AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-09, 07:57   Link #41
oompa loompa

mm.. i'm not sure about this. i mean, i liked the episode a lot, but kiseijuu is not your regular hot blooded shonen. The manga itself had a very minimalist style, and that wasn't reflected from the get-go. Still going to watch it cos its a good manga
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 09:39   Link #42
Ryuga

I remember reading the manga of this a long time ago and I loved it, so I was looking forward to this. And I was not disappointed in the slightest, I'm following the anime to the end guaranteed. This is top tier stuff.

The changes don't bother me at all, and I'm totally digging Aya Hirano's voice as Migi.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 10:33   Link #43
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Told you guys. His design doesn't look so bad now, does it?

This was a great premiere. Part of me wishes the story still took place in the 90s, but it makes more sense to modernize the setting in order to attract new viewers. They did a good job at that. It's pretty fun to see the inclusion of all those modern technologies into this. Shinichi is a lot more of a wimp than his manga self, but as evidenced by the pic above, it won't remain that way forever. He'll have to evolve if he wants to survive.

We didn't get a sense of how many aliens invaded Earth. If there are a lot of them, humanity is in deep shit. They're clearly stronger and frighteningly intelligent (it only took a couple of days for Migi to learn to read and speak Japanese). And they are definitely not friendly. This is looking grim. Deliciously grim.

I'm so happy this finally got a worthy anime adaptation after all these years. It's a classic more people need to know about.
There was no reason to give the MC glasses and this proves it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 14:25   Link #44
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well. The first episode had me constantly on the edge of being grossed out but the comedy fell a bit flat. (I reckon that's what that breast grab was right?)
I don't think so my reaction was rolling my eyes and letting out a huge sigh. I'm pretty sure that was the intended reaction.
Old 2014-10-09, 14:52   Link #45
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I don't think so my reaction was rolling my eyes and letting out a huge sigh. I'm pretty sure that was the intended reaction.
If this weren't a show from a manga written in the 90s I would have said that it was a huge cliché getting put in there for no apparent reason but this doesn't strike me as the kind of show to pull that kind of thing and Madhouse are very high in my list of best regarded studios after Hunter X Hunter as well.

It's no big deal either. I just felt like the show didn't leave me feeling on the edge like I was expecting
Old 2014-10-09, 14:57   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Been a while since I've seen a Madhouse show feel like... a Madhouse show. This adaptation certainly seems to fit them like a glove.

I haven't read the original manga despite meaning at one point some I'm going to this pretty blind. Plus I won't worry about having to be disappointed in anything!

That said, was pretty strong premiere in my books. The story already hints at some directions it might be going under the whole alien invasion threat such as the co-existences between Shinichi and... his hand and relationships between the aliens themselves. Also chances are if this little guy could fail to take over our MC properly hen it's likely that many more people like him who didn't get their brains eaten after encountering them too. Whatever case I'm looking forward how this plays out.

Way too many quality looking shows this Fall, I'm going to be pretty hard to keep my 5 show season rule at this rate.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-10-09 at 15:09.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 19:33   Link #47
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If this weren't a show from a manga written in the 90s I would have said that it was a huge cliché getting put in there for no apparent reason but this doesn't strike me as the kind of show to pull that kind of thing and Madhouse are very high in my list of best regarded studios after Hunter X Hunter as well.

It's no big deal either. I just felt like the show didn't leave me feeling on the edge like I was expecting
Actualy he didn't groped her at all in manga...
Old 2014-10-09, 19:40   Link #48
Iron Maw
Banned

Does it really matter? I'm one of first people to roll my eyes at such a pretty cliche thing, but in context it was clearly Shinichi's sentiment hand that did it. It's not any different then it's other actions it took out of curiosity.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-10-09 at 20:01.
Old 2014-10-10, 00:29   Link #49
MasterVampire

I haven't read the manga but do the governments of the world know about this invasion?

Seems like it's not something that could go unnoticed.....
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 01:18   Link #50
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

...AND this is the reason why I don't understand why it took so frigging long to get an anime adaptation. Source is obviously excellent, and coupled with top notch voice acting (Hirano really got it right while I'm quite surprised HanaKana didn't pull out her usual HanaKana voice for timid girls; runaway winner though is Nobunaga's MC), and it really brought the show to life.

Better late than never I guess.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 01:26   Link #51
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I haven't read the manga but do the governments of the world know about this invasion?

Seems like it's not something that could go unnoticed.....
Well the invasion only started 2 days ago, and seems some deaths are only now just being reported. We don't know if this is something just limited to Japan either.
Old 2014-10-10, 08:35   Link #52
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy he didn't groped her at all in manga...
"He" didn't.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 10:20   Link #53
Tenzen12

Well, I always considered Migi to be male, though there indeed isn't point of such distinction...
Old 2014-10-10, 10:48   Link #54
Key Board
Carbon

I already read the manga, but the soundwork in this anime is great
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 10:53   Link #55
HandofFate

The thing I'm most interested in finding out is why this particular parasyte on his hand is so accommodating.
And why the rest are so hostile.
Old 2014-10-10, 13:23   Link #56
Tenzen12

it's simple, he needs Shinji to get nutrients > he needs his cooperation > he can't just kill people.
Old 2014-10-10, 13:49   Link #57
Esclair

Shinji's parasite operates mostly on logic with a bit of instinct. It doesn't seem like he can take over Shinji right now, which means his best course of action is to try to build a good relationship with Shinji. If he becomes too much of a burden to Shinji, Shinji can cut him off during the 4 hours he has rest. If Shinji dies, he dies, so he can't control Shinji with violence either or put him in harm's way.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 21:14   Link #58
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Good first episode kind of suck that its in his right hand
Old 2014-10-10, 23:42   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Oh wow. That was really good. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, though I knew the manga source has received high praise.

Quite impressive! And yes, the bgm, OP and ED all work extremely well for me too. The visuals are pretty good, not ravingly stupendous, but hey - as a whole this was definitely one of the best premiers for me this season. Kudos to MadHouse again on this one.

Now if only it will keep the level of excellence it set in ep one (or even turn it up a notch)....

I will be following this one.
Old 2014-10-11, 00:33   Link #60
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Finally got around to watching the first episode. I get the feeling this may be one of those times where I like the anime more then the manga it was adapted from. I like the manga, but I don't quite have the same amount of high praise as some others. My only complaint for this episode would be that sometimes it felt like the bgm was overpowering the scenes.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence