AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 07:03   Link #3961
Drakkar77

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker on these forums for about 2 weeks now, after I discovered the wonderful love story in anime form and got hooked on the LN.

I've read nearly all this thread so forgive me if it's been said but I haven't seen it anywhere. Being that Oreimo, as well as the beautiful language of Japan, has so many double meanings, and metaphors, the end also seems to be a metaphor. Just as Fushimi must hide the true nature of Kirino's and Kyousuke's relationship because of how society views such relations, so must these two hide it from world.

At first I didn't like this ending, and I haven't read a ton of books, like my wife has. But it seems like this ending is the most elegant metaphor in the series as well as I have ever read.

I live in the US and gay marriage has had (is still having) a hard battle to be recognized here, of which I used to be neither opposed or in favor. However,...this incredible love story and the struggles that Kirino and Kyousuke have had to overcome to understand each other, and love each other has made me realize that the love between adults (or people of close age) is something that should never be criminalized.

It's a bitter sweet end and for couples who face things like this in real life, I wish them all the best.

Last edited by Drakkar77; 2013-06-26 at 07:14.
Drakkar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:56   Link #3962
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar77 View Post
Hello everyone, I've been a lurker on these forums for about 2 weeks now, after I discovered the wonderful love story in anime form and got hooked on the LN.

I've read nearly all this thread so forgive me if it's been said but I haven't seen it anywhere. Being that Oreimo, as well as the beautiful language of Japan, has so many double meanings, and metaphors, the end also seems to be a metaphor. Just as Fushimi must hide the true nature of Kirino's and Kyousuke's relationship because of how society views such relations, so must these two hide it from world.

At first I didn't like this ending, and I haven't read a ton of books, like my wife has. But it seems like this ending is the most elegant metaphor in the series as well as I have ever read.

I live in the US and gay marriage has had (is still having) a hard battle to be recognized here, of which I used to be neither opposed or in favor. However,...this incredible love story and the struggles that Kirino and Kyousuke have had to overcome to understand each other, and love each other has made me realize that the love between adults (or people of close age) is something that should never be criminalized.

It's a bitter sweet end and for couples who face things like this in real life, I wish them all the best.
Problem is, it's not "your" choice that matters, it's "society's" choice that matters. Like it or not, issues like this will stay this way for a good while.
If you analyze their relationship, it honestly seems no different with how the typical relationship is portrayed nowadays. But then again, to some people incest = rape(I'm dead serious here) so yea.....
I did enjoy reading your response to the story and it was interesting again to see an adult and married person's point of view of the story.
Do realize that I'm mostly being objective when saying this and trying to eliminate as much of my bias and opinion as possible, so please don't be offended by what I am saying. Thank you in advance.
Edit: I have no idea what the hell I'm saying anymore.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-26 at 12:16.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:15   Link #3963
Tenshi-Kun

I'm just glad they didn't fully go incest. They left it off in the end, how it can go however you like. (if I interpreted that right?)
Tenshi-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:17   Link #3964
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Problem is, it's not "your" choice that matters, it's "society's" choice that matters. Like it or not, issues like this will stay this way for a good while.
If you analyze their relationship, it honestly seems no different with how the typical relationship is portrayed nowadays. But then again, to some people incest = rape(I'm dead serious here) so yea.....
I did enjoy reading your response to the story and it was interesting again to see an adult and married person's point of view of the story.
Do realize that I'm mostly being objective when saying this and trying to eliminate as much of my bias and opinion as possible, so please don't be offended by what I am saying. Thank you in advance.
Edit: I have no idea what the hell I'm saying anymore.
Do you think that incest=rape? or is the sociaty point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi-Kun View Post
I'm just glad they didn't fully go incest. They left it off in the end, how it can go however you like. (if I interpreted that right?)
The Autor said that it's a kirino happy ending, in other words, they still love each other but the autor can't put a clear ending because the blacklist, censure, law, etc...
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:18   Link #3965
JustALeecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
So the Blu ray and Dvd have been released and the scans of the ending song have been scanned however why isn't there any news on the 10 years later mini novel? Is no one interested? Or at least what is it called in japanese?
I believe relentlessflame told us what is was about earlier and there were a few comments in reply. It was a story that wouldn't be considered a spoiler for those following the anime only. That's fine with me however, as only one thing has hold of my interest!

Apparently Kirino is very beautiful, so I'm wondering if a slightly description of her appearance is mentioned in the mini novel. For instance if she's described to be wearing a ring, I'll just happily assume it's one of the two rings that was given to her by a certain guy.. That would be enough for me to assume what the relation between her and her brother are after they both became adults!
JustALeecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:22   Link #3966
Tenshi-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post

The Autor said that it's a kirino happy ending, in other words, they still love each other but the autor can't put a clear ending because the blacklist, censure, law, etc...
yeah well how I see it is they can still iike/love each other but still be with other people. It's pretty much accepting the fact that they can't be together because they know it's incest and it will ruin everything. It's just a good suitable ending like that imo.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:25   Link #3967
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
My personal opinion: no.
But with articles coming out that tell of incestuous abuse, and incestuous forced sexual activities, I can see why people would think that. I'm starting to lean on the notion that it is a societal point of view but if someone can prove me wrong, then all the more power to them.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:27   Link #3968
kentasaiba

