AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 14:03   Link #261
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
Possible SPOILERS

I don't think any future nakama of Straw Hats have been revealed this far, Kidd and Law are unlikely - they are rivals and the Straw Hats will compete with them in the New World.

Impel Doom surerly holds some interessting characters though, I hope that a new nakama will come from there (I don't think Luffy will rescue Ace though).

Another thing I can see is a small giant =).

I have a hard time coming up with a post at the crew that Luffy hasn't filled.

Helmsman maybe?

Another possibility is that Luffy will recruit fighting strength, aka they will have no certein spot on the crew except fighting like Zoro.
I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't like if another character joined the crew who is at the same fighting level as the "Monster Trio", but I sure wouldn't mind a character stronger than the middle level Franky/Chopper/Robin but a bit weaker than Zoro/Sanji.

By the way, it has been mention before but not everyone seem to know it.
When Luffy said he wanted 10 members, he DIDN'T INCLUDE himself, as stated when Sanji became the fourth member and Brook the eight (counting Luffy they were the fifth and the ninth). So we still have at least 2 members more to await.
Well EXCUSE ME if I happen list the captain as the first member of the crew. HARUMPH! (grumbles) And just because Luffy said he wanted "10" members dosen't mean he can't recruit more than the required number as there may be more positions to be filled. I'm hoping the tally of crewmembers can total 12 because that would make for a great Zodiac of some sort.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 15:03   Link #262
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
And just because Luffy said he wanted "10" members dosen't mean he can't recruit more than the required number as there may be more positions to be filled.
Which is way I used the phrase "So we still have at least 2 members more to await". Since Luffy is Luffy, if he find an interessting character he wants as nakama he wont care if he already have 10 members already. But I think Oda will let Luffy have 10 members excluding himself at the end, since that what Luffy said he wanted.

And I didn't mean any offense.
Wisshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 21:40   Link #263
The_Three_Kings

if Luffy IS a crew member, but he didnt count himself when he said he wanted 10. But Luffy is a member of the Straw Hat pirates.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 21:16   Link #264
Rainbowman

Here's a factor, what are the chances of the next member having a Logia type Devil Fruit power?
Old 2008-08-18, 21:27   Link #265
james0246

Quote:
Here's a factor, what are the chances of the next member having a Logia type Devil Fruit power?
I think that the chances are fairly small, unless the logia power is comical. Like turning into Ice Cream or Soda/Pop or Syrup or some other silly but semi useful ability that is not overpowered (none of the current Strawhats are overpowered, they are just very skilled with an indomitable will power).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 21:40   Link #266
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think that the chances are fairly small, unless the logia power is comical. Like turning into Ice Cream or Soda/Pop or Syrup or some other silly but semi useful ability that is not overpowered (none of the current Strawhats are overpowered, they are just very skilled with an indomitable will power).
Well, what about wood, vines, leaves, or any other floral abilities? I'm pretty sure that's quite useful.
Old 2008-08-18, 22:18   Link #267
james0246

Quote:
Well, what about wood, vines, leaves, or any other floral abilities? I'm pretty sure that's quite useful.
Technically, none of those options would constitute a Logia ability (realistically, none of my options were actually Logia abilities either, but they were close (all had an elemental (water) quality)).

That being said, I would not mind a plant user, but I can't help but feel that such a power would be too close to Robin's powers. She can "grow" body parts (seemingly any body part). Additionally, it is a little hard to grow plants in the middle of the ocean .
Old 2008-08-18, 23:23   Link #268
Rainbowman

Quote:
Technically, none of those options would constitute a Logia ability (realistically, none of my options were actually Logia abilities either, but they were close (all had an elemental (water) quality)).

That being said, I would not mind a plant user, but I can't help but feel that such a power would be too close to Robin's powers. She can "grow" body parts (seemingly any body part). Additionally, it is a little hard to grow plants in the middle of the ocean .
Those options I mentioned which is wood, vines, leaves, etc. have to be Logia as the users should be able to TURN INTO those things NOT producing them from their bodies which would be described as Paramecia. (annoyed) You should try and listen to what I say without jumping into conclusions. (tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk)
Old 2008-08-18, 23:59   Link #269
james0246

Quote:
Those options I mentioned which is wood, vines, leaves, etc. have to be Logia as the users should be able to TURN INTO those things NOT producing them from their bodies which would be described as Paramecia. (annoyed) You should try and listen to what I say without jumping into conclusions. (tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk)
LOL, you got annoyed (for absolutely no reason) very easily, especially when I said nothing worth get riled up over .

No Logia user we have seen thus far has an ability that is composed around living material (as far as we know, it is impossible for a Logia to simulate a life form). An element (which is what all Logias simulate) is a component of nature, not nature itself. Added to that, it seems to be impossible for a Logia to be composed of multiple different elements, so, Plant powers could never fall under the classification of a Logia type due to the fact that they are composed of multiple elements when active. Added to that vegetation can never be intangible. And, in the end, a vegatation person would be insanly weak to fire.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-08-19 at 01:11.
Old 2008-08-19, 14:25   Link #270
Rainbowman

Quote:
LOL, you got annoyed (for absolutely no reason) very easily, especially when I said nothing worth get riled up over .

No Logia user we have seen thus far has an ability that is composed around living material (as far as we know, it is impossible for a Logia to simulate a life form). An element (which is what all Logias simulate) is a component of nature, not nature itself. Added to that, it seems to be impossible for a Logia to be composed of multiple different elements, so, Plant powers could never fall under the classification of a Logia type due to the fact that they are composed of multiple elements when active. Added to that vegetation can never be intangible. And, in the end, a vegatation person would be insanly weak to fire.
Well in that case, the user would have to turn into leaves much like Crocodile can turn into sand. Of course it is possible for the user to turn into wood and also turn anyone they touch into wood much like Aokiji can turn into ice and therefore made Luffy and Robin into ice. There's your proof that vegetation can fall under Logia type though I must admit that the vegetation would be weak against fire.
Old 2008-08-20, 01:32   Link #271
The_Three_Kings

Quote:

How about Aokiji's fruit? Its not intangible but its still a logia.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 03:02   Link #272
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
How about Aokiji's fruit? Its not intangible but its still a logia.
LOL, you are partially correct. Ice has no real structure (much the same as water has no real structure), appearing in whatever shape the water is frozen in. So, while Aokiji can be actively touched, unlike other Logia users, he still reatins the ability to instantly reform no matter the damage. I was incorrect to call him intangible, but he is also not like a Paramecia whose parts can be harmed (ex: Buggy).
Old 2008-09-03, 18:53   Link #273
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
So, while Aokiji can be actively touched, unlike other Logia users, he still reatins the ability to instantly reform no matter the damage. I was incorrect to call him intangible, but he is also not like a Paramecia whose parts can be harmed (ex: Buggy).
Eh?

I'm not quite sure what you're implying by "touched," but I know I've seen Aokiji go into an "intangible" state: when Luffy was about to connect with his Storm attack, he completely evaporated into frost particles. I honestly think his powers revolve more around the process of freezing than actual ice, at least in terms of what we've had to work with so far.

And just so I won't go completley off topic; I honestly hope the next Strawhat is a woman, there's just too much testosterone on the Sunny as of late.

I'd also really like to see a logia user on the crew, there practically around every corner at this point.

In fact, combine those two ideas! I don't think we've yet to see a female logia user... have we?
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 22:22   Link #274
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Eh?

I'm not quite sure what you're implying by "touched," but I know I've seen Aokiji go into an "intangible" state: when Luffy was about to connect with his Storm attack, he completely evaporated into frost particles. I honestly think his powers revolve more around the process of freezing than actual ice, at least in terms of what we've had to work with so far.

And just so I won't go completley off topic; I honestly hope the next Strawhat is a woman, there's just too much testosterone on the Sunny as of late.

I'd also really like to see a logia user on the crew, there practically around every corner at this point.

In fact, combine those two ideas! I don't think we've yet to see a female logia user... have we?
Well technically Honey Queen from One Piece Movie 2 is a female logia user. Of course she's considered a filler character. Needless to say a female logia user has yet to be seen in the main story as well as a female zoan user. (other than Miss Merry Christmas ) Here's something to think on: We know Brook is the tallest member, what are the chances of having the next member be the smallest? (smaller than Chopper in Brain Point of course )
Old 2008-09-04, 12:51   Link #275
Prestige

Movie/Filler charecers are non-canon and their powers don't really count.

Also it can be hard to distinguish diffrence of Logia and certain Paramecias.

One example would be Enies lobby bridge fight where one of captain was turned to small balls when Zoro slashed him.

Techically you could say he dispersed and even some would think him as Logia user.

Logia users are resembling an single element. Crocodiles Sand-Sand and partially Aokji's ice-ice are bit diffrent because they are quite solid elements instead rest of Logia users (Lightning,Fire,Darkness,Light,Smoke).

Crocodile could be also viewed as Paramecia though his ability to disperse to pure sand without shape and form makes him Logia without doubt.

Buggys Bara-Bara fruit makes him able to disperse but he can't turn to element he can just split his body as many parts he wishes.

Logia users are practically invincible because if they wish to escape they can just disperse themsefl to 100% element form and change location and materilaze on safe place.

Logias also seem to have almost unlimited control over their element even if those elements are not part for themself, Croco was almos god-like at deserts.

*AHEM* I got carried away

I wish that final member of Strawhats would be woman, Robin and Nami are just awesome. I wouldn't mind Ace either though im not sure do I like idea of Logia user in SW crew
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:54   Link #276
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Movie/Filler characters are non-canon and their powers don't really count.

I wish that the final member of Strawhats would be a woman, Robin and Nami are just awesome. I wouldn't mind Ace either though I'm not sure I like the idea of a Logia user in the SH crew
I know that Movie/filler characters are non-canon but their powers have to count for something if not in the manga. And I would have to agree on having another woman on the Strawhat crew. I also wish that Vivi and Ace could become permament members of the crew so there would be no hassle in trying to reunite with them.
Old 2008-09-05, 13:57   Link #277
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
I also wish that Vivi and Ace could become permament members of the crew so there would be no hassle in trying to reunite with them.
The only realistic way to get Ace on Luffy's crew would be if Whitebeard died. Ace has just as much passion behind promoting Whitebeard to the rank of Pirate King as Luffy himself has in pursuing said title. There's no way Ace wuld join Luffy permanently so long as he still had a shot at making Whitebeard Pirate King, hell he might even face off against Luffy to secure the title!

Then again, with receant events this may just end up being the case. The Marines are pretty much mounting an all-out defensive on the Whitebeards and their captain could very well end up a casualty. Unlikely, but possible.

Vivi'd be even harder to pull off, she's practically half the world away. I think Oda has some kind of plan for her in the near future, with how much things are spiraling out of control with the Navy I'd imagine the rulers of multiple countries would be alerted.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 03:00   Link #278
Slayerx

I wouldnt want a logia on the strawhat crew...
in a sense, their actually more boring then other fruits; boring in the sense that they are too strong by default

Most people can't even fight logia's, you need to exploit their elemental weakness or use seastone... essentially, any fight the logia enters, one of those two weaknesses would need to pop all the time to make them struggle in the fight... otherwise they just kick ass.
Spoiler:

Non-logias ,make for a much more interesting fight... only thing that makes logias in the serious so awesome is because they are either used against other logias or against our heroes... its always more interesting to make the good guys look like the under dogs.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 08:38   Link #279
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm about Logias, it really means 'natural type' as written in japanese. By that, if anything is of nature, it is possible. And if elements = nature, take a look at the elemental systems:

Japanese/Greek/Indian/Tibetan elements: Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Sky/space/heaven/aether
Chinese elements: Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth

In One Piece, even smoke is a Logia, which can be said as a compund element, then theres darkness and light. We can probably include space, metal and wood to be natural elements for possible Logia candidates.

If a new member is to have a logia ability and we do not want him to be intangible, he could well be metal or wood.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 12:50   Link #280
ellifeedn
Thinker

I should point out that there's also the possibility of a person who doesn't fight or can't fight at all joining. I know that it would be boring to have such a person be a crewmember, but there is always a chance of that. Of course, there's what profession the person has and whether or not the crew wants that person.

Slightly off-topic speculation: Luffy got the first 4 crewmembers in the East Blue, then another 4 from the first half of the Grandline. Who's to say that he won't get another 4 in the New World?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote