iMACobra

So basically they gave us another ambiguous ending with the kiss (on the cheek) at the end? Not that I expected anything different for a light-hearted romantic teen comedy.

Quote:
Wait, don't you mean they return to being normal siblings AFTER she graduates???

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-09 at 18:09. Reason: merge double-post
Old 2013-08-09, 18:09   Link #248
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMACobra View Post
So basically they gave us another ambiguous ending with the kiss (on the cheek) at the end? Not that I expected anything different for a light-hearted romantic teen comedy.
Spoiler for Novel/Anime Ending:

Quote:
Wait, don't you mean they return to being normal siblings AFTER she graduates???
Spoiler for Novel/Anime Ending:
Old 2013-08-09, 18:15   Link #249
iMACobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
She graduates middle school, but she has yet to graduate high school. So both could potentially be true, though the future is not shown.
I know she graduates from middle school but Wilshere said they "act like siblings TILL she graduates" which means he's saying that they stopped being normal siblings after she graduated from middle school.
Old 2013-08-09, 18:39   Link #250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I know she graduates from middle school but Wilshere said they "act like siblings TILL she graduates" which means he's saying that they stopped being normal siblings after she graduated from middle school.
The latest rumour is that:

Spoiler for Rumour:

To be confirmed...
Old 2013-08-09, 18:45   Link #251
iMACobra

Quote:

Spoiler for Rumour:

To be confirmed...
OOOOHHHHHH!!!........ No wonder I couldn't understand.... I never heard this rumor yet.... I would hope it would be true....
Old 2013-08-09, 18:52   Link #252
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
OOOOHHHHHH!!!........ No wonder I couldn't understand.... I never heard this rumor yet.... I would hope it would be true....
At this point, I'm taking it as not true, or at least a misunderstanding... but we'll all get to watch the episode soon enough.

(Edit: I think the person stating this probably just misinterpreted the promise as referring to Kirino's graduation from Middle School not High School, and so got the timelines confused, but again, we'll see.)
Old 2013-08-09, 19:58   Link #253
Mazryonh

I remember how the first season of the OreImo anime had an anime-original "Good Ending" that featured Kirino and Kyousuke getting together. Will the Second Season have another anime-original ending to satisfy the Kuroneko fans?
Old 2013-08-09, 20:14   Link #254
shironeko8

us kuroneko fans can only pray. :3 XD

But.... i highly doubt it though. Season 1's good end just got one episode whereas true route which spotlighted kuroneko got 3 episodes.
Seeing as season 2's episodes 14-16 will all feature kirino, it's kinda unlikely they'll make an anime-original ending.
But then again, one can only hope. XD

Last edited by shironeko8; 2013-08-09 at 20:27.
Old 2013-08-09, 20:39   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I remember how the first season of the OreImo anime had an anime-original "Good Ending" that featured Kirino and Kyousuke getting together. Will the Second Season have another anime-original ending to satisfy the Kuroneko fans?
No alternate endings have been suggested at any point so far. In the first season's case, it was mostly a compromise to give TV-only viewers some sort of an ending given that they couldn't fit 15 episodes on the TV broadcast. But here all 16 episodes follow one timeline to the end, and they already came up with a different way to give TV viewers "some sort of an ending" in S2.

If they did decide later on to create some "IF Route" OVAs, I'm honestly not sure if I'd have it branch off of the s2 storyline at all, because most of the story still revolves around Kirino no matter what (either her love gets requited, or it's the story of her moving on). The only way to give the alternate heroine sufficient time in an OVA format would basically be to do some really quick "what if that never happened" and then go off into an alternate timeline and sort of ignore continuity to a certain degree. Maybe even easier to just flash forward and jump straight to the afterstory -- but then, honestly, I don't see how it'd be all that different from Episode 8 in Kuroneko's case, or the latter-half of Episode 12 for Ayase.

Well, all this aside, this is arguably why we have the upcoming PS3 game.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:57   Link #256
GVN.Chaos

Hmph~ by the way, does anyone remember the scene that Kirino crying in rain at season1's OP? Where does that scene come from ?
Old 2013-08-09, 22:55   Link #257
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Hmph~ by the way, does anyone remember the scene that Kirino crying in rain at season1's OP? Where does that scene come from ?
Maybe it was referring to the scene she wrote about in her cellphone novel? I don't recall that a scene like that was ever shown in the story proper.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:13   Link #258
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm definitely hoping for an alternative ending, since that was the pattern for the last season. Yes, there is an alternative explanation to what happened last season, but still not going to discount the talent of the original author. After all, this was someone good enough to give us one of the best harem anime ever with less of the pitfalls and cheap tricks the genre was known for. I refuse to believe he did not expect the outrage from the ending of the novel. Not after Kuroneko definitely outdid Kirino in several polls. Not after the reception which greeted the teasing of a Kuroneko manga spinoff. Not after the very public destruction of several volumes of OreImo books.

Perhaps it was a calculated move to end the novel the way it was supposed to. Good thing the publishers let that ending slide. It was brave of the author, given the climate of the otaku world. And most of all, he got the ending he wanted.

However, it was also the ending that would’ve been predicted right from the start, and so far, I think I have been surprised more often than predicted what was going to happen next. A Kirino ending was something I predicted, which after 2 seasons of OreImo was something I was beginning to doubt because it was so damn predictable.

And what about the anime, with the producers needing to make that buck and afford the fees of the star-studded cast, would they pressure the author into making a Kuroneko ending for the anime? Would they use last season as a precedent to create an alternate ending? Would they do their best to allow at least the anime to sell well after the books themselves tanked?

I’m actually looking forward to whether they actually follow through with the novel ending!
Old 2013-08-10, 13:35   Link #259
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Not after the very public destruction of several volumes of OreImo books.
Just sayin', but never take this sort of thing seriously at all. It didn't matter who the final pairing was, you'd still get some clowns doing this to make a scene. All they have to do is go to the store and buy a bunch of books used for cheap, and then they can make a little spectacle, take some pictures, and post it on 2ch to make it seem like they're so outraged. It's just a meme. It doesn't matter who the final pairing was: people would have done this either way. It's what 2ch does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Would they do their best to allow at least the anime to sell well after the books themselves tanked?
This is absolutely "citation needed". Following the revelation of the ending of the novels, anime sales rose by many orders of magnitude, and remain top-ranked for many days. There's no evidence to suggest that this ending had any negative impact on sales, nor that the "books tanked".

In the end, I like how your post is like "the courage to choose the better, more profitable ending for the franchise!" (as Mayoi taught us, anything seems more valiant when you make it sound courageous)... but your shipper clothes are showing a bit too much.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:33   Link #260
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Spoiler for Rumour:

To be confirmed...
If that is the case. I really really really really hope that, even for 1 minute.... no 10 seconds, they will show the grown-up Kirino and Kyousuke.

Actually any fan art will do for me right now. Anything. I just want to see the two outlook's and interactions being adult