Kirino is so innocent and pure, but Kyousuke is a big hentai who want to see girls naked and touch breasts. Its just logical to think he force his naive little sister to do something bad...
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:48   Link #3969
Tenshi-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Kirino is so innocent and pure, but Kyousuke is a big hentai who want to see girls naked and touch breasts. Its just logical to think he force his naive little sister to do something bad...
You should've added a drop kick from ayase there lol
Old 2013-06-26, 12:51   Link #3970
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
yeah well how I see it is they can still iike/love each other but still be with other people. It's pretty much accepting the fact that they can't be together because they know it's incest and it will ruin everything. It's just a good suitable ending like that imo.
That is suitable in a sense, but most people seem adamant that it isn't possible because they love each other so much. When in reality it is perfectly reasonable to assume because of possible complications and hardships that is how they proceed exactly because they care so much for each other.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:53   Link #3971
seangel92

Quote:
My personal opinion: no.
But with articles coming out that tell of incestuous abuse, and incestuous forced sexual activities, I can see why people would think that. I'm starting to lean on the notion that it is a societal point of view but if someone can prove me wrong, then all the more power to them.
Incest aren't all rapes just as not all rapes are incest. If they are adults and they love each other, I think that it's not a rape.

Quote:
The autor intention is a unclear incest ending to avoid the criticism and the law (Blacklist, censure, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
That is suitable in a sense, but most people seem adamant that it isn't possible because they love each other so much. When in reality it is perfectly reasonable to assume because of possible complications and hardships that is how they proceed exactly because they care so much for each other.
And you again, the autor gave us hints in the interview to make more clear that he made this ending to avoid the criticism and the law. If you want to believe that they are just normal siblings the rest of their life, take it but don't put words in the autor's mouth.

Quote:
He is a pervert, his plan is rape all the ladies! xD Burn him in lava.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:58   Link #3972
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:

And you again, the autor gave us hints in the interview to make more clear that he made this ending to avoid the criticism and the law. If you want to believe that they are normal siblings, take it but don't put words in the autor's mouth.
It must hurt your feelings so much that I view an ambiguous ending differently then you. Also I'm not putting words into his mouth, you are lol. I also didn't say normal once.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:59   Link #3973
Tenshi-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Well what do you expect from an LN called My sister can't be this cute? ._. I mean I'm sure since the beginning of making the LN they were bound to show a little more than actual normal sibling relationship. and to end it off like how they did. It wasn't bad.
Old 2013-06-26, 13:03   Link #3974
Tenshi-Kun

Quote:
Incest aren't all rapes just as not all rapes are incest. If they are adults and they love each other, I think that it's not a rape.

The autor intention is a unclear incest ending to avoid the criticism and the law (Blacklist, censure, etc...).

And you again, the autor gave us hints in the interview to make more clear that he made this ending to avoid the criticism and the law. If you want to believe that they are just normal siblings the rest of their life, take it but don't put words in the autor's mouth.

He is a pervert, his plan is rape all the ladies! xD Burn him in lava.
You can call it an unclear incest ending. I would call it a suitable ending for the LN. Where you don't get too many fans upset about the ordeal.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:40   Link #3975
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Wait wait wait. The same Kirino who salivates over suggestive scenes in imouto eroge is now "innocent and pure" and "naive"? The same Kirino who pledged to do something "even beyond what you see in eroge"? The same Kirino who spent much of the story more-or-less bossing Kyousuke around is now going to be "forced" by him to "do something bad"? And the same Kyousuke who practically demonstrated himself a masochist and went along with all of his sister's selfish requests/wishes is now all of a sudden going to "force her" against her will (and she suddenly won't be able to stop him)?

Did we read the same story?

(And that aside... if wanting to see girls naked and touch breasts is enough to make a teenage boy a "big hentai", then, uh... well, I think there are a lot of "big hentais" out there... )
Old 2013-06-26, 14:48   Link #3976
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kirino innocent and pure? Even Kyousuke called her out on such bullshit.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:28   Link #3977
Wilshere

Quote:
Kirino is innocent and pure in her own way...... until she gets to play eroge
Old 2013-06-26, 15:59   Link #3978
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Kirino is innocent and pure in her own way...... until she gets to play eroge
Even when she plays eroge she is pure and innocent, remember she only see those ero-scenes to enjoy the ero-kawainess of the imoutos and for the sake of game history w/o any dirty thought in her mind ( yeah, right )
Spoiler for For vol.12:
Xical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:03   Link #3979
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
Even when she plays eroge she is pure and innocent, remember she only see those ero-scenes to enjoy the ero-kawainess of the imoutos and for the sake of game history w/o any dirty thought in her mind ( yeah, right )
Spoiler for For vol.12:
Ah, that's great, now I can read the direct translation into English and see for myself how good that Chinese quick translation was.
Old 2013-06-26, 16:17   Link #3980
Drakkar77

Quote:
Problem is, it's not "your" choice that matters, it's "society's" choice that matters.
My honest opinion about this....if I were in this situation society wouldn't matter to me. If you are in a country that will arrest you for that sort of relationship, then just move to some place that won't. There are various other ways to handle a relationship like this and still hide it from society. Moving to another country, then changing your name, and getting married, then returning to your country of origin comes to mind for a start.

With regards to choices, it's ALWAYS individual choices that matter [the most] I firmly believe that, within reason of course (things like killing, ect are very counter productive.) In the end society really is only an onlooker for immediate choices that individuals make, i.e. a choice to elope or the like.
Drakkar77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings