AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-22, 14:19   Link #81
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Yes, I had seen that pic, what I meant was that Simon would pilot Gurren-Lagann(when they are united) alone.
personally i think it would be better if simon has a partner to pilot Gurren-Lagann...namely nia ~ that was they can strengthen their relationship together...and hopefully some good romance will come out of this :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-22, 14:26   Link #82
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
personally i think it would be better if simon has a partner to pilot Gurren-Lagann...namely nia ~ that was they can strengthen their relationship together...and hopefully some good romance will come out of this :3
From the image before, don't think she will get to pilot sadly...
cute princess piloting a red face robot wearing sun glasses, hmmm
Old 2007-05-22, 14:59   Link #83
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Bah I suck, but I did something with Animedia's:

Nia, the girl who Simon accompanies when he finally re-encounters with Yoko and the rest of his team, turns out to be the daughter of the Spiral King, an entity non human or beast-men. The Great-Gurren-Dan, despite Simon's negatives, attempts to draw information about the enemy from the girl but they fail despite their efforts. Simon finally convinces them to be left alone with Nia and they start talking about what are emotional bonds. Nia then questions him about the one who he calls brother.

Suddenly, they're attacked by the second of the Four Spiral Heaven Generals, Adene. However, she doesn't dares to attack due to her enemies being in possession of Nia. Then it says something on the Capital and an offering from the General girl.
I'll bet any amount of money that Viral won't be involved with this. There's probably going to be another hiatus like with episode three to six. Besides I'm just not that lucky. Notice how everytime Viral exits an episode, we are left wondering where he went. Like in ep 3, when he set off that smokescreen thing he was gone, so howed he get away so fast and where'd he go? Now in episode 8, he gets thrown God knows where and we don't hear from him the rest of the episode. *sigh* Where has my Vi-chan gone?
Old 2007-05-22, 19:56   Link #84
quina

After seeing this picture again, it is clear who is piloting Gurren.
Its BOOTA!

He is nowhere in the picture. Also recall that ep 1, he can turn into human form. We might be seeing him turning human sometimes soon if that's the case
Old 2007-05-22, 19:57   Link #85
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Boota? Oh please....
Old 2007-05-22, 20:10   Link #86
Takeo
Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post

After seeing this picture again, it is clear who is piloting Gurren.
Its BOOTA!

He is nowhere in the picture. Also recall that ep 1, he can turn into human form. We might be seeing him turning human sometimes soon if that's the case
...he's on top of Yoko's head
Old 2007-05-22, 20:12   Link #87
quina

oh he is, damm
Old 2007-05-23, 04:01   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
From the image before, don't think she will get to pilot sadly...
cute princess piloting a red face robot wearing sun glasses, hmmm
im a noob for missing out such a detail

but seriously has anyone considered forehead boy Rossiu? seems like hes going to be an important general of simon in the future anyway looking at ep 1 so some battle experience wont hurt ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-23, 16:34   Link #89
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:

but seriously has anyone considered forehead boy Rossiu? seems like hes going to be an important general of simon in the future anyway looking at ep 1 so some battle experience wont hurt ~
It's true. I mean until now we still can't say for sure how Rossiu will contribute for the show, we only know that he is a serious guy and we have already seen he pilot a robot. Besides, we too can't see he in the pic. It would be quite interesting.
Old 2007-05-24, 19:22   Link #90
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Probably almost everyone dies along the way, leaving Simon and Rossiu to lead the rest of humankind on their several-times-upgraded galactic battle ship and cruise towards the stars to seek revenge on the aliens who first dropped Nia's people onto the humans' planet.

If they can show the Japanese kids on Sunday mornings that main characters can go pop with the snap of a finger, they can just go pop everyone else along the way just as easily.

Then again, it's kids we're talking about. So probably everyone else lives except Nia and Yoko will have to call heads or tails to decide who dies for Simon and finally pushing him over the edge to become Strike-Freedom-Kamina.
Old 2007-05-24, 23:35   Link #91
Zekori

Well, a bit off track but its too early to even count Rossiu as the guy in the "Future" sneak peek of the series.

Spoiler for To reduce space...:

After looking back, I noticed that theres a couple of "Scar/Scratch"-like marks on both sides of the guys face, and from what it seems to be a dog-like nose or something.

Although it's hard to make out, but it doesn't seem like Rossiu unless something major will happen (which major things in general probably will).

But the thought of a few beastmen joining the group doesn't sound too bad.

Edit: Forgot to add a lighter Contrast, since it's a little bit dark.

Spoiler for Contrasted Image to the one above, and I accidentally broke this picture link earlier.:

Last edited by Zekori; 2007-05-25 at 04:52.
Old 2007-05-25, 03:58   Link #92
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

*Double Post* Oops

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-05-25 at 06:03.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:16   Link #93
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Well, a bit off track but its too early to even count Rossiu as the guy in the "Future" sneak peek of the series.

Spoiler for To reduce space...:

After looking back, I noticed that theres a couple of "Scar/Scratch"-like marks on both sides of the guys face, and from what it seems to be a dog-like nose or something.

Although it's hard to make out, but it doesn't seem like Rossiu unless something major will happen (which major things in general probably will).

But the thought of a few beastmen joining the group doesn't sound too bad.

Edit: Forgot to add a lighter Contrast, since it's a little bit dark.

Spoiler for Contrasted Image to the one above:
The hair is a major give-away. I'm pretty sure that's what Rossiu's hair will look like when it's longer. See that huge ahoge of his and the way his hair line zig-zags across his forehead?

And you can see that his eye brows are pretty thick like Rossiu's except they're partially covered by his glasses.

The nose I'm still debating on. Could be the lighting or he somehow fused with Boota. You can also see that Rossiu has a really small nub for a nose, kinda reinforces my lighting theory.

Those scratch marks are probably tattoos like those on Kamina's body. Who knows Rossiu might put tattoo on himself to look cool.

Of course, there's some likelihood you could be right that that is not Rossiu but some loyal and important beastman of Nia's who decides to serve under SimonxKamina=Nia's Consort.
Old 2007-05-25, 05:31   Link #94
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So...speculation.

Around the final episodes, Gigantic Gurren Brigade goes off to challenge the Dimensional Government to rip apart time-space to go back in time to save Kamina and create a time paradox?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-25, 07:28   Link #95
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So...speculation.

Around the final episodes, Gigantic Gurren Brigade goes off to challenge the Dimensional Government to rip apart time-space to go back in time to save Kamina and create a time paradox?
lol thats quite a plot. Don't think thats the case, but we are talking about Gainax here; their plot are always crazy.
Old 2007-05-25, 08:03   Link #96
Lost

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
It's true. I mean until now we still can't say for sure how Rossiu will contribute for the show, we only know that he is a serious guy and we have already seen he pilot a robot. Besides, we too can't see he in the pic. It would be quite interesting.
I think he will be ground support, mechanic guy, like Leeron. See episode 8, where Leeron asks Rossiu if he wants to help. So yeah, ground support, behind-the-scenes dude.
Old 2007-05-25, 18:05   Link #97
Prolific

I think that, that guy in the first ep will most likely be a Beastman.
Old 2007-05-25, 23:29   Link #98
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So...speculation.

Not really, Shimon is going to blast the space time dimension split open for Buster Machine no 7. to get out. If you don't know what I am talking about, you should see Gunbuster 2.

Nia would be able to split planet with her buster beam pretty soon.... yeah, as if any of those will happen.
Old 2007-05-27, 03:40   Link #99
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Someone on Yotsuba mentioned episode nine calls Spiral King a human, but I heard here he was an alien.

The alien + humans LOOK THE SAME plotlines in science fiction are usually explained as humans being descended from aliens (not possible in our world) but I just want confirmation.
Old 2007-05-27, 03:42   Link #100
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Someone on Yotsuba mentioned episode nine calls Spiral King a human, but I heard here he was an alien.

The alien + humans LOOK THE SAME plotlines in science fiction are usually explained as humans being descended from aliens (not possible in our world) but I just want confirmation.
Spiral King calls himself human, I think, and Nia also refers to him as such.
Closed Thread