AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-22, 12:34   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Sweet!! damn that looks awesome!!!

This is def a must watch for me!

I'll say it now, I love Lisa!
well she edges ahead atm cause I can only guess she is a elf but whether she is or not couldn't care. She got pointed ears and is cute as hell!
Old 2009-06-22, 12:48   Link #22
TrueKnight

I'm sold. The badass male lead who's skillfull and armed with a katana were good enough for me to follow this, not to mention the fine lineups of the women lolz.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:48   Link #23
NeoSam

The covers of volume 5 & 6 of the shounen(boy's) light novel series Seiken no Blacksmith have been added to the first post of this thread.

The first volume of the seinen manga adaptation that's based on this shounen light novel series will be released tomorrow (23/6/2009).

Here's the cover of the first manga volume:

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive.
Release date: 23/6/2009
Old 2009-06-22, 19:38   Link #24
Sakome

I think only the prologue chapter is out but it showed alot of promise. The trailer does look badass though and the girls look extremely cute. I'm a sucker for fantasy females/knights too. Looks promising, hope the manga gets scanlated too.
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 00:49   Link #25
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
I think only the prologue chapter is out but it showed alot of promise. The trailer does look badass though and the girls look extremely cute. I'm a sucker for fantasy females/knights too. Looks promising, hope the manga gets scanlated too.
Uuhhh, for your information, Chapter 1 is already scanlated.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 02:11   Link #26
Iron Maw
Banned

Really? I don't see it anywhere. Sure your not confusing it with the prologue?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 02:39   Link #27
TrueKnight

The manga scanlation goes by the name of Seiken No Katanakaji.
Old 2009-06-23, 02:56   Link #28
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think the anime makes Cecily a bit too moe? I actually like the manga version better.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 03:42   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Definitely different from the usual stuff Manglobe though and it's interesting to see something like this with high production values.. though I have to say having the director of Dragonauts and the series writer of Shuffle is a bit of a downer. Oh yeah I bet Aria will be my fav.... let's see if that feeling ends up being true...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:00   Link #30
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Definitely different from the usual stuff Manglobe though and it's interesting to see something like this with high production values.. though I have to say having the director of Dragonauts and the series writer of Shuffle is a bit of a downer. Oh yeah I bet Aria will be my fav.... let's see if that feeling ends up being true...
Which hasn't stop anyone from watching saki
people should reserves comments before anything is shown.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:07   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

Correct me if I'm wrong but Saki is actually following the manga so it's not like he could horribly screw up by doing that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:17   Link #32
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but Saki is actually following the manga so it's not like he could horribly screw up by doing that.
This could also apply to any series regardless of who’s directing. Only when creativity is injected can you really see their talents. lol, growing more cynical as I get older, even I’m starting to believe any quack of a director on a kyoani project can score big.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 05:39   Link #33
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Will add it to my "Will check + wait and see" list
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 06:55   Link #34
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Really? I don't see it anywhere. Sure your not confusing it with the prologue?
Oh yeah, it's the prologue, sorry. But yeah, I always refer the very first chapter of any manga as "Chapter 1."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 12:44   Link #35
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A tad confused and disappointed that they're throwing a katana in a medieval fantasy setting, but the lovely red haired knight more then makes up for that small point. Certainly on top of my 'will watch' list.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:35   Link #36
M.Marangio

The official homepage of the anime http://www.blasmi.com/ started with some informations about the world and the characters.

(via this gigazine article with some screenshots from the trailer)

ETA: english translation of the article

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-06-24 at 00:34. Reason: english translation
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:53   Link #37
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A tad confused and disappointed that they're throwing a katana in a medieval fantasy setting, but the lovely red haired knight more then makes up for that small point. Certainly on top of my 'will watch' list.
Yeah kinda rolled my eyes when I saw the katana they really can't help themselves same goes to that movie First Squad. Don't get me wrong I like the Katana but it's been overused in series and I don't see it's needed in this medieval series setting same goes to First Squad which is set in Russia and yet the lead girl has a katana.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:03   Link #38
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Yeah kinda rolled my eyes when I saw the katana they really can't help themselves same goes to that movie First Squad. Don't get me wrong I like the Katana but it's been overused in series and I don't see it's needed in this medieval series setting same goes to First Squad which is set in Russia and yet the lead girl has a katana.
Japan seriously needs to watch the "Pirate vs Knight", "Viking vs Samurai' and "William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu" episodes of the "Deadliest Warrior" series to dispell some myths regarding the katana and the european swords.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 21:46   Link #39
TrueKnight

I know the concern of throwing a katana into the whole medieval european fantasy setting. I for one, never liked the whole 'glorifying katana' picture and thought european styled swords are better in some areas and are more diversed. Some medieval swords are even equal to a katana in the field of cutting and sharpness. Still a katana is a pretty dang good sword.

But let's not forget the show's trademarks: it's fantasy and morever it's made in Japan. Of course they're gonna throw some of their culture around.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:02   Link #40
Oppius
Banned

Another fanservice-laden show...Japanese just won't learn...

Can anyone tell me how good its light novels if you already read it, I actually looking forward this show if its animation quality were good.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen