AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-04, 04:21   Link #81
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Well "FOME"..i noticed its been over a year since you started this thread..
i was woundering how things are still going dude?..
Holy crap. I never thought I'd see this thread again.

Well, I've learned a lot from my first dating experience. No, we're not dating any more, as she's gone to a different school and the relationship wasn't strong enough to warrent staying together. It was a simple break up, no heart feelings or anything. She still stays in touch, and I'm glad I had a chance to get closer to her, however brief it was.

In retrospect, I think I had been too persistant with the romantic aspect, rather than the fun aspect. As everyone knows, things often get really different when you switch from being friends to being boyfriend/girlfriend. I kind of wish that it didn't change, that the friendly, lighthearted sentiments remained. It probably means we weren't particularly compatible, but I think I'll be more cautious in future endeavors. I'm going to take things slow from now on, let relationships blossom on their own.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 05:33   Link #82
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Mate I'm sorry things didn't work out..but trust me
..This is something you'll look back on and say to yourself, I took the chance and it happened. I have so many friends who wish that they had the same courage you had to ask someone whom they felt was out of their league..so keep your head up..if she isn't the ONE..then she isn't...just keep on strutting bud..your still friends
so who knows..from my personal experience nothing is ever certain. I'm in your corner bud...so let the "FOME" spread....lol
Old 2007-08-22, 01:27   Link #83
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

lets all revive this forum. i would of posted something meaningful for advice but i have to reword it because well i got in trouble for the last thread i created.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 09:37   Link #84
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 20:36.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 10:03   Link #85
Traece
:cool:

I think I'm out of my own league right now. I tend to advertise myself and I am a big flirt, but I seem to find myself attracted to girls who wont like me and have girls who I know I wouldn't like attracted to me. So I kind of just leave the whole relationships thing out there and try to ignore it. (Coincidentally all the girls who get crushes on me have larger sized cups... Eventually I figured this out and realized quite a few things about my soul mate.)
Old 2007-08-23, 00:22   Link #86
Fome

Honestly, I don't really think about relationships much anymore. I'd always rather improve my guitar or practice singing. Or maybe that's just how I've made myself to avoid worrying about relationships. In any case, there are plenty of opportunities in the near and distant future, so I'm not particularly concerned.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:26   Link #87
Fome

Earth Wyrm, there are probably lots of people like you. I'm also 20, and not actively pursuing anything. I think you were right when you believed that genuine relationships happen by themselves, and I think both of us haven't lived nearly long enough to falsify that. Trust me, just be open and concentrate on other things. The right one will come.
Old 2007-09-12, 15:10   Link #88
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
The right one will come.
Aww thats so sweet ^^
but good for you, SHE SAID YES!
but does anyone else think this is wrong, or agree!?
My dad won't let me have any bf's or hang out with guys out side of school untill i'm 20
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 15:32   Link #89
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_halo View Post
Aww thats so sweet ^^
but good for you, SHE SAID YES!
My dad won't let me have any bf's or hang out with guys out side of school untill i'm 20
That is alright. Relationships are costly and time consuming! Perhaps that is why I am still single at 22!
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 16:07   Link #90
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
I can understand that.
I've never had a real girlfriend, other than a very poor (and short) relationship when I was 12 and an online thing which I don't beleive counts (not in my case, certainly.)

I've never made any effort to pursue a relationship with anyone - ever. I've always just kind of assumed that a genuine relationship would happen of its own accord eventually - but it never has, and sometimes I wonder how many years I can reasonably continue to just wait...
Up until recently it hasn't really bothered me - but now I'm at an age (20) where certain things will be expected of me in a relationship, and I don't think I'm ready to provide. I never got the 'practice sessions' that most people have in High School, so I think that when I do get into a relationship, it's going to be awkward both for me and my partner; I'm going to need someone special to put up with my naivety - which further puts me off pursuing anything; it's a cycle of sorts.
Well, I can relate to your experience very well. I'm also 20, almost 21, and the only experience I had was an online thing that ended up screwing my perception of relationships even more. It's somewhat embarrassing, of course, but to each their own, right? Personally, I don't think I'll ever get around to finding someone because, honestly, I'm a difficult guy to tackle - I have high hopes and expectations for a partner, I'm also full of idiosincrasies and what-not, so any woman planning on marrying me needs to have a big heart and an even-bigger patience

Quote:
Aww thats so sweet ^^
but good for you, SHE SAID YES!-
Look, I have young brothers, and I play the father role to them since theirs simply vanished and is nowhere to be found, so I understand your dad's feelings quite well. Maybe 20 is a bit too much, because I believe it's from 16 to 19-20 that you are the most free and can enjoy yourself the most. Having spent that entire term inside a dark room and typing on a keyboard, I can tell you that if you don't make good use of this time, you'll regret it. So I'd say have your fun in your own way, perhaps have a little relationship here and there... but don't get serious at such a young age.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 17:33   Link #91
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Having spent that entire term inside a dark room and typing on a keyboard, I can tell you that if you don't make good use of this time, you'll regret it. So I'd say have your fun in your own way, perhaps have a little relationship here and there... but don't get serious at such a young age.
I can relate to you in this circumstance. Though I have never really had a relationship, per say, it is important to develop the need for a real relationship for when you are older. I note that people should not get so serious at a young age. The possibility that you will be with that person is relatively minimal at most. There was this girl at work that as soon as she turned 18, she met a guy and within three weeks was engaged.

You have a long life ahead of you, take your time.
Old 2007-09-13, 00:29   Link #92
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
That is alright. Relationships are costly and time consuming! Perhaps that is why I am still single at 22!
...so...i herd you liek mudkipz?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 10:03   Link #93
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
...so...i herd you liek mudkipz?
Who wouldn't like this ->
Spoiler for Mud:

I must be falling behind in slang or something! lol

I actually I like ->
Spoiler for P..ika:
Old 2007-09-13, 10:07   Link #94
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What is this strange voodoo ritual you people call "dating"?
Old 2007-09-13, 10:41   Link #95
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
Who wouldn't like this ->
Spoiler for Mud:

I must be falling behind in slang or something! lol

I actually I like ->
Spoiler for P..ika:
aww the mud kip looks cute ^^
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 11:25   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba View Post
OMFG. THAT'S AWFUL! that's i'll only ever sleep with guys older than me, haha.
Cookies for you most def.
Looks like this tread might be kicking up again its fun talking about dating and everyone was real nice not jackasses or perverts like on some other forums

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-09-13 at 11:50.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 11:36   Link #97
Thingle
Banned

dating is a task that may kill me. I have a low Love Quotient. I like girls but i dont know which buttons to push. There's this girl that I like. She usually sits next to me in class and I crack perverted jokes at her but strangely, she laughs at it. I wonder what impression I make if I continue doing it. Help needed plz
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 16:01   Link #98
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
dating is a task that may kill me. I have a low Love Quotient. I like girls but i dont know which buttons to push. There's this girl that I like. She usually sits next to me in class and I crack perverted jokes at her but strangely, she laughs at it. I wonder what impression I make if I continue doing it. Help needed plz
I am not one to provide advice, but have you ever considered asking her out for a coffee, walk, movie, etc...? You could try to have conversations that are not totally geared towards sexual connotation to see her reactions.
Old 2007-09-13, 18:29   Link #99
Fome

I'm sorry, but given your current interactions, I think asking her out would be a poor choice. It'll be the most awkward thing ever. I would say that you guys need to become closer first. If it's not easy to do this, then she probably isn't right for you.
Old 2007-09-13, 21:49   Link #100
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post

You know, she also may laugh because it's the only thing she feels would be appropriate as a reaction to your perverted jokes. I know if a strange guy who sat next to me in class was talking like that, I would find it immature and awkward...but wouldn't want to hurt his feelings if he seemed to generally be "a nice guy with rude tendencies." I'd be careful since you could seriously label yourself as her 5th period stalker.

Why exactly do you feel the need to make jokes like that around her? I'm honestly curious since you mentioned not knowing "which buttons to push." You don't necessarily need to push any buttons...just gently nudge awareness in an attractive way.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom