AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 23:49   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Tales of the Abyss - Episode 26 (END) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tales of the Abyss, Episode 26.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-03-27, 12:54   Link #2
NoLongerSane

Just saw the last episode. Very good to watch.
Spoiler for Ep.26 Final:
Old 2009-03-27, 15:43   Link #3
typhonsentra

Goddamn it, that's the whole reason I was watching this show.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:15   Link #4
ThoHell

Spoiler for Ep.26 Final:
Old 2009-03-27, 17:40   Link #5
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation Thank you lord for such a great ending!

OMG! I just finished it! THEY MADE MY DREAM COME TRUE!
Spoiler:

The battle was amazing! INCREDIBLE! BRILLIANT! Natalia's light arrows, JADE'S 4 SPELLS----------->EXPLOSION(FIRE), ICE ARROWS(ICE PICKLES RAINING DOWN), ENERGY SAP(I THINK IT WAS THAT lighting attack) AND INDIGNATION! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE! I think that it is too bad he did not use mystic cage but oh well!

Anise's BLOOD MOON HOWL! NICE! NICE!

LUKE+GUY= GREAT SWORD FIGHTING!
MY LAST COMMENTS ARE: This is the best one of RPG I have yet seen in anime. My first one was Tales of Eternia BUT THIS BEAT IT BY 100%. Not only length wise but also action, story depth wise, magic and fonic artes presentation, monsters were nice but not enough of different types as much a the game, WORLD WAS GORGEOUS, machine design were good too, BAD WAS THE BLOOD CENSOR WHICH I FIND STUPID (they put some but censor it a little with color wise in mind) and SHOULD HAVE PUT MORE LOVE between characters other than the Tears x Luke thing or Natalia x Asch which not much happened other than feeling exchange.

SCREEN SHOTS!
ASCH/LUKE FUSION! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
Spoiler:

Tears is so happy her tears almost made T_T YES! I WAS HAPPY FOR HER!
Spoiler:

PART WHERE TEARS SAYS SHE LIKES LUKE!
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-27, 17:53   Link #6
holyalexander
holy alexander

it is soooooooooo brilliant..
Old 2009-03-27, 18:07   Link #7
Josh902

Send a message via MSN to Josh902
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
OMG! I just finished it! THEY MADE MY DREAM COME TRUE!
Spoiler:

The battle was amazing! INCREDIBLE! BRILLIANT! Natalia's light arrows, JADE'S 4 SPELLS----------->EXPLOSION(FIRE), ICE ARROWS(ICE PICKLES RAINING DOWN), ENERGY SAP(I THINK IT WAS THAT lighting attack) AND INDIGNATION! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE! I think that it is too bad he did not use mystic cage but oh well!

Anise's BLOOD MOON HOWL! NICE! NICE!

LUKE+GUY= GREAT SWORD FIGHTING!
MY LAST COMMENTS ARE: This is the best one of RPG I have yet seen in anime. My first one was Tales of Eternia BUT THIS BEAT IT BY 100%. Not only length wise but also action, story depth wise, magic and fonic artes presentation, monsters were nice but not enough of different types as much a the game, WORLD WAS GORGEOUS, machine design were good too, BAD WAS THE BLOOD CENSOR WHICH I FIND STUPID (they put some but censor it a little with color wise in mind) and SHOULD HAVE PUT MORE LOVE between characters other than the Tears x Luke thing or Natalia x Asch which not much happened other than feeling exchange.

SCREEN SHOTS!
ASCH/LUKE FUSION! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
Spoiler:

Tears is so happy her tears almost made T_T YES! I WAS HAPPY FOR HER!
Spoiler:

PART WHERE TEARS SAYS SHE LIKES LUKE!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-27, 18:25   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Why did you come back alive, Luke?

Spoiler for last episode:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-28, 01:53   Link #9
xellos2099

Based on the theory of the contamination effect, it is Luke that is alive. Another big hint is that when Luke/Ashe appear, he told Tear it is because of our promise. Luke is the one who made the promise, so it would be him. Ask to why he sound like Ashe while it is Luke, it is simply. Luke body disappear and the forton enter Ashe body. So naturally it will sound like Ashe since it is Ashe body after all. AS to why it took 2 year, no idea but I guess it will take a long time for a dead body to regenerate to something.

As to why Tear sing during this battle? It is the same way as the game. They couldn't hurt Van at all so Tear has to use her final song to cancel out Van's power so they can beat him. Kept in him Van can take a hell lot more punishment since his body is no longer that of human.
Old 2009-03-28, 04:52   Link #10
yolin.shana

His voice was already more Asch-like at the beginning of the episode. Actually, no, it started getting deeper at the end of the previous one.
Old 2009-03-28, 11:04   Link #11
X_Danny_X

why we are using spoiler tags here? but anyway, it seems that is Luke after reading everything. Asch just dies in the anime.

what did each anime character said to Luke after he announced he was leaving the party???

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-03-28 at 11:35.
Old 2009-03-28, 18:29   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And so it ends huh...

Well personally I would say that they fused together rather than simply Luke taking over Asch's body hence I believe this Luke/Asch have the memories of both Luke and Asch, making him the ultimate being! The last part was a joke btw

I'll post my thoughts later when I get to it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-03-28, 20:58   Link #13
Peanutbutter

Overall, a fair adaption to a good video game.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-28, 21:57   Link #14
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, it's exactly what I expected it to be.
Spoiler:

I was also hoping for the "where are they now" montage long after the ED. They could have at least taken more liberties with that.
Old 2009-03-28, 23:55   Link #15
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I definitely prefer the game ending to this one. The music choice i think was poor at the end. Should have been more dramatic. Other then that i liked this series and how it followed the story line. I do agree that the epilogue should have been expanded on more. The major reason why i watched this was to see how they would handle the ending, but it just ended up copying the game ending with a poorer choice in music.
Old 2009-03-29, 04:32   Link #16
Manic
real men love pink

from someone who played the game and followed the debate the other side of the argument is that Ashe made a promise to natalia as well ( to marry her as well as to come back alive before he goes off to hold that army). I am one who always thought it was luke, since ashe dies even luke feels his presence vanish, and that loreli just fused their bodies so luke could live on. As for the time skip it wasnt 2 years, i think it was just 1 if that all they really say is that its his coming of age ceremony. Tear also says she loves him before party ways. As for when the reunite he says basically the same thing. Tear asks why are you here, and luke replys cus this place has a nice view of hod and besides i made a promise then it ends the same way.

Oh and to touch on what someone said earlier luke and ashe do have different dominate hands Luke is left handed and Ashe is right handed i believe.
the final battle is better in the game as you have to finish van off with your special and i always thought tear singing the final hymn was a nice touch
Old 2009-03-29, 12:03   Link #17
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
from someone who played the game and followed the debate the other side of the argument is that Ashe made a promise to natalia as well ( to marry her as well as to come back alive before he goes off to hold that army). I am one who always thought it was luke, since ashe dies even luke feels his presence vanish, and that loreli just fused their bodies so luke could live on. As for the time skip it wasnt 2 years, i think it was just 1 if that all they really say is that its his coming of age ceremony. Tear also says she loves him before party ways. As for when the reunite he says basically the same thing. Tear asks why are you here, and luke replys cus this place has a nice view of hod and besides i made a promise then it ends the same way.

Oh and to touch on what someone said earlier luke and ashe do have different dominate hands Luke is left handed and Ashe is right handed i believe.
the final battle is better in the game as you have to finish van off with your special and i always thought tear singing the final hymn was a nice touch
It was 2 YEARS! I heard the NI SEN or SAI which means ni=2.
Old 2009-03-29, 13:03   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It was 2 YEARS! I heard the NI SEN or SAI which means ni=2.
They didn't age. It was actually 2 days! (>_<)

Anyways...
Then you heard wrong. It's "ni NEN". Ni sen means 2 thousand or 2 lines or 2 whatever kanji sen is, and Ni sai means 2 years old.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-29, 14:17   Link #19
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
They didn't age. It was actually 2 days! (>_<)

Anyways...
Then you heard wrong. It's "ni NEN". Ni sen means 2 thousand or 2 lines or 2 whatever kanji sen is, and Ni sai means 2 years old.
I did not hear then saying 2 days and it would be impossible by logic with the way the vegetation grew.

I just heard it again and IT IS NI NENDO---------------->http://www.freedict.com/onldict/onldict.php. 2 years is what it means.
Old 2009-03-29, 14:24   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I did not hear then saying 2 days and it would be impossible by logic with the way the vegetation grew.
Bu-bu-but! They didn't age! (O_O; ) It is impossible by logic that they didn't age in two whole years! *tremble* *tremble* *shiver*

Closed Thread